Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:25 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (480020 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2019
Odo’calm is a sweet smelling anti-aggression/No Fight liquid used to prevent Pigs from fighting.

Its useful when merging Weaners, Sows or controlling Fatteners in a Pen
Odo’calm calms pigs and no fight happens after use.

Odo’calm also controls the bad odour from the farm as well as keep your hands smelling fresh after use.

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jimisho: 11:28am On Aug 15, 2019
Jimisho:

Your location pls
I am a pig farmers located in Abeokuta.
Do you want to start a pig farm? I have the following for sale;
- insow
- waeners male and female
_ growers male and female
- adult boars
- ready to mate boas and gilts
We are a growing farm located in Abeokuta Ogun state

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jimisho: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2019
Jimisho:

- insow
- adult boars
They are mostly large white please

1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jimisho: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2019
Jimisho:

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jimisho: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Jimisho:

- insow
- adult boars

1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jimisho: 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
Jimisho:

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by oneglasseyed(m): 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
Hi Dejia,

I am interested in buying some weaners & have emailed you at deji@fulfillsa.co.za.

Can you please reply back or send me a number to call you? I also tried both numbers 07019320034 / 07069701998 but they were switched off.

My number is 08166688474 & email is oneglasseyed@yahoo.co.uk .

Many thanks.

dejia:
Hello Pig Farmers,

Its been awhile i took time to write on this platform, hope are pigs are happy and healthy? i hope we are still able to balance their diet, with the high cost of feed which unfortunately has been very hard to pass it on to the middle men and consumers.

Today, i will like to debunk.. what seems to be a growing believe in the Nigeria pig industry, its about White colour pigs'

I know Genetics and Breed is a very delicate topic, every farmer has its own believe, we have no standard, no research institute to help, so.. every single farmer his a genetics expert and tells you from his own experience. ( I dont blame us all).

Pig Genetics is a very controversial topic in Nigeria because we have few breeding farms, and no standard to back it up; Lately alot of Pig farmers are looking for better genetics with better FCR ( Food conversation Ratio), they want a pig that will get to a 100kg within the shortest time.

I have written on my view about this in previous post, on why i think Breed is not all that its required, we have to Balance Breed, with Feed and Management.

To the Main reason for this post.

Alot of Pig farmers believe, White colour pigs are the best, they are Camobourough ,Camobourough are only white, if it is not white in colour its not a camobourough!..

Uhmm, i totally disagree.. and i will like to change the mindset of those with those believe...

i love to write with lay man terms ( parables), so that new farmers can also learn,.. its like someone telling you that all Toyota cars are white,... or all Toyota are Silver colour Or All toyota are Corolla, Or All Toyota cars are made in America; because Toyota corrolla is common and parts are readily available,parts are cheap and easy to maintain and popular. In your case, the toyota you require might be a Prado, maybe because of the weather/climate in your environment or terrible road. You might be better off with a V8 Land cruiser, in your area because you get fuel for free ( cheap feed)..

Lastly, when next a farmer tells you, his pig is Camobourough, please ask him, which Camobourough? ( Which Toyota, Is it a Camry, its Prado or a Corolla? he should also tell you which year model.. a Toyota camry 1999 is diffrent from Toyota Camry 2016.Every year genetics are improved upon and released into the market; same with Pigs.

Just my 2kobo advice for today.

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tsync: 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
There are few pens available for rent with water & store facilities included @ Oke-Aro, Ogun state. There are plenty benefits for especially newbies and experienced farmers such as easy access to quality feed at affordable price, vet, and quality breeds to achieve high profit.
Oke-Aro pig is the largest pig estate in west Africa and an excellent place to start your pig farming. Contact Philip on 09093569360 if interested.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by MikeBetty(m): 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
chigomiced:

Large whites/Landrace (cross)
Growers :15k Weaners: 9/10k
Onye Uru Ahia
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 11:00am On Aug 19, 2019
MikeBetty:
Onye Uru Ahia

����
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by andyzoga: 4:30am On Aug 22, 2019
Get a digital scale @ 20k each for your appraisal on your farm. Know whether you're farming right or wrong and stop being cheated by buyers.
Capacity is 0.0-300kg. Contact us on WhatsApp 08137946484.
Thanks.

