Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,930 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (676509 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:17am On Jul 07, 2014
artworks1: V.O, how are you?

How can one get or amend an appointment date for a particular date she is travelling.

The event is around July but the calender keeps starting its dates from Aug. ahead of the date for the event I have in the states.

What can I do?

This sounds like a question for the non-immigrant thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . However, it's my understanding that all July appointments are full.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Jul 07, 2014
fancywendy: Good Morning VO,
Happy Independence Day to You.
We were refused Visa on Tuesday july 2ND 2014.
Sir/ma, I need your help and Advise. the issue goes thus:
My wife is one of the DV 2014 winner, she has a friend during her National youth services corp (NYSC)which have her details. After the service she lost contact with her until sometime in August 2013 when her friend called her on phone to broke the news to her that she won Visa Lottery to America, we were all surprise with the Good news,But she played it as a single because she did not aware that my wife got married Sept 2012, because of that she don't want to come to the embassy and lie or to manipulate document that she's single, that's why she decided to fill the form for me and my Daughter as a beneficiary.
Now can we appeal our case,if she can get the visa as a single and later file for us so this opportunity will not be lost because we love to be in America.
Please, What can we do?
GOD BLESS YOU,GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Good morning,

The Diversity Visa program has very few requirements. One of them is that the spouse and any children under the age of 21 must be listed in the original entry. Because your wife's friend failed to fill out the original entry correctly, unfortunately, your wife is ineligible to receive a Diversity Visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Jul 07, 2014
kole10: Hi @Visaofficer,
I attended an interview for K1 visa on July 2nd, I was asked several questions about my fiancee and myself and the relationship which I answered correctly.But to my surprise I was handed a contact sheet to bring back to the embassy and my passport was handed over to me.
The VO never asked to see photos or call logs.
1) I would like to know what triggers a contact sheet to given.
Though I was previously married but now divorced (since 2006). Me and my fiancee were friends until 1998 when she left the country for U.S to live (she was born in the states) she came visiting nigeria in 2008 that was when we started dating and we have a daughter together in 2010.

There are many reasons why a contact sheet might be requested. Basically, it's because we want to look more closely at your case. We'll do all we can to complete the investigation promptly.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:29am On Jul 07, 2014
JayQue: I posted this on a forum and I was asked to seek ur advise:

I have this problem which I think God will use this house to resolve. My wife won dv lottery and we were scheluded for interview on the 26th of June 10am. We got to the embassy before 9am but we only came with our atm. It was while we were there that someone told me that we have to pay in cash. That made me to rush out looking for d available atm point. Unfortunately I couldn't collect money from atm (it kept telling me user inoperative). That made me to look for my bank so I could collect from d counter. Before I could return it was after 10am. We were not allowed to enter that we have to wait till 1pm. We patiently waited before 1pm a woman came from d hall and attended to us. She wrote our names and took it inside. We were later told to write Lagosiv@state.gov. I wrote and they reponded that they can not reschedule our appointment. I took it like that, I resigned to fate but someone just told me to post it here that there is still a way out. Pls kindly attend to my case. Thank u.

I'm afraid you have lost the opportunity to be interviewed for the Diversity Visa program. As our website at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/diversity_visa_appointment.html states, "If you have an interview date scheduled, you must attend your scheduled interview. If you are married, your spouse and any children must accompany you. If you cannot attend the interview appointment that was scheduled for you by the Kentucky Consular Center, it will not be possible to reschedule your appointment. You must bring the $330 (per person) DV applicant fee and all required documentation at your scheduled interview. Failure to pay the DV application fee in full, for all qualified applicants, at the time of scheduled interview will result in the disqualification of your case. Such cases will not be rescheduled."
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2014
Adeboy007: Howdy VO

I av come to seek for ur tremendous help on behalf of a member of 2014 DV Winner's thread.

