Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

She Died In My Room 1 - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / She Died In My Room 1 (15536 Views)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / The Day I Died : April 14 / And So She Died: A New Life Begins For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 1:08am On Jul 02, 2014
*continues*
_
I cracked my head searching for a good river but couldn't remember any. In desperation i thought of other alternatives.
"A good bush will do" i concluded as i remembered a very large bush, four hostels behind mine. The bush really was at the end of the street. A yet to be developed plot.
_
But i was very unsure of the best time to head to the place. I knew there wasn't a way i could go there without being seen by many students and my movement might draw suspicion due to the sack bag in my possession and if eventually Nmeka's body is found, tongues may talk and i could be caught. I reasoned.
"The only solution was to head out of the school environs with my load perhaps towards the small mechanic village which was fifty naira bus drop away from my lodge, find a good refuse dump site and dispose everything" .
_____
_
Luckily her body wasn't discovered that morning and so by 7:45am, i smashed her phone sim and memory card wrapped the debris in a small nylon before flinging it with the phone back into the sack bag. Soon after i left the lodge with my load and headed towards mechanic village, nervous, shaken but determined.
_
It was very easy to find a burning refuse dump site when i got there. I quickly disposed everything and headed back to my lodge a bit relieved.
All that was left was to sit and wait for the poor girl to be discovered.
_
I kept to myself, acting cool and trying hard not to behave in a way that could draw suspicion. It wasn't easy, i couldn't eat, sleep nor do anything. I was conscious of everything, plus i began seeing things. Strange weird things.
Perhaps it was my imagination, perhaps it was guilt and fear but i truly wasn't myself anymore. I didn't kill the girl but i wronged her spirit. I felt she was everywhere i went, staring at me with her dark eyes.
_
Then she was discovered........................ An early monday cry from one of the cleaners ripped the whole lodge apart.
_
To be continued. www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/nmeka-the-troublesome-spirit-1/
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 1:11am On Jul 02, 2014
Incase you are interested in having your story featured in our website or interested in being part of our vnovela writers, simply send a pm via this profile or a mail to info@coolval22.com . You have a lot to gain. We have a lot to gain together...

1 Like

Re: She Died In My Room 1 by pelvicky(m): 6:21am On Jul 02, 2014
u shd av finish dis tin 4 xrist sake..ohhh,lovely story
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by ChideraFavour(m): 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
@OP u sabi keep person 4 suspense sha. Y do u prefer ds short short update? Vry nice story anyways, am waitn patiently 4 d nxt update
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Lorlaahlozz: 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
where is d update
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
*continues*
_
The sharp cry shook the entire lodge, frightening me tremendously. My heart furiously pounded. The day of reckoning finally has arrived.
_

I waited for few minutes in my room as i tried so hard to compose myself. Just like other students, i had to check out the cause of the cry and noise coming from downstairs. I wished i had travelled, but truly it was very bright of me to stay put in the lodge instead of travelling, because i had to be around in order to follow events and plan ahead. Moreover the hostel was a large one but it never stopped students who lived in it from knowing each other's habit and as i hardly travelled. Who knows i could be suspected.
_
Yes i was so scared that i felt every step i took could lead anyone to suspect me even though i was far from being one of the hostel terrors nor cultists who could easily be suspected as the hand behind such a deadly act.
_
I drank a glass of water before heading out of my room. I slowly headed downstairs, towards where i dumped Nmeka's body days ago. You can't imagine how nervous and scared i was as i slowly made my way to that place.
_
Hundreds of students were already at the staircase when i got there. Students from the neighbouring hostels alike. I greeted some of my neighbours who told me of the terrific dicovery. I pretended to be shocked and forced my way to the front of the crowd.
After a little struggle, i succeeded in getting close to Nmeka's body which was already pulled out from the staircase. The poor girl was now lying just some steps away from where she was originally dumped, looking pale as ever. I drew a bit close as if i was very concerned.
_
"do you know her?" a girl quickly asked me. I turned to see almost everyone staring curiously at me. I swallowed hard with tension. My guilty conscience shook me like an earthquake.
_
"what?" i stammered.
_
"do you know her?" the hostel president asked, before the girl could repeat her question.
_
"hell no. That's exactly what i came to check" i managed to reply, dashing all their hopes.
_
"nobody knows her. She has no I.d or anything" the girl who asked the first question explained, while i shrugged, saying nothing.
The relief i felt as i heard the girl's explanation was quite enormous. I really had feared the question was asked with suspicion.
_
However i still feared the worst was yet to come. I knew there must surely be a scapegoat. A sacrificial lamb who will be blamed for such a horrible crime.
_
Who will it be??.
_
To be continued. www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/nmeka-the-troublesome-spirit-1/
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
You can equally check out some of our vnovela series like BETRAYAL, THE HEART OF A WOMAN, LOVE & SORROW etc via this section www.coolval22.com/Vforum/vforum/booksnovelsarticles/

