Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (247182 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
Al hajj Kamil Abu Bakr Sheriff

(Ethiopia)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
onegig: Is there space for critics of the writings? May be interested.

Actually there is. We are building a system that allows virtually any kind of content as long as it is not obscene, offensive or illegal but people have to write first before you can critique their work. tongue
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
@tbaba, if some people grab these your pictures ehn, you will not believe the things they will do with it.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

The Quran (words of Allah) is also called Kareem but I have seen an opinion that frowns against using Kareem because of that reason.

I really don't think there should be any big deal to the point of frowning using `kareem` for Ramadan. The only different from Allah being `kareem` from all other kareems like Quran kareem ; Ramadan Kareem; Rasulu kareem etc is the prefix "al" hence Allah is Al-kareem.

The word "kareem;`Rauf` & `Raheem`" were used for the holy prophet in the Quran.

Rain is said to be "Rahma or baraka" in the Quran etc.

Ramadan is Kareem because its Creator made it so never that its Kareem is independent. I believe you are aware of all these.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
^I get.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
maclatunji:

Getting people to write about things that interest them hopefully on a consistent basis. Interested in writing?

Alternatively, for people to share their stories, if it is written, fine. If we have to use other media to get their stories, we will also work on it. However, we place a premium on the written word at the moment.

So, is Vedaxcool a writer or at least a potential one?

Yeah I am interested, so how do I sign up?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
AlBaqir:

I really don't think there should be any big deal to the point of frowning using `kareem` for Ramadan. The only different from Allah being `kareem` from all other kareems like Quran kareem ; Ramadan Kareem; Rasulu kareem etc is the prefix "al" hence Allah is Al-kareem.

The word "kareem;`Rauf` & `Raheem`" were used for the holy prophet in the Quran.

Rain is said to be "Rahma or baraka" in the Quran etc.

Ramadan is Kareem because its Creator made it so never that its Kareem is independent. I believe you are aware of all these.

There are some scholars (like Islamqa) that say, it is ok. One can stick to what opinion they are more convinced by and Allah knows best.

Ibn Uthaymeen in his fatwa:

Q. When some people, for example, lie in Ramadan, or when he cheats or backbites, and others prohibit him saying to him, 'This is haraam (forbidden),' he says 'Ramadan kareem'. What is the ruling for that?

A. The ruling of that is that the statement 'Ramadan kareem' is not correct. Rather it should be said 'Ramadan Mubarak', or whatever is similar to it, because it is not Ramadan itself that gives so that it can be kareem (generous), in fact it is Allah who placed the grace in it, and made it a special month, and a time to perform one of the pillars of Islam.

It is as if the one saying this thinks that the sacredness of the time allows him to commit transgressions. This is turning around what the people of knowledge have said that bad deeds are greater at special times and places, the opposite of what the one saying this imagines. They say that it is obligatory to fear Allah - the honourable and majestic - at all times, and in all places, especially in special times and special places.

Allah - the honourable and majestic - says,

O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2). [2:183]

Allah shows that the wisdom of fasting is taqwa (God-consciousness) of Allah - the honourable and majestic - by fulfilling His commandments and avoiding His prohibitions. It has been ascertained from the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam that he said, "Whosoever does not leave speaking falsehood, or acting with it or ignorance, then Allah has no need that he leaves his food and drink." Fasting is cultivation of the self, guarding it from the prohibitions of Allah, and not as this ignoramus says that due to the sacredness and blessing of this month it allows commiting transgressions.

From a collection of the Shaykh Ibn al-'Uthaymeen's fatwas, As`ilah wa ajwibah 'an alfaaz wa mafaaheem fee meezaan al-sharee'ah ("Questions and Answers on Expressions and Concepts in the Scale of the Shariah"wink printed by Maktab al-Da'wah of Britain
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
vedaxcool:

Yeah I am interested, so how do I sign up?

I will send you a PM and send details when I get your response.

Thank you.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Kazrem(m): 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
maclatunji:

Getting people to write about things that interest them hopefully on a consistent basis. Interested in writing?