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Anthony20: 2:16am On Aug 24, 2019
It will be more productive if we can convert or move this to whatapp group
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by castins(m): 6:21am On Aug 25, 2019
Weaners @ 8k in Port Harcourt.
Call / WhatsApp : 08036752586.
[quote author=Jimisho post=81276851][/quote]

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by castins(m): 6:35am On Aug 25, 2019
Growers @18k in PHC.
Call / WhatsApp :08036752586.

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by akinwale701(m): 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
lagbaja:
I am into pig farming. Pig farming is one of the most lucrative arms of animal farming. Pigs are highly prolific, giving birth to an average of 10 piglets per farrow. Typically a pig farrows 2.5 times in a year. So in a year, a pig can give birth to about 25 piglets.

The biggest variable cost component in pig farming is feed cost. It accounts for about 70% of the total cost. Your ability to source your feed in a manner that is most cost effective is your success determinant. Typically, pigs have FCR in the range between 2 and 4 depending on the breed and on the feed formulation. FCR means feed conversion ratio. It is a measure of how much kg of feed an animal will eat to produce 1kg of live weight.

This the is formula I adopt for my pigs (Modified for Amino Acid Balancing)

50% of cassava ( I buy them Fresh, break them into chips, dry and store them)
30% pkc
10% GNC( groundnut meal) or SBM (soyabean meal)
6% blood meal
2.5%. Oyster shell/bone meal/ lime stone
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix
0.03% (3g per 1kg bakers Yeast) ( probiotic)
0.1% H-Plus from Animalcare

The above feed formulation will cost you about N30 per kilo. 1kg of live pig is sold for between N280 and N300. If your pig consumes 3kg of feed to give 1 kg of meat, It means that it will cost you N90 to produce 1kg of live weight. Therefore you make a gross margin of N300 - N90= N210.

The other component of pig farming that is capital intensive is their housing. Pig housing has to be properly planed according to the number of pigs you intend to grow. You need to decide whether you want to do batch (all in all out) or continuos pig production (first in first out).

The biggest pig farm in west Africa is at oke aro , Agege. Another one is at Gberigbe Ikorodu. Accomodation costs at this locations are very high. I will advice you to site your pig pen close to where you can get cheap land and source raw materials at low price. Eg cassava plantations.

Technology application will greatly hep you in your pig farming. Fr example using, pig ni.ppl.es (see picture below) will ensure that you deliver constant and clean water to your pigs , it will also reduce labor requirements. You also need to construct a manure allay within your pig house so that when they poo poo, you can flush it away via the manure allay ( the manure allay is like a gutter).

Thank you very much for this great info. Please, how can I get the above feed formula you gave? I'm just entering into Pig farming. My WhatsApp number is 08069104982. You can drop yours, please. Thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2019
Why Do Pigs Need Digestal

Its all about Acids in the stomach.
Acids are the reason your stomach hurts when you don't eat on time because they help to digest food.

Pigs and Acids:

(1) Weaned Pigs have insufficient production of stomach acids.

(2)and The little acid produced is overwhelmed and neutralised by a range of Alkaline sources like protein, limestone, bonemeal, premix etc present in pig feed.

(3)Hence for the weaned pig, feed is undigested and growth after weaning is slow due to the absence of enough acids to enable digestion.

Realising the above challenges, Pig farms all over the world deploy water acidification for weaned pigs using Digestal to achieve rapid uninterrupted growth.

SMS or WhatsApp 08034209301 for more Swine Nutrition information

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by solonike1: 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
To all Pig farmers

- Are you facing problem selling your mature PIGS ( weight 50 - 100 Kg) in your farm at a good price....?
- Contact us at FARMER SOLUTION – We buy at a good price......Any quantity

call this number - 08022913218 ...............................or whatapps @ 08055056158

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by solonike1: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
To all Pig farmers

- Are you facing problem selling your mature PIGS ( weight 50 - 100 Kg) in your farm at a good price....?
- Contact us at FARMER SOLUTION – We buy at a good price......Any quantity

call this number - 08022913218 ...............................or whatapps @ 08055056158
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by kingdvd(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
How can i find pig Market in Kogi state.
Idah to be precise.
I have my pig fam there and i find it difficult to get buyers.
Please advise
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 11:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
kingdvd:
How can i find pig Market in Kogi state.
Idah to be precise.
Please advise

How many pigs do you have for market??
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by JhyMedex: 11:49am On Aug 27, 2019
femu:
Sanitab is a quality water decontaminant eliminating Bacteria, Virus, Algae and Fungi in your Pig farm drinking water.

