Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (482401 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 1:13pm On May 12, 2018
Victorfada:

My brother they sold growers at 30k, which they said are less than 4months, and some 3months. And weaners of 2months for 15k. And l feed these pigs mostly with corn and soya, and 4months most of them didn’t grow. And the ones that did, the pigs in my farm where even better than them.

In that dirty and stinky farm, they have no mean of ldentification either by tag or nochting the different breed they claim they have, once u ask which breed is this one, they will call one thing wey come their mind, and u ask them how do u knw is this one, they will say we knw them. All Na babash.

In fact it was later l had the bad result l began analyzing how l went with them. They are practicing inbreeding, and those things there are not close to pure breeds of pigs. If you doubt me pay a visit there with an experienced farmer, u will see for urself.

So brother unless u want to regret wasting ur money go and buy from them. Thank God l now have pure breeds of animals, though l bought very expensive but is worth it l don’t regret it a bit. They r nt for sell Incase some people here will thing on saying all those things to advertise my own.

Finally, no good pig farm will dirty, from their settings, arrangement and identification system, u will knw they r real.

I am really suprised to read all you have said about the farm. In fact, I don't really know what to say again when you claimed that the breed you had that are not pure breeds were even doing better than the "pure breeds" while feeding them mainly with maize and soya beans.

I don't know the owner of the farm nor where the farm that claims to have about 3,000 pigs is but if what you have written about the farm is true and correct, then it's very very unfortunate.

I thought the man being accused of selling runts in the name of pure breeds would have come up with a rejoinder to address the issues raised but it's almost a week now (4days) and nothing has been heard from him.

However, as I wrote before, it's better for those of us who are not experienced enough to identify what we really want to get an experienced farmer to assist us and those who have been patronising good and honest pig farmers should equally let others know of the good pigs purchased from them including their names and contacts to avoid this types of painful experience (if true). Alternatively, intending buyers can ask of anyone who has had dealings with or can vouch for a pig farmer he intends to patronise with such people recommending or advising against such people through a phone no or WhatsApp privately.

Although I am not in a position to confirm the authenticity or otherwise of @Victorfada''s claims but I am sure that there are very dishonest pig farmers on this thread who are really out to defraud unsuspecting people. So we should really shine our eyes. There are also some who act as agents and increase the actual cost of exotic pigs above the seller's price and gets the difference from the owner after you would have paid. Such people will always insist on taking you to the farmer instead of giving you their contacts for you to negotiate directly. Sometimes they always want to know the day you will visit the farm if they are not going to follow you there. So beware
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 1:25pm On May 12, 2018
@Victorfada.
Let me start from you if you will oblige.
Can you share informations about the contacts of the farm you later bought your pure breeds that you are now happy with?

If you will, I can be reached on tugbiyeley_not@yahoo.com or publicly on this forum. Or let me know how I can reach you via mail or phone.

Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by mrkunmi: 6:46pm On May 12, 2018
elohimoutreach:
pls which is the best for a starter in pig business: buying pregnant sows or weaners?
both are good if it's from a reliable source.but these days most farmers are not being honest. but it's best to go with an experienced farmer before buying any kind of pig. thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 7:00am On May 13, 2018
Finally got to finish this 82 page journey of over 4 years of knowledge and experience
I must commend you all for you contributions
I noticed that this thread has no official WhatsApp group
And lots of newbies are not carried along accordingly
I have thereby moved to open an official WhatsApp group where farmers and buyers/sellers across Nigeria can meet and share ideas and information about prices of feeds and all sorts

Quote me if you are interested in joining

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adedapodvirus001(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2018
chigomiced:
Finally got to finish this 82 page journey of over 4 years of knowledge and experience
I have thereby moved to open an official WhatsApp group where farmers and buyers/sellers across Nigeria can meet and share ideas and information about prices of feeds and all sorts

kindly add me bro 08106819260
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 14, 2018
chigomiced:

09024965005 I want to join
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by bahyor101: 11:05pm On May 14, 2018
Please add me 08032009467
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 6:49am On May 15, 2018
adedapodvirus001:

kindly add me bro 08106819260

Done
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 6:50am On May 15, 2018
Reality1015:
09024965005 I want to join

Done
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 6:50am On May 15, 2018
bahyor101:
Please add me 08032009467

Done
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Rooneyboy(m): 10:49am On May 15, 2018
Kindly add me please, 08036998597
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Krestals: 10:57am On May 15, 2018
What a wonderful thread. God bless the originator and all the contributors. Before committing a dime, get trained by a practising successful reputed farmer. That's what I can tell you from my read throughout the entire 82 pages

Let's face out all incorrect claims by farmers, and sustain the honest guys who are really doing the job. we can only do this by sharing our experiences like victorfada did; good or bad experience ....

Having read about pure breed and hybrid, nobody has been able to clarify how to physically differentiate between them .

If the weaner looks chubby and I price it 15k does that makes it a purely bred animal?

