Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Letter To Mr Seun! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Letter To Mr Seun! (784 Views)

Question For Mr. Seun / Mr Seun Needs To See This!....no Username And Password Boxes Provided At Log In / Mr Seun Pls Try To Add Dis To Ur Next Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Mr Seun! by baba11(m): 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
I hereby use this medium to reach out to the admin of this great site on the recent out-of-air presence due to the activities of some unscrupulous people(hackers).

It's not a new devt that this unfortunate incident happened some days back,but i want you to take cues and learn from this unfortunate incident so as to forestall future occurrences.

Hacking is a serious phenomenon in the whole world ranging from espionage to identity theft,mass or individual spying e.t.c. But no matter the intention of the hackers,their acts are still illegal so there's nothing that can justify their actions anywhere.

I have been noticing that something was amissed until this recent one but in order not to poke-nose into issues that didn't concern me,i had to steer clear from interfering.

Though what happened wasn't your fault but still i would implore you if you can to take these steps highlighted below for effective security of your site:

Since our username is linked to our official email address,it means that this shouldn't be treated with a kid glove because no one can ever tell what they could do by gaining access to our respective mail through details at their disposal!

To fortify your back-end operations,you'll need to get cyber security experts,probably hackers to work with you.This shouldn't sound funny to you,even almighty Google did engage their services because it is widely believed that they know their(hackers') modus operandi better and that they are in a better positions to guard against any intruding attacks before any essential data is lost.Although,they might not come so cheap but at the end,it's worthwhile the cost.

Attractive front-end interfacing is the best to any site but back-end is the backbone and shouldn't be toyed with!

If you can track them,it would be much better as making them to face full music of their actions will serve as deterrent to others who has the intents of doing similar things as well as knowing the reasons behind this unwanted incident!!
You also need to keep us abreast of the devt so that we will not be in apprehension of our dealings here and we'll be rest assure that we are completely safe irrespective of any situation!!!!

l hope you'll not take this as an effrontery rather as a sincere advice from a concerned member!!!!!! Long live Nairaland!
Long live Lagos,eko oni baje oooo!! Long live Nigeria!!!

Yours truly,
Babanpy.
96A911CD
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 01, 2014
zz

1 Like

Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by adusco(m): 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Its just painful dt seun can't respond †̥O̅ this comment.I expected him †̥O̅ give us full details of wot happened.some lost have lost write ups of many years.this is unfair!
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
rutchiekens: All your preamble is uncalled for -- just change your email passwords or change the email address itself. It is a disgrace to Nigeria that a forum is the best site in the country. Some days ago I saw a complaint in a nigerian newspaper concerning NL. I don't think NL was hacked it could have been deleted by the hosts(but admin has written a post on it). Most hackers always leave a message on the index page of a site they attack unless the hacker is black hat.
Lol it was probably the work of EVIL ZONE hackers... nairaland security is..... 50% just half + they are paying for hosting when they suppose to have their own pers0nal h0st!! it is not called 'message', it is called a 'deface' it depends on the type of attack, i dont think it will be very possible to deface nairaland unless you point a gun at osewa's head and tells him to give you admin rights at nairaland. EVIL ZONE are a very wicked sect, they just cripple your server and inject tons of malware to corrupt data.
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by qtx(m): 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
Naijazoom: Lol it was probably the work of EVIL ZONE hackers... nairaland security is..... 50% just half + they are paying for hosting when they suppose to have their own pers0nal h0st!! it is not called 'message', it is called a 'deface' it depends on the type of attack, i dont think it will be very possible to deface nairaland unless you point a gun at osewa's head and tells him to give you admin rights at nairaland. EVIL ZONE are a very wicked sect, they just cripple your server and inject tons of malware to corrupt data.
HMMMM BABE, U SOUND LIKE UR ONE BADDDD HACKER O. I DONT TRUST U AGAIN LIKE BE4. LOL
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
qtx:
HMMMM BABE, U SOUND LIKE UR ONE BADDDD HACKER O. I DONT TRUST U AGAIN LIKE BE4. LOL
Lolz why is that?
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
Been seeing threads about NL's hack issue erywhere in webmasters section here.. Let's not dwell on creating threads and doing nothing in effect.. Seun himself apologized and promised a better future.. Even the most secure sites in the world gets hacked, PSN(Playstsation network), Ebay, Paypal, NASA, are all vulnerable to cyber attacks and Data loss.. Let's just hope Seun beef's up security tho..
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
zz
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by baba11(m): 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
rutchiekens:

No one took responsibility for the attack so stop saying what u don't know. And any programmer can bring down a site.
I disagree wit u on this....
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by baba11(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
Djangocode: Been seeing threads about NL's hack issue erywhere in webmasters section here.. Let's not dwell on creating threads and doing nothing in effect.. Seun himself apologized and promised a better future.. Even the most secure sites in the world gets hacked, PSN(Playstsation network), Ebay, Paypal, NASA, are all vulnerable to cyber attacks and Data loss.. Let's just hope Seun beef's up security tho..
I hope so because once bitten,twice shy!!!
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by baba11(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Naijazoom: Lol it was probably the work of EVIL ZONE hackers... nairaland security is..... 50% just half + they are paying for hosting when they suppose to have their own pers0nal h0st!! it is not called 'message', it is called a 'deface' it depends on the type of attack, i dont think it will be very possible to deface nairaland unless you point a gun at osewa's head and tells him to give you admin rights at nairaland. EVIL ZONE are a very wicked sect, they just cripple your server and inject tons of malware to corrupt data.
haha....are u one of them... abi y do u know dia modus operandi like this grin??
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by baba11(m): 9:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
rutchiekens: All your preamble is uncalled for -- just change your email passwords or change the email address itself.

It is a disgrace to Nigeria that a forum is the best site in the country.

Some days ago I saw a complaint in a nigerian newspaper concerning NL. I don't think NL was hacked it could have been deleted by the hosts(but admin has written a post on it).

Most hackers always leave a message on the index page of a site they attack unless the hacker is black hat.
If you know the long term effects on we users,you'll understand better,PERIOD!!!!
Re: Letter To Mr Seun! by ProfyJay(m): 5:01am On Jul 02, 2014
adusco: Its just painful dt seun can't respond †̥O̅ this comment.I expected him †̥O̅ give us full details of wot happened.some lost have lost write ups of many years.this is unfair!
he has given a comprehensive write-up on this issue! Check the front page!

(1) (Reply)

Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0 / Free Contact Office For Port Harcourt Based Freelance Web Designer/developers / Linda Ikeji Please Consider These Domain Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.