_
you can also enjoy unlimited updates/notifications anytime, anywhere by registering in our website & subscribing to all our story sections...
_
We love Romance. We love Thrilling stories
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by ZUBY77(m): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
Weldone val.
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Aidy97(f): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
So breathtaking
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by ESIXLOVE: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
purpinxk wetin you dey do here.
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by purpinkx(m): 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
I come to check my nigga out oh, but na the blog I dey so . Shey ur story don wipe ?
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by ghostwritter(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2014
Coolval22.com:
You can equally check out some of our vnovela series like BETRAYAL, THE HEART OF A WOMAN, LOVE & SORROW etc via this section www.coolval22.com/Vforum/vforum/booksnovelsarticles/

_
you can also enjoy unlimited updates/notifications anytime, anywhere by registering in our website & subscribing to all our story sections...
_
We love Romance. We love Thrilling stories
brodà, what do i stand to gain if i send u my stories? Pls wisper it into my hearing.
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2014
#following#
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by davno: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
I love d intensity of dis story. Well done op! Its been long I read sth this nice on NL. Guess I should check back in 3 months to continue so I can have plenty to read at once.
Abeg continue joor! sad
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by ESIXLOVE: 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
purpinkx: I come to check my nigga out oh, but na the blog I dey so . Shey ur story don wipe ?
wipe na understatement, na waka be that ö, na for atlantic ocean the story waka go.
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by ZUBY77(m): 11:20pm On Jul 02, 2014
ghostwritter:
brodà, what do i stand to gain if i send u my stories? Pls wisper it into my hearing.

What do you gain here?
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by ghostwritter(m): 3:33am On Jul 03, 2014
ZUBY77:

What do you gain here?
what i post in dis forum is peanut compare to what i've got in my blog and laptop. Beside, i love to give back to NL.
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by ZUBY77(m): 8:14am On Jul 03, 2014
ghostwritter:
what i post in dis forum is peanut compare to what i've got in my blog and laptop. Beside, i love to give back to NL.

Fine then..
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
*continues*
_
The school SUG president soon showed up with the school authorities and the police, quickly dispersing everyone.
_

"you can now go on with your various activities, we are here to take charge of the situation. Be rest assured that the person behind this outrageous crime will be caught. If you have any information to share please don't hesitate to bring it to our knowledge. Mind how you talk to the press or better still leave us to do the talking. You are warned" the Dean of students addressed us before we were dispersed.
I returned to my room extremely scared and afraid. I couldn't imagine what the outcome of their investigation will be.
_
I didn't leave my room all through the rest of that day. I simply stayed indoors with my conscience punishing me. I was ready to do anything for my fears to go away.
_
Nmeka's body was taken away later in the afternoon. I couldn't help but peep through my window as an ambulance carried the poor thing away. Yes the time was precisely 3:15pm. I really couldn't imagine what caused the delay in moving a body discovered very early in the morning.
_
However some minutes after her body was taken away. A strange kind of dizziness took over my entire body. It was as if my room was spinning round with me in the center. I lost balance and collasped on my bed, breathing heavily while sweat drenched my body.
I couldn't believe nor understand what was happening. I never experienced such a thing before, but luckily i regained myself some minutes after.
_
I tried hard to think what could have happened, but just couldn't figure out anything. Not only was my eyes now seeing things that never was, the rest of my body has equally joined in the game.
Could Nmeka's spirit be behind this?" i wondered Miserably.
_
"but i didn't kill nobody. It was just an accident. I did what i had to do to save face" i kind of spoke aloud before realising myself.
A sharp knock of my door, quickly notified me of a visitor waiting outside.
_
"was i heard?. Is it the police?" i nervously asked myself as i slugglishly went to my door.
_

To be continued. www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/nmeka-the-troublesome-spirit-1/page/2/

1 Like

Re: She Died In My Room 1 by davno: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
Continue!!!!!!
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
Good story, extremely short updates!
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
candy: Good story, extremely short updates!
will post another update shortly.
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
HAVE YOU READ
THE HEART OF A WOMAN #series#?
__
A true story of a lady who grew up Abroad, returned to Nigeria and fell in love with a younger guy. Unfortunately all hell was let loose when she discovered that she was being played.
www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/the-heart-of-a-woman/

