Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818114 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hello igwemesh. You can discuss your travel history at the interview.

igwemesh:
thank you for the response

i completely finished filling my DS 160 form and have a date for my interview ..but while i was filling the form ..i stated that i had been to Benin republic which i went to in d year 2014 to buy my car without a passport..and my passport was issued in 2016...can this be used against me since the passport is newer to when i traveled to Benin..my passport was not stamped.. i only entered Benin with a slip given to me at the road boarder ..Benin is just about 20km away from my house..

can i just explain myself to the consular in charge when i get there or fill another ds 160 form.. my interview is middle next month

thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
You are welcome to appear at the interview with your nephew. Again, minors typically qualify through their parents. Appearance by the parents and/or evidence showing that you are the legal guardian may be required.

Teslas:

Thanks Abujaniv,

The father is no more and my sister has remarried with a different surname and the new husband is not ready to adopt him. but my nephew is using his father surname because he has his primary school and secondary school certificate with that.

Please what will i do in this case. Note: My guardian document is a court order from Lagos Island high court in Lagos.

Please Advice
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hello daddyfisayo. Your question was answered. As to your income, your recent comment on another thread (Practically all income I earned is use for buying fuel to power my generator everyday,portable water and visit mechanic place to repair my car) indicates that you may be stretched to afford international travel.

daddyfisayo2015:
Morning sir, you are yet to respond to my enquiry as per the implication of changing the income stated from all other sources and primary employment income in previous application to the income that is attached to my main primary employment income only in my new application. And must the income be in Net pay or Annual pay. Hoping to get back response soon

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by listaby(f): 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello listaby. Anytime actual travel deviates from what is declared in the interview/application, it invites greater scrutiny. There is no valid procedure for changing your purpose of travel to childbirth after the interview. Applicants are expected to declare such intent at the interview and also at the port of entry.

I think you misunderstood my question. In 2013 when I obtained the visa to attend my sister's graduation, I actually used it for that purpose and was not married at that time. However because in 2015 the visa was still valid, and was now married and pregnant, I decided to inform the embassy that i will be using that same valid visa to go ad have my baby but i ended up not using it at all cos of the medical issue i talked about. will the fact that I didn't travel to have the baby at that time make them refuse me another visa to attend my sister's wedding next year?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Teslas: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
abujaniv:
You are welcome to appear at the interview with your nephew. Again, minors typically qualify through their parents. Appearance by the parents and/or evidence showing that you are the legal guardian may be required.

Thanks a lot for the response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Amicable24: 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hello abujaniv, LagosNIV,

I have a question for my friend please. She applied to a University for Fall 2017, the admission was given, I-20 sent and SEVIS number issued but she wasn't able to meet up with the school's admission date although she has already gotten visa. The University advised she reapplies for Spring term which she has done already. But now, they are issuing a new I-20 with a new SEVIS number different from the one on her visa.

Can she travel to USA with the visa that bears the old SEVIS number or she has to go back to the embassy to rectify it?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2017
Informing the Embassy or Consulate at some time after your interview of your intent to have a baby has no effect, so your subsequent decision to not have the baby in the US will have no impact on a subsequent visa application.

LagosNIV

listaby:

I think you misunderstood my question. In 2013 when I obtained the visa to attend my sister's graduation, I actually used it for that purpose and was not married at that time. However because in 2015 the visa was still valid, and was now married and pregnant, I decided to inform the embassy that i will be using that same valid visa to go ad have my baby but i ended up not using it at all cos of the medical issue i talked about. will the fact that I didn't travel to have the baby at that time make them refuse me another visa to attend my sister's wedding next year?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by righturn: 8:54am On Nov 25, 2017
Dear Sir,

Please I need advice, i applied to two schools for spring 2018, one school gave me an offer over a month ago, i tried waiting for the other school as it is my preferred option but they delayed in making a decision. Since appointment availability were running out, I paid sevis fee with the first school i-20, filled DS-160 with it and booked an appointment(In December) with the details of the first school. My issue now is I just got an offer from my preferred school some days ago with a new form I-20 with a different Sevis ID number. I need advice on what to do to still attend the school with the new offer. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
Dear LagosNIV, I have a question please.

I had a B1/B2 visa which I got in Mar 2015. In the DS160, I chose B1/B2 and stated my sibling's details as my US contact. At the interview, my main reason for travel was to visit my brother.

I was in the U.S. for a week in Feb 2017; I attended a work conference and also visited my sibling.

I renewed my visa via dropbox in Apr 2017 and my current visa expires in April 2019.

