Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817106 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adebobo77: 3:11am On Sep 11, 2014
Good day,

Please i would like to know how long it takes to hear back from USCIS. My fiancee went for a K1 interview in March and she was denied, but was given a 221g paper. I did all necessary inquiries and the package has been sent back to USCIS. So how long will it take to hear back from USCIS. It is now going to 3 months. And is it advisable to file I-130 while still waiting from the USCIS.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sonofGod11: 7:24am On Sep 11, 2014
Hello abujaniv.
I applied for a us visa last month and was placed on administrative processing. I was later denied.

Am a youth corp member but someone told me I wouldn't be granted the visa if I told the truth about my status, so I lied. So I guess the embassy found out.

Now I intend to reapply and tell the truth about me being a corp member cos I just found out from my CLO that we corpers can actually travel out provided they are informed. silly me

My problem now is how to redeem myself at the embassy. I know this has casted doubt on my credibility. Is there a way to get out of this quagmire or have I been banned? Pls advice on what to do. I was only naive and uninformed.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ducan: 7:47am On Sep 11, 2014
Greetings . I appreciate and heartedly thank you for your tremendous support to us. I have a question as to my interview coming in 2 weeks. My aunt sent an invitation for me to participate in her ceremony in Michigan. My question is, what are the necessary things that I need for my interview. I am employed for two months now and am graduate. I applied for 14 days b1 visa.my aunt will be my sponsor. Thank you Sir for reading and replying my question.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
gabriellefrance: Good morning. I just discovered Nairaland and thank you for your great jobs here.

This is my second post as i posted first in the immigrant threads.

So here we are:

I am a french national, my parents became US citizen and filled for me a visa FB - unmarried daughter over 21.
- case pending at the USCIS,
- priority date is october 2011
- current priority date will be around 2020 if going trhough to the NVC.

Ma question is: can i ask for a H-1 visa and work for my dad right now? As he needs me to deal with his businessin the USA?
if so, would i still be entitled to the FB1 visa when my priority date become current?
If so, what is the best time to apply for the H-1 visa?

I would like to precise that i would not overstay once my H-1 will expire because I want to make my visa petition properly.

but coming to the USA will gather all my family and my chances of earning more money.

thank you for reading and answering

We cannot comment on specific cases; however, I can tell you generally that you can apply for an H-1B petition while you're immigrant petition is pending. Applying for an H1-B will not impact your immigrant petition. That being said, the individual interviewer will have to make a determination during your interview if you are qualified for the H-1B visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
SMARTRON: hello VO:
Good afternoon. i am new here though. i will like to find out how soon me and my family can re apply for a visiting visa to united state after our last application was refused last march on the grounds that we are yet to travel a family. still have 14 days extended leave and my wife 10 days left of her annual leave.although we are not desperate but i would like to mark my wife's 40th birthday with her and our daughter in the state.

There is not a specific time that you are required to wait before you can apply for a B1/B2 visa after being denied a visa; however, if your application did not meet the requirements during your last interview you might want to wait until there is a substantial change to your overall circumstances that might make you eligible for a visa with your new application.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
VCTROKOYE: Hi. I am presently studying in Canada. Sometime last year when my visa was about 6 months to expire, I went to US embassy here in Canada for b1/b2 visa, but I was denied. The consular officer only asked me few questions and drew a conclusion that I was not qualified. He asked if I had someone in Canada and I replied no. He also asked about my parents residence. But my dad is late while my mum stays presently in US as a permanent resident. Anyway I gave him the right answer. He typed for a while and he told me that I was not qualified. He told me that he did not have anything against me and that I could re-apply. But he advised me to allow my situation to change before doing so.
I know my mum had applied for my f2b visa. My brother and my sisters are living in US as citizens. But then, I have traveled to UK on three different occasions although it was even before I traveled to Canada for my education. Right now, I have extended my study permit by two years. Please, I don't know if my situation has changed. Thanks for your good work.

We cannot comment on specific cases - the decision about your visa will be made by the visa officer who interviews you at the Embassy that you visit. If you think that your circumstances have changed significantly then you should apply again, but if not then you should wait until you think that your circumstances have changed.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
adebobo77: Good day,

Please i would like to know how long it takes to hear back from USCIS. My fiancee went for a K1 interview in March and she was denied, but was given a 221g paper. I did all necessary inquiries and the package has been sent back to USCIS. So how long will it take to hear back from USCIS. It is now going to 3 months. And is it advisable to file I-130 while still waiting from the USCIS.

This is a question for my Immigrant Visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ginomel(m): 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
I appreciate your wonderful response on this thread.

What if one works outside the country and wants to visit US during a one month leave, how long does it take to do an application and approval to enable the person meet the one month deadline for the visa issuance and vacation.?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
sonofGod11: Hello abujaniv.
I applied for a us visa last month and was placed on administrative processing. I was later denied.

Am a youth corp member but someone told me I wouldn't be granted the visa if I told the truth about my status, so I lied. So I guess the embassy found out.