Because the mother farrowed 12-17 piglets, does that makes her a pure breed line?

Please let the pro's elucidate on this. I understand breed is important, there are other important factors to consider like feeding and management. But let's talk about breed as most newbies easily gets ripped off by that avenue.

Dynamix 101 spoke about a breed by the shongai farm for 8k, while tayo52 is of the opinion that breeding weaner should be above 10k. What's the justification for this?

How do I differentiate The Pure from the Local breed and the hybrid.

I am not in a rush, I m willing to go through the process of training and mentoring before venturing into the business.

I will call on any of the pro @ femu, dejia, eazeefix, dynamix 101, excelsior, muyiroro, excelleon, salami Kayode tayo52, Sunday ayadanlawo and others around Lagos and Ogun state to please give me the necessary support........

I hope to hear from you men soon. Thanks for the 82 pages of epistles, it worth the reading.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 12:30pm On May 15, 2018
Rooneyboy:

Done
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 12:31pm On May 15, 2018
Rooneyboy:

Done
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jimisho: 1:36pm On May 15, 2018
Wow, just finished the 82 pages. Please add me to all pig chat group available 08036304552.
This is a wonderful group. Keep it up guys.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jimisho: 1:41pm On May 15, 2018
Pls is there a pig farmer around Abeokuta axis. I need weaners. Prefer ably large white or any other good breed. Some for fattening some for breeding. Pls indicate if u are in Abeokuta. So I can visit your farm. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by segzypark(m): 2:51pm On May 15, 2018
Please add 08131563325....Am about buying 2months piglet,a farmer wants to sell for 6k,another farmer want to sell same 2months for 8k and another farmer 15k..
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Mastamind88: 4:30pm On May 15, 2018
Add me to the group. 08075663963
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by underwater(m): 12:24pm On May 16, 2018
Please sir add me to the group. 07058191862
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 10:43pm On May 16, 2018
Victorfada:

My brother they sold growers at 30k, which they said are less than 4months, and some 3months. And weaners of 2months for 15k. And l feed these pigs mostly with corn and soya, and 4months most of them didn’t grow. And the ones that did, the pigs in my farm where even better than them.

In that dirty and stinky farm, they have no mean of ldentification either by tag or nochting the different breed they claim they have, once u ask which breed is this one, they will call one thing wey come their mind, and u ask them how do u knw is this one, they will say we knw them. All Na babash.

In fact it was later l had the bad result l began analyzing how l went with them. They are practicing inbreeding, and those things there are not close to pure breeds of pigs. If you doubt me pay a visit there with an experienced farmer, u will see for urself.

So brother unless u want to regret wasting ur money go and buy from them. Thank God l now have pure breeds of animals, though l bought very expensive but is worth it l don’t regret it a bit. They r nt for sell Incase some people here will thing on saying all those things to advertise my own.

Finally, no good pig farm will dirty, from their settings, arrangement and identification system, u will knw they r real.

Hi Mr. i have been out of nairaland for a while if not I would have come up here and defend the allegation this senseless man is placing on me. firstly, if you have poor management or poor knowledge is compounding balanced feed doesnt mean you should come to the public to tarnish my image. if truly the animals I adeyinka sold for you didnt grow at all, why not come back to my farm and complain to me in person, why coming here and disgracing yourself. afterall, if truly you buy animals from me, you came to the farm, saw what you want and you paid in cash, then if truly you have problem with the same animals, why not come to the farm and lets identify your problem. i dont know if youre illiterate or your brain is damage. if you buy LG tv and it has fault, will you come to nairaland and tell people not to buy LG and that all LG are fake? i still dont know who this is tho, but as my name appeared in your post to tarnish my image, thats how Holy Ghost fire will destroy your name and business..
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 10:52pm On May 16, 2018
adeyinkapiggs:

Hi Mr. i have been out of nairaland for a while if not I would have come up here and defend the allegation this senseless man is placing on me. firstly, if you have poor management or poor knowledge is compounding balanced feed doesnt mean you should come to the public to tarnish my image. if truly the animals I adeyinka sold for you didnt grow at all, why not come back to my farm and complain to me in person, why coming here and disgracing yourself. afterall, if truly you buy animals from me, you came to the farm, saw what you want and you paid in cash, then if truly you have problem with the same animals, why not come to the farm and lets identify your problem. i dont know if youre illiterate or your brain is damage. if you buy LG tv and it has fault, will you come to nairaland and tell people not to buy LG and that all LG are fake? i still dont know who this is tho, but as my name appeared in your post to tarnish my image, thats how Holy Ghost fire will destroy your name and business..
I have stock many farms and they are all doing good, i consult and treat for many farms and none have complained about my pigs and service. my question to that stupid fellow is " when you know you have pure breed in your farm, why did you come to my farm to buy runt? if you can identify pure breed, why cant you identify runt? are you blind or something? do i use juju to sell runt for you? " as you are hiding somewhere trying to spoil my name, thats how all the deities of this land will destroy you, your business and your generation.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Victorfada: 2:25am On May 17, 2018
adeyinkapiggs:

My brother which image are you talking about? You you and ur farm doesn’t even have a shadow not to talk of image. Which feeding and management were you talking about? That is a failed defense machanizm. Do you even have an identification system to curb inbreeding? So to say ur animals are product of inbreeding l was been polite.