Narrated by
Stella. P for coolval22.com| AFRICA
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Lorlaahlozz: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ghen Ghen
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
waitn patiently....
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
*continues*
_
I nervously opened my door and came face to face with the hostel president, a policeman in uniform and the SUG president. I stared at them with panic.
_

"please can we come in?. The officer has some important questions to ask you" the SUG president explained while my heart froze. My guilty conscience was at its worst that moment.
_
I fearfully allowed them into the room, my heart pounding furiously as the policeman took a sharp look round my room before settling down on the only plastic chair i had, while the two students with him stood and stared at me. I knew they all noticed my nervous behaviour.
_
"I'm here to question you as a result of the body discovered in your lodge. The dead girl found under the stairs" The serious looking officer said to me as he brought out a small notebook which he opened.
_
"so what's your name?" he asked. I breathed deeply and looked at the hostel president who nodded to me in agreement. I slowly murmured my name, repeating it twice.
_
"you saw the girl's body right?" the officer asked. I swallowed hard and nodded. Nmeka's image quickly appeared in my head.
_
"yes i saw her" i answered weakly,
_
"do you know her?" he asked, sending my heart flying with the question.
_
"um no, not at all" i replied,
_
"are you sure?" he asked again,
_
"yes i'm sure" i answered,
_
"you mean you have never ran across her even in school premises?" he asked.
_
"yes i'm sure, i havn't seen her anywhere" i answered a bit boldly. He marked something in his book, closed it and stood up.
_
"thanks for your time, but i may be back" he grinned before leaving.
_
I locked my door, fell on my bed and covered my head with a pillow.
"liar, damn you liar" i heard Nmeka's voice scream in my head, sickening me.
_
I laid awake all night, scared and afraid. I was scared of Nmeka's ghost, scared of the police and scared of being discovered.
A very terrible wind equally blew that night as if rain was about to pour, but there came no rain, instead the wind kept making strange noises on my window which seriously terrified me.
_
Early tuesday morning i packed some of my clothes in a small bag and headed to my friend Gideon's lodge. I just couldn't stay all alone in my room anymore.
_
Unfortunately Gideon and his neighbours were all too eager to hear the dead girl's story, especially how she looked, who was being suspected and so on. They wanted to hear everything without knowing that they were upsetting me with their questions.
The more i managed to answer, the more questions they asked to the extent that i almost lost the remaining part of my mind.
_
Early wednesday morning i headed home to be with my surprised parents who were very astonished to see me return home in the middle of the week. I managed to mutter some lousy explanation which i believed they never truly bought.
_
But then it was as if the devil had so much interest in my case, because by 8:15am the next day, the hostel president called me on phone, asking me to show up at the lodge.
_
"The police needs to search your room". He ended up saying.
_
To be continued. www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/nmeka-the-troublesome-spirit-1/page/2/
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by princesa(f): 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
They call this kind thrillers right?

I'm hooked.

1 Like

Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Starting this July is another sensational true crime vnovela titled,
ROB & R.APE
_
An eyewitness account of a midnight robbery that went down in ST. GABRIEL GIRLS HOSTEL.
_
only on
coolval22.com|AFRICA
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by touchmeder: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ok i could no longer contain myself, so i went to your blog and read the rest of the story. Ok just stunned how it all went down. Good job though, it was quite captivating.

1 Like

Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2014
I read the whole story on your blog but I hope you will improve on it here. For starters bro, you didn't end it well, story line too short and more like an abstract and not the full story.
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by Coolval22com: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2014
candy: I read the whole story on your blog but I hope you will improve on it here. For starters bro, you didn't end it well, story line too short and more like an abstract and not the full story.

yeah i know we got a lot to improve on, moreover i don't have much people working with me and we have tons of stories to cover at the same time....
But concerning this particulary story, it's merely a confession from a friend {fan}, but my team edited and expanded it the best they could. Though we never aimed at ending it like a novel just like most people expected. However it makes coolval22.com unique. We turn real life happenings into stories....
With time we will improve very well..
Re: She Died In My Room 1 by touchmeder: 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
candy: I read the whole story on your blog but I hope you will improve on it here. For starters bro, you didn't end it well, story line too short and more like an abstract and not the full story.

spot on, u mirrored my thots. I was left panting for more. Op u did well though for keeping me spellbound.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS / Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel / Ade's Chronicle: A Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.