Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (247840 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
reedbam: jazakhallahu khayran. This is the consensus of most ustadh's opinion I have sought. smiley

Wa iyyakum, bro smiley
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
http://m.aljazeera.com/story/20147614423642407. Interesting read. Can you imagine how it would feel eating sahur and breaking your fast all when the sun is still high up there. First read about this as phenomenon while I was in high school but never really pertained it fasting. Thirty days of complete brightness without darkness or dawn?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
Brothers and sisters, let us remember during iftar to pray for peace and tranquility in all Muslim lands. Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Afghanistan, Lebanon etc. May Allah help Muslims against those who seek to oppress them

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 12:31am On Jul 10, 2014
AlBaqir: Brothers and sisters, let us remember during iftar to pray for peace and tranquility in all Muslim lands. Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Afghanistan, Lebanon etc. May Allah help Muslims against those who seek to oppress them

Burma, CAR, Nigeria, Somailia.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 4:01am On Jul 10, 2014
I am so angry at what is going on in Gaza. I really just want to rant. Israel picks the lamest excuse to rain bombs on palestinians. They attacked al aqsa again.

Where are the muslims?? Busy fighting each other. Whilst, Palestinians are born everyday to be killed.

Yesterday, I watched a documentary on salaudeen al ayyubi. His success was hinged on the fact that he was able to unite the muslims under a single banner. This united force defeated the crusaders.

Today, Saudi and Iran are fighting political wars in muslim lands, whilst palestine is in smoke. I wish they can suspend their bickering and focus on the more important stuff.

Unfortunately, Saudi and the gulf is already bought over, Egypt too, Jordan is lost too.

We need a united front to put any kind of pressure on these criminals but all the muslim leaders have sold out their brothers. Even if a leader has good intentions, he will be betrayed by other arab leaders.

In the yom kippor war, Where Egypt recaptured the sinai from Israel, the amount of betrayal and deceit from the arabs was ridiculous.

Egypt, Syria and Jordan met secretly to recapture lands held by Israel. First betrayal , Jordan reports to Israel that they are planning war against them.

Second betrayal Egypt captured their territory but failed to help syria when they needed them. They were only concerned about their own gains.

At the end,only Egypt gained but the overall objective was lost.

I feel that they will betray themselves again if any such plan is hatched. Too much distrust. Best thing is to get them under one banner with one goal like salaudeen did.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 5:19am On Jul 10, 2014
tbaba1234:

Burma, CAR, Nigeria, Somailia.

Ma sha Allah. Nigeria was on my mind but my hands 'forgot' to write grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 6:08am On Jul 10, 2014
tbaba1234: I am so angry at what is going on in Gaza. I really just want to rant. Israel picks the lamest excuse to rain bombs on palestinians. They attacked al aqsa again.

Where are the muslims?? Busy fighting each other. Whilst, Palestinians are born everyday to be killed.

Yesterday, I watched a documentary on salaudeen al ayyubi. His success was hinged on the fact that he was able to unite the muslims under a single banner. This united force defeated the crusaders.

Today, Saudi and Iran are fighting political wars in muslim lands, whilst palestine is in smoke. I wish they can suspend their bickering and focus on the more important stuff.

Unfortunately, Saudi and the gulf is already bought over, Egypt too, Jordan is lost too.

We need a united front to put any kind of pressure on these criminals but all the muslim leaders have sold out their brothers. Even if a leader has good intentions, he will be betrayed by other arab leaders.

In the yom kippor war, Where Egypt recaptured the sinai from Israel, the amount of betrayal and deceit from the arabs was ridiculous.

Egypt, Syria and Jordan met secretly to recapture lands held by Israel. First betrayal , Jordan reports to Israel that they are planning war against them.

Second betrayal Egypt captured their territory but failed to help syria when they needed them. They were only concerned about their own gains.

At the end,only Egypt gained but the overall objective was lost.

I feel that they will betray themselves again if any such plan is hatched. Too much distrust. Best thing is to get them under one banner with one goal like salaudeen did.

Fajazakumullah khair jazal for that piece. Arab world, being the nucleus of Islam and muslim, no longer exist for Islam or muslim interest. If only they can unite for once, Israel and the west will be extinct.

This is what Israel and west realized to make sure by all means there is no unity and trust among the Arabs. Corruption, power, money, material gain etc are the tools.

