Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (84405 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by tforever(m): 3:03pm On May 16, 2015
moonberry:
Thanks for the opportunity, I am asthmatic and recently I have been using a drug dexamethasone for the past one month it works well, but I have been having leg pains and its getting worse so I have decided to stop the drug for now cos I can't bear the the pain. I have also decided to concentrate on using calcium cos I feel maybe I have used an overdose of the drug that's why I am having the pain. please I need your advice.
what you are expriencing is the side effect of the drug..
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by tforever(m): 3:05pm On May 16, 2015
moonberry:
Thanks for the opportunity, I am asthmatic and recently I have been using a drug dexamethasone for the past one month it works well, but I have been having leg pains and its getting worse so I have decided to stop the drug for now cos I can't bear the the pain. I have also decided to concentrate on using calcium cos I feel maybe I have used an overdose of the drug that's why I am having the pain. please I need your advice.
what you are expriencing is the side effect of the drug
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Dadsonval(f): 5:10pm On May 16, 2015
Pls, what medications or herbs that can cure ovarian cysts in ttc?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by tforever(m): 5:24pm On May 16, 2015
Sirniyeh:
Hello Dear,

What is the best way to maintain an elderly person's health?

My Father (above 70) always has severe Cough crisis. He has never smoked cigarret in life. Stopped drinking beers over 20yrs ago.

He is still healthy but just the cough crisis. All tests were carried out (sputum, urine, blood, etc) but nothing discovered to be the cause. I just make drugs availblle for him as maintainance.

But pls what way (drugs) to better maintain such case?

Thanks
yes there is a better way
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Buchika: 2:28pm On May 17, 2015
hello pharm, pls what is the long term effect of taking amlodipine 5mg, it does the job of controlling my bp,but any time I stopped taking it the bp starts to rise. thanks for ur anticipated quick response.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by tforever(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2015
martinNO:
Hey pharm,
pls was best drug 4 ulcer patient. Although i was talkin malaria drug n typhoid drug think it was it only 2 go 2 hosptial n was told dat i hv ulcer n dat my appendix is in it mild stage. Although hv finished takin d drug dey gv me in d hospital bt d pain by d left side of my tommy is stl on n a change in my mouth taste coupled wt yellowish unrine colour. Wat do u advise me do pls
An ulcer is the irritation of the stomach wall. A gastric ulcer is a wound in the stomach walls or in the small intestine. Symptoms
- Dyspepsia (bad digestion)
- Vomiting
- Headaches
- Burning sensation and discomfort
- Severe ulcers may result in acidic vomiting or bleeding can occur. The excrement may be black in colour from blood in it.
Suggested Treatment
- Eliminate spices, hot peppers (chili), alcohol, coffee, fried and other irritating dishes as well as aspirin.
- Eat milk, cream, cheese, oatmeal and bananas.
- Eat bland foods such as boiled eggs, potatoes, pasta soups and crackers.
- Ingest Aloe Vera Gel (juice)
- Take Vitamins A & E, B6 & B12
- Eat lots of fiber, oat bran, etc.
- Ingest Licorice (proven to be very effective in the treatment of gastritis, stomach and duodenal ulcers).

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by tforever(m): 6:46pm On May 17, 2015
Sirniyeh:
Hello Dear,

What is the best way to maintain an elderly person's health?

My Father (above 70) always has severe Cough crisis. He has never smoked cigarret in life. Stopped drinking beers over 20yrs ago.

He is still healthy but just the cough crisis. All tests were carried out (sputum, urine, blood, etc) but nothing discovered to be the cause. I just make drugs availblle for him as maintainance.

But pls what way (drugs) to better maintain such case?Complete holistic health should be seen from an integral point of view, taking into consideration several aspects such as nutrition, psychological aspect, bone structure, exercise, hygiene and taking responsibility for one's own life.

Thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Buchika: 10:31am On May 18, 2015
Buchika:
hello pharm, pls what is the long term effect of taking amlodipine 5mg, it does the job of controlling my bp,but any time I stopped taking it the bp starts to rise. thanks for ur anticipated quick response.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 18, 2015
Goodafternoon MA, please I was diagnosed with pcos. Can u recommend any supplement that can help boost my hormones?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by mumigrace(f): 5:44pm On May 18, 2015
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 10:53am On May 19, 2015
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2015
[quote author=Buchika post=33850094][/quote]
The long term effect of amlodipine is dat it kills the erectal muscles of ur sex organ... so now since its brings down ur bp, I can nt say u shud stop taking it but I wud say whoever is prescribing shud add sildenafil... to help with d side effect of amlodipine...( pls am acting on behalf of the pharm in charge)
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Dadsonval(f): 12:32pm On May 19, 2015
I dont think this page has a good and qualified pharm. Nobody to answer questions?