She said and I quote...
... There was a process of legal adoption on going but not concluded before d appointment letter of interview was received and a date was set for interview and as d date of the interview, the legal process of adoption was yet to be concluded ,myself and my husband appear at d interview and d visa was approved.

Can we still pursue a visa for d adopted child (Under DV Lottery program) after d approval of our own visa. pls note that d adopted child's name was not included in d form sent to KCC .

Kindly advice

If the full and final adoption is completed in time for a visa to be printed before September 30, 2014, yes, the child can be included.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2014
Sacluxpaint: Good day VO,

I intend going to the US on the 9th to attend my cousin's wedding and the earliest appointment time was given to me on the 7th. I am finding it difficult to reschedule, what do I do?I have no intention of staying in the US because I never had it in mind to do so.I am just opportune to go and I was invited as well.Please reply my post

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . However, it's my understanding that there are no appointments available in July.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:36am On Jul 07, 2014
radensiddiqui: Hi VO,
Firstly, thanks for such an attempt! Got two questions:

1. I was in the UK and got visa refusal and sent back home, my brother is a US Citizen. Now I'm planning to apply through form I-130. Would my visa refusal in UK have any adverse affect on this application? The reason for my visa refusal was that my wife submitted a degree which was not legitimate and I was seen as a part of that. When I applied for a review, I was also banned to apply to UK for another 10 years since this is seen as deception. embarassed

2. If I apply through I-130, what is the standard time for Texas? Is there any faster processing approach? Alternatively, if the process is slow, is it better to wait for my mother's I-130 to be approved and then apply through her?

The visa refusal you described will not have an adverse affect upon your petition. The wait time for sibling petitions is currently running around 12 years; thus, yes, it would likely be faster for your mother to travel and to file an I-130 on your behalf.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:37am On Jul 07, 2014
mamaxxx: Hi, i was issued a b1/b2 visa before i even got pregnant after i found out i was pregnant i decided to go give birth in the States. However at POE i was refused entry because the immigration officer says i didn't have sufficient funds though i had paid part of the hospital fees already and also had over $3000 cash on me. I also had my master card on me and explained to her that my husband was going to send some funding to my account to complete payment.

My visa was immediately canceled and i sent back to Nigeria unjustly. I intend to fight this and win the battle as i feel like i was wrongfully picked on by thus lady who was just obviously in a badmood. Others who had less money on them were allowed in. Please note that this is not my first time in the state.

Where do i go from here?i still intend on having my child in the US and can fund my account the prove that i am able to afford it'

This is a question for the non-immigrant visa thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:40am On Jul 07, 2014
aoddy0267: I have been going through these threads for couple of months now and i think i could find it helpful..well here is my question and the problems i having,my cousin is a nigerian and he has been living in the UK illegally without his papers for the past 2yrs now.suddenly he met an american citizen on facebook,so they have been talking for over 5months and the lady plans to visit him in UK this coming august,before that,she has been planning to bring my cousin which she will need to file a petiton after they meet eachother in person though she works for wellsfargo bank in california and she said,she would do everything to bring my cousin to america but the problem there is,we all already know my cousin will have to go back to nigeria to apply and be interviewed,but in the petiion,can she fill in my cousin address in nigeria since my cousin will have to go back to nigeria for interview or can she fill my cousin uk address where he lives illegally?and if she had to fill my cousin address in nigeria,we know she cant fill nigeria contact number whilst my cousin lives in uk...can she just fill in the nigeria address and fill in uk contact number in the petition form because the US embassy will need to contact him after the petition has been approved and sent to the National Visa Center..Also it says they will need to provide a police certificate in every country the fiance(my cousin) has lived for month than 6months,getting police certificate in nigeria isnt hard but getting a police certificate in UK will be hard because he has been living there illegally for more than 2yrs,so what can we do??does it matter if he cant provide the uk police certificate?? Also if they had to provide evidence of the relationship,they wont be able to provide a telephone record because they speak on skype,viber and bbm everyday which i think it is more better and convinced than the phone conversation..The problem now is,how can they provide the skype,viber and bbm recorded conversation??if the fiance explained this to the interviewing officer,will he/she put it into consideration??i will be glad if you could kindly help us out with everything that i have written to you in this thread..Thanks

Your cousin's fiancee should use the address where your cousin receives mail -- otherwise, how can we contact him?

