Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,942 members, 7,803,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. - Autos (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. (262800 Views)

Clean And Lagos Clearing Tokunbo Camry For Sale 900k / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Bakrabas: 11:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Pls how much will it cost to clear Nissan Micra 1999 model?
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Justice629(m): 2:14am On Apr 11, 2022
2013 Audi Q5 and 2015 Mercedes ML350
What will it cost to clear
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 4:35am On Apr 12, 2022
Customs slashes import duty on vehicles to 20%

The Nigeria Customs Service has confirmed
the reduction of import duty on vehicles from 35 percent to 20 percent.

Customs spokesman, Timi Bomodi, who disclosed this weekend, said, “The new Common External Tariff (CET) 2022 to 2026 puts the duty for cars at 20 percent. However, we await further directives from the Federal Ministry of Finance with regards to levies.”

Bomodi explained that the CET is the harmonised system for the World Customs Organisation (WCO) for the processing of imports adopted by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) for common duty rates.

“These rates are reviewed every five years. The old ECOWAS CET expired in 2021,” he said.

He said that the new rate applies to both new and used cars imported into the country.

1 Like

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2022
Again, agents threaten to shut down seaport over introduction of 15% auto levy

After two weeks of protest over the introduction of the Vehicle Identification Number by customs officers, clearing agents have once again threatened to shut down the nation’s seaport over the introduction of a 15 per cent National Automatics Council (NAC) levy.

The federal government had provided in the finance Act 2020 for a reduction in the import levy on cars from 30 per cent to five per cent, while import duty on tractors is to drop from 35 per cent to five per cent as well as reduction on imported duty on mass transit vehicles for the transportation of more than ten persons and trucks from 35 per cent to 10 per cent respectively.

But stakeholders in the auto industry had in 2021 warned that the billions of naira invested in the nation’s automotive industry might become a waste venture if the federal government goes ahead with its plans to reduce the levy on imported vehicles from 35 per cent to five per cent without applying same on completely knockdown and semi knockdown (CKD and SKD) units.

About 35 auto assemblies’ plants were licensed between 2014 and 2020.
Worried by the decision of the Nigeria Customs Service to jack up the levy from the five per cent as recommended by government to 15 per cent on all vehicle imports through the ports, freight forwarders on Monday vowed to shut down the various Roll on Roll off (RoRo) ports in Lagos.

The group said the decision to shut down commercial activities at the seaports in Lagos was reached Monday, April 11, 2022.

Vice President of Association of Nigerian Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA), Dr Kayode Farinto, who directed members not to pay the NAC 15% Levy, described it as exploitative policy and an attempt to swindle innocent Nigerians.
“Let us collectively resist this; should you see any NAC levy whenever you want to make your declaration, do not assess this declaration. It is another attempt to swindle innocent Nigerians and force them to pay by some fifth columnist. Please resist from Monday,” he said.

Reacting to the threat, the Service National Public Relations Officer, Timi Bomodi said: “It is instructive to note that domestic fiscal policy on the importation of motor vehicles and other items is targeted at growing the local economy in these sectors. The focus of NCS is on implementation of these policies in the hope that it achieves its desired objectives in line with National Automotive Policy and other fiscal policies of government.

1 Like

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by beylinko02: 2:02am On Apr 13, 2022
johnseno:
Customs Affirms 20% Duty On Vehicles Importation::

Comptroller Kunle Oloyede, Customs Area Controller, Tin Can Island Command, Nigeria Customs Service
The Nigeria Customs Service Area Controller , Tin Can Island Command, Comptroller Kunle Oloyede has affirmed that to discourage smuggling, the federal government has reduced duty paid on imported vehicles from 35% to 20% thus may further decline in coming weeks.

Oloyede stated this when the executives of the Association of Maritime Journalists of Nigeria (AMJON) paid a courtesy visit to the Customs Command on Wednesday in Lagos.

He also informed that at assumption of office, he reel out his three points agenda to include, discipline, increase in revenue and trade facilitation.