Recommended to use during Gestation and till after Weaning. Also safe for human consumption.

Drinking Use:

1 tablet for 1000 - 2500L of water.

To Disinfect the Pen use

1 tablet to 5 litres of water

please Sir how much does a long white piglet cost?..
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by solonike1: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
Jimisho:

- insow
- adult boars

What is the price of the large white piglet .........
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by solonike1: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
[quote author=kingdvd post=81634314]How can i find pig Market in Kogi state.
Idah to be precise.
Please advise [/quot

In that area you will find the market more difficult ..... Kindly find out if you have other farmer doing that same business ....
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by solonike1: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
Dear Pig Farmer ,

Improve in your farming system like drinking water for your pigs ......

Pig Water Nipple..... is available for your pig farm to use …. It safe your watering system for the pig .All pig farmers should make use of this system …..

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by MiddleBrookNGR: 7:00am On Aug 28, 2019
http://middlebrookfarms.com.ng/hqcp.html

Buy Your MBF High Quality Cassava Peel (HQCP) Fine and Course Mash for Animal and Aqua feed.

* Available in Dried Fine and Coarse Mash forms.

* The High Energy content Dried Fine Mash is suitable for monogastrics (Poultry, Fish, Pigs).

* The High Fibre content Dried Coarse Mash is suitable for ruminants (Cattle, Goat, Sheep, and Pigs).

* High nutritive value as an alternative feed source for monogastrics and ruminants.

* Can be used as a high energy Starter Pack or as an ingredient in high quality feed formulation for monogastrics like Poultry, Fish, Pigs.

* Up to 30% replacement of maize for broilers without impairing measurable variables ( and much higher in Layers).

* Up to 75% replacement of maize for pigs.

Email: info@middlebrookfarms.com.ng

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Lessonnn: 7:44am On Aug 28, 2019
Please is pig farming very lucrative?
Can one depend on the income alone.
I intend to venture into it.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by creative00(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
King Humivet: 100% Organic All-Purpose Supplement

What is King Humivet?

KING HUMIVET is an all natural organic supplement containing chelated essential minerals and trace elements to enhance health and improve performance of poultry, livestock and other animals.
Benefits:
==> Improves health
==> Improves performance
==> Improves nutrient absorption from feeds
==> Growth Promoter
==> Boosts immune system
==> Reduces foul odor of manure
==> Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory
==> Organic Meat foods

King Humivet contains 76% Humic Acid and 14% Sodium Humate salt. Why Humic Acid and Sodium Humate?
==> Just like King Humus Plus, King Humivet is generally made from humate.
==> Humates have been found to treat illnesses and improve health to animals and even to humans.

Benefits of Humate:
==> Improves blood by supplying more oxygen, which in result, quickens healing process.
==> Improves mineral transfer in the body, which in result, improves better nutrient uptake of the body.
==> Reduces stress and fatigue.
==> Prevents cellular mutation in animals.
==> Stimulates microbial activity of good bacteria in the digestive system of the body.
==> Boosts Immune System.
==> Contains anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.p
==> Improves liver health and regeneration.
==> Contains detoxifying properties.
==> Reduces odor of wastes.

Benefits to Pigs
==> Prevents scouring (animal diarrhea)
==> Prevents and heals pneumonia
==> Faster growth and solves the problem of slow growth of pigs
==> Improves milk production of female pigs
==> Prevents lameness or weakness
==> Improves breeding (Helps in problems of gestation or pregnancy of female pigs)
==> Reduces stress
==> Improves immune system and fights against diseases or viruses
==> Reduces the foul odor of manure
==> Meat is lower in fat

Benefits to Chickens and Poultry
==>Helps in diseases and health problems like:
–Colds/respiratory problems
–Scouring/watery feces
–Lameness/Leg Weakness
–Soft-shelled eggs
–Slow growth
–Low egg production
–Stress-related diseases
==> Reduces foul odor of manure
==> Immune system booster
==> Faster growth
==> Eggs are bigger and thicker

