Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics (36950 Views)

1.5 Million Candidates To Take JAMB, Cut-off Marks For 2016 Announced / Jamb Set Cut Off Points-180 Varsities, 160-polys, Coes / Jamb Cut Off Marks For Universities And Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by vexy06(m): 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2014
Federal Government Tuesday pegged the Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB) cut-off marks for 2014 admissions into Universities at 180, while Polytechnics and Colleges of Education(COE)were placed at 150 respectively.

The cut off points were arrived at on Tuesday, after the 5th Combined Policy meeting on admissions to tertiary institutions held at the National Universities Commission.

Supervising Minister of Education,Nyesom Wike who declared the meeting open frowned at the inability of most tertiary institutions to utilise their admission quota.

Wike however said in view of efforts to boost access, institutions which fail to utilise their admission quota for 2014 will be sanctioned.

He reiterated Federal Government’s commitment to the development of ICT training, which he said has already been inculcated as part of the standard curriculum at the secondary school level.

“I have been brief that despite the rising demand for higher education vis-a-vis the availability of a large number of qualified candidates,some institutions did not fully utilise the admissions quota approved for them by relevant regulatory agencies in 2013.

“This disservice to the Nigeria child is totally unacceptable,in line with efforts of the federal government to improve access,let me urge you all to with effect from today,work assiduously to ensure that all admission spaces in your institutions for the current year are fully utilized within the approved time frame,”he stated.

Registrar and Chief Executive of JAMB,Dibu Ojerinde in his presentation gave a statistical run down of candidates preference for tertiary education.

He said after the conduct of the 2014 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination(UTME) candidates who applied for degree awarding institutions or universities totalled 1,584,348 representing 97.070, NCE applicants totalled 25,767 representing 1.579, ND a paltry 22,072 representing 1.349 while NID had just 46 representing 0.003.

Ojerinde wondered while Nigeria’s educational system has consistently failed to embrace technical education in its quest for industrialization, saying the British which Nigeria copied the polytechnic education from now award degree in all its polytechnics.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/168872-jamb-pegs-varsities-cut-off-marks-at-180-poly-coes-at-150

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by jaryeh(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2014
I don't get this Dibu's statistics. Was there any University applicant who didn't also apply for ND, NCE and the other degree? Someone who understands should pls explain to me o.

6 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by penny01502: 12:45am On Jul 02, 2014
alright, that sound nice
the 180 is it accepted for collage of health sciences, especially for faculty of med/surgery?

1 Like

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Idrismusty97(m): 12:52am On Jul 02, 2014
What is the point when universities still set their own Jamb cutoff mark for specific courses.

7 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by sathel(m): 4:03am On Jul 02, 2014
All diz cut off mark iz jst wat i term BEGE..dat does nt stop unilag 4rm setting deirs @ 200..

6 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 02, 2014
This is just an official go-ahead call for commencement of post ume. Universities set their their own cut-off marks as it suits them.

9 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by dgr8truth(m): 11:26am On Jul 02, 2014
One piece of the puzzle is to set cut-off mark, another is for the schools to respect such, and another is to punish offenders.
Is high time we start suing JAMB, for breach of contract or anything because it is unthinkable after buying the utme form, sat for the exam, beat the cut-off mark and I'm not offered admission. What is the purpose of the utme then.

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by oyedun82(m): 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
since our secondary schools are producing average students.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Buchukwu: 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
Nice 1.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
Cut off mark for Polytechnics and Colleges of Education that are on strike. F.uck the system and our corrupt leaders

5 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Joshuadon: 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
FINALLY ITS OUT ,,.......... SO JAMBITE SHOULD PACK THEIR LOAD
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
It's good as government is giving every institution a cut off mark.
Else, some schools ll be like Havard or Cambridge.
Last Bullet
Meanwhile, this ll still not stop some schools from conducting their own post JAMB that ll cut off most student's chances.
Our large population is a big challenge.
Many people want to v tertiary education.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
Very funny this Jamb newsletter....
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
The cut off mark is not the issue.

The rot in the education system is.

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by LilDonne(m): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
sathel: All diz cut off mark iz jst wat i term BEGE..dat does nt stop unilag 4rm setting deirs @ 200..
and ilorin @220
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by JoeCutie(m): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
Even at that, UNIBEN will still not look at any soul with less than 200. Dem too dey form 'Uni-best'. undecided

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by slimthugchimee(m): 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
dgr8truth: One piece of the puzzle is to set cut-off mark, another is for the schools to respect such, and another is to punish offenders.
Is high time we start suing JAMB, for breach of contract or anything because it is unthinkable after buying the utme form, sat for the exam, beat the cut-off mark and I'm not offer admission. What is the purpose of the utme then.

37 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Inkredible(m): 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
Pls who knows wia I can logde a complaint in nairaland. M just re-registering after the attack n cannot comment on some posts in tech market sections. I don't know if it happens to anyone else. Pls help out.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2014
*yawns* Unilorin's cutoff mark is 215
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
That doesn't stop 'the first and best Uni from setting their cuttoff @200. UI I mean! undecided

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by scanp(m): 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
Waz d point writing jamb and still write post ume..... One shuld b cancelled abeg..... de are just eating our money...

1 Like

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by ayoJ21(m): 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
jaryeh: I don't get this Dibu's statistics. Was there any University applicant who didn't also apply for ND, NCE and the other degree? Someone who understands should pls explain to me o.

as 1st choice

1 Like

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Ichel: 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
jaryeh: I don't get this Dibu's statistics. Was there any University applicant who didn't also apply for ND, NCE and the other degree? Someone who understands should pls explain to me o.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by ibitomisi: 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
Good news!!
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by jaryeh(m): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
ayoJ-21:

as 1st choice
Really? So, some people picked COEs as 1st choice? Funny.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Deiok(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ok oooh,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) / What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Michael Okpara University Agriculture Umudike Admission 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.