He told the group of journalists that on his resumption at the command, he was given a daily target of N2.5 billion from the previous N1.5 billion daily target. And within barely six weeks of his being in office, despite the two weeks strike action embarked upon by freight forwarders due to the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) policy, he has increase the revenue of the Command by over N25billion.
Comptroller Oloyode said, “The revenue as at the time I got here it was N1.5bn revenue target per day. So I was given a revenue target of N2.5bn per day. And I had the first parade , I told my officers three key things in no particular order, discipline, increase in revenue and trade facilitation.

“I am also in agreement with the World Customs Organization (WCO) and the World Trade Organisation (WTO) article that says for West Africa and Africa generally, we should do low tax and high turn around time. When you have low tax and turn around, you make more revenue.

On the controversy over reduction in duty on imported used vehicles, the Controller who confirmed the reduction, stated that such move was necessary to reduce the smuggling of vehicles into the country.

According to him, the duty may drop further because by so doing, smuggling will become unattractive to the people.

“Because when you check what is happening around, its those high values, high rate of duty that allows smuggling through our ports and borders.

“Two to three days ago, the duty of vehicles dropped to 20%, government is looking at it that iwhy new vehicles pay 35% duty and old vehicles also pay 35% duty, when after giving backwards integration incentives to most of these assembling plants, we don’t have Vehicle plants that can really satisfy the demands of transport sector.

“I think that is why government in its decision decided to drop the duty and its going to drop further. From grapevine am hearing that there could be further reduction as to discontinue smuggling. We want to make smuggling not to be lucrative again, that is the way government is looking at it.

On revenue drive, Comptroller Oloyede said the management team of the command have started making moves to lure people back to the command for more revenue generation. He enthused that since his coming to the command, the revenue has improved significantly due to engagement with stakeholders

“I can tell you, when we compare revenue from the time I came in up to now, we have over N25 billion extra , compared to N24 billion it was before because I have been able to lure back people that are into bulk cargo. I have been able to convince them to come back to Josepdam terminal.

“I visited Josepdam today, I told them that my doors are open, the doors of my DC Enforcement, DC in charge of bulk cargo are open.

The CAC urged journalists on developmental reportage from well informed judgement of issues before going to the press. He commended the AMJON for carving a niche for itself, saying he noticed that there is a great difference in their reports.

“Yes you may have one or two incidents but, I always urged you to always ask from both sides before you go to the press, this will give you a very informed judgment about what we are doing.

“When we are contacted, there are certain things we need to correct the impression and there are certain things when we hear it, we need to apologise. We need to bring all parties to round table to solve problems.

“It’s a great opportunity to meet you today because am barely six weeks here” he said.
Is this reduction really reflecting on ground or is it just in paper?
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 2:54am On Apr 13, 2022
It is not on paper but they now added NAC @15% again and that is now what we the agent are not support now .
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by panifid(m): 3:30am On Apr 13, 2022
What is the total cost of clearing a 2016 Range Rover sport HSE?
Thank you.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 8:29am On Apr 13, 2022
panifid:
What is the total cost of clearing a 2016 Range Rover sport HSE?
Thank you.
Please I can't give quotation for now pending the outcome of the 15% NAC issue that is stopping agents from assessing vehicles declaration for now, thanks

1 Like

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2022
Strike Looms As Customs Re-introduce NAC Levy On Used Vehicles
ttps://bizwatchnigeria.ng/strike-looms-as-customs-re-introduce-nac-levy-on-used-vehicles/
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 4:11am On Apr 23, 2022
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Amypriti(f): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2022
Goodmorning
Pls how much for clearing ACURA MDX 2008
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2022
Amypriti:
Goodmorning
Pls how much for clearing ACURA MDX 2008
presently 950k

2 Likes

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Amypriti(f): 7:57am On Apr 27, 2022
Thank yiu
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by AlphaTaikun: 5:43am On May 25, 2022
johnseno:
We are a leading Government registered
agent in the business of import and export,
clearing and forwarding, freight handling and
haulage services based in Tin can Apapa.
Lagos. We are professionals in handling any types
of goods from any part of the world via
Airports and any seaports or bonded
terminals in Lagos.
We have reputation for swift delivery of
importers' goods to the designated
warehouse within 7 working days from the
date customs duty is paid and try as much
as possible not to incur add ups after
agreements has been reached between the
importer and the company.
In addition, we also clears cars, trucks,
buses, tractors, cranes, excavators and other
heavy duty equipments. We are also into
haulage transport business to any part of the
country and our charges are affordable.
Areas of operation includes:
* Apapa.
* Murtala Muhammed International Airport
* Kirikiri Lighter Terminal
* Tin-Can Island Container Terminal
* Ports and Cargo
* Lilypond
* All Bonded Terminals, etc
For more info, interested clients should
contact Prince Johnson on 08036240534,08081500206,pin: 7c05ac82, mail: tobaprince11@yahoo.com.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by AlphaTaikun: 5:46am On May 25, 2022
johnseno:
Customs slashes import duty on vehicles to 20%

