Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! (52686 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by texaco1: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2014
saxywale:
Yeah..things like Boko haram, doctors going on strike, high infant mortality rate, inadequate power supply, lawlessness e.tc. oga park well joor. Na everybody go fit afford money to buy good things of life in Nigeria like Adenuga Things are are free in America and other developed countries.
who told you things are free here in america ?
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by yuppydon(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
texaco1: who told you things are free here in america ?

I laugh in Japanese. Things are not free here the only thing is that people earn enough to buy anything they want.
if you earn $7.25 minimum wage in most states in US and work 40 hours a week and 4 weeks a month. that comes to $1160/ monthly
convert to Naira that is almost 200k naira. that is the least people earn here in US. If bricklayers and Carpenters in Nigeria earn up to 200k Monthly we wont call such jobs minial jobs afterall

4 Likes

Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
Maxwell86: Wherever you Go.........

HOME is the best place

Yes, Home is always the best place.
But, the question is What IS HOME ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 03, 2014
texaco1: who told you things are free here in america ?
What I meant is that, for you to have the standard of living of an average westerner. You must be wealthy in Nigeria.
For example, Even with the opulence you would find in areas like Victoria Island or Ikoyi, you still can't compare the municipal infrastructures, standard of living, welfare systems e.t.c to some of the worst neighborhood or areas in a developed country.

1 Like

Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by ojoxman(m): 3:25am On Jul 03, 2014
adigunomomama:

Hmmm....sorry wen did u had dis interview?

lAST YEAR AUGUST
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 03, 2014
Godson201333: Wow,you only saw the one happening in America embassy so many more examples from other embassies too.

A student was asked during her us visa interview...

Vo:so you want to go to America to further your studies.

Student: yes

Vo: how did you found the school?

Student:I can't remember

Vo:what do you know about the city you going to study eg Maryland

Student:the population there is very low and their major occupation Is farming.

Vo: and how is the weather like there.

Student:oh my friend told me it's always sunny out there..

Vo:okay you need to go back to secondary school and then re apply for your visa.

Good day.
You too...how did you find....?
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2014
Atmmachine: they aren't genuine.. Those immigration officers knows when you are lying or telling the truth
if you are really genuine but you failed their questions, they will surely give you a visa..

I played with them before migrating to the USA. the gave me visas on three occassions but i didn't made use of it, i let them expire
Story...
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by kentochi(m): 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
This thread by my big boss lagtech is very interesting.
Well thanks for the lecture.

1 Like

Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Yeecar(m): 4:19am On Jul 04, 2014
kokoye:

Most likely..yes...that's why. The usually dont grant that kind of visa when you have a permanent type pending.

But also, what reason were you given?
I was given a blue letter, which indicates that I do not have strong ties to Nigeria. Despite the fact I am a federal Government civil servant, and I am Married with a kid.
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by jandbaby: 12:22am On Jul 05, 2014
Yeecar: Is it possible to get a Non immigrant visa while you have a pending Immigrant visa filed by a relative. I have been denied trice, could that be the reazon for my denial?

^^This^^. By having a pending immigrant visa, you have shown intent to emigrate so they are not likely to issue you a non immigrant visa. You may just have to wait it out.
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Yeecar: Is it possible to get a Non immigrant visa while you have a pending Immigrant visa filed by a relative. I have been denied trice, could that be the reazon for my denial?

Yes, it is possible
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
TheCongo:
Yes, it is possible

Hello sir, did you get my mail?
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Kanwulia: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
Yeecar: I was given a blue letter, which indicates that I do not have strong ties to Nigeria. Despite the fact I am a federal Government civil servant, and I am Married with a kid.

Please, don't email me.
I don't do NAIRALAND OFF NAIRALAND!
Thanks! kiss
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Yeecar(m): 9:06am On Jul 09, 2014
Kanwulia:

Please, don't email me.
I don't do NAIRALAND OFF NAIRALAND!
Thanks! kiss
The email is NOT meant for you. Its meant for a client in SA with almost the same Monica. Please kindly Ignore, Thanks!
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by completey(f): 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
is it possible to get a visa while heavily pregnant?
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by ifegy: 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
completey: is it possible to get a visa while heavily pregnant?

Ask here:
https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Olaholu(m): 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
Dreal1247:
The truth remains that Nigerians most of the times fail to realise the fact that one of the easiest place to succeed in life is Nigeria. Some people are doing the menial job that they cant do in Nigeria abroad. Yet they cant even make ends meet.

Really? The best place to make it is Nigeria. Is that true? Continue deceiving urself
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Devvagreen(f): 5:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
I married a citizen so mine was very different from student visa and what not.