In fact the best analogy is the incident of the battle of Uhud. The holy prophet (saws) instructed certain companions never to abandon their post on the mount. So long they remain there, muslims have upper hand and were cruising in victory. Unfortunately, they were deceived by worldly materials (booty of war). They abandoned their posts and muslims were dealt with a heavy blow.

Similarly, Islam calls for sincerity, brotherhood and unity...muslim world put this aside and compete in worldly gain influenced by shay'tan...the consequence is there for all to see.

Israel have been defeated and disgraced twice by the Hizbullah; the political cry instigated by the Israel to poison muslim's mind was "they are Shi'a". Hamas have resisted them over and over but they are being tagged "terrorist" group.

If only all of us can put away the political and religious differences just like Imam khomeini once urged the Arab world after defeating the Shah and its western ally, muslims all over the world will have a sigh of relief.

"O ye who believe! Enter into Islam wholeheartedly and do not let shaytan deceive you; indeed he is your sworn enemy" ~Quran
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 6:38am On Jul 10, 2014
If only the Arabs/Muslims fought Israel with the same fervor they reserve for slaughtering each other...
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2014
Is anyone experiencing the difficulty posting with firefox, chrome or explorer or is it only me? It keeps returning an error message saying "The syntax of the response from the remote server is incorrect, for example, the response content is incomplete or the response content cannot be parsed" abeg Mac help me ask Seun if him or his people have blocked my ip grin grin grin, coz I was only able to post using my phone, but have been unable to do so using my desktop!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 8:12am On Jul 10, 2014
tbaba1234: If only the Arabs/Muslims fought Israel with the same fervor they reserve for slaughtering each other...

and they do so at the behest of foreign and self interest pity!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2014
Al baqir.. Just an admonition. Although the perceived injustice and actions in the world might evoke deep seated angst and bitterness but we shouldn't advocate for extermination of people lest we become transgresors like them with our actions.

The middle east issue is just a reflection of the World we live in. Which all boils down to Greed! When a society lacks peace and tranquility. You need not go far to guess that wide spread greed and injustice are everyday norms there or the basic underlying factors causing this issues.

The palestinianian-israeli case is a very simple issue that sincerity and justice would solve. But when a party to a case is the Judge and Jury in its own case how do you expect Justice to be served?

Time after time, many voices of wisdom and impartiality have called out Israel and The Us for their double standards as pertains this case but i guess different rules of accountability applies to these two entities and i see nothing has ever been done by the so called cover up they call the United Nations. Wish countries would start pulling out of that entity which only knows how to huff and puff when issues pertaining to African and some lesser countries on the ladder is involved.

Just like i would always tell fellow adversaries back here who jubilate anytime israel does something to smell the coffee and learn that Israel is not what they think it is so would i tell muslims here that we should stop looking up to Saudi . That country is not more than a pauper and just a willing tool in the destruction of other Muslims. NOT the fault of the average Saudi citizens but the leaders of that country.

Until Muslims in the Middle East leave their ragtag approach to such issues affecting them and form "credible" alliances which can collectively throw their weight around then i am afraid these acts of Injustice would continue for a long time. Easy to say but hard to achieve.

Nothing hurts more and is morally degrading than the fact that one can be witnesses to acts of injustice and can only talk but not positively act to stop it.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2014
Who are these politicians in this thread? Pray for the oppressed Muslims but leave the politics out. #Joking Before some epistle-loving people write the history of how Miungo Park died tongue grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 9:42am On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by reedbam: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2014
cry I decided to have a little nap after qiyamm layl, only to wake up at adhan for fair. I didnt eat sahur cry
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 9:45am On Jul 10, 2014
maclatunji: Who are these politicians in this thread? Pray for the oppressed Muslims but leave the politics out. #Joking Before some epistle-loving people write the history of how Miungo Park died tongue grin

Mungo park died in the year... But Wait- just asking. who's mungo park sef?

Truth is our prayers are always with them. But to what end is the question?

Heard they were even using phosphorus bombs just this morning. When will it stop?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2014
reedbam: cry I decided to have a little nap after qiyamm layl, only to wake up at adhan for fair. I didnt eat sahur cry
grin grin grin it happened to me twice pele! I suspect it was the medcine i was talking!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2014
vedaxcool: Is anyone experiencing the difficulty posting with firefox, chrome or explorer or is it only me? It keeps returning an error message saying "The syntax of the response from the remote server is incorrect, for example, the response content is incomplete or the response content cannot be parsed" abeg Mac help me ask Seun if him or his people have blocked my ip grin grin grin, coz I was only able to post using my phone, but have been unable to do so using my desktop!

maclatunji, abeg help me answer this oh!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2014
onegig: Al baqir.. Just an admonition. Although the perceived injustice and actions in the world might evoke deep seated angst and bitterness but we shouldn't advocate for extermination of people lest we become transgresors like them with our actions.