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Buchika: 8:16pm On May 19, 2015
evanscheck:

The long term effect of amlodipine is dat it kills the erectal muscles of ur sex organ... so now since its brings down ur bp, I can nt say u shud stop taking it but I wud say whoever is prescribing shud add sildenafil... to help with d side effect of amlodipine...( pls am acting on behalf of the pharm in charge)
thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:34am On May 20, 2015
Dadsonval:
I dont think this page has a good and qualified pharm. Nobody to answer questions?
wat do u want to ask.... d page is useful and we deliver drug related solutions ask ur question we wud know wat to reply u
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 11:21am On May 20, 2015
fatme:
Goodafternoon MA, please I was diagnosed with pcos. Can u recommend any supplement that can help boost my hormones?
Please I asked a question, no reply from anyone yet.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Godsbaby1(f): 5:45pm On May 20, 2015
Pharm, wat cud be a pepperish pain in my belly around navel, right inside like my womb, in other word hotness of the womb, wat are the remedies, it like it chase out sperm after intercourse within 7 days,
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 11:05pm On May 21, 2015
fatme:

Pls get the full meaning of the abbrevation (pcos) u were diagnosed with so that we can help u... interpreting abbrevations can be funny atimes .
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 11:07pm On May 21, 2015
Godsbaby1:
Pharm, wat cud be a pepperish pain in my belly around navel, right inside like my womb, in other word hotness of the womb, wat are the remedies, it like it chase out sperm after intercourse within 7 days,

Rush down to a good hospital for a qualitative examination which cud be invasive or non- invasive as the case maybe... just go for an examination... thank you.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 11:22pm On May 21, 2015
mumigrace:
Hello Pharm! I've been diagnosed with PID, i've been having pains in my pelvic area for yrs but noticed it was getting worse as time went by. Now I feel pressure and constant ache in my right pelvic area around d groin. Which drugs will I take to flush out everything? Thanks and hope to get a reply soon.

Pelvic inflammatory disease is a disease of the upper urinary tract... so back to ur complain. U had pain for so many years, the actual number of years not stated.. u did nt also state if u are having discharge... I think I wud recommend u go on antibiotics for 14 days. U can use levofloxacin , you take it(500mg) one tab daily and then u add doxycycline to it and go on 2tab twice a day for d first two days then u switch to one tab 2twice a day. ( u shud take the doxycycline only for 10 days) ... even when u feel better u must make sure u complete the antibiotics and den give a space of three days before u go back for test.. thank you.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 7:04am On May 22, 2015
Am aving weak erection, wat is d solution
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 10:54am On May 22, 2015
evanscheck:

Pls get the full meaning of the abbrevation (pcos) u were diagnosed with so that we can help u... interpreting abbrevations can be funny atimes .
Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by DASHAKA: 11:03am On May 22, 2015
Hardwork is an essential part of a human life. Most times after all this hardwork we are left with stress and bodypains all over. You nessesarily do not need pills all the time there is a way out to solve all these. So, Are you stressed? Do you get easily tired? Are you sexually incapacitated? Do you experience body ache? Or are you just recovering from sickness?
look no further...... tryout "DASHAKA" natural therapeutic soap...... its handmade and 100% natural. a stress manager that rejuvenates you. contact us on this number: 08097294298,09051148499. a trial will convince you....try it out today.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by piragirl(f): 6:06pm On May 22, 2015
Hi pharm, please how can one shrink fabriod that is blocking the tube and preventing pregnancy. And how can one cure ovarian cyst....thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by zeezahbee(f): 8:33pm On May 27, 2015
piragirl:
Hi pharm, please how can one shrink fabriod that is blocking the tube and preventing pregnancy. And how can one cure ovarian cyst....thanks
You need to check with your doctor for a scan. In most cases depending on the size of the cyst, a surgery is done. Sometimes a birth control pill. Just see your doctor because you have 2 issues. Cyst and fibroid, let me know the outcome of the test. Goodluck
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by zeezahbee(f): 8:34pm On May 27, 2015
gommex:
Am aving weak erection, wat is d solution
Attention or erection shocked
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by zeezahbee(f): 8:34pm On May 27, 2015
evanscheck:

Pelvic inflammatory disease is a disease of the upper urinary tract... so back to ur complain. U had pain for so many years, the actual number of years not stated.. u did nt also state if u are having discharge... I think I wud recommend u go on antibiotics for 14 days. U can use levofloxacin , you take it(500mg) one tab daily and then u add doxycycline to it and go on 2tab twice a day for d first two days then u switch to one tab 2twice a day. ( u shud take the doxycycline only for 10 days) ... even when u feel better u must make sure u complete the antibiotics and den give a space of three days before u go back for test.. thank you.
Thanks evans
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by zeezahbee(f): 8:38pm On May 27, 2015
fatme:

Cyst is different from boosting your hormone. So one after the other.
Have the doctor test you to be immunosuppressed. WHy do you need a booster. What stage is the treatment for your pcos. I can't say any drug for hormone if I don't know the current drugs you are taking. Do see your doctor ASAP
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 27, 2015
zeezahbee:
Attention or erection shocked
i mean wat solution can u proffer for someone with weak eerreecctionnn
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Haryoryhemie(f): 11:13pm On May 27, 2015
Pls pharm, I've been battling with after bathe itching for so long nau. Whenever I use hot water, d itching reduces but doesn't stop. It has nothing to do with d water or area and I've used predisolone and preton to no avail, pls wat do u recommend? I need to hear from u ASAP
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Rexology: 12:25am On May 28, 2015
Please which antibiotics is more effective for an adult to treat typhoid?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Heavily Pregnant Woman Spotted Smoking, Sparks Reactions (Video) / Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.