Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:06 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (814489 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by obalukan: 6:12pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks VO. It was typo error. I want to write separately not Desperately. Thanks you for tiu advice.
abujaniv:
Hello obalukan. Relax your desperation. You can all attend the same interview, but every individual needs their own application and payment of the visa fee.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by travelclub: 9:36am On May 24, 2017
Hello,

I will like to find out if I have to go to Abuja for my Dropbox or if I can send it through DHL Jos as I am currently doing my doctors residency in Jos.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tq101: 2:16pm On May 24, 2017
Hello abujaniv, is it compulsory to upload your passport photograph while completing the DS-160 form or someone can go with his passport photograph during the interview as an alternative.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:57pm On May 24, 2017
Yes, it is compulsory.

Tq101:
Hello abujaniv, is it compulsory to upload your passport photograph while completing the DS-160 form or someone can go with his passport photograph during the interview as an alternative.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tydarl: 8:23pm On May 24, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tq101: 10:28pm On May 24, 2017
Hi abujaniv, I could not upload my passport while completing my DS 160 visa form and I have submitted and printed my confirmation page. Can I bring along a passport photograph when going for the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jaStar: 4:21am On May 25, 2017
I'm sorry VO, but I have to ask.
I see you showing the patience of Job in your low-key English/spelling/grammar lessons.
How frustrating must it be to read (and I use that word in the loosest possible terms, because even I struggle to decipher some of what I see here and I'm Nigerian) supposed students -and in this case, a supposed journalist - who can barely write or spell?

abujaniv:
Hello Honeylahrah.
This visa fee receipt is valid for one year from the date of payment and allows you to schedule your interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. You must schedule your interview while the receipt is valid, which means your interview must be booked within one year of paying your fee. If you do not schedule an interview within a year of payment then your receipt will expire, you will not be able to schedule an interview, and you must pay the fee again and begin the process anew. The I visa and B1/B2 visa cost the same, so in principle, you should be able to transfer the fee to the different visa class. If you are unable to make this change in your application, request that it be done at the Embassy/Consulate during your interview.
"Advice" is a noun whilst "advise" is the related verb.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:02am On May 25, 2017
Carpenters have a saying: Measure twice, cut once. Perhaps a corollary for both internet postings and visa applications could be: Read twice, submit once.

9jaStar:
I'm sorry VO, but I have to ask.
I see you showing the patience of Job in your low-key English/spelling/grammar lessons.
How frustrating must it be to read (and I use that word in the loosest possible terms, because even I struggle to decipher some of what I see here and I'm Nigerian) supposed students -and in this case, a supposed journalist - who can barely write or spell?

12 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tq101: 9:06pm On May 25, 2017
Hi Vo, you have not answered my question yet. I could not upload my passport while completing my DS 160 visa form and I have submitted and printed my confirmation page. Can I bring along a passport photograph when going for the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:24pm On May 25, 2017
I did answer your question. It is compulsory to upload your photograph. Follow the instructions like everyone else.

Tq101:
Hi Vo, you have not answered my question yet. I could not upload my passport while completing my DS 160 visa form and I have submitted and printed my confirmation page. Can I bring along a passport photograph when going for the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by simonydurny(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Ayomibare. Don't try to shift blame. You presented forged documents as a true representation of yourself. And only recently, you've posted on another thread that you may go "to South Africa to spend a week, so I can fill it in my travel history" all to "move their focus away from this India fake visa issue." Rather than naivete, this looks more like a pattern of dishonesty and subterfuge.

Wonderful, amazing!!!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tq101: 10:04pm On May 25, 2017
Thanks so much Vo for your guide. But I can't go back tor the photo upload page cause I have already submitted and printed out the confirmation page. Would you please assist me on how to go about this.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kraba: 12:11am On May 26, 2017
@abujaniv, a good evening to you.

I am having a hard time scheduling an appointment for my 2-year old daughter. My 3 other girls, my wife and i, all had our visas renewed via dropbox some months back but she couldn't be included cause she is a first time applicant.

The scheduling website keeps insisting that the new profile i created for her is similar to mine hence it can not be used.(i am paraphrasing the automated response).