I got pregnant in Jul 2018 - after the dropbox renewal - and now want to give birth in the U.S. I've actually started completing another DS160 in order to attend another interview to make this medical intention known and to accurately present my intentions. However, I've discovered that the answers on my new DS160 are exactly the same as before except date of travel and time to be spent in the U.S. I will be choosing B1/B2 again (not only B2) because I may need to travel for work conferences and would also like to visit my sibling in the course of the 2 year period. My objective is just to get the fact that I will be using the visa for all the B1/B2 purposes into my records via an interview i.e. I will use it for medical, to visit my sibling and also for work conferences. I realise that the border officials may not prevent me from entering the U.S. but I would not like to be seen as someone who misrepresented themselves at subsequent visa renewals.

My question is should I go ahead and schedule an interview or just use the visa as it is? Is there any other way of advising the officials of my multiple intentions other than scheduling another interview? Thanks very much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 25, 2017
Fill out a new DS-160 with the updated information and associate it with your appointment. Call the customer service line if you need assistance with this. Explain the situation to the officer who interviews you.

LagosNIV

righturn:
Dear Sir,

Please I need advice, i applied to two schools for spring 2018, one school gave me an offer over a month ago, i tried waiting for the other school as it is my preferred option but they delayed in making a decision. Since appointment availability were running out, I paid sevis fee with the first school i-20, filled DS-160 with it and booked an appointment(In December) with the details of the first school. My issue now is I just got an offer from my preferred school some days ago with a new form I-20 with a different Sevis ID number. I need advice on what to do to still attend the school with the new offer. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2017
Hello mamaron -

There is no way to officially disclose your dual intent other than to have a new interview. Don't worry about the choice between B2 and B1/B2.
As the requirements for both B1 and B2 are essentially the same, if anyone applies for either B1 or B2 we treat it as an application for a B1/B2.

LagosNIV

mamaron:
Dear LagosNIV, I have a question please.

I had a B1/B2 visa which I got in Mar 2015. In the DS160, I chose B1/B2 and stated my sibling's details as my US contact. At the interview, my main reason for travel was to visit my brother.

I was in the U.S. for a week in Feb 2017; I attended a work conference and also visited my sibling.

I renewed my visa via dropbox in Apr 2017 and my current visa expires in April 2019.

I got pregnant in Jul 2018 - after the dropbox renewal - and now want to give birth in the U.S. I've actually started completing another DS160 in order to attend another interview to make this medical intention known and to accurately present my intentions. However, I've discovered that the answers on my new DS160 are exactly the same as before except date of travel and time to be spent in the U.S. I will be choosing B1/B2 again (not only B2) because I may need to travel for work conferences and would also like to visit my sibling in the course of the 2 year period. My objective is just to get the fact that I will be using the visa for all the B1/B2 purposes into my records via an interview i.e. I will use it for medical, to visit my sibling and also for work conferences. I realise that the border officials may not prevent me from entering the U.S. but I would not like to be seen as someone who misrepresented themselves at subsequent visa renewals.

My question is should I go ahead and schedule an interview or just use the visa as it is? Is there any other way of advising the officials of my multiple intentions other than scheduling another interview? Thanks very much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
Thanks so much for responding.

I'll do just that.

LagosNIV:
Hello mamaron -

There is no way to officially disclose your dual intent other than to have a new interview. Don't worry about the choice between B2 and B1/B2.
As the requirements for both B1 and B2 are essentially the same, if anyone applies for either B1 or B2 we treat it as an application for a B1/B2.

LagosNIV

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deleazeezmay9(m): 8:45am On Nov 27, 2017
I applied for a shengen visa (France) but I was being denied. Will that been an issue if I want to apply for America visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Amicable24: 10:24am On Nov 27, 2017
Amicable24:
Hello abujaniv, LagosNIV,

I have a question for my friend please. She applied to a University for Fall 2017, the admission was given, I-20 sent and SEVIS number issued but she wasn't able to meet up with the school's admission date although she has already gotten visa. The University advised she reapplies for Spring term which she has done already. But now, they are issuing a new I-20 with a new SEVIS number different from the one on her visa.

Can she travel to USA with the visa that bears the old SEVIS number or she has to go back to the embassy to rectify it?

