Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso (2013 Views)

Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC / Kwankwaso’s Aide, Others Defect To PDP / Jonathan Must Come To NASS, Reps Insist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Naijacitizen(m): 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
Kano state Governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has advocated the necessity for Muslims and Christians to come together and pray for the end of the insurgency bedeviling the nation.

He made the advocacy during a one day Muslim/ Christian Prayers for peace in the country hosted by the state government and facilitated by the state Hisbah Board and the Gen. Yakubu Gowon Nigeria Prays Forum, held at Africa House, Kano Government House, today, Saturday.

According to him the terrorists attacks do not against discriminate a Christian or Muslims, adding that at the initially insurgents concentrated in the North east, but as time goes on they expanded their attacks to the North-west and North-central, now their activities is now traced in South west, particularly Lagos state.

He assured that “Kano state government will continue to work hard with our religious leaders both Muslims and Christians, because we belief as a government that anybody residing in the state whether a Muslims or Christians or even a pagan, men or women, young or old is suppose to be protected by the government.”

“Without a security no body can dream of going to the church or mosque, no body can go to the market and our country cannot develop that is why as leaders we have to join hands and work together to ensure that the insecurity we are facing us today in this country is brought to an end," the governor stated.

He then appealed to Gen. Yakubo Gawon "as a father and a former Head of State you should please to talk to everybody that you have opportunity to meet to be very serious on what is happening today, no body is happy."

“I appeal to you sir, to keep on praying and to a talking to the relevant authorities to understand what is happing because there is even misunderstandin g of the situation itself,” the governor lamented.

In his address Chairman of Nigeria Prays Forum and former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gawon appreciated the foresight of Gov.Kwankwaso in hosting this great event which would surely bring unity and oneness among Nigerian.

He urged other 18 Northern states to emulate the vision of the Kano state governor by sponsoring a similar programme in their states, hoping that the coming together of Muslims and Christians in prayers would surely solve a lot of the problems bedeviling the nation.

He then thanked the all the clergies for making the event meaningful and great benefit for better understanding among Nigerians.

Among the clergies that spoke and prayed on the occasion were Sheik Dahiru Bauchi, Sheik Aminu Daurawa, Sheik Karibullah Nasiru Kabara, Arch. Paul Akindeko, Rev. Kalla Abare, Sheik Yusuf Sambo Rugachukun, Bishop Ransom Bello and Bishop Buba Lamido among many others.

Halilu Ibrahim Dantiye,
fnge, mni Director of Press and Public Relations to the Executive Governor of Kano state 28/6/2014
Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by idumuose(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Look at the foolish man who imposed sharia law and Hisbah police in kano asking christians amd moslems to come together.Smh

11 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Abagworo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
Kwankwaso is a good leader from all indication. Nothing gladdens my heart than someone who believes in peaceful coexistence of all and above all tolerate opposing religious views.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Energito: 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
These people are just making me to laugh but the truth is that Nigeria will never know peace untill Nigeria govt and Gowon apologize to mass killing of my people(Asaba) and ndigbo as a whole during Nigeria/Biafra war,if not Not mark my word Nigeria will know no peace even if them like let them pray day and night Nigeria will never see peace.you can insult me but tell your leader to apologize if not what is happening now is just the begining.
Longlive Anioma.
longlive Igbo land.
longlive Ika land.

7 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by WHees(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
Energito: These people are just making me to laugh but the truth is that Nigeria will never know peace untill Nigeria govt and Gowon apologize to mass killing of my people(Asaba) and ndigbo as a whole during Nigeria/Biafra war,if not Not mark my word Nigeria will know no peace even if them like let them pray day and night Nigeria will never see peace.you can insult me but tell your leader to apologize if not what is happening now is just the begining.
Longlive Anioma.
longlive Igbo land.
longlive Ika land.

A wide-nosed dwarfish primitive loony once threathened the unity of this country, that led to the starvation of million brainless vermins of his kind, pray for it, sinister huh! It will be deliciously squared, the pogrom will consume every living lunatic and none of your selfish generals will ever imagine escaping in a woman's wrapper this time.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by mainheart(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
Everybody is now showing concerns over boko haram. then my question is which people are behind this BH

1 Like

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by VICTORCIZA(m): 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
kwankaso bokoharam is your pet project. you and your fellow northern governors in that your evil coven apc. you guys gave birth to bokoharam, nurtured and trained it to this level and only You guys know how to stop them
hypocrite

7 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by tit(f): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
Kwankwaso and his cohorts should stop the insurgency.
Do not call me into a matter you did not ask me before you started.

Kwankwaso! Insurgency is your baby, deal with it!

