Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning (15236 Views)

Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) / Kano Bomb Blast Scene - Victims & Bomber (Warning : Graphic Photos) / Abuja Blast Scene During Investigation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
curiouslad:

We provide private water for ourselves, fuel our generators, send our kids to private schools, hire 'Mai-Guards' to secure our properties, some even contribute money to patch roads and now we are to install CCTV ourselves, very soon we are going to be hiring private policemen!!

What is the use of the Government then?

There is nothing wrong in the gov asking for collaboration from everyone.

Even if the cameras they had are working, there is still no way they can possible cover the majority of the city.

Even in the investigative movies you watch, you'd often notice the investigators walk into a private facility like a restaurant or gas station and request their camera feed from the manager in order to solve a crime.

So I'd say they should eagerly pursue this collaboration with the private sector in fostering the prevalence of CCTV throughout the city.

All hands on deck.
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by dazangel11(f): 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
A bomb blast also occurred in Lagos. Where is the footage? Abi Lagos no install CCTV?
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by victorazy(m): 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
tonychristopher: HOW DO YOU EXPECT THE CCTV TO WORK ...HAD ANYTHING EVER WORKED IN NIGERIA FROM SATELLITE ...TO ORDINARY CCTV...WHY CANT THE SATELLITES WE LAUNCHED GIVE US IMAGES IF TERRORIST

MAY THE SOUL OF DEPARTED REST IN PEACE

TO MY BROTHER EMMAB..HE IS FROM MY VILLAGE IN NNEWI SOUTH ...PLS TAKE HEART...IT HURTS TO BE A NIGERIAN INSTEAD OF BIAFRAN..IN MIDST OF MUSLIM TROUBLE MAKERS

GOD WILL SET US FREE IJN

Is really hurts!
Nigeria is corrupt from its foundation!
Last time on NTA Tuesday Live, that yeye fct minister claimed the cameras are working and Nigerians never cared to follow the matter.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
Uchiha Madara:

There is nothing wrong in the gov asking for collaboration from everyone.

Even if the cameras they had are working, there is still no way they can possible cover the majority of the city.

Even in the investigative movies you watch, you'd often notice the investigators walk into a private facility like a restaurant or gas station and request their camera feed from the manager in order to solve a crime.

So I'd say they should eagerly pursue this collaboration with the private sector in fostering the prevalence of CCTV throughout the city.

All hands on deck.

Stop spoiling madara's name, he is more intelligent than this.

That's if d shop has camera. Pls don't say the part of your comment I made bold in a developed country, they cover every single place.

3 Likes

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
rutchiekens:

Stop spoiling madara's name, he is more intelligent than this.

That's if d shop has camera. Pls don't say the part of your comment I made bold in a developed country, they cover every single place.

What country has cctvs that cover everywhere?
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
seanet02: Dem don chop all the money. Awon were radarada
chai, bros.....

1 Like

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by zurine(f): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2014
interesting
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by DikSin(m): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
simply_me: Yet none of these i too know on nairaland Has ever been to the Police department to find out the true state of things.

And what have you been able to do as the presiding cheer leader of the " I Too Dumb" girl band?

1 Like

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by simplyme3(f): 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
DikSin:

And what have you been able to do as the presiding cheer leader of the " I Too Dumb" girl band?

Ask your momma at home.
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by ikeyman00(m): 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
@@@

the simple solution is the Biafra must go so most of yall can have your hausa-fulani-oduduwa boko haram country
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by begwong: 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nothing thrives in this country with impunity like corruption and theft from ogas at the top.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by DikSin(m): 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
simply_me:

Ask your momma at home.

Listen up u kork sucker,
Don't start your witchcraft here, you hear me

1 Like

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Talking(m): 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
This post is not in anyway to support the government or score political points, but to clear the air with respect to the CCTV issue.

1. $470 million was not borrowed to install only cameras. The project is quite encompassing covering about 5 units, CCTV including one of them.

2. The cameras were not installed in Abuja alone, there are about 500 poles containing about 2 cameras each making it a total of 1000 both in Abuja and Lagos respectively.

3. The cameras are not located on every nook and cranny of these states, they are placed in selected places in some parts of Lagos and Abuja.

4. The closest camera along banex plaza is located on the street adjacent to EMAB plaza road by the Chinese restaurant and therefore cannot pick up any footage of the happenings around EMAB plaza.

5. There are trees along the EMAB plaza road also blocking the limited line of sight of the said camera by the Chinese restaurant.

