Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] (31227 Views)

CosmicCm-4.4.4 ROM On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 / I9082l-dualsim [v5.4] / Rooting Samsung Grand Duos / Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] by saeedashifahmed(m): 5:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 receives Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom firmware from XDA Developers on 20 June 2014. Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM for Galaxy Grand Duos is based on Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat — an amazing ROM built from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements. This is very fast, stable, and feature-filled roms. Team of CarbonROM strive to not only provide you with the best rom they can build, but also to give back to the Android community and their fellow developers. You can update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom firmware using the tutorial below. Your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 should be rooted and have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) installed. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM of XDA Developers. This Galaxy Grand Duos update would require a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone.

About Carbon ROM:

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. Developers are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. Carbon Team like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. They strive to not only provide us with the best rom they can build, but also to give back to the Android community and their fellow developers. If interested, have to look at, build, and use CarbonROM code on CarbonDev GitHub.

Like this Carbon ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.4? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems. - See more at: http://idroidhorizon..com/2014/06/CarbonROM-on-Galaxy-Grand-Duos.html

How To Update Galaxy Grand To Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom Firmware :

We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom firmware on Galaxy Grand I9082. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy Grand I9082, then this should not be any different for you.

GET FULL POST HERE: http://idroidhorizon..com/2014/06/CarbonROM-on-Galaxy-Grand-Duos.html

However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.

To Remember:

This tutorial is only for installing Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Grand variants.
Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.

Entire Step-By-Step Procedure:

Step 1 - Download Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom firmware and Google Apps for Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to your computer.

GET ALL DOWNLOAD LINKS HERE: http://idroidhorizon..com/2014/06/CarbonROM-on-Galaxy-Grand-Duos.html

Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Grand I9082 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.

Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.4.4 ROM zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).

Step 4 - Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.

Step 5 - Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. You will get an exclamation mark now. Again, hold your Volume Up + Power buttons. You should now be in your Recovery Mode.

Step 6 - Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.

Step 7 - Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”

Step 8 - Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.

Step 9 - Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.

Step 10 - Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.

Step 11 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”
Note: Repeat the same step of installation as in step 10 with Google Apps after installing Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
Your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 should now have Carbon ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom Firmware installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
XDA:DevDB Information
Carbon ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082
Contributors:
xenon92
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information:
Current Stable Version: 20140615
Stable Release Date: 2014-06-15
Created 2014-03-21
Last Updated 2014-06-21

Also see: https://droidfeats.com/
Re: Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] by nani667: 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
Screenshots ??
Re: Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] by tuncetila(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
i need links to download the custom files... these link above does't lead one anywhere. keeps going to facebook
Re: Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] by saeedashifahmed(m): 12:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
Update Moto G to Android L CyanogenMod 12 Custom Firmware

- See more at: http://idroidhorizon..com/2015/04/update-moto-g-to-android-l-cyanogenmod-12.html
Re: Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] by Abhinayakjoshi: 7:51am On Apr 27, 2018
Easily find rooting tutorial from https://modmyandroid.com/

(1) (Reply)

Nokia 5 And Nokia 6 Sales Have Officially Begun In Computer Village. / Downloading And Running Whatsapp On Tecno T608 / MTN Introduces 3gb For 300 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.