Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818076 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MsLee: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2016
Hello house,

Please i have a question..

Few months ago i filled the DS-160 form and submitted but I did not pay application fee or scheduled a date.

Now i want to apply for america visa (visiting) do i say i have applied before??

Are those information still available?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hello Nobodylasty,

We will not go into details of personal cases. If you have a lifetime ban, the officer would have informed you at the time but it appears that you were refused under Section 214b of the INA, which is not a lifetime ineligibility.

You can reapply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Nobodylasty:
Warm greetings Abuja niv,
I have an issue and wud appreciate any advice,I actually got a birthing visa(b1/b2) told d vo I was goin for birthing,paid my fees and spent 10weeks,collected zero bal letters.got an invitation to visit d embassy only to get dere and d vo asked how much I paid in total I said 6k dollars and gave her my zero balance letters plus receipts,she saw all and asked me how come she's seeing I paid just 500 dollars and I showed her d docs again so she went in wt my passport and came out and cancelled d visa without prejudice and gave me a 214b letter. Please
1. What is the penalty
2.can I apply for Anoda visa
Please God bless you as u advice because I'm soo down right now
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by queenma35: 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dear Sir/Madam
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by halaphilip: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Halaphilip,

First, this is exactly why we are so vocal for applicants to not use visa agents. It sounds like "the dude who helped her" actually made it harder on her, so let us reiterate how important it is to complete your own form.

If the receipt number was already reused, then yes, she must reapply.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Thank you. Actually, we did not use a visa agent. She got to the Visa venue an realized she did not have that confirmation of appointment page and while trying to get it printed from her profile, she ran into those business centre people that loiter around the Embassy who offered to help but ended up printing the wrong one.

Anyway, the main issue is we were told that since she could not attend the interview (because she did not have the right document), she needed to reschedule her appointment after three days using the same receipt number. But anytime we try to do that, it says the receipt number has already been used. It seems there is a conflicting signal and no one seems to know the right thing to do. We will probably end up paying another fee but it'll be nice to have these things cleared up.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2016
Hello MsLee,

Since you did not actually appear for an interview, the most appropriate answer would be no.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

MsLee:
Hello house,

Please i have a question..

Few months ago i filled the DS-160 form and submitted but I did not pay application fee or scheduled a date.

Now i want to apply for america visa (visiting) do i say i have applied before??

Are those information still available?

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koonleh: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2016
Please what's does the yellow paper given signify. The reason for denial was nt mentioned.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by halaphilip: 2:49am On Nov 18, 2016
We have made payment and updated the information, but i cannot get to the point where i am able to schedule an appointment.

This is a snapshot of the dashboard. It seems we are being told her passport is at the embassy. But that is not true

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:08am On Nov 18, 2016
Hello halaphilip,

Please contact the call center: +23414406218 or at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV

halaphilip:
We have made payment and updated the information, but i cannot get to the point where i am able to schedule an appointment.

This is a snapshot of the dashboard. It seems we are being told her passport is at the embassy. But that is not true
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cbaldwin2013: 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hello VO, I need some clarification. I was given a b2/b2 visa which I have used twice in the space of 6 months and on the second time I bought three cars for sale. Seeing how lucrative this is, I intend resigning from my job to go into the car business fully which will require that I travel every 3 months. Is this acceptable ? a friend advised I keep bill of lading for the cars that I buy for when I intend to renew.

Will I be violating my visa by engaging in business and yes my visa is b1/b2.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 321d: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hello Officer

Please I'd like to know the fact with applicable links to the resource on the USCIS website.

I have a pending F4 petition filed years back. If i get married today, before it becomes current, will my spouse automatically benefit from it OR will my petition be automatically revoked?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2016
cbaldwin2013:
Hello VO, I need some clarification. I was given a b2/b2 visa which I have used twice in the space of 6 months and on the second time I bought three cars for sale. Seeing how lucrative this is, I intend resigning from my job to go into the car business fully which will require that I travel every 3 months. Is this acceptable ? a friend advised I keep bill of lading for the cars that I buy for when I intend to renew.

Will I be violating my visa by engaging in business and yes my visa is b1/b2.

Business is an appropriate use of a B1/B2 visa. Keeping bills of lading is a good idea.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hello Koonleh,

If you read the letter, you will know. The color is not significant.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

koonleh:
Please what's does the yellow paper given signify. The reason for denial was nt mentioned.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hello 321d,

Please consult the USCIS website for more information. https://www.uscis.gov/

Regards,

Abuja NIV

321d:
Hello Officer

Please I'd like to know the fact with applicable links to the resource on the USCIS website.

I have a pending F4 petition filed years back. If i get married today, before it becomes current, will my spouse automatically benefit from it OR will my petition be automatically revoked?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koonleh: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Koonleh,

If you read the letter, you will know. The color is not significant.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

okay Sir, i have seen it, it was stated that she (my wife and two daughters does nt av enough ties to prove that they will return. Please is the husband who is nt going not enough? And also her job. Why did the officer not give one of the daughter and the mother, am scared of 're-applyin cuz of the cost. Please advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by halaphilip: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello halaphilip,

Please contact the call center: +23414406218 or at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Hello VO,

I just got an update to my query and they said the receipt has been used and I have To make another payment. But that is false. That receipt has NOT been used to schedule any appointment. And now they're asking me to make another payment. This is very annoying - I am tempted to call it a scam. Even the dashboard shows no appointment has been made since the one of November 8. Payment was only made last week Thursday. What is going on?