Now I intend to reapply and tell the truth about me being a corp member cos I just found out from my CLO that we corpers can actually travel out provided they are informed. silly me

My problem now is how to redeem myself at the embassy. I know this has casted doubt on my credibility. Is there a way to get out of this quagmire or have I been banned? Pls advice on what to do. I was only naive and uninformed.

We cannot comment on specific cases - all we can say is that you should go into your visa interview and answer all of the questions honestly. If you did not do so in the past then you should make sure to do so in the future. Honesty is always the best policy.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ginomel(m): 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ginomel: I appreciate your wonderful response on this thread.
What if one works outside the country and wants to visit US during a one month leave, how long does it take to do an application and approval to enable the person meet the one month deadline for the visa issuance and vacation.?

Abujaniv, waiting for your response, I mean coming to Nigeria to do the application
The time for the application to approval.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dammy1102(m): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
Home country is the best place to apply for most visas including USA, Time interval is dependent on available dates on the appointment website.

Pay for visa fee to view available dates. You can schedule your leave around the dates available. Visa approval at your interview.

Ginomel:

Abujaniv, waiting for your response, I mean coming to Nigeria to do the application
The time for the application to approval.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ginomel(m): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thanks Dammy.

I got that.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Guidette(f): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
abujaniv:

You can put either one on your application, but be sure to explain your situation at the interview.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by thesewa: 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
Good Day VO,
I am pregnant and want to travel to US for my baby delivery.
I av gotten the hospital I want to use in US and av gotten the doctor’s appointment and their bills sent to me.av also gotten all the neccessary document to take to the embassy but where the problem is,that I applied last month wit my husband and my daughter that we were going for vacation,which we were denied based on not having a strong tie to our country.when we applied then I stated dat am not employed at d moment but now I want to apply alone on the ground that I want to go and av my baby ,but I want to state it that am doing business which is selling of cloth but I don't have a shop.thou is my husband that is sponsoring the trip but I have my own statement which I will be attaching to it to show I av monthly income dat goes into the account.pls I need ur advise urgently before I submit the form. I stated in the previous application that I am housewife but with Master Degree & attending French Class. Should I state that I am doing business from my house without shop and registration with Government.so what should I choose as my primary occupation

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MechM(m): 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Good day,

Please can anyone tell me where I can find passport book number on Nigerian passport, that is if it is applicable, thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kuzeh: 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hi VO,
After filling my ds160 form I discovered my appointment date is later than my travel date which also means my duration of stay would change.
Do I fill another form?
Please advise
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ducan: 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
Greetings dear kind and good patriots. please I will appreciate your prompt replys on this thread. I have a question as to my interview coming in 2 weeks. My aunt sent an invitation for me to participate in her ceremony in Michigan. My question is, what are the necessary things that I need for my interview. I am employed for two months now and am graduate. I applied for 14 days b1 visas. My aunt will be my sponsor. Thank you dear friends.
reading and replying my question.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kuzeh: 8:15am On Sep 14, 2014
Hi,
I filled and submitted my ds 160 form with travel date as 10th September and 3 months as duration of stay but after submitting my form the appointment date available was 22nd September, which has changed my travel date to 2nd October and reduced my length of stay to 9weeks.
Do I fill another form or explain to the VO at the time of the interview?
Please assist me, I'm confused
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hello Visa Officer, I have plans to enroll for a 5 week mud engineering course in California . I want to know what category of visa I should apply for. I have to pay the tuition fees before coming to the US and I would like to know the chances of getting a visa this time around because I have been denied twice for visit visa.
I am scared of loosing my money to the school if denied because the school operates a non refundable policy
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
thesewa: Good Day VO,
I am pregnant and want to travel to US for my baby delivery.
I av gotten the hospital I want to use in US and av gotten the doctor’s appointment and their bills sent to me.av also gotten all the neccessary document to take to the embassy but where the problem is,that I applied last month wit my husband and my daughter that we were going for vacation,which we were denied based on not having a strong tie to our country.when we applied then I stated dat am not employed at d moment but now I want to apply alone on the ground that I want to go and av my baby ,but I want to state it that am doing business which is selling of cloth but I don't have a shop.thou is my husband that is sponsoring the trip but I have my own statement which I will be attaching to it to show I av monthly income dat goes into the account.pls I need ur advise urgently before I submit the form. I stated in the previous application that I am housewife but with Master Degree & attending French Class. Should I state that I am doing business from my house without shop and registration with Government.so what should I choose as my primary occupation

Thank you
Good Afternoon - We cannot specifically advise you on what to say. As always, we encourage applicants to be honest - it is always the best policy. When you go in for interview, you may be asked why you have returned so quickly, as we also encourage applicants to wait at least 90 days until they reapply. This allows time for something to have changed in your situation. Be prepared to speak truthfully about your purpose of travel and your application.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
MechM: Good day,

Please can anyone tell me where I can find passport book number on Nigerian passport, that is if it is applicable, thank you.