Alternatively, for people to share their stories, if it is written, fine. If we have to use other media to get their stories, we will also work on it. However, we place a premium on the written word at the moment.

So, is Vedaxcool a writer or at least a potential one?
Am a potential writer though I write now as it is said that start now what you want to become in future. You can read some of my writings on kazrem. or my notes on Facebook. Username: Kazeem Abolore S. I will like to partake in it.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by bntY: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
@mac. Can you elaborate more on dis writing stuff?. I pen down my tots once in a while but consistency is not my forte.Also not a great writer but i know and appreciate good writings.So i may be in dt critique team.Just elucidate more so i know where i fit.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Assalamu aleikum, madam naijababe..
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
tbaba1234: Assalamu aleikum, madam naijababe..

Wa alayka salam...............u need to go and throw your phone in the lagoon. I don call you tire

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
naijababe:

Wa alayka salam...............u need to go and throw your phone in the lagoon. I don call you tire

What

No missed call at all, at all.

I'd give you the other number.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by abuhalima(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
Bro Mac, I am interested. I hope there is room for learners, cos I am one myself....

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Gcool2(m): 6:42am On Jul 19, 2014
tobby1987: 1)4get everytin bodering ur mind wen on solat. 2) after d first takbir focus well on d point of ur postration cos d prophet said d eyes of Allah is on whoever focus his eyes to d point of postration. 3)recite in ur heart fathia n anoda sura silently during d silent solat n follow d imam recitation with ur hrt during d loud solat.. 4) fyt very hard with ur mind to focus and if u c dat u can't d prohet orders us to look to d left and spit 3 times without saliva cuming out and say Audhu billah mina shaytan rajim..D prophet said satan runs from who ever do dis during solat..Wallahu allam
U MISS IT AT NUMBER 3.WHEN ONE PRAYS BEHIND IMAM,BE IT LOUD OR LOW VOICE,ONE IS REQUIRED TO RECITE FATHIA ALONE AFTER DAT KEEP MUM N LISTEN TO IMAM AS HE RECITES ODA SURAH LOUDLY,IN D CASE OF LOW VOICE,AFTER FATHIA KEEP QUIET.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:34am On Jul 19, 2014
Gcool2: U MISS IT AT NUMBER 3.WHEN ONE PRAYS BEHIND IMAM,BE IT LOUD OR LOW VOICE,ONE IS REQUIRED TO RECITE FATHIA ALONE AFTER DAT KEEP MUM N LISTEN TO IMAM AS HE RECITES ODA SURAH LOUDLY,IN D CASE OF LOW VOICE,AFTER FATHIA KEEP QUIET.

Actually, he is correct and you are also correct.

There are two scholarly positions regarding this.

I. The imam fatihah is for everyone based on:

So pay attention and listen quietly when the Quran is recited, so that you may be given mercy. (Surah 7:204)

Ii. Recite your fatiha independent even when the
imam recites loud:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no prayer for the one who does not recite the Opening of the Book [i.e., al-Faatihah].” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 714)

These are two valid positions and involves 'fiqhi' stuff

More:
http://islamqa.info/en/10995
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 10:20am On Jul 19, 2014
I need to find a more efficient way to handle expressions of interest in writing but you guys from Kazreem downwards should bear with me, I will try and contact you soon.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
bntY: @mac. Can you elaborate more on dis writing stuff?. I pen down my tots once in a while but consistency is not my forte.Also not a great writer but i know and appreciate good writings.So i may be in dt critique team.Just elucidate more so i know where i fit.

If you can write about anything at all, we would be glad to have it. Critiquing can come later. At the moment, writing is the first step.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 12:19am On Jul 20, 2014
maclatunji:

If you can write about anything at all, we would be glad to have it. Critiquing can come later. At the moment, writing is the first step.

