Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief (46491 Views)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Nigeria’s Super Eagles; The First African Team To Qualify For 2014 World Cup In / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by jayrager(m): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
Royal Roy: Good point Op.

Have you also considered the way the refer to Africa as if we are just one country?

"Asamoah Gyan is the highest goal scorer in Africa with 6 goals in the World Cup"

"We expect the Africans to play a defensive football...... that was a reference to Nigeria before the Argentina match"

So disgusting sometimes when all the records of Messi or Muller was not combined and named as an European record or a south americn record.

Can't blame them much though.... we really need to improve on our ratings and increase our presence at decision making in FIFA so we can correct all these anomalies.
you got this spot on mahn. I noticed this especially. So annoying and degrading.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
Abeg we complain too much. Don't let us be cry-babies. We make meanings of too many things.

Supersport is pro-Africa. Their analysts say categorically how far they want African teams to go. No European opens a thread saying the Europe hatred is beyond belief.

I don't like cry-babyism.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by mrdrizzy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
lagtech:

On Wednesday sir-he did play as good if not better than Messi. In the past I cant say that. In the future-I dont know.
hey man hw ya doing..aint u gonna open the importation thread again as NL is back?
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by lagtech(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
mr.drizzy:
hey man hw ya doing..aint u gonna open the importation thread again as NL is back?

I had to re-register my username and now I am a new member again!New members cant create threads on the Tech Thread until after a few days/weeks. I have been trying almost every hour.

Each time I try-this is what appears:

Sorry, you can't post in this section yet. Please try again in a few weeks.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
hollandis: I am in lourve with this post kiss

It will do you more good being in Louvre with me.

This post can become invisible if what happened to nairaland last week happens again..

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by mrdrizzy(m): 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
lagtech:

I had to re-register my username and now I am a new member again!New members cant create threads on the Tech Thread until after a few days/weeks. I have been trying almost every hour.

Each time I try-this is what appears:

Sorry, you can't post in this section yet. Please try again in a few weeks.
oops wellden i guess ur gonna have to find someone to open it up for u
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
Black people and Africans spend too much of their lives agonizing over how much everyone likes or hates them. A pervasive victim complex. It's very annoying to see. You should be more "insulted" with the way Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Cameroun etc have embarrassed themselves before the world over the last 2 World Cups with conflicts about their bonus. I find that highly embarrassing.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
Obi1kenobi: Black people and Africans spend too much of their lives agonizing over how much everyone likes or hates them. A pervasive victim complex. It's very annoying to see. You should be more "insulted" with the way Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Cameroun etc have embarrassed themselves before the world over the last 2 World Cups with conflicts about their bonus. I find that highly embarrassing.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

That racist-white supremacist said African teams don't have any tactical sense, I mean really ? So we basically enter the field and start running after opponents and the ball .moronic bastard

What do u expect from his shitty assss when his overrated country couldn't defeat Ghana and they had to come from behind to get a draw.
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2014
Mistermamus: I don't blame them wen d black race don't do anytin positive atall and behave like animals & uncivilised ppl. wat do u expect so free dem
PLEASE JUST SHUT UP IF YOU NO GET ANYTHING TO TALK. PEMU LIKE YOU MMMTTCHEWWWWW angry angry
Re: Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief by LastprophetJ: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
lagtech:
I am watching the World Cup in the United States-on ESPN, ESPN 2 AND ABC. They have world class commentators including
Micheal Ballack
Everton Coach
Ex USA Players
Steve McManaman
Ex Argentina and Brazil players
Gilberto Silva -2002 World Cup winner
Even ex Super Eagles Efan Ekoku is a commentator.

But the insults to Africa by ESPN and the world media is just unbelievable.

1) Micheal Ballack-said clearly that NO African team would make the 2nd round. Well he's been proved wrong.
2) In the Nigeria -Argentina match review-you would think that only Messi and his teammates were on the field-only their goals and plays were reviewed. No mention of Ahmed Musa or Mikel, or Babatunde or Enyema.
3) ESPN constantly shows reviews of matches- in snippets-the exciting moments-not one reference to any African team or player.
4) Yahoo did a review of the teams left -and of course Algeria and Nigeria were bottom. In fact in reviewing Nigeria-this is what Yahoo said:

"The Super Eagles advanced at the expense of Bosnia-Herzegovina, which were a much better team in the group stages. Life, she is unfair."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/dt-s-world-cup-power-rankings--france-are-le-top-dog-164601571.html

2 sentences and thats all they could say?Bosnia was better than us? Seriously? -yet we scored 2 goals against Argentina and they did not? Yet we won and they lost?

I know its not about us being black-there are black players the world over-its just a disdain and disrespect for Africa. When people hear of France and Nigeria-they think of records-not man to man. Enyema is the best keeper in France -they dont think of this. The Super Eagles have improved with every match -they dont think of this. Mikel plays with Chelsa -they dont think of this. Ahmed Musa-played as good as Messi on Wednesday-they dont think of this.
In fact the only time Nigeria got extended mention was to sympathize with us over the Boko Haram bombing of Wednesday and wondering how it would affect the players.

I know that Africa still lacks behind Europe and South America in records-but we have world class players playing in Europe-are we not worth at least 1 minute mention in a 5 minute segment? Guess without winning the world cup or at least 2 African teams getting to the Semi Finals in two consecutive world cups-they will always consider us as "waka pass" .

please let us nt decieve oursef!!!!!

super eagle was n is neva gud!!!!

i am a nigeria d americans did well to mention us jst once.if i was dem i wil nt evn mention it at all.a team dat s so poor,poor to d xtnt dat it shows!!

who said we didnt xcape bosnia.xcept u didnt watch that match!!!

4gt being a nigerian!! b truthful!!!

super eagle s bounch of.shiiiit.

who s moses or musa to b compared to.messi!!!

musa dat miss 10 and score once!!!

i dont knw weda u ppl dat watch ur team.play!!!

a team dat cnt win congo or sudan!!!!

pls u ppl shuld to lying to oursef!!!

during d wrld cup hw mny international frndly did we win.n we xpect to win wrld cup

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Official €222m Cheque Of Neymar's Transfer To PSG (Photo) / Davido With World Cup Winning Eaglets / Jesse Lingard's Cars And His Trademark Custom Touches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.