Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation (28098 Views)

Sequel On Thread For Property Owners And Paint Types / Re: Pictorial Representation Of A Kitchen Cabinet And Doors / A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gbadexy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2014
Farm1:
I am not sure it's ground water... My location is by Arepo along Lagos/Ibadan expressway... I suspect rain water.

Whatever it is, I am just particular about a solution. Isn't the surface of the concrete supposed to be prepared before the paint application? Do you only sell paint or do you also do the job?

I am ready for the job by this weekend oooo.

You dont need a silicate sealer since its not ground water affecting it.
You can use acrylic ffloor paint or epoxy. you would need 6 drums of acrylic floor paint at N18,000 per drum or 10 gallons of epoxy at N13,000 per gallon and 2.5 gallons of hardner at N16,000 per gallon. The combined gallon has
a spread rate of 40 sqm per gallon.
I understand the application for epoxy is charged per square meters but you can ask hajj mufutau to ask his painter. We did discuss and the man seems to know about epoxy paint application and he may not chargr per square metrrs.
Any experienced painter can apply the acrylic floor paint though.
I listed their pros and con earlier so the choice depends on you preference.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by barakah(m): 6:39am On Nov 30, 2014
mufutau55:
OK people, this is the "Grand Finale" of the painting process.
I really love the outcome of the color combinations of the Paints and the Painter.
For those who are interested in the floor paint, you can see it below in or in the other post below.
The floor paint is not just an ordinary emulsion or gloss paint.. it's a special concrete floor paint,
I am sure Gbadexy will chime-in and remind us of the name and the duration..
This is a non-glossy and non-slippery paint, so you don't need to worry of falling when it rains and
it protects the floor concrete; same as we use here (USA) for concrete floors and terraces.
Gbadexy knows his stuff about paints.. Thank you.
Hajji Mufutau

@ Hajji: Please i see a water tank that isn't elevated on a platform.
Don't mind my asking if theres a new technology involved there.
I believe gravitational force is required to provide supply to the house from the tank.
what's the secret Sir?
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by mufutau55(m): 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
barakah:

@ Hajji: Please i see a water tank that isn't elevated on a platform.
Don't mind my asking if theres a new technology involved there.
I believe gravitational force is required to provide supply to the house from the tank.
what's the secret Sir?

No. There is a 2 platforms of 25ft Water Tank Stand beside the house to be used for the building, if you look closely beside the building you will see it. We are still putting the finishing touch on it, so we can mount two Water Tanks on it... It's not good to have the water tanks on the floor like that to be used for building because you will not get enough water pressure. Thank you.

Note: See picture below.

Hajji M.

Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gtrust: 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
mufutau55:

No. There is a 2 platforms of 25ft Water Tank Stand beside the house to be used for the building, if you look closely beside the building you will see it. We are still putting the finishing touch on it, so we can mount two Water Tanks on it... It's not good to have the water tanks on the floor like that to be used for building because you will not get enough water pressure. Thank you.

Note: See picture below.

Hajji M.

You can connect a pump to it and viola!
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by mufutau55(m): 4:40am On Dec 06, 2014
gtrust:

You can connect a pump to it and viola!

Gtrust, please explain.. You mean attach pump to the water tank? And operate the pump each time you want to use water in the house?
Please I don't understand. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gtrust: 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
mufutau55:

Gtrust, please explain.. You mean attach pump to the water tank? And operate the pump each time you want to use water in the house?
Please I don't understand. Thanks.

Hajji M.

The plumber "pressurizes" that tank, connects a pump to it and to the house. Tank connects directly to bore-hole.

You can also buy 300 litres water heater 240 volts and do same for your hot water piping.

My plumber worked these out ab initio (right from before the foundation)!

Any plumber in the house

N/B: I'm not sure what you mean by "operate the pump"...the pump is connected to electricity and automatic whenever you open any of your taps!!!
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by rotecch77(m): 7:11am On Dec 07, 2014
@gtrust,hajj..;it is possible to get water supply to the house. Without erect a stand for tank and also get high pressure of water.
(1)If you source your water direct from govt water all you need is to connect what we called presure pump to the main source then this pump will supply the whole house without using any safety tank,once you open tap the water will come out will full pressure (depend on pressure bar you set for the pump normal domestic water bar is 0-25bar) the problem of this is once there is no light you can't have water
(2) If you have your own personal water source supply (bore hole,well) then you have safety tank just connect the pump to the tank then to the building you will start enjoying high presure of water every where in the building but problem there is that is not every pipe can withstand the pressure of this system of pump In most cases leakage here and there,light issue,the pump presure tank also need to be service or replace when needed (depends on usage

1 Like

Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gbadexy(m): 5:14am On Dec 31, 2014
Post on the floor paint and designs was posted on the blank spaces above before but l feel its better to create a separate thread for that so l requested that it should be moved so it wont be double posted.
regards.

New thread for Floor paints: https://www.nairaland.com/2069175/unique-floor-design-patterns-durable

Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by NL1960: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2015
Pics of my completed project in the village. spend xmas and new year there.

All paints were supplied by Gbadexy.

Appreciation to the builders in Nairaland for displaying their works and sharing their knowledge for us to learn from and to the non builder( grin), Hajji Mufutau.

Pic 1 - VIP sitting room (Discarded the Dinning room concept and converted it to a VIP section)

Pic 2 - Main Sitting room

Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by NL1960: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2015
More ...............

Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gbadexy(m): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
very beautiful house. i'm glad it came out beautiful.
It was an honour supplying your project paint.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by mufutau55(m): 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
NL1960:
Pics of my completed project in the village. spend xmas and new year there.