Hello abujaniv, lagosniv et al
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deleazeezmay9(m): 12:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
deleazeezmay9:
I applied for a shengen visa (France) but I was being denied. Will that been an issue if I want to apply for America visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Raregene: 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2017
hello abujaniv
I found out today that I filled my First name on the Native name box instead of given names. I filled only my Middle name on my given Name . I have submitted my Ds 160 and I have an appointment this week, what can I do to rectify this?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Efielu: 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
Good evening Sir/Madam,

Please, I need your honest advice on an error I made why filling the Ds160 form online. I just realised that in the place of birth, I mistakenly omitted the town I was born. I only filled the City, State and Country. (Example: Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria).

But on my International passport, I have it written as "Town", City, State and Country. (Example : Ugo, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria ).

I already submitted the form before I noticed it.

Please, will this have a negative effect? ?

I humbly await your reply. . . Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dahmeyjay: 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
Good day Sir, please can we apply for U.S visa as a couple without marriage certificate? Although we have done our traditional wedding without any Official wedding certificate. Please I need your advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fxfx: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2017
Hi VO,

Thanks once again for your response. It is quiet helpful. As earlier mentioned, I have been a frequent visitor to the u.s and my wife has a LPR currently residing at the u.s. My kids are citizen residing with me here in Nigeria. I applied again for NIV but was however denied. Will it make a difference in my application if my wife later in future move back in Nigeria to live with us? I don’t want to waste any more money applying again.

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by concho(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2017
Please,
I will be going to the USA for a training coming up in march 2018. I have paid my visa fee and also done with my Ds160. I do not know if i should schedule my interview for jan or feb ? Please help a brother
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deleazeezmay9(m): 11:24am On Nov 28, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hello friends -

Many of the questions which have been posted recently are very specific to your unique circumstances and are asking about how things will impact your chances for issuance of a visa. We do not comment on individual cases nor do we comment what your chances may be outside of a visa interview.

If you have made errors on your DS-160 (or if the agent you hired has made errors, as I find it hard to believe that so many people have suddenly forgotten basic biographical information about themselves while filling out their applications), you should either (1) fill out a new DS-160 and associate it with your appointment, or (2) point out the error to the consular officer at your interview. Ultimately you are responsible to ensure that the information you present to the United States is accurate.

LagosNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Elsharon: 9:30am On Nov 29, 2017
Hello VO,
I kindly need to clarify an issue. we applied for a B1/B2 visa sometime in 2014 and we actually used the visa for the purpose which was tourism in April 2014. I now got pregnant almost the same time we got the visa. In August 2015 we all travel (myself, toddler and husband) to have the baby. However before then, we had written the consulate about our intention to have the baby months before the travel date. Now fast forward to 2017 the Visa expired in Feb. My husband now applied for just himself as he had an emergency work trip. My self and toddler now did out drop box in June. Passport was returned and was asked to schedule an interview but the interview was just for me as they didn't include my toddler. The visa was denied after the whole story telling but unfortunately i forgot to mention to them that we had written the consulate to inform them of our intent of having a baby in the US. After some weeks my husband scheduled for our toddler and he went with her and the visa was granted.. Now i want to reapply but i don't know if i am to do a drop box or to start a fresh application.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
If your most recent visa application was refused you are not eligible for dropbox and you must schedule an interview.

LagosNIV

Elsharon:
Hello VO,
I kindly need to clarify an issue. we applied for a B1/B2 visa sometime in 2014 and we actually used the visa for the purpose which was tourism in April 2014. I now got pregnant almost the same time we got the visa. In August 2015 we all travel (myself, toddler and husband) to have the baby. However before then, we had written the consulate about our intention to have the baby months before the travel date. Now fast forward to 2017 the Visa expired in Feb. My husband now applied for just himself as he had an emergency work trip. My self and toddler now did out drop box in June. Passport was returned and was asked to schedule an interview but the interview was just for me as they didn't include my toddler. The visa was denied after the whole story telling but unfortunately i forgot to mention to them that we had written the consulate to inform them of our intent of having a baby in the US. After some weeks my husband scheduled for our toddler and he went with her and the visa was granted.. Now i want to reapply but i don't know if i am to do a drop box or to start a fresh application.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Aspentrails96(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Can i continue my ds 160 application without uploading my photo?@ lagosniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
Hello Aspentrails96 -

Our computers will allow you to schedule an interview without doing so. However, if you have not uploaded a photo you will not be allowed in to the interview hall. To avoid wasting your time, I encourage you to ensure that a compliant photo has been uploaded.

