Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817248 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by doughng: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hi abujaniv,

I'm a Nigerian living abroad. I was offered a trainee position at a company in the US, and the exchange organization have already started the application for a J-1 visa. In any case I move back to Nigeria before the J-1 is issued, is it possible to pick it up in US embassy in Nigeria or have the application transfered to the US embassy in Nigeria?

regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Okontami: 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
abujaniv:

Greetings Mr B,

We don't comment on specific cases. We like it when people tell us the truth in their applications, especially concerning prior refusals. Applicants are welcome to apply anywhere, but the consular officer is reuired to determine a person's ties to their home country--this often becomes more difficult when someone's not applying in their home country.
Dear VO, consider an expatriate who have more ties to his country of operation (The country he is working) than Nigeria, what is the possibility of getting a VISA. This is the case of a lot of Nigerians working in Blue chip companies across Africa , Qatar and South America. When we apply for VISA in these countries, we are requested to come home. It should be clear that most of us have more ties to our bases than Nigeria. Our families are living with us in our operational area, major part of our salaries is paid in our operational area.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by meggy11: 7:41am On Jul 24, 2014
Hello, having trouble scheduling an appointment. Reply from the sys keeps saying they have my details on their database and using same email address. The issue is I can't remember d password.the sys asked me to choose "forgot password" which I did and they sent me a temporal password which I used and was asked to change to a new one immediately, which I did yet it keeps taking me back to my details are in their database. What should I do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by emiabia(m): 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
Good day vo, my question is how true is the widely held notion that if one has never travelled out of nigeria before he cannot get a visa to go on vacation to the U.S.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dansy(f): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pls what are the questions ask at the point of entry USA and other information
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LUCAS99: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dear abujaniv I'm a Nigerian living abroad please do I have to be physically present in Nigeria inorder to renew my F-1 Student visa through the Dropbox Renewal Service program or can I ask my sibling or friend to drop off the application confirmation sheet, passport photos, visa fee receipt, and appropriate forms to one of the DHL facilities in Abuja or Lagos.And when the visa is ready my sibling or sister can collect the passport with the visa attached on my behalf and mail it back to me in the United States.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mathlaw: 7:42am On Jul 26, 2014
Dear Visa Officer,we appreciate your precious time here.Pls i need your advice here,i paid for Non-immigration Visa fee for my wife at GT Bank and it was when she came back from work i realised i used her old passport that she was using before we got married which is even expired instead of her new passport copy to pay for the Visa fee.
The only difference frm my old passort and new pssport is the surname,the old passport bear my father's name before i got married and my new passport bear my husband name and my old passort is even expired,infact the bank cashier didn't even notice that it has expired when paying for the fee.
When i went back to bank to notify them i was told they can't do anythin on it again that i can still use the payment reference number so far is only the surname that is difference.Pls what can you advice on it.I will wait for ur reply urgently.Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by us5abi: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hello Dear VO,
My brother file F4 visa,i use to live in USA,i left USA May 2008,which is now 6 years.i have 13 year tax return,no criminal record.I had 10y unlawful bar.My parents immigrant to USA as well.My PD July 2002.But my parents got two year permission and they living in overseas for medical purpose, because they can't afford medical insurance.Can they apply waiver for extreme hardship from overseas.what is your opinion,how many % chances to approved?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Hollawhalley: 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
My question goes does, I applied for an f1 visa and I was denied on the 25th of July,, I want to ask if I am legible to apply for a expedited visa interview cause my resumption date is in the middle of August and I need to make another interview as soon as possible
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Hollawhalley: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dear VO, My question goes does, I applied for an f1 visa and I was denied on the 25th of July,, I want to ask if I am legible to apply for a expedited visa interview cause my resumption date is in the middle of August and I need to make another interview as soon as possible
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Smalu: 12:37am On Jul 27, 2014
Good day VO,
Thank you for the good work.

Some hospitals offer some discounts for self pay, uninsured patients and for the patients paying cash for their hospital bills. Please will these be deemed as utilizing Public Fund. We will be traveling to USA to deliver our baby and we want to be careful not to use Public funds.

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nicklutz(m): 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
Good day VO,
I would like to know the chances someone has in getting a visa for an MSC in the USA, if the sponsor of the individual, resides in the USA and he/she is an extended family...
thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by marymary14(f): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2014
Good morning VO, my sister was born in the US but hasn't gone there ever since, and now she wants to travel and also give birth to her baby over there, just want to find out the necessary steps she should take.

Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
TK2014: Good afternoon, I am new on this forum, but had a bit of oppoturnity to read some comment under the section of 'Give birth in the USA cost and procedure' before the forum crashed.
Please I went for an interview on Tuesday July 15 with my husband and son at Abuja and my reason for wanting to travel to the USA was to give birth , the VO requested if i have any correspondece with any hospital and which state. i showed the VO evidence of part payment of my medical bill to the hospital, th hospital's letter of responsibilty and the mail correspondences i have had with the hospital, the VO gave me a form which stated that further admistrative process need to be conducted and they would revert back to us. someone suggested that I should call the embassy and not wait, please i would like to know if i can go ahead to call and what number i can call, also my due dat is September which makes it difficult for me to just wait and do nothing. i would like to now may fate and know what next of action to take.

You can always call or write to the Embassy to inquire if your matter is urgent. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
meggy11: Hello, having trouble scheduling an appointment. Reply from the sys keeps saying they have my details on their database and using same email address. The issue is I can't remember d password.the sys asked me to choose "forgot password" which I did and they sent me a temporal password which I used and was asked to change to a new one immediately, which I did yet it keeps taking me back to my details are in their database. What should I do?