5 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Naijacitizen(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
idumuose: Look at the foolish man who imposed sharia law and Hisbah police in kano asking christians amd moslems to come together.Smh

Sir, Shari'ah is all about the life and activities of Muslim. So, i did not see any reason for you to frustrate about it since it doesn't affect other non-Muslim. Moreover, if it was apply according to Islam institution, it can protect all of you (non-Muslim).

Pls spare us with all this your yabbing.

I am fasting.
Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Mogidi: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
You created a monster you can't control, deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by EmeeNaka: 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
malele: this abagworo, ur comments are always silly, u must be a silly person in real life. Kwankwaso asking Christians to help curb what his brodas started looks like a punk to me.
that man is being political. You should never expect anything useful from his comment.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Naijacitizen(m): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
tit: Kwankwaso and his cohorts should stop the insurgency.
Do not call me into a matter you did not ask me before you started.

Kwankwaso! Insurgency is your baby, deal with it!

Pls lets be honest, is there only Muslim involved in this barbaric activities? This satanic sect so called Boko Haram have nothing to do with religion. They are all our enemy.
Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Naijacitizen(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi: You created a monster you can't control, deal with it.

The Hausa wiseman said that; if the beard of your neigbour catch fire, soak yours in water.

1 Like

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Kassidy4luv(m): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
I hate dis kwankwaso of a governor?

Next Nyako,

He is so full pride, insults and ego.

Respect is Reciprocal

2 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Mogidi: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Naijacitizen:

Sir, Shari'ah is all about the life and activities of Muslim. So, i did not see any reason for you to frustrate about it since it doesn't affect other non-Muslim. Moreover, if it was apply according to Islam institution, it can protect all of you (non-Muslim).

Pls spare us with all this your yabbing.

I am fasting.

Sharaap dia!!

How can it protect non Muslims when in some Moslem countries they refuse to introduce sharia? Sharia is over 2000yrs old. Sharia laws like cutting off a man's hand for stealing and marrying children will never catch on where I come from.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Naijacitizen(m): 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
When your neigbour's room catch fire and he screamed help! Help!! Help!!! And you refused to assist him. Do you think when it finished his room, will spared yours?
Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by prophetone(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
Naijacitizen: When your neigbour's room catch fire and he screamed help! Help!! Help!!! And you refused to assist him. Do you think when it finished his room, will spared yours?

My friend just ignore these bigots because their shallowness can incite you to say something that may prematurely break your fast. Ramadan Kareem and invite me for shan ruwa smiley

1 Like

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by ojimbo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2014
ok, but kwashiokor #bringbackouralchool

2 Likes

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Naijacitizen(m): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Sharaap dia!!

How can it protect non Muslims when in some Moslem countries they refuse to introduce sharia? Sharia is over 2000yrs old. Sharia laws like cutting off a man's hand for stealing and marrying children will never catch on where I come from.

Mr. Man, what you don't know is that there are hypocrites Muslim in muslim community who don't care about their religion. Like i said earlies that if the shari'ah was according to the Islamic it can protect you and me. In your comment, you have mentioned the cutting of hand of a thief. Well, let me take an example in this way, if to say the shari'ah law is applying in this country of ours (Nigeria) where corruption and stealing is the order of the day. Do you think the rate of unemployment, kidnapping, armed robbery, Boko Haramist and other relate crime can be as how we are witnessing it today?
Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Gamji007: 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
So many silly comments here which make me to conclude that evil isn’t the real threat to this country,but stuidity. Stupidity is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid people. That might actually make a difference.

This initiative by Kwankwaso should be applauded and replicated by other governors and political leaders.

Ramadan Kareem! cool

1 Like

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Naijacitizen(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
prophet_one:

My friend just ignore these bigots because their shallowness can incite you to say something that may prematurely break your fast. Ramadan Kareem and invite me for shan ruwa smiley

Thank you.
I hope you are not far away from Katsina state.
Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Naijacitizen(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
berem: So many senseless comments coming from Igbos on this thread. Lord have mercy!

embarassed

@naijacitizen, Ramadan Kareem!

Thank you dear. Wallahi abin nan nasu sai hakuri.
Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by prophetone(m): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
Naijacitizen:

Thank you.
I hope you are not far away from Katsina state.

Lol I am. A sha ruwa lafiya.

1 Like

Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by Naijacitizen(m): 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
It is time for Tafseer.

See y'all after iftar.
Re: Muslim, Christians Must Come Together To End Insurgency - Kwankwaso by kokoA(m): 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
Very very stupid replies from some local champions who have never stepped out of their region before.. BH kills anybody/anything in sight irrespective of religion or tribe.. Is not stupidity of the highest order to be blaming Kwankwanso and Muslim when poor people are being killed daily? The man said the simple truth, everybody must come together to fight this monster..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash / Ajimobi's Campaign Rice Floods Oyo State...(picture) / Why I Want Buhari To Rule Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.