Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Regarding Linkstar Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Regarding Linkstar Modem (820 Views)

Internet Connection Needed, With The Use Of Linkstar Modem / Linkstar Modem, Buc, Lnb And 1.8m Dish For Sale / Used 2.4m,1.8m And 1.2m Dish + Linkstar+ipsat+datum+rg Modems Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Regarding Linkstar Modem by leobeno(m): 12:17am On Oct 05, 2008
For those who have experience(s) with Modems and ISPs offering Internet VIA SAT; My Linkstar Modem developed a problem, so I swapped my Modem, hence, I had to call the ISP to give them the new MAC Address. This process took about 24 Hours to complete and thus increased the recorded downtime (not too professional as downtime is my watchword).

I am wondering if there is a way I can clone (spoof) the MAC address of my Linkstar modem and save myself the stress and time wasted while communicating with my ISP regarding same.

For educational purpose, I think something like this should exist, just as I would clone (spoof) the MAC of my NIC Cards or my Routers. Fellas, I think cloning Modem MAC address in this case, should reduce cost of calling international and most importantly, reduce downtime. I need opinions as "no knowledge is wasted".

Thank you.

O. Leoben

(1) (Reply)

"computers Will Soon Replace Teachers In The Classroom. Discuss" / Help / I Need A Comfirm Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.