Yes, he will need to submit a police certificate from the UK. We cannot waive a legal requirement because your cousin is breaking the law...

What your cousin says about the relationship will be much more important than any records / documents he can bring. He should bring whatever evidence he can, but we will rely much more on his ability to talk credibly about the relationship.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:42am On Jul 07, 2014
lutoyema: Thanks consular officer,ur realli doing a splendid job..Visa issuses are always cloudy to we Nigerians but with wonderful people like you around- it wld be VISA made easy.

My father filled an immigrant visa petition for me and my family in 2001 but he passed on in 2011. 2months later we were scheduled for an immigrant visa interview because our priority wia active.We went for the interview and we were rufuSed due to death of the petitioner.I wrote USCIS followed the proceedures,got my sister to Stand in as a SubStitute,requested for an humanitarian reinstatement of the petition and it was approved and sent back to the US consulate for Visa processing.Now after 3months,the consulate haS re-inviteD me with my family members but told us to fill up a new DS 260 and bring in any documentS to subStantiate my relationship with the substitute sponsor but told us not to worry on medical and police report as the consular officer will give us further instructions on it. I also mailed the consulate that I have another child but the space for the Ds 260 has been created for my new birth.

Can u advice me on what I should expect cos I am freaking Scared to the pants...I am freaked out man#

Don't freak out! Based solely on what you've written here, I don't see where there would be a problem. We'll be interested in seeing that your sister really is your sister, and after that, it's all pretty much automatic.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2014
hollaytan: Hello VO
Thanks ur wonderful oppurtunity. Pls I will like to know how to go about this..my aunt in US introduced a lady to me online, we got interested in each other, we exchange pictures, we often chat online, we speak in fone and often send gift to each other via dhl. We have not met Before, she plans to file spouse visa application for me......what are my chances at the embassy.

Very very small, if you've never met in person.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2014
pepson: hello VO ,i was banned to enter the US some 8 years back due to presentation of fraudulent document during my interview for a non-immigrant visa.my wife was selected for the DV 2015,so i wish to know if i can still be granted an immigrant visa under my wife.i also want to know if someone tested positive for a medical examination affect visa decision, thanks for ur reply

You can still be granted an immigrant visa, although if you were found ineligible for material misrepresentation you will need a waiver.

It depends what the person tested positive for. Being HIV+ is not an ineligibility for entering the United States, but if the person is positive for TB, syphilis, or some other highly contagious infection, he or she will need to complete treatment before traveling.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DobraDobra: 9:28am On Jul 07, 2014
morning our oga at d top VO i missed d trend because of ur long weekend wellcome back and hope u relaxed and had fun enough. Addicted nairalander

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 10:17am On Jul 07, 2014
VisaOfficer:

If the full and final adoption is completed in time for a visa to be printed before September 30, 2014, yes, the child can be included.

Waoo what a Good and relief reply

thank you.

pls how will she start the processing? Dose she need to mail KCC ?... or she will av to mail Lagos Embassy and download d DSP forms, fill the child data and attached it with the Legal adoption document and send it to Lagos Embassy Email ?... pls I will appreciate ur response

thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DobraDobra: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2014
Good day VO please kindly help me with dis confusion so that we can correct our steps and take d right direction. Pls how dowe prove Telephone call converstions or messages with an LPR trying to get spouse over. Please how important or relevant is thid during interview in dis days of viber skype and other mediums because this days email is more reserved for official purpose and not chat or calls between couple where they communicate almost every second at will. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by JehovahFavor(m): 11:37am On Jul 07, 2014
Dear VO, thanks for the great work you are doing here. I am a dv lottery winner, i attended the visa interview as required with my wife and 3 children. The children's visas were not filed for due to financial difficulty, however myself and wife visas were approved. I am now able to raise money for my children's visa, what is the process i will take to obtain their visas? After their visa approval, can they join me later in US as i may not be able to finance our flight at once? I hope to send their flight ticket before expiration of their visas. Thanks for your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by artworks1: 11:42am On Jul 07, 2014
VisaOfficer:

This sounds like a question for the non-immigrant thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . However, it's my understanding that all July appointments are full.

That V.O over there has been on a long vacation. Please is there anyway I can schedule my appointment because I have already filled my form and its remaining for me to book my appointment. Please help.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hollaytan: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls I will be meeting my fiance for the first time, she is a residence of US, she plans coming to nigeria so we can do engagement, I will like to knw, is it possible for her to file for me her in Nigerian embassy, maybe probably get me the visa here before she goes back or what are the procedures we need to follow......thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pepson: 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
VisaOfficer:

You can still be granted an immigrant visa, although if you were found ineligible for material misrepresentation you will need a waiver.

It depends what the person tested positive for. Being HIV+ is not an ineligibility for entering the United States, but if the person is positive for TB, syphilis, or some other highly contagious infection, he or she will need to complete treatment before traveling.

why i am asking this is because the incident happened when i was a minor(14 yrs), i went for an interview for a student visa in 2007,the consular officer told me to come the following week for my student visa,when i came the following week as required ,i was told to come again in one week time,this situation happened for 1 month until i was called and told that some fraudulent documents was discovered into my file and that i am permanently banned to enter the US,later on the school for which i was enrolled send another I-20 for me to go for another interview which i did,the consular officer told me that i am still applying at the same school she went further saying if i continue to be apply for interview i will keep on losing my money,she refused me the visa.i am dating a girl,and she was chosen for 2015 DV lottery,we plan to get married for further processing,so my concerns are as follow: the fact that i am getting married to her is that consider as fraud since i have 22 years and she has 29 yrs?because i am really worried and confused.my second concern is if i can still be eligible for the immigrant visa under this condition since i was permanently ban to enter the US during my student visa interview?
another concern not related to those mention above is:my brother is a green card holder and he plans to get a US citizenship,an he wants me to benefit from it,so i dont know if my age (22yrs) still permit me to be eligible? and if the fact that i was permanently banned befor can affect this process?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
Adeboy007:

Waoo what a Good and relief reply

thank you.

pls how will she start the processing? Dose she need to mail KCC ?... or she will av to mail Lagos Embassy and download d DSP forms, fill the child data and attached it with the Legal adoption document and send it to Lagos Embassy Email ?... pls I will appreciate ur response

thank you

Please have her e-mail LagosIV@state.gov and let us know that she is working on the adoption, so we can update her case notes. Once the adoption is full and final she should e-mail us straight away so we can take appropriate action. Let her know that we review all adoptions very carefully, so it's important that she does everything legally and does not cut corners.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
DobraDobra: Good day VO please kindly help me with dis confusion so that we can correct our steps and take d right direction. Pls how dowe prove Telephone call converstions or messages with an LPR trying to get spouse over. Please how important or relevant is thid during interview in dis days of viber skype and other mediums because this days email is more reserved for official purpose and not chat or calls between couple where they communicate almost every second at will. Thanks

Hi DobraDobra,

Just bring whatever evidence you can. Every relationship is different, so I can't tell you exactly what to bring. Anyway. we look at the paper evidence as a secondary source of information; we're much more interested in what the applicant has to say about the relationship, whether it makes sense, whether the applicant can reasonably answer simple questions, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
JehovahFavor: Dear VO, thanks for the great work you are doing here. I am a dv lottery winner, i attended the visa interview as required with my wife and 3 children. The children's visas were not filed for due to financial difficulty, however myself and wife visas were approved. I am now able to raise money for my children's visa, what is the process i will take to obtain their visas? After their visa approval, can they join me later in US as i may not be able to finance our flight at once? I hope to send their flight ticket before expiration of their visas. Thanks for your response.

