Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,825 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? (7092 Views)

One Thing You Need To Do That Will Make A Girl To Chase You / Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? / Why Do Old Men Love To Chase After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by bootstrap(m): 7:28am On Jul 01, 2014
so... I am a 30yrs old guy, quite good looking, got a good job, comfortable, straight and single. Recently, i have been doing some self appraisal as to why i am still single (boring summer break, away frm school work has its issues..lol). I find that i am not a love-dovie kind of guy. I just am more of a 'reason' dude.

my major consign tho is, i think, i just hate drama that comes with ladies playing hard to get. i feel relationships shldnt be a favour (to either party). I feel it shld be give and take. To put in perspective, my last GF, i just asked her straight up.... Do you think we cld start a relationship (we were already friends tho) ... and she said, yeah, lets give it a try. And that was it.

I generally ask girls i like to, say... let me take you to the movie, or you care to hangout smtime? most of them say yes, but keep doing this annoying thing of either postponing (something came up) or just pretend they forgot. My answer is usually, whenever you ready u just give me a call, and then i never ask again. I hv been recently made to understand that some of them dnt like to just look cheap, desperate or something like that. Another example; i was given some lady's contact, i just asked her.... do you want us to maybe get to knw each other better? she said yes, then i suggested she got Skype so we cld talk whenever (we about 7 time zones apart). She agreed but never did. After asking 2ice, i just stopped contacting her.

Problem is, my brain dnt really think like that, i feel you either want to, or dnt want to. I dnt believe in the "in-betweens". I tell a girl, i like you, she says ehmm, she doesn't think so, or she wants to think about it, and i just walk away. I do not chase after her.

Does this happen to just me, or it happens to you guys too. So, to the question.....

HOW LONG IS LONG ENOUGH TO CHASE AFTER A LADY?

17 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Prowizy2(m): 7:52am On Jul 01, 2014
One week!!

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by bootstrap(m): 7:56am On Jul 01, 2014
Prowizy2: One week!!

hahaha... WORD!!
I mean, no matter how pretty the girl is..... except you just looking to score. For any serious relationship, 1 week might even be too long. The lady need to meet the guy half way, then it shld be taken frm there
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Dubby6(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2014
20 years cos---->

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Gosj01(m): 9:51am On Jul 01, 2014
Anytin more than a day, i jst 4get it and wil neva talk abt it again. it's annoying @times.
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Davidolives(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2014
mine was a day and she accepted.i love her live God loves man.infact i can do anything for her cos she is worth every mins

2 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by gsalvatore: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
IF I cant observe the slightest interest on her side then its a bye bye birdie.

The gods know am not ready for Pompei games.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Islie: 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
as long as u still have the chase in youcheesy
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
grin as long as u can

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Op as the spirit leads, you tend to be much more determined in chasing if you've fallen for her.
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ify Angela: Op as the spirit leads, you tend to be much more determined in chasing if you've fallen for her.

haha! A woman telling men how they feel. Lol. Its ok.

Things are actually not that way some times. Some men dont find any fun in it chasing after women and no, it doesnt mean they dont truely love the lady. Its just that thats how things are with the kind of personality.
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
i have this friend who went after this lady. He asked for the lady's number and the lady told him to work for it. It surprises me that some people still have this mentality that a man have to 'work' to get them. These people think that the more a man endures their hard to get, the more he loves them. But thats a big error many ladies make!

When a guy 'works' to get you, it means you are his property! The hard to get behaviour is an archaic way of doing things and no wonder men in the past treated women like properties.

When a man 'works' to get a woman, it means he has aqcuired her. Tell me why he wont seee her as a property?

12 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by crackhaus: 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
Depends on what kind of woman she is based on her personality and attitude.
There really is no time stamp as to how long a guy can chase a girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Lovebond34(m): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
dnt knw......ah hate being on a long tin
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
op, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. People like you are very much abound. There are those guys who still like to 'chase' women though. And no, that you dont 'chase' doesnt mean you love them less and it still doesnt mean you are a guy. Like you said, its just that your brain doesnt go with it. You are perfectly normal.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2014
crackhaus: Depends on the kind of woman she is based on her personality and attitude.
There really is no time stamp as to how long a guy can chase a girl.

it doesnt depened on the woman; it depends on the kind of person you are. If you are like the op then, you wont chase too long and no, there is nothing wrong with such individuals. Its just the way they relate with these kind of things.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by farano(f): 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
As long as the rivers flow
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by crackhaus: 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
craziebone:

it doesnt depened on the woman; it depends on the kind of person you are. If you are like the op then, you wont chase too long and no, there is nothing wrong with such individuals. Its just the way they relate with these kind of things.
It still doesn't depend exclusively on the kind of person the man is.
Ego or god-complex is a trait everyone possesses, albeit in different magnitudes. The idea of chasing a lady for very long will definitely not go down well with a man who sees himself as very desirable to ladies, hence he will always claim he cannot chase for too long.