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sucess001(m): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Fadeo,

You do not need a letter of invitation. You should, however, have correspondence with a doctor and hospital again with a breakdown of the medical treatment for your wife and proof that you can pay for it.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Good Afternoon,

Very impressive interaction you are undertaking here.

Further to your comment above, i intend to do my 2017 vacation and want to apply for a visit visa. i always thought it was necessary to have an invite from my cousin who is also an american citizen.

Secondly, which makes my chance of getting a visa- an invite from a family member (cousin) or from an office colleague based in the US?

Thanks as always.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Godiloveu(f): 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
hi house
I apply for us visiting visa for 2wks,am attending a wedding by January, I have enough money for travel expenses with a virgi n passport.
the only ties to my home town are my families?
pls wat is chance of getting d visa approved?
or how best can I convince d Vo dat I will be returning back?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ESO234: 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hello VO I was just introduced to the forum.

I am a banker and above 44 years, I want to know what and what is needed as i intend to travel with my family ie my wife and 2 kids on a holiday trip to the US during my leave. what are the documents required in addition to our international passports
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Raf1(f): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good evening,
I am trying to complete an online application for a B1/B2 Visa , and I have had challenges uploading my passport photograph.

I upload the photograph, it is accepted - I get a green tick saying "Photo passed quality standards" and then when I click the 'Next' button, to continue my application, I get the following message:
"An error occurred while processing your photo. Please try again later"

I have tried using both Internet Explorer and Chrome, and still get the same message
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by toasoleil: 10:00am On Nov 23, 2016
Good day sir/Madam,
I wish to apply for an F1 visa to do an LLM in the US and i have my i20 already. I am a Nigerian lawyer and i practice in Cameroon and Nigeria. I reside in Abuja and i wish to use our law firm bank statement and that of a client in Cameroon. The latter will sponsor me for about 80% of the program. So the question is can a bank statement from a commercial bank in Cameroon be used at the US embassy in Abuja? Thanks much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tutu121: 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
I attended the us interview today with my husband we were denied visa because he could not express himself they ask him if he has anybody working under him he said no so they denied us i don't knw if I can remember apply immediately on my own because I intend to go alone now (B1/B2) VISA do I have any chance?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by indianteddy007: 5:56am On Nov 24, 2016
Good afternoon VO. my interview is coming up. I am applying with my two boys 6yrs and 4yrs without their dad.

1. Is it okay for them to wear their school uniform?

2. Can i also wear my own Branded uniform we wear at work since i will be going to work after the interview?

3. I was denied last year march because i did not apply with the boys.. we travelled to dubai last yr December now we want to travel to the States.. what are my chances?

4. We are not applying with my husband. What are the chances?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jalfalb: 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
DEAR VO I HAD A B1/B2 Visa and 2014 and in 2015 I had my baby in the US with b1/b2. I paid all my hospital bills in full. Now, I have gone to renew my visa, I added my hospital receipts for dropbox, but DHL office for dropbox returned the receipts.. They said they needed only my passport photograph, payment receipt, IPP and confirmation slip. Now, how will the consular know I paid my bills in full? Is this something new?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hello guys, pls i need help i went for interview August 13, i was refused visa so i re book again Nov23 same thing happened, the question i was ask for the interview,

Where are you going to : i answer texas
Have you traveled before : No
What do you do for a living : i answer my occupation
Are you married : i said yes cause am married.
Why are you going to US: i said am going there for a short visit..

And the next i heard am sorry........... Pls i want to know if it's possible for me to re apply for the third time and what do you think it might be the reason why they keep denying me visa...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:38am On Nov 28, 2016
Hello Godiloveu,

This thread is to answer general questions on the process. Please go through the other pages to read more. We have will not give odds on getting a visa.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Godiloveu:
hi house
I apply for us visiting visa for 2wks,am attending a wedding by January, I have enough money for travel expenses with a virgi n passport.
the only ties to my home town are my families?
pls wat is chance of getting d visa approved?
or how best can I convince d Vo dat I will be returning back?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:48am On Nov 28, 2016
Hello ESO234,

Nothing else is required.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

ESO234:
Hello VO I was just introduced to the forum.

I am a banker and above 44 years, I want to know what and what is needed as i intend to travel with my family ie my wife and 2 kids on a holiday trip to the US during my leave. what are the documents required in addition to our international passports
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:49am On Nov 28, 2016
Hello Sucess001,

It is not a requirement to have a letter of invitation. All are welcome to apply for visas- knowing someone in the U.S. is not a requirement.

We do not give odds on getting visas.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

sucess001:

Good Afternoon,

Very impressive interaction you are undertaking here.

Further to your comment above, i intend to do my 2017 vacation and want to apply for a visit visa. i always thought it was necessary to have an invite from my cousin who is also an american citizen.

Secondly, which makes my chance of getting a visa- an invite from a family member (cousin) or from an office colleague based in the US?

Thanks as always.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Nobodylasty,

We will not go into details of personal cases. If you have a lifetime ban, the officer would have informed you at the time but it appears that you were refused under Section 214b of the INA, which is not a lifetime ineligibility.

You can reapply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

please vo in cases where visa is cancelled by the embassy (cancelled without prejudice) is the person eligible for drop box
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hello Raf1,

Please call +23414406218 or email support-nigeria@ustravel.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Raf1:
Good evening,
I am trying to complete an online application for a B1/B2 Visa , and I have had challenges uploading my passport photograph.

I upload the photograph, it is accepted - I get a green tick saying "Photo passed quality standards" and then when I click the 'Next' button, to continue my application, I get the following message:
"An error occurred while processing your photo. Please try again later"

I have tried using both Internet Explorer and Chrome, and still get the same message

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.