Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs (2166 Views)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President / Humility? Orji Uzor Kalu Caught On Camera Arranging Plastic Chairs In A Gatherin / Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by dazangel11(f): 7:53am On Jun 30, 2014
Why plastic? Those stuffs don't last
Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by bokoslayer: 8:52am On Jun 30, 2014
engrfcuksmtin: Says who?

Says the people he has been deceiving for almost 4 years.
Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 30, 2014
UnknownT: U quoted me?

What about that?
Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 30, 2014
Ikengawo: I've always felt that Rauf is a horrible governor. His ideas and policies are numerous but they're too often gimmicks and charades for display.
I know of several of his policies and I can't name one that isn't a gimmick to make him look like a benevolent governor as opposed to real governance and structured development.
All of the "O" programs are jokes. Many simply amount to giving people free things so that they will like the governor; a form of state sponsored bribing for votes and nothing more. Then there was 'ipon imo', which was not only a fraud but a joke as well. From sources on this board and elsewhere this promised tablet wasn't distributed to even half of the children in Osun, and such a policy only saw the light of day because the tablets were bought from the governors son's company.
I don't want to say he was the governor that built the 'world's tallest drum' but i wouldn't put it past him to do this. Call it me being partisan if you wish but the guy is really a failed governor. The difference is he has invested a lot of state funds into looking like he's not a failure.
I could of course be wrong and would like someone from Osun to correct me if so

As Indigene and at thesame time resident of Osun state, I stand to correct you for I don't know if you have any knowledge of what's going on the state of Osun.

If you're anti-APC, don't let it guide your feelings, if it do, don't let it guide brain, if it do, don't let it guide your action. Action they say, speaks louder than voice. You've solely exercise an action I could simply term as Political Hocus-Pocus.

As an Indigene and resident of Osun state, I stand to correct you that Ogbeni Aregbesola has achieved and done a lot in Education Sector compare to other states. I'll list some of them for you and you can as well ask any other Osun indigene to confirm and I won't as well hesitate to prove all this to you any time it is demanded.

1. Free Education for Primary and Secondary School students. This was the 1st thing Ogbeni Aregbesola did immediately he resumed office. I'm glad to tell you that Osun state students no longer pay a kobo in their respective schools, not even P.T.A fee again. I have people who are beneficiaries.

Introduction of Opon imon(Pc-tablet): When Fayemi introduced and executed this same project in Ekiti state, people appreciated it and there was no allegation against it then not until Ogbeni Aregbesola also came with this same innovation and that's when some dark and narrow minded people see it as a scam. This Opon Imo was circulated through all secondary schools in Osun state. My sister is a beneficiary.

Distribution of meal, School Uniforms and stationeries: even with free education, Ogbeni did not stop there but still went ahead to give free daily meals to Osun state students. Ogbeni distributed free Uniforms and stationeries to all students in Osun state and requested any student that spoil or damage his own to pay a token to get another.

Reduction in State University students school fees: when Ogbeni Aregbesola took the mantle, Uniosun students were paying a huge amount of money as their school fees but Ogbeni aregbesola in his benevolence reduce the school fees to a bearable price. Uniosun students now pay lesser school fees compare to some state institution.

I'm glad to tell you that even with all this, Ogbeni Aregbesola still achieved tremendously in other sector apart from Education sector of which I can list for u if needed. I don't know your state and I don't care to know but you can prove me wrong that Ogbeni Aregbesola has not achieved more than your state governo by telling me what you're enjoying in your state, that is not so in our state of Osun.

Even if you are anti-APC or you want to negate, never fail to appreciate good governance. Don't let hatred blind your views towards some indelible achievements.

2 Likes

Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by mogentle(m): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2014
@Neyoor, you are a great man.
In fact, Nairaland is really going to the dogs with people venting unfounded anger against an achieving governor just because of a POST WITHOUT A SOURCE OR PROOF.
These days, anybody can just create a poo topic with no source and the brainless ones will start commenting without asking for his source of information. So bad for intellectuals.

1 Like

Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by doncaster(m): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2014
Is this the governor that always start his projects with "O". So what will this plastic chairs be called. "O Plastic Chairs" OPC for short.
Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by UnknownT: 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
Evergreen123:

What about that?
nothing! Just wanna know if it was network dat made u quote without typing anything
Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
UnknownT: nothing! Just wanna know if it was network dat made u quote without typing anything

I endorsed ur post
Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by engrfcuksmtin(m): 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
bokoslayer:

Says the people he has been deceiving for almost 4 years.
ok
Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
@ Neeyo, most students in osogbo can't speak English and are not academically sound, emphasis should be placed on quality education rather than free education.
2) That governor is corrupt, didn't I notice he uses large sums of money for petty tnz ranging from the O meal to opon imo.
The latter didn't reach all students and they have been collected from them, to think billions was spent in procuring those cheap tnz is surprising .
Re: Ogbeni Takes Education To New Heights In Osun, Replaces Wooden Chair With Chairs by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

'de Law' Arrested At Apc Rally / Cowardice: Israel, The Killer Whale, Is At It Again / Did Buhari Enlist Into The Nigerian Army With Forged Credentials?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.