Are you sure about the bolded? I can come up with some complicated boring write-ups. You will first have to understand what it is talking about before critiquing. grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 5:45am On Jul 20, 2014
tbaba1234:

Are you sure about the bolded? I can come up with some complicated boring write-ups. You will first have to understand what it is talking about before critiquing. grin

We have a template that will accommodate such. The feedback you get will help you decide how good your writing is or ideas are.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by bntY: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
maclatunji:
Ok.I was basically asking d theme of d platform and d kind of audience.90% of my writings are 'preachy' and may not suit ur purpose.when i hav idea abt those 2 i will knw which ones to send ur way.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
bntY:
Ok.I was basically asking d theme of d platform and d kind of audience.90% of my writings are 'preachy' and may not suit ur purpose.when i hav idea abt those 2 i will knw which ones to send ur way.

Hmmm... the readership is general. A good writer will adjust the style to accommodate the audience, this does not mean you should change the religious nature of your writing.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by bntY: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
maclatunji:
Hmmm... the readership is general. A good writer will adjust the style to accommodate the audience, this does not mean you should change the religious nature of your writing.
I'm aware of dt.that's why i asked abt ur kind of audience.your answer is still vague though but i will send one or 2 and wait for ur feedback.can u drop a mail where i can send it?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
bntY:
I'm aware of dt.that's why i asked abt ur kind of audience.your answer is still vague though but i will send one or 2 and wait for ur feedback.can u drop a mail where i can send it?

maclatunji@yahoo.com and copy storriedteam@gmail.com
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by bntY: 6:14am On Jul 21, 2014
^done. I hope it delivers.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2014
bntY: ^done. I hope it delivers.

I did not see anything on maclatunji@yahoo.com (checked spam too) are you the one that sent three articles with the names starting from "S" and "K"?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by horla0: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
Salam Alaikum. House please there is this sign in the QURAN where one will have to SUJUD when reciting QURAN. But I always skip it because I don't know what to say or sometimes recite Subuhana Robiali Allah. Please i need the correct word.

Salam
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
horla0: Salam Alaikum. House please there is this sign in the QURAN where one will have to SUJUD when reciting QURAN. But I always skip it because I don't know what to say or sometimes recite Subuhana Robiali Allah. Please i need the correct word.

Salam

Walaikum Salam,

It's called Sujud Tilawah. Those are the underlying phrases in the Qur'an. It happens during ordinary recitation of Qur'an and in Salat Taraweeh (especially). We go down in sujud and recite the following:

"سجد وجهي للذي خلقه وشق سمعه وبصره بحوله وقوته فتبارك الله أحسن الخالقين". (I have prostrated my face to the One Who created it and brought forth its hearing and seeing by His Might and Power. Blessed be Allah the Best of Creators).

Some should come here to further elaborate. You can read in Arabic right?

Ramadan Mubarak

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by horla0: 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
Empiree:
Walaikum Salam,
It's called Sujud Tilawah. Those are the underlying phrases in the Qur'an. It happens during ordinary recitation of Qur'an and in Salat Taraweeh (especially). We go down in sujud and recite the following:
"سجد وجهي للذي خلقه وشق سمعه وبصره بحوله وقوته فتبارك الله أحسن الخالقين". (I have prostrated my face to the One Who created it and brought forth its hearing and seeing by His Might and Power. Blessed be Allah the Best of Creators).
Some should come here to further elaborate. You can read in Arabic right?
Ramadan Mubarak

Thank you empire. Really appreciate it. I can read in Arabic though not fluent but I am trying. Can you please help translate those words better still put the sign on the Arabic letters I can only read with the sign. Am not a pro yet.

Jazakhalahu hairan.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
horla0:

Thank you empire. Really appreciate it. I can read in Arabic though not fluent but I am trying. Can you please help translate those words better still put the sign on the Arabic letters I can only read with the sign. Am not a pro yet.

Jazakhalahu hairan.

This is the transliteration.
Sajadah wajhiya lilladhi khalaqahu wa sawwarahu,wa shaqqa sam'ahu wa basarahu,tabarak-Allahu Ahsan-ul-Khalqin.
The above was reported in Sahih Muslim,Volume 4,Hadith Number 201.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thanks Mr. Lanre.

@ horla0
, see if this video helps cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJhyawNmEqg
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by horla0: 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thanks Mr Lanre and Empiree.
Empiree: Thanks Mr. Lanre.

@ horla0
, see if this video helps cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJhyawNmEqg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.