Please, how do i book her appoinment since she has no personal e-mail address and mine had already been used while completing her DS-160, as is my practice for all my kids ?

Please note that i submitted her DS-160 on monday, 15th May, 2017 after which i tried getting her interview date. Once that failed, i sent an e-mail through the feedback window on the scheduling site that same day but i am yet to recieve a reply from them save the automated acknowledgement that came in almost immediately.

Please help.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On May 26, 2017
Hello kraba. In general, this is a question best directed to customer support: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
But I could also suggest that you just make a new profile for your child, along with a new e-mail address. Web-based e-mail addresses are free, so just make a new one.

kraba:
@abujaniv, a good evening to you.

I am having a hard time scheduling an appointment for my 2-year old daughter. My 3 other girls, my wife and i, all had our visas renewed via dropbox some months back but she couldn't be included cause she is a first time applicant.

The scheduling website keeps insisting that the new profile i created for her is similar to mine hence it can not be used.(i am paraphrasing the automated response).

Please, how do i book her appoinment since she has no personal e-mail address and mine had already been used while completing her DS-160, as is my practice for all my kids ?

Please note that i submitted her DS-160 on monday, 15th May, 2017 after which i tried getting her interview date. Once that failed, i sent an e-mail through the feedback window on the scheduling site that same day but i am yet to recieve a reply from them save the automated acknowledgement that came in almost immediately.

Please help.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kraba: 9:59am On May 26, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello kraba. In general, this is a question best directed to customer support: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
But I could also suggest that you just make a new profile for your child, along with a new e-mail address. Web-based e-mail addresses are free, so just make a new one.

Thank you so much for the timely response. I just created a new profile for her (this makes it the second time) in keeping with your advice above but it was flagged again with the same auto response pointing at the similarities with my own profile. Again it requested that i go back to my own account, suggesting how to retrieve my "lost password", if that's the reason for creating the new profile.

I have also sent a mail to the address you supplied up here and recieved the auto acknowledgent. I also noticed it was the same address i had contacted 2weeks ago without any reply.

Please is there a phone number i can call ?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:10am On May 26, 2017
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp

kraba:

Thank you so much for the timely response. I just created a new profile for her (this makes it the second time) in keeping with your advice above but it was flagged again with the same auto response pointing at the similarities with my own profile. Again it requested that i go back to my own account, suggesting how to retrieve my "lost password", if that's the reason for creating the new profile.

I have also sent a mail to the address you supplied up here and recieved the auto acknowledgent. I also noticed it was the same address i had contacted 2weeks ago without any reply.

Please is there a phone number i can call ?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by olumde01: 3:10pm On May 26, 2017
Hello VO and good people in the house. I have collected my passport today and i want to proceed in filling the DS-160 online form. Someone just told me that i should involve agent rather than filling it myself. Pls should i fill the form myself?

Again, what am going for is going to take place in June 22nd.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by olumde01: 6:04pm On May 26, 2017
PLS GOOD PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE, PLS HOW CAN I UPLOAD MY PICTURE ON DS 160 FORM. I HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THE FORM AND SUBMIT BUT WAS UNABLE TO UPLOAD MY PASSPORT. PLS HOW CAN RETRIEVE MY APPLICATION BACK..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by laonidolla(m): 6:10pm On May 26, 2017
VO good day pls my interview with my elder sister is coming up next week but I just noticed that will be interviewed individual not as group or family. pls can we still do anything about it. thank
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by olumde01: 6:16pm On May 26, 2017
abujaniv:
Yes, it is compulsory.

PLS GOOD PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE, PLS HOW CAN I UPLOAD MY PICTURE ON DS 160 FORM. I HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THE FORM AND SUBMIT BUT WAS UNABLE TO UPLOAD MY PASSPORT. PLS HOW CAN RETRIEVE MY APPLICATION BACK..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by macdeeza: 7:48pm On May 26, 2017
Hi VO,

I received approval email after my interview and also was given the white slip.
However, when I picked my passport 3 days later, there was no visa on it rather I got a refusal letter.
I applied for B1 visa at the Lagos office.
Please can you help explain this situation and what recourse might be available to me