Try calling the call centre at 09-460-1748. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
emiabia: Good day vo, my question is how true is the widely held notion that if one has never travelled out of nigeria before he cannot get a visa to go on vacation to the U.S.
Thank you.

VOs assess ties to Nigeria during a visa interview, and travel outside of Nigeria is one factor taken into consideration. It's certainly not true that prior travel is required to get a visa, however.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hollawhalley:
My question goes does, I applied for an f1 visa and I was denied on the 25th of July,, I want to ask if I am legible to apply for a expedited visa interview cause my resumption date is in the middle of August and I need to make another interview as soon as possible

You cannot apply for an expedited visa interview if you have been refused in the last six months. You can, however, ask the school for a new I-20 starting another semester before applying again.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
@abujaniv

Sorry SpamBot got you, unbanned now though.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by charzyh2: 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
abujaniv: Hello, Nairaland! Our last thread was lost due to the Nairaland data loss, so we're re-starting the Non-Immigrant Visa discussion.

We are U.S. Foreign Service Officers working in Abuja and Lagos. We'll be happy to answer as many of your Non-Immigrant Visa questions as possible. Please note that we do not comment on specific cases, we do not offer advice, and we will not answer abusive or insulting posts.

While we will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies and provide overall visa application guidance, any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

There is a separate Immigrant and Diversity Visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s., also handled by a U.S. Foreign Service Officers in Nigeria, so please use this thread only for questions about Non-Immigrant Visas.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Our best,
AbujaNIV

after my ND in september I want to visit US for tourism in December. Please, can my one year IT letters and documents from school stand as a strong tie to Nigeria?
Thank you sir.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
Dear v.o, my mum was refused visa on the 21st under section 214(b) and I want her to reapply maybe next week and I will like to reapply with her as I have also made a trip out of the country but not to the U.S, please I need your advice is it really advisable? Because my mum said the interviewing officer kept asking who she was travelling with and she said nobody and later he asked again and again
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Graviton2(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello, AbujaNIV.

I must commend your work and kind replies. God bless you for your time and help to people on here.

I would like to know if a student who has already acquired an F1 visa but couldn't meet up with his study program at a US university because of the school's refusal to defer his admission. The school is stating that they will cancel his i-20 if he doesn't report show up by this year, this is difficult owing to some unexpected circumstances.

I would like to know if the student can still apply to a new university and use their i-20 to enter the US with the same visa for his studies at the new university for fall next year.

Please note: The student is still in Nigeria and has no intention of entering the US illegally.

I look forward to your reply. God bless. cheesy
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sisit: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
Goodday VO_would like to know if it is possible to cancel my appointment 24hrs to my interview date. Many thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by vitodorado: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
@ abujaniv. I have been following this thread for a while and i quite commend this initiative from the consulate and also your tireless efforts to address almost all issues.

Please i would like to have some bit of information on the drop box renewal process. My visa expired since May this year and would want to know how to go about it and considering what your consular General was saying on Channels Tv some days back, i kinda feel discouraged to even think of renewing my visa for the 4th time. I would most appreciate your timely feedback on this.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TK2014: 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
abujaniv:

You can always call or write to the Embassy to inquire if your matter is urgent. Good luck!

I have sent mail to the mail address found on the website and also called. I have not gotten any reponse. The two times I called the number i was just informed that they would revert back as stated in the processsing form given to me. My issue here is that my expected due date is getting close and I dont know what to do
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
Good afternoon.

I wish to find out if my wife is also eligible for the dropbox renewal program if we make a joint application.

I have previously been issued B1/B2 visas with the most recent visa expiring in a few days.

The information on renewals contained here ---> http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_renewals.html states that she is qualified for the renewal category but based on the information here ---> http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html which states my eligibility, it isn't clear whether she is qualified to use the dropbox as she has not previously applied for a US visa.

Thank you for your time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 05, 2014
@ vo
Thanks for your input and your response.

i have got few urgent questions for you. i applied for B1/B2 visa sometimes in july and am yet to get my visa, i sent a mail to the consular and i was told there is a technical problem with its visa processing that i will get my passport as soon as they are settled with the issues, the problem now is am getting married on the 22nd and 23rd of August i was suppose to travel early August and return by mid august in order for me to shop, get some goodies for my new home and return for my weding. (just took few days off frm work) but since the visa is delayed can i use my visa later in the year, as i am pregnant and due in december.
Please advise what i have to do, do i have to write to the consular or proceed on the trip and show them my financial capabilites at PoE. i want to be as honest as possible, i dont want to be rejected, please help.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ekpotek: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hi Vo,

My visit Visa was approved yesterday. The VO gave me a white paper with instruction where to collect the my passport. The question is do I go there with other form of identification, as I was not given any collection stub number, as written in the white paper.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
@abujaniv as decided not to answer us again o , we have pressing questions to ask.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aolatunde00: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
Good evening ma"am.
My husband and I are renewing our US visas and are qualified for the Dropbox application.When booking our appointments though,the system asked for my first name and I gave just that without my middle name which is also on my passport.
My ds-160,gtbank receipt and passports(previous and present) all have my surname,first name and middle name.
The appointment confirmation page has my surname and first name only.
Should I be worried?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by osablink: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello VO
How long can I use a nonimmgrant visa. Can I use a non immigrant visa for both working and schooling

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.