6. Nigeria has 2 functioning satellites a. NIGCOMSAT 1R b. NIGERIA SAT 1X. NIGCOMSAT 1R is a COMMUNICATION satellite and is only used for communication purposes like for GSM back hauling, Internet Broadband, VOIP, Video conferencing, to mention but a few. NIGERIA SAT 1X is an EARTH OBSERVATION satellite which is used for geographic sensing, urban/rural planning, high level landscaping, to mention but a few.
NB: NONE of the above satellites can/was designed for capturing human/moving footage whatsoever.

7. Most of the cameras are very functional, only a few have challenges.

8. There is a monitoring center where the images from the camera is being observed 24/7. These centers are at the Nigerian Force Headquarters, Abuja and the Lagos state Police Command Headquarters, Area F, Ikeja, Lagos.

9. In advanced countries, shops install CCTVs in their environment for their own safety. We can protect ourselves as well, because the government cannot do everything for us.

10. Ask me constructive questions only please, no insults.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by simplyme3(f): 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
DikSin:

Listen up u kork sucker,
Don't start your witchcraft here, you hear me

She sucks too and u know it.
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by DikSin(m): 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
simply_me:

She sucks too and u know it.

Oh! U mean ur granny or ur he-she childcheesy undecided
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Talking: This post is not in anyway to support the government or score political points, but to clear the air with respect to the CCTV issue.

1. $470 million was not borrowed to install only cameras. The project is quite encompassing covering about 5 units, CCTV including one of them.

2. The cameras were not installed in Abuja alone, there are about 500 poles containing about 2 cameras each making it a total of 1000 both in Abuja and Lagos respectively.

3. The cameras are not located on every nook and cranny of these states, they are placed in selected places in some parts of Lagos and Abuja.

4. The closest camera along banex plaza is located on the street adjacent to EMAB plaza road by the Chinese restaurant and therefore cannot pick up any footage of the happenings around EMAB plaza.

5. There are trees along the EMAB plaza road also blocking the limited line of sight of the said camera by the Chinese restaurant.

6. Nigeria has 2 functioning satellites a. NIGCOMSAT 1R b. NIGERIA SAT 1X. NIGCOMSAT 1R is a COMMUNICATION satellite and is only used for communication purposes like for GSM back hauling, Internet Broadband, VOIP, Video conferencing, to mention but a few. NIGERIA SAT 1X is an EARTH OBSERVATION satellite which is used for geographic sensing, urban/rural planning, high level landscaping, to mention but a few.
NB: NONE of the above satellites can/was designed for capturing human/moving footage whatsoever.

8. There is a monitoring center where the images from the camera is being observed 24/7. These centers are at the Nigerian Force Headquarters, Abuja and the Lagos state Police Command Headquarters, Area F, Ikeja, Lagos.

9. In advanced countries, shops install CCTVs in their environment for their own safety. We can protect ourselves as well, because the government cannot do everything for us.

Cheers!

Thank you for pointing this out, unlike some dude that just told me on this thread that in developed countries cameras cover everywhere.

What an ignorant statement. The fact that there are cameras at a lot of places in say Houston Texas for instance, doesn't mean they were all installed by the government.

The cameras covering the humongous parking lots at Walmart, are they also installed by the government?

We should all learn to call a spade a spade, in some cases the gov is obviously corrupt, in this case though, the gov is asking for active participation from the private sector in installing cameras, which any sane person would view as being a good thing.
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Adeola894(m): 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
tonychristopher:

THIS IS WHAT I CALL A WAY TO SLAVERY ...DO U WANT NIGERIA TO SELL THEMSELVES TO SLAVERY
have you been to Dubai b4? I guess no! So shut the Bleep up if u dnt knw anyfn.
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by aresa: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
Uchiha Madara:

Thank you for pointing this out, unlike some dude that just told me on this thread that in developed countries cameras cover everywhere.

What an ignorant statement. The fact that there are cameras at a lot of places in say Houston Texas for instance, doesn't mean they were all installed by the government.

The cameras covering the humongous parking lots at Walmart, are they also installed by the government?

We should all learn to call a spade a spade, in some cases the gov is obviously corrupt, in this case though, the gov is asking for active participation from the private sector in installing cameras, which any sane person would view as being a good thing.

You are mixing apples and oranges..

This is not about seeing CCTV cameras everywhere, the point here remains that the Nigerian government spent $500 million borrowed from China on worthless or invisible CCTV.

The city of Houston didn't take out a loan from CHINA to install worthless CCTV all over Houston, the Nigerian government did and if the City of Houston did, it definitely wont be the worthless toys we have in Abuja.

