Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) - Health (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (84358 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by eniobanke101(m): 6:06am On Jul 14, 2016
pharm,nice job you guys are doing,kudos
my mom has been complaining of ear pains for days now,what can she use
thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Chidizman(m): 6:59am On Jul 14, 2016
Need help on anxiety issues?
Visit www.depressionandanxieties.com
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Stanzingerzy(m): 7:52am On Jul 14, 2016
Which drugs is best use to cure phylonpheristis, kidney infection and lones pains?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Orente21(f): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2016
Hello,pls i av pcos&high prolactin. Thou am on vit b6&folic acid. Pls can i take letrozole to induce ovulation. Am less dan 30. am married
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Orente21:
Hello,pls i av pcos&high prolactin. Thou am on vit b6&folic acid. Pls can i take letrozole to induce ovulation. Am less dan 30. am married

Letrozole is used in the early management of breast cancer after consecutive use of tamoxifen. Letrozole help to decrease estrogen production which is good in reducing the growth of cancerous cell. Reducing the production of estrogen wud definately lead to unhindered production of progesterone which wud aid ovulation. This is an unlicensed use. They maybe side effects. Don't u think use clomifene citrate wud be a safer one to use. With less side effects. That is if u have nt used it for more than 2 cycles before?

Which drugs have u been using!
I want to know ur drug history!
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Orente21(f): 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
evanscheck:

Letrozole is used in the early management of breast cancer after consecutive use of tamoxifen. Letrozole help to decrease estrogen production which is good in reducing the growth of cancerous cell. Reducing the production of estrogen wud definately lead to unhindered production of progesterone which wud aid ovulation. This is an unlicensed use. They maybe side effects. Don't u think use clomifene citrate wud be a safer one to use. With less side effects. That is if u have nt used it for more than 2 cycles before?

Which drugs have u been using!
I want to know ur drug history!
in feb, i use clomid 100g cd 3-cd 7. Bt i had an oversize follicles measurin 50mm and anoda 1.7mm. And none ruptured. So i had 2stop it 4d cyst 2disappeard. So av bein off ovulatn inducing drug.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2016
Orente21:
in feb, i use clomid 100g cd 3-cd 7. Bt i had an oversize follicles measurin 50mm and anoda 1.7mm. And none ruptured. So i had 2stop it 4d cyst 2disappeard. So av bein off ovulatn inducing drug.

Nice. U can go ahead then.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by franscolink(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
you are doing a great job, pls which drugs can I take to cure pile?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 11:45am On Jul 21, 2016
franscolink:
you are doing a great job, pls which drugs can I take to cure pile?

Piles (haemorrhoids) are swellings that can occur inside and around the back passage (anus) and the anal canal.
Treatment to me is more of life style modification than drugs except on emergency and serious swelling
Diet modification
Eat plenty of fibre
Drink a lot of water
Take a lot of fibre supplement
Avoid painkiller with codiene derivative. There cause constipation
Go to toilet as soon as u feel the urge. Extending the time for emptying may lead to a harder and stronger stool.

Drugs.
A good cream that has steriod, anaesthetic and pain relieving effect wud be good. To take care of the itching, swelling and discomfort felt in the anal area.
There cud be room for suppository.u insert it in ur anus at night wen u less active and u wash it off in the morning.

Surgery
A situation where there is already a distension of the anal membrane out of the anus. It wud require a quick surgery to fold it in before u start the drugs.
Thanks.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by eddie7: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2016
Nice job here Pharm,....pls keep the good work

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by jamesilo(m): 7:28am On Jul 25, 2016
evanscheck:

Am nt a doctor sir, am a pharmacist. To manage genital warts! Use a cream that contain silver nitrate. To make it easy for u there is a popular one called Avoca. Tanxs
tnx evanscheck..bt pls wer can i get dis avoca nd wats d price?? Tnx
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2016
jamesilo:
tnx evanscheck..bt pls wer can i get dis avoca nd wats d price?? Tnx

Sorry sir. That I cant help u.
If u go to a standard pharmcy shop I think u wud be able to get it there
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by spacyzuma(m): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2016
Hi Zeezahbee. I just came across this thread. Keep up the good work.

I have some questions, seeing as you're based in TX.

Truvada (the PReP drug) is available in USA, but not in UK where I live. I'm interested in procuring it, but don't know how.