Dear brother, by His grace, when we talk about "Israel extinction" you should know we meant the Israel Zionist Government regime. Never the innocent citizens.

Mushrik (polytheist), believers, oppressors and oppressed, even devil and his gangs are ALL Allah's creation and His Rahman reign supreme over everybody so why should we intend extinction for the innocent citizens of Israel?

"Respect your fellow either as a brother in faith or equal in humanity" ~Imam Ali (as)

However, according to the Qur'an, when people refuse to fight corruption and injustice of their government, by the time the punishment comes, its gonna befell on every sundry.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2014
reedbam: cry I decided to have a little nap after qiyamm layl, only to wake up at adhan for fair. I didnt eat sahur cry

Hey yah! grin Anyway one of the essence of fasting is to feel the pang of hunger so that you remember often those who have nothing to eat.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by reedbam: 10:21am On Jul 10, 2014
vedaxcool:
grin grin grin it happened to me twice pele! I suspect it was the medcine i was talking!
Even with sahur I know how I feel, this is a test embarassed
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by reedbam: 10:23am On Jul 10, 2014
AlBaqir:

Hey yah! grin Anyway one of the essence of fasting is to feel the pang of hunger so that you remember often those who have nothing to eat.
chai! Brother we already feel that with the dual feeding nah embarassed
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by kazlaw2000: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2014
What is happening in Gaza is a collective shame on the Ummah. Its sad to note that despite the powerful militaries Allaah has endowed us with e.g those of Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Saudi, Algeria, Syria etc we are yet so powerless as to be able to protect ourselves. I hope we can all see the effect of a disunited rank?
Everybody is only desperate to protect its own direct interest. If only Turkey can defend palestine like it does for northern Cyprus. If only Iran can defend Palestine just like it does the Abu Musa islands which it is currently occupying.
Isreal is still the persitent tumor in that region because of the disunity in the rank of Muslims. Instead Saudi and Iran are more concerned about who gets the largest share in Lebanon. About who wins in Syria. I can imagine how much kuffaar would be delighted at our self destruct mission.
The solution is unity, then unity and then unity. Unconditional unity over laa ilaha illa llaahu muhammadu rasuulullah. Nothing will give us PEACE other than this

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2014
vedaxcool:

maclatunji, abeg help me answer this oh!

Sorry, it happens to me too sometimes. Does the problem persist? You can send Seun a mail?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 11:23am On Jul 10, 2014
reedbam: chai! Brother we already feel that with the dual feeding nah embarassed

You like food too much, get your mind of it and you will be fine.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2014
onegig: Mungo park died in the year... But Wait- just asking. who's mungo park sef?

@bolded, you answer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mungo_Park_%28explorer%29
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 11:59am On Jul 10, 2014
maclatunji:

@bolded, you answer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mungo_Park_%28explorer%29
You got punked. Lol. I knew what it was. Just pulling your legs when i asked. And wait o mungo park did not discover River Niger. The locals did even before his greatgrand father was born. Lol.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by reedbam: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
maclatunji:

You like food too much, get your mind of it and you will be fine.
bro tunji sad
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mungo Park. That name brings memories I was called Mungo Park when I was in the University by some of my friends. He he he don't ask me why!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
Sissie: Mungo Park. That name brings memories I was called Mungo Park when I was in the University by some of my friends. He he he don't ask me why!
Why?

Let me guess. You don't stay in one place, fond of moving around and sabi all the lungu that's inside school.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
onegig: Why?

Let me guess. You don't stay in one place, fond of moving around and sabi all the lungu that's inside school.

Not at all.

Not that type of Explorer.

I read a lot, I read different types of books, and was the serious nerdy one among them. So that made me the oversabi ITK among them.
I was a book "explorer" and they tease me my calling me Mungo Park.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
onegig: You got punked. Lol. I knew what it was. Just pulling your legs when i asked. And wait o mungo park did not discover River Niger. The locals did even before his greatgrand father was born. Lol.

I was 99% sure you knew. The link is for those who might not know or want to know more tongue
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
reedbam: bro tunji sad

Read this http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/17/eating-breakfast.aspx The only reason many people eat Sahur at all is because of it is a strong sunnah that should not be abandoned. Otherwise, people like me just want to sleep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.