Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) (2323 Views)

JAMB/UME 2012 Exam Date: Shifted/Postponed? / JAMB (UME) 2006/2007 Is Out! / JAMB (UME) Examination Date Postponed(?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by Seun(m): 12:11am On May 09, 2005
The Nigerian Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) organizes the University Matriculation Examination (UME) once a year. The last one was conducted last Saturday (7th of May).

JAMB Website

Thisday reports:[list][li]"About 10 candidates, a Vice Principal and a man who posed as an official of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) were arrested in Lagos during yesterday’s conduct of the Universities Matriculation Examination (UME)."
Vice Principal Arrested at JAMB Exams (username nairaland, password nairaland)'[/li][/list]

Did you participate in the last JAMB UME examination? Tell us about your experience! Was there any cheating in your center? Do you think you did well in the exam? Do you have any suggestions for the coordinators of the Exam? What university are you hoping to be admitted into? In short, how was JAMB?

2 Likes

Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by kemmy(f): 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2005
Thank God, I did JAMB at a time when JAMB made a bit of sense.I'm not saying I'm that old, but it was pretty O.K.then.

When I hear what happens these days, I wonder why people need to study when they could go to any Centre and come back with 290.......over wetin e be now sef...I can't remember.
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by omogenaija(f): 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2005
edited
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by DoubleRevv(m): 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2005
men people in my skool we prepared for jamb like everything.we paid 5gs for early mornin classes eventually the exam came. gan-gan!
. we started with nija time like 1 hr after schedule....jamb says no use of calc but our invigilators thought otherwise and told us they were helpin us. the brother by my side did not even have question papers. maybe his jamb was supposed to be online grin. by the time i finished other centers within about 20 mins drive were yet to start. UP NIJA.
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by seeni4ever(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2006
i thank god i didnt do that stupid exam. there is no need for student to be doing a-level exams before they can get admited to a-level institution. that is part of our stupidity in na ija. the exam is too much for majority of the students, that is why there is alot of stuff going on. we go to school here in america we see how they do things. you dont need head cracking exams before you determine the best, the best will come out of you when you have all the amenities you need to study. To learn, you must want to be taught. -Proverbs 12:1 . but where is the teaching coming from in nigeria. nobody teaches this kids what they are doing in the exams and you are expecting them not to cheat. i will cheat if i have done the the exam, that is the only way forward.
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by Skidoc(m): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2006
I really want to know what Jakumo and Seun scored in their English JAMB. They both seem to have a way with big words. cheesy
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by Ebighiebi(m): 1:15pm On Feb 27, 2006
I`m not in the least happy or playful about this because this is someone`s future we are talking about.My invigilator was after making money instead of staring the exam at the right time.Yet we submitted our answers at the right time specified by jamb.It was a sad experience as i have to go all over again what i `ve gone through before that is preparing for another sitting.something has to be done about things like this
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by Timpaul(m): 7:17pm On Mar 18, 2006
I thank God I wrote what I learnt. And the result is nice, am only tired of waiting for Unijos Admission list
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by Timpaul(m): 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2006
I thank God I wrote what I Lent. And the result is nice, am only tired of waiting for Unijos Admission list
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by larger20(m): 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2006
Bleep jamb. thank you USA
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by drekid(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2007
2007 Jamb result out not sure of what my tv showed xterdy
Re: How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) by toladop(m): 12:54am On Jun 06, 2007
i took the controversial exams last year and scored 216. Though sometimes brilliant people do not perform well in the exam, dull people have high scores many times. I felt that once you score over 200 you are qualified to take the post-UME and your result there would determine your admission. Unfortunately, my name did not come out in Unilag list after 37 names came out in the first Mech Eng list. From my investigations, most of the 37 scored over 300. when i tried to ask some people concerning the unilag issue, they said engineering needs 270 in jamb. so why bother me taking the exam, when i don't qualify.I was frustrated because I had a long journey from PH. the benin- ore - lagos road was one of the most frustrating experience of my life. after waking up by 5a.m with good intentions to get to PH ontime, i got home some minutes to 2 a.m after a very horrible experience. there was no time to even stop and eat on the road. UI was my second choice, though they didn't do an exam, they did a so- called interactive session. after sending my SSCE result were I had 4 B's & C's , they said I didn't qualify for the interactive session. i didn't even apply for engineering but comp. sci. Whereas, 98% of people that took Jamb in Rivers state did one form of exam malpractice or the other excluding me sha. invigilators had a good day making good money even advising candidates to cheat in the exams. some of even charged 200 naira per phone call made by students. many candidates for this exam can't even express themselves in good english can't shade, can't even identify their paper types on their question paper before using their runs without the help of the invigilator and they want to study medicine. this is what i really saw. i then decided to study outside Nigeria(Ghana) and started an A level course to while away time and prepare myself. My exposure now changed which broadened my horizon and I decided to apply to some U.k schools. though i had already forgotten about JAMB, i decided to register as insurance.however, there was no space in PH and i registered in Calabar. funny center. you would not believe that the supervisor of that center organised praise and worship before the exams and asked his assistant to pray for us. he then concluded the prayer by asking God to help so that everyone would write the exam for the last time and to change the minds of people who plan to cheat. everybody was asking for who made arrangement for runs and unbelievably there was no runs in dat center. they were trying to make & receive calls but i couldn't believe that almost nobody can put his phone in vibration. Thankfully, a week after the exam I received an offer from Uk and I got another a week later. we thank God result came early this year and I would check my result when I am ready. now i have to spend heavy amounts of money to study abroad and my father has to divert some investments he planned for his retirement like shares for this purpose. the issue of jamb & education shouldn't be treated with levity in this country.it should be visited and adequate measure made to make everything O.k. a blueprint to make tertiary institutions good is abroad. we can't keep ruining this country and depriving/intimidating poor ones of their rights. please o . government make education top priority and do something urgently about that funny thing called JAMB. time is running

(1) (Reply)

Rsust Postgraduate Diploma (pgd) Screening Test For 2007/2008 Academic Session / Help! On The Jamb Registration Now Utme (unified Tertiary Matriculation Exam). / ATOMS And MOLECULES Simplified By An Egyptian Physics Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.