Please do you have any idea how much it costs for a month's (or annual) supply in USA? Are there any legal implications in exporting it to UK when it's not been approved by the NHS?

Regards.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by zeezahbee(f): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
spacyzuma:
Hi Zeezahbee. I just came across this thread. Keep up the good work.

I have some questions, seeing as you're based in TX.

Truvada (the PReP drug) is available in USA, but not in UK where I live. I'm interested in procuring it, but don't know how.

Please do you have any idea how much it costs for a month's (or annual) supply in USA? Are there any legal implications in exporting it to UK when it's not been approved by the NHS?

Regards.
you have already answer the question. your country has to approve the usage of the medication before it can be imported or exported. they are a lot of procedure jn exporting medication to another country. paperwork and some kind of observation and evaluation.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by hazelle: 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good evening
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by rushman003: 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
Good evening my wonderful people, We have realized in Nigeria today that healthcare sector receives low attention especially in midst of technological advancement, also people are getting busier day in day out without having time to visit clinics when they are faced with health challenges, also hospitals are getting crowded as more people tends to show up in the nights or during weekends when they are less busy even at that doctors can not attend to them all, with high charges by private clinics as not everyone can visit government owned, forcing most people into self medication.
But at this, people are online 24 hours everyday on their internet enabled mobile phones despite hectic schedules.
Now it is time to break away, and take advantage of your internet-enabled mobile phones to connect one-on-one with a qualified medical personnel at your convenience to profound solutions to those little symptoms you are getting using Video calls,Audio calls and text chat.

Visit us on our facebook page to know more about us and also start posting questions as regards any health challenges you are facing and get free response from our group of qualified medical personnel

https://www.facebook.com/EasyDok

Share and like our page and allow yourself, your friends, your friends friends, your friends friends friends receive first aid medical attention at a click on their phone.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by spacyzuma(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
zeezahbee:
you have already answer the question. your country has to approve the usage of the medication before it can be imported or exported. they are a lot of procedure jn exporting medication to another country. paperwork and some kind of observation and evaluation.

Thank you.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by ddestiny20(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
after giving birth to 2kids my wife decided to take birth control injection, now 4 years after she has not been able to take in, she has done flushing, treatment of infection and correction still yet, what can be done.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Eddodoh(m): 8:11am On Jul 30, 2016
I have been battling with a Skin problem for some time now. Initially, I thought it was Eczema by I have used several drugs and creams to no avail.

It usually leave me with white scaly patches around my cheeks, chin and head.
The dead skin area when removed look reddish and at times itches.

Please, advice.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by shizle26(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2016
Pls pharmacist I have a problem of scratching my body,every time I take a shower or bath my body will be scratching me even if I used hot water to bath,pls tthis has been doing me since 6yrs now I need ur candid advice....i will be grateful to get addressed here...thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 9:49am On Aug 04, 2016
ddestiny20:
after giving birth to 2kids my wife decided to take birth control injection, now 4 years after she has not been able to take in, she has done flushing, treatment of infection and correction still yet, what can be done.

There is what they call homonal assay. Its just a complex way of analazing the homones to know which is being produced abnormally. That could give u an inside to what is the problem is.
Goodluck.
NB. Meanwhile both of u shud be on multivitamins to improve fertility.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 9:52am On Aug 04, 2016
shizle26:
Pls pharmacist I have a problem of scratching my body,every time I take a shower or bath my body will be scratching me even if I used hot water to bath,pls tthis has been doing me since 6yrs now I need ur candid advice....i will be grateful to get addressed here...thanks

Goodday. There is wat is called hypersensitivity reaction. A time wen the body become overreactive to a particular thing. It cud be water, soap etc.
Wat have u used before since it has been with u for 6 years. Wat did u used before.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 9:54am On Aug 04, 2016
Eddodoh:
I have been battling with a Skin problem for some time now. Initially, I thought it was Eczema by I have used several drugs and creams to no avail.

It usually leave me with white scaly patches around my cheeks, chin and head.
The dead skin area when removed look reddish and at times itches.

Please, advice.