Benefits to Dogs
==> Helps in diseases and health problems like:
–Skin diseases
–Scouring/watery feces
–Lameness/Leg Weakness
–Halitosis/Bad breath
–Digestive problems
–Worm infestation in the stomach
–Dry hair coat
–Infertility of female dogs
–Stress-related diseases

Benefits to Goats, Cows and other Ruminants
==> Inhibits worm infestation
==> Solves mineral deficiency which causes leg weakness and female infertility
==> Improves milk production
==> Improves appetite for food intake
==> Improves growth

How to Use:
As water intake for animals:
==> Dilute one teaspoon of King Humivet to one gallon of water.
==> Let the animals drink this mixture every day.

As feed supplement:
==> Mix one teaspoon of King Humivet for every 4 kilograms of feeds or food of the animals
==> Or Mix one sachet of King Humivet to 2 bags or 2 sacks of feeds/foods

Call or whatsapp me on 2347087950107

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
Lessonnn:
Please is pig farming very lucrative?
Can one depend on the income alone.
I intend to venture into it.

Is any business lucrative!!
Can u depend on any business' income alone??

Piggery isn't any different. The only questions you should answer are:

Do you love animal rearing... Are u passionate about it??
Are you willing to wait at least 2yrs or more before you start making real profits, while actively pumping funds into it for at least 5 months??

If you answered 'NO' to either or both, kindly look for another kind of business to venture into.... This business isn't for you.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ginovera: 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
lagbaja:
I am into pig farming. Pig farming is one of the most lucrative arms of animal farming. Pigs are highly prolific, giving birth to an average of 10 piglets per farrow. Typically a pig farrows 2.5 times in a year. So in a year, a pig can give birth to about 25 piglets.

The biggest variable cost component in pig farming is feed cost. It accounts for about 70% of the total cost. Your ability to source your feed in a manner that is most cost effective is your success determinant. Typically, pigs have FCR in the range between 2 and 4 depending on the breed and on the feed formulation. FCR means feed conversion ratio. It is a measure of how much kg of feed an animal will eat to produce 1kg of live weight.

This the is formula I adopt for my pigs (Modified for Amino Acid Balancing)

50% of cassava ( I buy them Fresh, break them into chips, dry and store them)
30% pkc
10% GNC( groundnut meal) or SBM (soyabean meal)
6% blood meal
2.5%. Oyster shell/bone meal/ lime stone
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix
0.03% (3g per 1kg bakers Yeast) ( probiotic)
0.1% H-Plus from Animalcare

The above feed formulation will cost you about N30 per kilo. 1kg of live pig is sold for between N280 and N300. If your pig consumes 3kg of feed to give 1 kg of meat, It means that it will cost you N90 to produce 1kg of live weight. Therefore you make a gross margin of N300 - N90= N210.

The other component of pig farming that is capital intensive is their housing. Pig housing has to be properly planed according to the number of pigs you intend to grow. You need to decide whether you want to do batch (all in all out) or continuos pig production (first in first out).

The biggest pig farm in west Africa is at oke aro , Agege. Another one is at Gberigbe Ikorodu. Accomodation costs at this locations are very high. I will advice you to site your pig pen close to where you can get cheap land and source raw materials at low price. Eg cassava plantations.

Technology application will greatly hep you in your pig farming. Fr example using, pig ni.ppl.es (see picture below) will ensure that you deliver constant and clean water to your pigs , it will also reduce labor requirements. You also need to construct a manure allay within your pig house so that when they poo poo, you can flush it away via the manure allay ( the manure allay is like a gutter).

Hello lagbaja good afternoon. Having gone through your prolific lecture on pig farming, i'm convinced that you are best fit to be my mentor in this area i currently desired an investment. Kindly give me a hint on how to follow you up in private. You can as well drop a message for me @ adabhie.kingsley@yahoo.com. Thanks bro!
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Ope1284: 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
Where can I get PURE large white weavers please. Am in ogun state
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Ope1284: 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
Where can I get PURE large white weaners please. Am in ogun state
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lilcee(m): 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hello...Please am an amateur but want to go into pig farming...i need guidelines...How much will it cost me,you much is a piglet?...Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.