All paints were supplied by Gbadexy.

Appreciation to the builders in Nairaland for displaying their works and sharing their knowledge for us to learn from and to the non builder( grin), Hajji Mufutau.

Pic 1 - VIP sitting room (Discarded the Dinning room concept and converted it to a VIP section)

Pic 2 - Main Sitting room

My brother...I am glad all things have come out nicely put together.. To God be the praise and glory. I am very happy to see the start and the completion.
You will live in this house with peace and good health with all your families in God's grace. I love accomplishments..

Pic-1 So did you then create a space for Dinning area in another area? But I like the VIP section though.. reserve a seat for me.

You have surely made use of the good Paints from Gbadexy, I am glad about that..
Have you seen Gbadexy thread about the acrylic floor paint? You should, because you will ready for the flooring soon.

You will soon get a mail from me about those nice furniture... Thank you.

New thread for Floor paints: https://www.nairaland.com/2069175/unique-floor-design-patterns-durable

Hajji M.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gbadexy(m): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
A big amen to hajji's prayers.[url]A big amen to hajji's prayers.[/url]A big amen to hajji's prayers.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by NL1960: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
mufutau55:

My brother...I am glad all things have come out nicely put together.. To God be the praise and glory. I am very happy to see the start and the completion.
You will live in this house with peace and good health with all your families in God's grace. I love accomplishments..

Pic-1 So did you then create a space for Dinning area in another area? But I like the VIP section though.. reserve a seat for me.

You have surely made use of the good Paints from Gbadexy, I am glad about that..
Have you seen Gbadexy thread about the acrylic floor paint? You should, because you will ready for the flooring soon.

You will soon get a mail from me about those nice furniture... Thank you.

Hajji M.

Thanks Hajji and i say a big amen to your prayer. I have seen Gbadexy's link on floor paints. This project is in the village and as such, do not know how they will be able to maintain it. Village people are very rough.

I did not create a separate dining area. From studies and from what i have been seeing when i visit people, i have come to realise that people do not really use the dining section for eating. They just put a dining table there for decoration. That was why i discarded it. Moreover, there is still the family living room upstairs that i can easily carve a dining area from as it is fairly big. While i was at home, myself and the family were spending most of our time in the family living room upstairs(eating, gisting and relaxing). Downstairs was just for receiving visitors.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by mufutau55(m): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
NL1960:

Thanks Hajji and i say a big amen to your prayer. I have seen Gbadexy's link on floor paints. This project is in the village and as such, do not know how they will be able to maintain it. Village people are very rough.

I did not create a separate dining area. From studies and from what i have been seeing when i visit people, i have come to realise that people do not really use the dining section for eating. They just put a dining table there for decoration. That was why i discarded it. Moreover, there is still the family living room upstairs that i can easily carve a dining area from as it is fairly big. While i was at home, myself and the family were spending most of our time in the family living room upstairs (eating, gisting and relaxing). Downstairs was just for receiving visitors.

That is quite understood... why having an un-used space. The VIP lounge is very nice... Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by engrgordon(m): 9:31am On Mar 23, 2015
YOUR HOME,YOUR GREATEST ASSET.
After all stress and labour, you are suppose to have a condussive environment to live, if you are about to build your place of abode,you are advice to employ the service of proffessionals, Engineers,Architectures, etc instead of going for a cheap artisans, the artisans can be good in laying blocks, but the trained proffessionals,can determine the strenght of a structure in the next 50yrs and they design it accordingly, in Civil Engineering Ethics, it is unprofessional for a structure to fail while its designer is still living, and that is what proffessionals avoid. for the construction and design of your building structure,Road,Drainage,Property management and documentation, contact: DOUBLE INTEGRATION MULTI-PROJECTS SERVICES(DIMS).we have proffessionals to handle your project,we work any where in Nigeria with affordable cost. call: 08157041104. plot 144 trans amadi road ph. we have lands for sale at new greater port harcourt city development @ 800k/plot,rush now.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gbadexy(m): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2015
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gbadexy(m): 7:18am On Apr 11, 2015
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by davinchi(m): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2015
mufutau55:
Bedrooms, Hallways, partial kitchen and partial toilet color... also just one coat as of yet..
@ Hajj Mufutau55 , Nice job and great colour combinations.Pls I want to know the name of the shiny half of the paint u used in d bedroom.I mean the lower half.Many thanks
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by mufutau55(m): 1:12am On Apr 12, 2015
davinchi:

@ Hajj Mufutau55 , Nice job and great colour combinations.Pls I want to know the name of the shiny half of the paint u used in d bedroom.I mean the lower half.Many thanks

If you are talking about the first photo in the series, that is not a paint but Tiles, in the lower portion of the Kitchen... the top part is paint.
That is why I said partial painting of the Kitchen.

Hajji M.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by haftob(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
gbadexy I need ur contact details asap,want to refer u to someone.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gbadexy(m): 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
haftob:
gbadexy I need ur contact details asap,want to refer u to someone.
regards.
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by gbadexy(m): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2015
I create a separate thread for each painted house but i thought i should post the links on the parent thread also for easy access and documentation.

www.nairaland.com/2445802/painting-picture-nairalanders-house

www.nairaland.com/2445708/painting-lekki-building

www.nairaland.com/2445582/painting-osogbo-mansion
Re: Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation by olorifola: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
Please i want to ask if one can use the floor paint for internal floors like say bedroom. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Everyday Cash Flow Sitting Pretty @ Chevron Lekki +2349030188831 / VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara / Azuri Peninsula In Eko Atlantic Begins Construction!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.