What have u been using on it.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Sam0(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
I went for blood test and the result shows that my malaria level is +1 and typhoid is 1.60, pls is there any reason I should panic? and what table is appropriate for d treatment of both.your advice is needed pls.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by shizle26(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2016
I been using medicated soaps but to no avails, but what I know is that I used to regular hot water still no cure.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Eddodoh(m): 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
evanscheck:

What have u been using on it.
I use Skineal cream which clears it and immediately I stopped it resurface.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by canyinsola(f): 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=zeezahbee post=24324432]Get informed on how your pharmacist can help you. Pharmacists are medication experts.Do you suffer from a chronic condition such as asthma, arthritis, or diabetes etc? Your pharmacist can work with you and your doctor to make sure you choose the best medications to look after your health.

Studies have shown that half of all Nigerians do not take their prescription medications exactly as prescribed. Every year thousands of people are admitted into hospitals because they did not follow the instructions on their medication container.
Do not leave the pharmacy or hospital until you fully understand how to use your medication properly.

Not sure what to ask your pharmacist? Here is a list of questions you can consider:
Why am I taking this medication?
How and when should I take this medication?
Is "four times a day" the same as "every six hours"?
Do I have to wake up during the night to take my medication?
Am I supposed to swallow my medicine with food or water?
Is there anything I should or should not eat or drink while I am taking this medication?
What should I do if I miss my dose, or take two doses close together?
How will I know if this medication is working?
How will I remember to take my medicine?
I have allergies - is it safe for me to take this medication?
Are there any side effects I should watch for? Will it make me sleepy?
Will my medication interact with other drugs?
Can I drink alcohol while I am taking this medication?
Will it be affected by over-the-counter medications like painkillers or antacids?
Will it be affected by vitamins or herbal supplements?
Can I take this medication if I am pregnant or breast-feeding?
When will I feel better?
If I feel better can I stop taking it?
When should I see my doctor?
Can I get my medication in a container that is easier to open?
Where should I keep my medication?

[please sir my cousin (female) is having this problem she confided in me and told me not not tell her mother bcoz she will take it personal and think of many things
Her problem is that her menstruation is not sable. she said she tries to study it for like six consecutive months she starts at 28days interval and the following month it will be 26days,is that normal? she did some for five days while some is two days(it will stop after two days and she will c little blood stain in her pant maybe two days after that with little menstrual pain) is that normal if not what is the solution.
2.she said beside her Anus she notice some thing like small flesh at times it will enter(flat) but most times its always out especially when she want to deficate.pls what is the solution to all her problems? ]
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by hormeiza(m): 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pls pharm in the house is it normal to have rashes like under the penis cap, if no what are the cause and how to cure it thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 1:15am On Aug 12, 2016
Eddodoh:

I use Skineal cream which clears it and immediately I stopped it resurface.

The reason y u use skineal and it goes and come back is that u are are stopping the skineal cream wrongly. Skineal has a lot of steriod in it and it also has a withdrawal characteristics of returning back wat u have treated or even worst (that the best way I can explain it here).if u choose to use skineal then use it, but when u want to stop it u taper it down to alternate usage.
You can also add Itraconazole to the treatment. Twice a day dosing wud be appropriate
Thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 1:17am On Aug 12, 2016
hormeiza:
Pls pharm in the house is it normal to have rashes like under the penis cap, if no what are the cause and how to cure it thanks

Rashes under the tip of ur penis is not normal. I wud advise u do a Microbial sensitivity test. Also do a VDRL.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 1:23am On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=canyinsola post=48400172][/quote]

1. And sometimes the flow wud be heavy, oda times it wud be light (that was nt included). dis is a very detailed and observed history. Be as it may, test are required at the point to fully understand the issue. Microbial sensitivity test is required. Which wen ruled out wud lead to other test. But first thing first. Which is MCS. But from my years of practice I know it shud be a bacteria infection. Thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 1:26am On Aug 12, 2016
Sam0:
I went for blood test and the result shows that my malaria level is +1 and typhoid is 1.60, pls is there any reason I should panic? and what table is appropriate for d treatment of both.your advice is needed pls.

Sorry for the late reply. Depending on ur genotype the pluses in malaria level may not be much as it may be in others esp if ur immune system is high. Am sure u have gotten relieve cos it's a long time since u sent the message. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

Mum Of One Commits Suicide After Crying For Help On Facebook / Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits / Heavily Pregnant Woman Spotted Smoking, Sparks Reactions (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.