Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. (2168 Views)

Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months / Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. / My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. by Dozieson(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
hello House. i have an issue with my car starting. it takes the 3rd kick starter to start-up in the morning and starts normally when the car is warm, except when you leave the car off for about 5 hours during the day.
also, the check light is showing on the dashboard. what could be the problem?
i need help please.
Re: Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
More information is required. Car make trim, scan results

More car tips
https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars-quick-response#24358753
Re: Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. by Dozieson(m): 8:09am On Jul 01, 2014
hi, please my car is toyota camry 2000 model.
what more information do you need?
Re: Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44am On Jul 01, 2014
Have your car scanned, post the codes from the scan here.
Re: Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. by mayor2013: 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
@ op have your car scanned. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837 to scan your ride. If you say your car takes about 3 cranks to start in the morning. Am looking at a situation where your Engine coolant temperature sensor has been tampered with. Anyways to be more accurate run a scan
Re: Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 02, 2014
Dozieson: hi, please my car is toyota camry 2000 model.
what more information do you need?

Engine size, and transmission type.

Why would you keep driving a can with the Check Engine Light illuminated? Just because it drives, doesn't mean all is well.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. by Dozieson(m): 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
Siena:

Engine size, and transmission type.

Why would you keep driving a can with the Check Engine Light illuminated? Just because it drives, doesn't mean all is well.
the engine size is 2.0 and it is auto transmssin.
Re: Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. by sultaan(m): 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
Try using some fuel injector clean in your fuel it might be loosing pressure between the fuel pump and injector.

Try this method in the morning to confirm, instead of starting your car 3 times just turn the key to acc 3 times before you start if it works it means you used you pump to prime,rebuild pressure in the line so try fuel injector cleaner a couple of times before you do anything else it will be your cheapest fix.

Unless someone had worked on your fuel system before

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Honda's Most Important Model Car, 2016 Honda Accord Redesign / What's The Mean Of MAINT REQ.D In Honda Car / Which Direction Is This Bus Going ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.