The fact that we don't have to see Cameras everywhere in Abuja doesn't mean we shouldn't see any Camera bought with our money or that we should with worthless toys.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by aresa: 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2014

Fashola Unveils Modern Market With 64 CCTV

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, western Nigeria, has unveiled and handed over the newly reconstructed Isopakodowo Market in Oshodi with 64 Close Circuit Television, CCTVs, to provide security for the market.

It's all about leadership. You lead by example.

If security is important and big on your table, you lead the way. This governor not only built this market, but he installed 64 CCTV from scratch. 64 CCTV just for one market. This means every human, cat and flies in and around this market is on tape 24/7.

Instead of deceiving us and embezzling money, do the right thing by putting your money and commitment where your mouth.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by toprealman: 11:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
My brother most CCTV are as effective as the nigerian police force.
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
Not surprised.........
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by jookco(m): 2:56am On Jun 30, 2014
dazangel11: A bomb blast also occurred in Lagos. Where is the footage? Abi Lagos no install CCTV?
1st ola:
That one go hard small for naija o
U know how desperate the Eastern and southern brothers could be?
How animalistic the northern brothers could be?
and how daft the western brothers could be?
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by akinladejo: 3:25am On Jun 30, 2014
Ordinary stealling you called it corruption. Anyway a dey laugh oooo
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 30, 2014
Talking: This post is not in anyway to support the government or score political points, but to clear the air with respect to the CCTV issue.

Cheers!
Thank you for the clarifications. Unfortunately, the APC e-dogs on NL are not interested in the TRUTH. Even the report they'r ranting about did not confirm that the CCTV cameras are dysfunctional.

APC and lies/propaganda are like siamese twins. They have refused to learn even from their catastrophic outing in Ekiti.

And by the way, from the little I know about the CCTV camera project, it was a project inherited by GEJ's govt.
The project emanated from a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) executed between Messrs ZTE Corporation of China and FGN during a state visit to the Peoples’ Republic of China (PRC) by the late President, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua in March 2008.

Read more about the scope of the project (it is much more than just mounting of CCTV cameras)
http://www.policeaffairs.gov.ng/index.php/achievements/police-services
From reports available about the project, it ought to have been completed last year
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by abacus(m): 7:11am On Jun 30, 2014
dazangel11: A bomb blast also occurred in Lagos. Where is the footage? Abi Lagos no install CCTV?
Aunty, bomb blast in Lagos? E ma serious gan.. when was that?
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by Wolison(m): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2014
You hardly can point out any functioning thing in Nigeria......I pity for my ex country........long live the republic of Biafra....my fatherland!!!
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by tonychristopher: 9:45am On Jun 30, 2014
Adeola894: have you been to Dubai b4? I guess no! So shut the Bleep up if u dnt knw anyfn.

THIS IS HOW YOU DECIEVE PEOPLE, WHAT IS DUBAI..I AM A PARTICIPANT IN GITEX, ANNUAL EVENT IN DUBAI, SO EMIRATES ISNT A BIG DEAL, ITS EVEN VISA FREE.

YOU WANT TO PACK NIGERIANS TO DUBAI FOR SLAVERY JUST LIKE PHILIPINOS AND PAKISTANIS ARE DOING THERE...YOU ARE ASKING ME IF I HAVE BEEN TO VISA FREE DUBAI WITH 80K AIR TICKET VIA AIR MOROC...IDIOT

IS DUABI A BIG DEAL...SLAVE MASTER..EWU
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by macof(m): 11:15am On Jun 30, 2014
ikeyman00: @@@

the simple solution is the Biafra must go so most of yall can have your hausa-fulani-oduduwa boko haram country

Bros abeg, as you agitate for Biafra we Oduduwa are after our own.
Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by MEILYN(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2014
NIGERIA! The country of my motherland! When would all the killings stop? When would there be love and peace? When would everyone become honest? When would we all become orientated to understand that killing others is not the solution to a problem? When would our leaders begin to see the plight of the common man? When would corruption be eradicated in its entirety? When would the suffering that leads to restiveness end? When would the gap between the poor and the rich be reduced if not totally wiped?

All these can be solved when we elect a great leader. All these can be solved only if we go out and have a say by voting. Do not sell your vote.

Go out naija and make that change. We can make that change together join me by liking my page www.facebook.com/gooutandvote2015

1 Like

Re: CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning by ikeyman00(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
@@@
macof

Bros abeg, as you agitate for Biafra we Oduduwa are after our own.

where; in the kitchen back door

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Reacts After PDP Lawyers Led Thugs To Disrupt Court Proceedings. Photos / Sanwo-Olu Celebrates Fashola At 60. / EFCC re-arraigns Dokpesi over alleged N2.1bn fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.