Hey great! Please e-mail us at LagosIV@state gov and let us know that you are ready for the children's visas to be processed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
artworks1:

That V.O over there has been on a long vacation. Please is there anyway I can schedule my appointment because I have already filled my form and its remaining for me to book my appointment. Please help.

Sorry, I have no jurisdiction whatsoever with non-immigrant visas. You might try e-mailing them at LagosNIV@state.gov or ConsularAbuja@state.gov (depending on whether you'll apply in Lagos or Abuja).
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
hollaytan: Pls I will be meeting my fiance for the first time, she is a residence of US, she plans coming to nigeria so we can do engagement, I will like to knw, is it possible for her to file for me her in Nigerian embassy, maybe probably get me the visa here before she goes back or what are the procedures we need to follow......thanks

She cannot file here in Nigeria; it must be done through the USCIS lockbox in the United States. The instructions can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
pepson:

why i am asking this is because the incident happened when i was a minor(14 yrs), i went for an interview for a student visa in 2007,the consular officer told me to come the following week for my student visa,when i came the following week as required ,i was told to come again in one week time,this situation happened for 1 month until i was called and told that some fraudulent documents was discovered into my file and that i am permanently banned to enter the US,later on the school for which i was enrolled send another I-20 for me to go for another interview which i did,the consular officer told me that i am still applying at the same school she went further saying if i continue to be apply for interview i will keep on losing my money,she refused me the visa.i am dating a girl,and she was chosen for 2015 DV lottery,we plan to get married for further processing,so my concerns are as follow: the fact that i am getting married to her is that consider as fraud since i have 22 years and she has 29 yrs?because i am really worried and confused.my second concern is if i can still be eligible for the immigrant visa under this condition since i was permanently ban to enter the US during my student visa interview?
another concern not related to those mention above is:my brother is a green card holder and he plans to get a US citizenship,an he wants me to benefit from it,so i dont know if my age (22yrs) still permit me to be eligible? and if the fact that i was permanently banned befor can affect this process?

We're nice about fraud committed by people who weren't adults at the time. I doubt the officer entered an ineligibility into your record, and if he or she did, we can help fix the problem. Edit on July 16 in case future applicants are reading this for guidance: I was wrong. There's an ineligibility in the record. But there's a waiver you can apply for, too.

If you have a bona fide relationship with the Diversity Visa winner, and you can talk about the relationship credibly, I wouldn't worry about the age difference. Your brother can also file for you once he is a U.S. citizen, no matter how old you are; sibling petitions currently take around 12 years before they can be interviewed, though. Again, I wouldn't worry about something that happened when you were 14. Going by what you've written here, it doesn't sound like it will be an issue. Edit on July 16: Again, I was wrong. You'll need to apply for a waiver.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Please have her e-mail LagosIV@state.gov and let us know that she is working on the adoption, so we can update her case notes. Once the adoption is full and final she should e-mail us straight away so we can take appropriate action. Let her know that we review all adoptions very carefully, so it's important that she does everything legally and does not cut corners.

You have been so helpful to everyone here....... Most especially me smiley.... I say THANK YOU so much

am hoping to meet you July 17 (My Interview day) to see our Nairaland Angelic Visa Officer grin grin

She will mail you @ LagosIV@state.gov before this week runs out

Thank you and God bless America
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DobraDobra: 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Hi DobraDobra,

Just bring whatever evidence you can. Every relationship is different, so I can't tell you exactly what to bring. Anyway. we look at the paper evidence as a secondary source of information; we're much more interested in what the applicant has to say about the relationship, whether it makes sense, whether the applicant can reasonably answer simple questions, etc.