But when push comes to shove, such a man will almost always come across a woman that will make him forget his own ego and chase until he's able to conquer.
In this situation then, what do you think determined the level of enthusiasm in his chase?
Is it the kind of man he already knows he is, or is it the kind of woman he finally came across?
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by crackhaus: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
craziebone: op, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. People like you are very much abound. There are those guys who still like to 'chase' women though. And no, that you dont 'chase' doesnt mean you love them less and it still doesnt mean you are a guy. Like you said, its just that your brain doesnt go with it. You are perfectly normal.

You agree with him because you're like him, I figured... grin
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Dygeasy(m): 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
I only just started learning to chase or wait as the case may be.

I hardly ever used the "Will you be my girlfriend?" line in the past. The feelings just develop mutually and things start between us. That to me is the best.

OP, I'm of the opinion that it's either a girl likes you or she doesn't. But you can't be a jerk or a douchebag and expect that.

With normal romantic and respectful gestures, if she likes you she won't waste your time. cool

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Dygeasy(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
crackhaus:
I was gonna say that cheesy
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Lorlaahlozz: 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
Dygeasy: I only just started learning to chase or wait as the case may be.

I hardly ever used the "Will you be my girlfriend?" line in the past. The feelings just develop mutually and things start between us. That to me is the best.

OP, I'm of the opinion that it's either a girl likes you or she doesn't. But you can't be a jerk or a douchebag and expect that.

With normal romantic and respectful gestures, if she likes you she won't waste your time. cool

Hmmmm tongue
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Dygeasy(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Hmmmm tongue
grin Ogini?
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by crackhaus: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Dygeasy: I was gonna say that cheesy
Easy to detect grin
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Do sum gurls still play hard to get ni??

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by papindinho(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
Forever is long enough- Yea, Forever.

PS: There is no assurance as to who she belongs to after you might have captured her so while having her with you you may still need some chasing to do...lol
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by obayaya(m): 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2014
Harbosede02: Do sum gurls still play hard to get ni??

no be hard to get you play so? tongue
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
craziebone:

haha! A woman telling men how they feel. Lol. Its ok.

Things are actually not that way some times. Some men dont find any fun in it chasing after women and no, it doesnt mean they dont truely love the lady. Its just that thats how things are with the kind of personality.
Really? I thought men love the chase.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
crackhaus:
It still doesn't depend exclusively on the kind of person the man is.
Ego and god-complex is a trait everyone possesses, albeit in different magnitudes. The idea of chasing a lady for very long will definitely not go down well with a man who sees himself as very desirable to ladies, hence he will always claim he cannot chase for too long.

But when push comes to shove, such a man will almost always come across a woman that will make him forget his own ego and chase until he's able to conquer.
In this situation then, what do you think determined the level of enthusiasm in his chase?
Is it the kind of man he already knows he is, or is it the kind of woman he finally came across?

i think you are right here.
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by mployer(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
It depends on the woman, your ego and the reason for the chase
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
crackhaus:

i chase women for as long as necessary. The longest i chased one was about 3 years that was when i was younger and had all those things in my head. I have chased for 3, 2, 1month and the least was about 3 days or there about.

I know guys who are like the op. They simply dont hit it hard like other men do.
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
m-ployer:
It depends on the woman, your ego and the reason for the chase

yeah! When a man wants a woman for sex and she playing hard to get for so long, he may just give and say "mtchew aftreall, i can still get it else where". Thats for some type of players. Other type of players will not want to take no for an answer and say "what does this girl think she is...i have done it with other ladies and i must do it with this lady".

There are some guys who would say "why should i be begging a woman". So yes. You are right here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Lady's Response To The Thread On Come To My House Syndrome / Okirika Festival In Nigeria Where Young Virgins Dance N3ked - Toktok9ja / Paroh's 2020 Fleshlight: Applebutt Gang Vs Soap/vaseline Crew Needs It(images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.