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by reasonbobo: 8:46pm On May 26, 2017
Good Evening House, please i really need your help, in my DS 160 Form i filled my point of entry is Texas. But i want to go visit my uncle in New Jersey first.
Please would i have any issue at the Airport cause of this ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Timetravel88: 11:31am On May 27, 2017
Good day,
Please I have a nagging problem that has kept me up most nights. I have a fiance in the US who I plan on getting married to, she has come visiting once and all went well.
I applied for a US tourist visa in a few months and said I was married to her and was denied visa after a brief interview. Now she is proposing for a K1 fiance visa application which of course will be in contradiction to my previous application at the consulate.
Please what solution can u proffer to lift this bottleneck.
I know I should have gone through the K1 first, I was completely naive of the process.
In addition I used my surname in place of hers for spouse's full name and address and place of Origin was Nigeria as I thought mine would suffice in the eventuality of marriage.
Your speedy response will be profoundly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by yurmie: 12:28pm On May 27, 2017
Please I need your advice.
My wife & I got a B2 visa 3 months ago as a couple. I am in U S presently. We couldn't travel together at once due to some personal issues. She just filed for divorce which I'm ready to accept. Will she still be allowed to enter usa with her visa? If we decide to keep mute and she gains entry into the US, can I get married to someone else in US if I have the opportunity? What are the implications, please?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:53pm On May 27, 2017
Hello olumde01. We strongly recommend against using agents. Nobody knows your life and biographical details better than yourself. The application is a sworn document, and mistakes made by agents reflect solely on the applicant him/herself.

olumde01:
Hello VO and good people in the house. I have collected my passport today and i want to proceed in filling the DS-160 online form. Someone just told me that i should involve agent rather than filling it myself. Pls should i fill the form myself?

Again, what am going for is going to take place in June 22nd.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:55pm On May 27, 2017
Hello laonidolla. As long as you scheduled the interview on the same day, you can interview together. We prefer to interview family members at the same time.

laonidolla:
VO good day pls my interview with my elder sister is coming up next week but I just noticed that will be interviewed individual not as group or family. pls can we still do anything about it. thank
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:00pm On May 27, 2017
Hello macdeeza. It could be that after the interview, information came to light that called into question your qualifications for the visa for which you applied. For example, this sometimes occurs when we find out that someone had previously applied under a different identity. If you are fraudster, I would recommend that you never apply for a visa again.

macdeeza:
Hi VO,

I received approval email after my interview and also was given the white slip.
However, when I picked my passport 3 days later, there was no visa on it rather I got a refusal letter.
I applied for B1 visa at the Lagos office.
Please can you help explain this situation and what recourse might be available to me

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:01pm On May 27, 2017
Hello reasonbobo. Whenever the actual travel deviates from the stated travel, it invites more scrutiny. If asked about it at the border, a logical answer should quell any concerns about your change of plans.
reasonbobo:
Good Evening House, please i really need your help, in my DS 160 Form i filled my point of entry is Texas. But i want to go visit my uncle in New Jersey first.
Please would i have any issue at the Airport cause of this ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:06pm On May 27, 2017
Hello Timetravel88. The K visa is an immigrant visa, and we have a separate thread on Nairaland for questions about that. It's a different process than the tourist visa (B1/B2) and other types of nonimmigrant visas. We take biographical details very seriously. Married is not the same as engaged. One surname is not the same as another. An address in Nigeria is not the same as an address in the US. Your thricefold misrepresentation in your nonimmigrant visa application is a poor start for you as you embark on the immigrant visa process.

Timetravel88:
Good day,
Please I have a nagging problem that has kept me up most nights. I have a fiance in the US who I plan on getting married to, she has come visiting once and all went well.
I applied for a US tourist visa in a few months and said I was married to her and was denied visa after a brief interview. Now she is proposing for a K1 fiance visa application which of course will be in contradiction to my previous application at the consulate.
Please what solution can u proffer to lift this bottleneck.
I know I should have gone through the K1 first, I was completely naive of the process.
In addition I used my surname in place of hers for spouse's full name and address and place of Origin was Nigeria as I thought mine would suffice in the eventuality of marriage.
Your speedy response will be profoundly appreciated.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (229)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.