Thank you VO that means when we get to that bridge we will cross some how and with your help. Relationship of over 20yrs with foto evidence of colleage and university days hopefully there will be enough time allowed to talk about it at point of interview. Thanks once again I appreciate
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aoddy0267: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Your cousin's fiancee should use the address where your cousin receives mail -- otherwise, how can we contact him?

Yes, he will need to submit a police certificate from the UK. We cannot waive a legal requirement because your cousin is breaking the law...

What your cousin says about the relationship will be much more important than any records / documents he can bring. He should bring whatever evidence he can, but we will rely much more on his ability to talk credibly about the relationship.

ok fine but my cousin says it will be hard for him to get police certificare from the UK but he could only get police certificate from his home country Nigeria,he says he hasnt got any problem/trouble in UK but he's scared of going to the police to ask for the certificate since he has been living in uk illegally....And also said would it be best for him to receive mail from the USCIS/NVC in nigeria or uk because he isnt a citizen of uk??but if his fiancee has to use his nigeria address as where the mail will be sent,can he add my cousin phone number as the contact number in the petition while she put uk address?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hello VO,
please i want to make enquiry if i need affidavit of support since because i am a married woman, also my daughter has the short form of birth certficate i want to know if i need to get a longer one for her.
Also presently i am not working does this have any effect on me though i am a graduate.thanks for your prompt response.
will appreciate if you can let me any other useful documents that is needed @ the embassy.we rae having oyr interview this week.
lest i forget can i bring in snacks for my little girl.
thanks and God bless.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
AREOLA: Hello VO,
please i want to make enquiry if i need affidavit of support since because i am a married woman, also my daughter has the short form of birth certficate i want to know if i need to get a longer one for her.
Also presently i am not working does this have any effect on me though i am a graduate. thanks for your prompt response.
will appreciate if you can let me any other useful documents that is needed @ the embassy. we rae having oyr interview this week.
lest i forget can i bring in snacks for my little girl.
thanks and God bless.

I think I can try assisting you wit good info before the arrival of VO tomorrow

A DV winners from Nigeria does not require any affidavit of support. US Embassy believe dat wit d require documents from a DV applicants will be able to assist themselves in united states

Your child birth certificate (short form) will be okay if ur child is not yet clock 18 years old

You can only qualify for diversity Visa lottery wit two options which is Education (Minimum of O-level) OR qualification wit 2 years Job experience (Job specification apply)

Not working presently May not jeopardize ur chances of getting ur visa approved if you have choosing Educational qualification ..

I leave the rest for the VO to say to it tomorrow.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by radensiddiqui(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
VisaOfficer:

The visa refusal you described will not have an adverse affect upon your petition. The wait time for sibling petitions is currently running around 12 years; thus, yes, it would likely be faster for your mother to travel and to file an I-130 on your behalf.

Thank you so much...such a relief to know! I heard that the current wait time for Texas is about 7-8 years, then again just a speculation. Another question popped into my mind, I would like to apply for a tourist visa, again was thinking if my case mentioned earlier would have any adverse affect? Thanks a million for responding!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pepson: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
VisaOfficer:

We're nice about fraud committed by people who weren't adults at the time. I doubt the officer entered an ineligibility into your record, and if he or she did, we can help fix the problem.

If you have a bona fide relationship with the Diversity Visa winner, and you can talk about the relationship credibly, I wouldn't worry about the age difference. Your brother can also file for you once he is a U.S. citizen, no matter how old you are; sibling petitions currently take around 12 years before they can be interviewed, though. Again, I wouldn't worry about something that happened when you were 14. Going by what you've written here, it doesn't sound like it will be an issue.

when you say siblings petitions currently take around 12 years before the person concerned can be interviewed,does it mean that the person has to wait for 12 years in his country of origin before he can be interviewed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (223)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.