I have no need taking a fake LG to the place l bought it wasting transport and time knowing fully well that if they have the mind to give u fake for original then you r on ur own . I’m consigned about the new farmers, not to take or buy that rubbish. U can go and see for yourself if you think l am blackmailing him. Then come back and share your experience. RUBBISH. Stop posting on this site.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 9:55am On May 17, 2018
Victorfada:

My brother which image are you talking about? You you and ur farm doesn’t even have a shadow not to talk of image. Which feeding and management were you talking about? That is a failed defense machanizm. Do you even have an identification system to curb inbreeding? So to say ur animals are product of inbreeding l was been polite.

I have no need taking a fake LG to the place l bought it wasting transport and time knowing fully well that if they have the mind to give u fake for original then you r on ur own . I’m consigned about the new farmers, not to take or buy that rubbish. U can go and see for yourself if you think l am blackmailing him. Then come back and share your experience. RUBBISH. Stop posting on this site.

well my brother, we dont need to argue much on here, i believe if you have any issue with what i sold for you, i expect you to come back to the farm, complain, and we can address the issue , not coming up here and behave like a kid.. we are business men and am a practicing farmer, i have a lot to do in the farm than wasting my pressure time arguing with you here. I am sorry if i have utter any insultive words or vulgar language. please if you patronize me and you have any issue, feel free to come back to me and we can solve it together not coming to the public to embarrass ourselves, the public were not there when we reached a purchase agreement.. have a wonderful thursday morning. and i wish you success in your business.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jimisho: 10:30am On May 17, 2018
Please let us all be mature when handling issues. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by omode2(m): 3:31pm On May 17, 2018
adeyinkapiggs:

well my brother, we dont need to argue much on here, i believe if you have any issue with what i sold for you, i expect you to come back to the farm, complain, and we can address the issue , not coming up here and behave like a kid.. we are business men and am a practicing farmer, i have a lot to do in the farm than wasting my pressure time arguing with you here. I am sorry if i have utter any insultive words or vulgar language. please if you patronize me and you have any issue, feel free to come back to me and we can solve it together not coming to the public to embarrass ourselves, the public were not there when we reached a purchase agreement.. have a wonderful thursday morning. and i wished you success in your business.
Thank God you later realised your comment was off the track. customer satisfaction is key to any business. little foxes destroyes the vine. a little dent can cause business setback. A good name is far important than a bag of gold.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 3:51pm On May 17, 2018
omode2:
Thank God you later realised your comment was off the track. customer satisfaction is key to any business. little foxes destroyes the vine. a little dent can cause business setback. A good name is far important than a bag of gold.

Well said brother.
My additive is just to say that sellers should be very diplomatic in the way they respond to their customers expecially on a forum like this as the way a situation like this is handled especially by the seller can make or Mar the seller's reputation generally.

It's true that we were not there when their deal was struck but since it's now in the open, those who have heard including those who will read about the fued later will be interested in the way it is handled by the seller as the buyer has nothing to lose again.

There was a "quarrel" sometimes ago on this platform between a lady and Dejia about two yrs ago and Dejia handled the situation so perfectly well and at the end of the day, the lady came back to this forum to apologise to Dejia for accusing him wtongly and was also full of praise for him because it was just a misunderstanding that was later resolved and up till today, Dejia is one of the most respected pig farmer/ seller on this forum-that's how to handle a conflict.

3 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by olaide2k6: 10:34am On May 19, 2018
Pls add me on whatsapp 07038764240. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by olaide2k6: 11:02am On May 19, 2018
Dear buyer

I have Palm kernel cake (PKC) for animal feed for sale in large quantity. Over 1000 tons available.

Contact below for detail (serious buyer only)

Call/whatsapp - +2347038764240

Email: wealthcomventures@gmail.com

Oyerinde Olaide

For:

Wealthcom ventures
Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by samuel25(m): 5:20pm On May 19, 2018
The last response of @adeyinkapiggs would have be the initial comment. With the first 2 responses and the curses therein, I simply concluded within me who @adeyinkapiggs and his business represent. We should be careful of what we wrote on public forum as this as it can make or mar our being.

3 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 5:35pm On May 19, 2018
samuel25:
The last response of @adeyinkapiggs would have be the initial comment. With the first 2 responses and the curses therein, I simply concluded within me who @adeyinkapiggs and his business represent. We should be careful of what we wrote on public forum as this as it can make or mar our being.
Noted Sir, Thanks. And Big thanks to everyone that interfere. God Bless everyone in this forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.