LagosNIV

Aspentrails96:
Can i continue my ds 160 application without uploading my photo?@ lagosniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Oluwadamilola89: 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
A big shout out to all those who have contributed greatly to the forum. Been a silent reader of this forum. I will like to find out is it possible for one to be pregnant and get to find out close to 4th month. No pregnancy signs, not even in any way looking pregnant as stomach is as flat as a piece of slice bread. I have Google's search and I saw so many replies stating the possibilities. I even read a. Particular which states 1 in 450women don't know they are pregnant till 5month while 1 in about 1,000 don't know why they are pregnant till they are due for labor. Am a bit confused though doctor says all is fine, scan results reveal baby is doing well . Now I want to apply strictly for B2 (childbirth) next year as EDD is May. Informed my sis last week and she's already helping me with getting a correspondence and cost of child birth in Indiana as that's her base.
Now the issue is?

How do I present my case to the VO as I didn't know I was pregnant initially? (Or say it's to my advantage the visa wasn't granted as am not even ready to go tru the change of intent,poe and renewal denials palava)......

When do you advise I schedule a visa interview appointment?( though am thinking of picking a date late Jan or early Feb) more so I need your contributions what went wrong when I went for my b1b2 visa interview on 9th Nov, location was Abuja but was declined, Here goes my transcript:

VO: Good morning. passports pls ( me hands it over to him.) your occupation?

Me: Am a French language instructor at xxxxxy, Im also a co-presenter a French program on radio Unilag 103.1fm, holds on Saturday's 12noon-12:30pm and I also own a business where I supply stationeries in wholesales and retails (sponsor on my DS160form is hubby)
VO: have you travelled out of the country before?

Me: yes . Travelled to Benin republic almost on a yearly basis on excursion almost on a yearly basis with KY students.

VO: OK. why are you going to the US?
Me: to attend my elder sister's graduation ceremony at xxxxxxxxx

VO: how long to you intend to stay in US?

Me : one week so I can quickly return to prepare my students for this year's first trimester examination.

VO: Your sisters status in the USA?

Me: LPR. She met her blhubby while schooling and they got married.

VO: so how long has she been in the USA?

Me: 5 yrs

VO: Does that mean she's been studying nursing for 5years?

Me: I said no, that she studied another course before moving to nursing

VO: which course?

Me: Mathematics

VO: any correlation between nursing and maths... ( him thinking and trying to figure out) ....hmmmmm OK. Do you have any child/ children?

Me : No I don't

VO: Are you expecting any?

Me : Non for now but hubby and I are hoping to have one soon.

VO: Am sorry your visa can't be approved at this time. (then he hands me a pink copy section 214b stating reason for the rejection )
Na so I carry my file waka was so sad....

Biko make una forgive my long post but I just have to explain my situation clearly. Im earnestly looking forward to your replies to my case oo.......
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hello Oluwadamilola89. This is not a forum for hypothetical medical questions. Anytime the purpose of travel varies greatly from one interview to another in a short period of time, it does raise questions as to the applicant's credibility.

You are welcome to apply again at any time. Considering that your current medical intent is orders of magnitude more expensive than your previously declared purpose of travel, your finances are likely to be an issue.

Oluwadamilola89:
A big shout out to all those who have contributed greatly to the forum. Been a silent reader of this forum. I will like to find out is it possible for one to be pregnant and get to find out close to 4th month. No pregnancy signs, not even in any way looking pregnant as stomach is as flat as a piece of slice bread. I have Google's search and I saw so many replies stating the possibilities. I even read a. Particular which states 1 in 450women don't know they are pregnant till 5month while 1 in about 1,000 don't know why they are pregnant till they are due for labor. Am a bit confused though doctor says all is fine, scan results reveal baby is doing well . Now I want to apply strictly for B2 (childbirth) next year as EDD is May. Informed my sis last week and she's already helping me with getting a correspondence and cost of child birth in Indiana as that's her base.
Now the issue is?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anizi(f): 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
Good evening, please i have a question.

My kids are American citizens, my husband plans on buying a house in the Us, but that's on hold for now as we want to find out if it's possible for the kids to go to school in the USA.

Our intent is that I go with them, i have a NIV for 5 yrs get them registered in a school and leave with them every 6 months for a few days and return again. Would this in any way be an issue, would it affect my renewal, is this legal?
I do not plan on working as my husband would take full responsibility of all bills, we plan on paying full payment for the house as we are not entitled to a mortgage.
Our kids are young(8 And 5) and so we do not want to leave them in care of anyone.
LAGOSNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Midegoldace(f): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
Will it be okay if the sponsor mentioned in my bank statement submitted to the university for issuance of I-20 differ from the sponsor I will be showing for the visa interview? Will this cause any trouble?

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.