The passport book number is found on the bio-data page of your passport (where your picture is). It is the number in the upper right hand corner.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
kuzeh: Hi VO,
After filling my ds160 form I discovered my appointment date is later than my travel date which also means my duration of stay would change.
Do I fill another form?
Please advise

You can try to request at expedited appointment. For detailed instructions and criteria for requesting an expedited appointment, please visit: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp . Your request will only be evaluated at that time.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
ducan: Greetings dear kind and good patriots. please I will appreciate your prompt replys on this thread. I have a question as to my interview coming in 2 weeks. My aunt sent an invitation for me to participate in her ceremony in Michigan. My question is, what are the necessary things that I need for my interview. I am employed for two months now and am graduate. I applied for 14 days b1 visas. My aunt will be my sponsor. Thank you dear friends.
reading and replying my question.

There are no specific items or documents you need to bring for the interview. We rely principally on the interview and the application, but you are welcome to bring any items that you believe will support your purpose of travel and ties to Nigeria. Be prepared for the fact that you may not be asked to see any of those items. Your best preparation is coming to the interview and speaking the truth!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
kuzeh: Hi,
I filled and submitted my ds 160 form with travel date as 10th September and 3 months as duration of stay but after submitting my form the appointment date available was 22nd September, which has changed my travel date to 2nd October and reduced my length of stay to 9weeks.
Do I fill another form or explain to the VO at the time of the interview?
Please assist me, I'm confused

Just explain this to the officer during your interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
MisterDan: Hello Visa Officer, I have plans to enroll for a 5 week mud engineering course in California . I want to know what category of visa I should apply for. I have to pay the tuition fees before coming to the US and I would like to know the chances of getting a visa this time around because I have been denied twice for visit visa.
I am scared of loosing my money to the school if denied because the school operates a non refundable policy
Thank you

You should apply for a B1/B2 visa. As to your chances, we cannot and will not comment on this. But we NEVER encourage applicants to outlay money for tickets, programs, or trainings before they have secured a visa. Making any such payment is done at your own risk.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Deedamzy: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Dear Sir/Ma,
I and my wife went for our interview on the 3rd of September. We got married on the 30th of August and we planned to have our honeymoon in Orlando Florida. The interview goes thus:
Co. Have u travelled before
Me. Yes but my wife has never travelled before
Co. Where?
Me. Country A B and C
Co. Where do u work
Me. Bla bla
My wife . bla bla
Co. What is your salary
Me. # bla
Co. Is madam pregnant
Me. No
The she said we did not qualified for the visa.
My major concern is my wife doesn't want to have the honeymoon elsewhere aside from united states. My question goes thus: can we still apply for the same honeymoon after 90 days? And what is our chance of getting the visa.
Waiting to read from you as soon as possible. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
abujaniv:

You should apply for a B1/B2 visa. As to your chances, we cannot and will not comment on this. But we NEVER encourage applicants to outlay money for tickets, programs, or trainings before they have secured a visa. Making any such payment is done at your own risk.

It is a known fact that some schools demand tuition fees to be sent before they accept you as a student. what then happens when the embassy demands a proof of acceptance. People have been denied visas based on such technicalities.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MechM(m): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
abujaniv:

The passport book number is found on the bio-data page of your passport (where your picture is). It is the number in the upper right hand corner.

Thanks for your response, i have already filled and submitted my D-160 form, i dont think the passport book number is applicable to Nigerian passport, so I clicked "not applicable" when filing the form. I hope to get the US Visa anyway...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Deedamzy: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
hello visa officer am waiting to read from you. please kindly respond to my post.
here is another question : pls I will like to know if it is proper to fill another Ds 160 application form or to retrieve the previous application for the next application. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by buster(m): 10:55am On Sep 16, 2014
Good day VO. I am new to this thread and I need advise. I intend travelling to the USA for a medical conference in Georgia. A well known multi national hospital in India is willing to cover all expenses including flight ticket, hotel and all other expenses. I have a letter from the hospital stating they would cover the expense. But am a little bit worried because they didn't give me their statement of account. Is the statement of account needed at the embassy or would the embassy confirm themselves. And also do I need to present my own statement of account even if am not the one paying for the trip
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Deedamzy: Dear Sir/Ma,
I and my wife went for our interview on the 3rd of September. We got married on the 30th of August and we planned to have our honeymoon in Orlando Florida. The interview goes thus:
Co. Have u travelled before
Me. Yes but my wife has never travelled before
Co. Where?
Me. Country A B and C
Co. Where do u work
Me. Bla bla
My wife . bla bla
Co. What is your salary
Me. # bla
Co. Is madam pregnant
Me. No
The she said we did not qualified for the visa.
My major concern is my wife doesn't want to have the honeymoon elsewhere aside from united states. My question goes thus: can we still apply for the same honeymoon after 90 days? And what is our chance of getting the visa.
Waiting to read from you as soon as possible. thanks

Applicants are welcome to reapply 90 days or more after their last interview, but we encourage applicants to research the section of the law under which they were refused (most commonly 214(b)), and assess whether or not anything has significantly changed in their situation that would make them more qualified to receive a visa. As to your specific chances, we cannot and will not speculate as to anyone's chances to be issued a visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.