Being an intelligent young man, even about a year before my interview, I read all the immigration threads on nairaland and other websites. I also educated myself on how to answer the possible questions likely to be asked.

Because my marriage was not a sham, I simply went there and told them the truth. I had 2 bags full of evidence: wedding pix, outings pix, our honeymoon moon hotel receipts, phone logs, whatsapp chats, facebook chat, family pix, etc.

I went there loaded with the truth and evidence of my marriage. I remember my mum telling me that I should tell them that my pastor was pastor adeboye. Many ppl in RCCG had testified that calling Pastor Adeboye usually made them get their visa. I didn't argue but I planned never to do that. Pastor adeboye is not my God and I don't even like the man cheesy

Anyway, I dressed well and answered all the questions as they were asked and received my visa in about 5 mins.

Preparation is the key.

Thank you for sharing.
Blessings!
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Devvagreen(f): 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
lagtech:

Bros-
1)As of April 2nd 2014-all the interviews were done in 1 big hall. The non immigrant were behind and to left. The immigrant were infront and 1 cubicle to my left. I could even hear people at the far end of the hall. And it was the same thing in March 2007 as well-the one time I was there previously.
2)You only use the phone system to talk to the interviewer if you are asked to.
3) When it was my time I was not asked to pick up the phone. Pick up the phone when you are not asked to....bro that could be trouble for you.
4) I have no idea what the Bio-metrics issue has to do with it.
5) Several people on this thread have also commented about what they heard other people say in the interview Hall-so MAYBE -you likely went to 1 US Embassy and WE went to another.
6) Crap belongs to the Bathroom/Toilet sir.
7) Bullshit is for male cattle.
I like your civility.
Blessings
Re: Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! by Devvagreen(f): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
ojoxman:
Visa interviews are simple. Just make sure you intend going for the right reasons. I applied to a us school and went for the visa interview not having my sevis fee confirmed yet. we all know without the sevis fee no interview. On the day of my interview I had the intention of going in and reschedule interview date because I could no longer do it online. To my surprise, after explaining myself at the abuja embassy entrance, i was told to go in. Inside, the visa officers registered me in and said I should wait till its my turn. Really I was not prepared for the interview. It was my turn:
Conversation:
ME: Hi, how are you?
Vo: I'm good.
(sounds funny)
vo: can I have your papers and passport?
Me: sure. (Passed it to her)
vo: what are you going to do in us
me; to study for my msc.
vo: what school?
me; ...university
vo: how did you hear /know the sch?
me: through the internet
vo: where is it located?
me: ...state
vo: what do you wanna study?
me: Informatics
(I studied pure and applied physics in my undergraduate. But am IT inclined)
vo; You studied Physics,why informatics and what does that mean?
me: I explained why I choose informatics and how i am going to apply what i learn to Nigerian society.
vO: hum. So can you give me some theorems in physics?
me: (I blanked out) (summoned courage). Oh ok I am going to explain "Digital Electronics"
(By the time I opened my mouth I was explaining Communications Physics). she was just noding her head as if she knew what I was explaining was right. (In my mind, I knew what I explained was totally wrong).
vo: who is sponsoring you?
me: i told her my dad.
vo: what does he do?
me: I told her
vo: she looked through for awhile about 3mins
me; (In my mind,I was like whats going on ooo) (Scared at the same time)
next she said was "your visa has been approved"
me: thank you so much am grateful. (It was like I deep my head in cold water)
vo: pass me your sevis fee
me: I had paid but I could not print out because its not been confirmed.
vo: ok make sure you printout before travelling, you willl be asked at the point of entry.

Guys that was how i got it. I left there, i could not even drive for like 10mins waited and think about myself.
Sometimes, visa interview is not that you have all your papers, its all about composure. In fact, I added my Gtbank account along with the account of my sponsor. she checked my sponsor's account and checked my gtbank. that was just printed on a conqueror paper. she asked if that was also my sponsors, I told her no that its my account. I submitted both savings and current account. my balance was just 1000naira. (I know you guys wouldn't believe that. but my account had a good running history.)
My advise is that you know exactly what you want to do i the us and be sure and compose yourself. don't give answer to questions you were not asked. show a tie to your country. While the VO is interviewing you look into their eyes. trust me you will make it through. wish you guys all the best. Nigerians are known well in us to be successful and you find them in the best places you can think of. From media to GE etc. in schools they do well too. But some Nigerians here also give us bad impressions for being too smart and engaging in fraud. chose the right path.
Regards.
Thank you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Train Derails In A Forest In Kwara, Passengers Stranded (Photos) / Two Trucks Of Fulanis Intercepted At A Military Checkpoint In Cross River.Photos / Drone Crashes Into Spewing Volcano In Iceland (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.