The Nigeria Customs Service has confirmed
the reduction of import duty on vehicles from 35 percent to 20 percent.

Customs spokesman, Timi Bomodi, who disclosed this weekend, said, “The new Common External Tariff (CET) 2022 to 2026 puts the duty for cars at 20 percent. However, we await further directives from the Federal Ministry of Finance with regards to levies.”

Bomodi explained that the CET is the harmonised system for the World Customs Organisation (WCO) for the processing of imports adopted by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) for common duty rates.

“These rates are reviewed every five years. The old ECOWAS CET expired in 2021,” he said.

He said that the new rate applies to both new and used cars imported into the country.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Genevach(m): 5:43pm On May 26, 2022
johnseno:
presently 950k

2007 Toyota Camry
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by belamour(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2022
Cost of clearing land cruiser 2020
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by gobuchinny: 8:00pm On May 26, 2022
smiley
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 6:16pm On May 27, 2022
belamour:
Cost of clearing land cruiser 2020
send me the copy through my watsaap number +2348036240534
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2022
All is set for the new costs of clearing vehicles, so stay tuned, but don't forget we are the best, tested and trusted clearing agent outfit to beat
08036240534 is the number to reach out to prince Johnson.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Ogurube: 6:10am On Jun 26, 2022
Greetings, Johnson!
How much to clear:

2007 Hyundai Veracruz
2007 Toyota Corolla
2007 Honda Pilot
2015 Nissan Altima

Thanks!
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by owo4mii(m): 9:04am On Jun 26, 2022
Ogurube:
Greetings, Johnson!
How much to clear:

2007 Hyundai Veracruz
2007 Toyota Corolla
2007 Honda Pilot
2015 Nissan Altima

Thanks!

2007 Hyundai Veracruz #1.1m
2007 Toyota Corolla #950k
2007 Honda Pilot #1.350m
2015 Nissan Altima #1.550m
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2022
Containerized or Roro?
Ogurube:
Greetings, Johnson!
How much to clear:

2007 Hyundai Veracruz
2007 Toyota Corolla
2007 Honda Pilot
2015 Nissan Altima

Thanks!

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Ogurube: 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Containerized, sir!

johnseno:
Containerized or Roro?
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ogurube:
Greetings, Johnson!
How much to clear:

2007 Hyundai Veracruz @1.4m
2007 Toyota Corolla @950k
2007 Honda Pilot @1.4m
2015 Nissan Altima @ 1.2m
For more information, call 08036240534

Thanks!

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 6:05am On Jul 06, 2022
We are trusted, tested and reliable clearing and forwarding agent. Doing business with us and you will be convinced.

1 Like

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 9:18am On Jul 06, 2022
CLICK!
https://shipsandports.com.ng/port-
congestion-looms-as-importers-agents-abandon-vehicles-over-high-clearing-cost/
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Genevach(m): 9:56am On Jul 10, 2022
2009 BMW 528i clearing cost
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2022
Genevach:
2009 BMW 528i clearing cost
1.8m
08036240534 for more enquiry
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2022
Good day to all my followers, as an importer of any of the vehicles captured here, here are what you're to pay as import duty and other charges depend on the negotiations between you and your agent (clearing and agents fees)
For more information, call prince Johnson on 08036240534 also my WhatsApp number .

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by smartzee01: 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
2013 Toyota Rav4 please?
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 6:15am On Jul 27, 2022
Check your duty value

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (Reply)

BBC - Bigger Boys Club!! ***Exotic Cars Only*** / Unlock Your Car Stereo Free Here ,free Radio Unlock Codes, / Pre Order Your Car From The Usa, 40% Deposit, 21 Days Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.