Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Getting A Life- Safarigirl - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Getting A Life- Safarigirl (29678 Views)

Getting A Life / Unwanted- Safarigirl / Oscar Wilde : A Life Of Scandals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
All Rights Reserved Copyright © safarigirl

This program ought to be interesting. Well, it was the first eight times she watched it. Now, she could barely make out the words they were saying...not that she didn't already know every line of the script.

The rumbling in her stomach reminded her that she hadn't eaten anything in days- well, she had eaten, but fruits, popcorn and water didn't exactly count as food.

Stand up and get some food.

Her inner voice had been telling her that for hours, she had managed to zone it out, but her stomach teaming up with that voice had made it louder and more insistent.

She dragged herself off her bed and made her way to the fridge, she passed by her mirror on the way and for the first time in weeks, Selly actually bothered to look at her reflection. She was in one word- a mess. Her ebony skin had lost it's glow, her once bright dark eyes were now dull and surrounded by bags that told of how tired she was, her narrow shoulders slumped and her long, dark hair that had once been envied by friends and foes alike had lost it's sheen and was now frizzy. She wore the same pyjamas she had on for the past week, a Minnie mouse pj he had gotten her for their first anniversary.

Him.

Her slender fingers grasped the hem of the shirt as her lips trembled, she was about to cry again. Selly shook her head, trying to stop the tears, but they fell still. She had long stopped the heaving and wailing, now, she just wept in silence. She wiped away the tears defiantly and continued on her way to the kitchen. She had been crying for over seven months. She knew because she had been counting the days she spent without him, because she had been waiting for the day he'd knock at her door, give her that charming smile that had made her fall for him, and tell her it was all a big joke and their wedding was still on. That hadn't happened....yet.

She knew her family thought she was crazy, she knew there were plans underway to get her psychiatric help. She wasn't crazy. They would never understand her. They were insensitive.

When she got to the kitchen, she noticed her answering machine and the red light signifying she had a message. She knew who it was. He had to get a life and stop bothering her...like she was even in a position to tell anyone to get a life. Her first instinct was to ignore the message, but on second thought, she went to the machine and pressed a button.

"Hey, it's me again." The now too familiar deep voice came from the machine, "I know you must be thinking I should get a life by now but...Selly, you really need to get out of that cage you've put yourself in, Linda said she went by your place today and you didn't open up, not that I'm counting, but that's the fourth time this week, I've come by twice that number and I've gotten the same silence. I know you haven't committed suicide- well, not literally, I don't think we'd be asking for too much if you just shouted 'I'm home, stop banging my door!' Once in a while, we don't expect to see you, just hear your voice."

Selly cracked a smile at that joke, as much as she didn't want to, Chuks always made her smile, with his messages.

"...you better not be smiling..." Her smile grew wider, that was another thing he was good at, predicting her next actions.

"...okay, I'll let this one slide. Selly, just...please don't shut us out. Linda misses you, I miss you, your family...we all miss you. I don't expect you to call me back, I just hope I at least made you smile."

The line went dead, leaving Selly in the heavy silence she had come to find solace in. The smile Chuks had brought slowly faded. She just stood staring at the machine for what felt like hours but was only a few minutes. Finally, she dragged herself away from it and toward the cupboard she kept her favorite cereal- their favorite cereal. She shook the thought away, Chuks had just made her smile, she wouldn't ruin it so quickly.

She didn't have to.

She opened her cupboard to discover she was out of Lucky Charms. Her eyes grew wide. No, no, no, she couldn't be out of it. She proceeded to check every cupboard in the kitchen and came up with...nothing. She could have sworn she had some left from...she frowned. She had been all out for days and hadn't noticed because she had been living off of fruits and water all this time.

"You're letting yourself go Selena." She heard his deep, soothing voice say.

"I'm not." She replied softly, without turning toward the direction the voice had come from.

"Yes you are." He insisted. She felt his large hands wrap around her smaller body and she leaned into his touch with a sigh, she missed his warmth, "You've lost a lot of weight too."

She smiled, but it was far from a happy one. She knew what was happening, but she wanted to enjoy this moment, she was having less of them as the days passed, "You always did say I wouldn't fit into my wedding dress." She joked, she took a deep breath, letting the scent of him waver around her, the smell of him soothed her in a way she never could figure out.

She felt him lower his head until he was nuzzling her neck, a tremble of desire went through her when he nibbled on the soft skin between her neck and shoulder, "You know I never meant that. And I definitely didn't want you this skinny."

She smiled, she knew as well as he did that as much as she had lost weight, she still hadn't attained the much coveted title of 'skinny' just yet, "You always were indecisive Chuka."

"Not where you were concerned Selly, from the second I laid eyes on you, I never wanted anyone else." He confessed.

Selly felt a tightness in her heart at that comment. He always knew what to say to get her emotions escalated. She turned around and looked up into his warm, brown eyes. She felt the tears well up in her eyes and fall even as she willed them not to, "I miss you Chukky." The words came out in a barely audible voice, but his ☺ told her he had heard her.

"I miss you too Selly, but I love you too much to see you like this." He replied, his voice warm and soothing, he was trying to convince her to change, he had been doing a lot of that recently, like Chuks and Linda had hired him. He wiped a fallen tear from her cheek, "It kills me to see you like this."

Selly held his gaze, they had had many conversations, but none had been this way, her brows furrowed in confusion, "Wha...what are you saying? Don't you want me to come to you anymore?"

He smiled again, "Sweetheart, I would want nothing more, but I don't want to see you before your time, I want to watch you live, I want to see you happy, to see that glow I fell for, I want to see you smile again. A genuine, big, happy smile. You being locked up here can't do that. Go out. You can start by going to the grocery store and getting that box of Lucky Charms."

She smiled at that comment. Her eyes darted to the digital clock next to her answering machine, it read 11:09. She looked back at him, "Now?" Her stomach rumbled at that moment like it was asking her to hurry.

He returned her smile, "Now is as good a time as ever."

She smiled and watched him lean down to place a light kiss on her forehead. A small sigh escaped her lips as she closed her eyes, when she opened them, he was gone.

This time though, she didn't fall onto her knees and cry her eyes out for hours like she usually did. Instead, she turned around and dragged her feet to her bedroom, she was going to get that cereal.

The night was cold, it was still early September, it shouldn't be so cold. Then again, it was almost midnight.

Selly checked her reflection with her side mirror just to make sure she didn't look like some homeless, abused person suffering from a serious case of dementia. She thought she looked pretty normal, never mind the ton of make-up she had to apply to cover up the bags under her eyes. She had tried to comb her hair, but once she dragged a large comb through it, she knew that task would have to be put off for another day, so she just packed it up in the messy ponytail it had been in previously. She initially wanted to change her pyjamas, but ended up only changing the shirt for a blue tank top.

Satisfied with what she saw, she stepped out of her car and walked the short distance to the store. When she stepped in, her eyes met the sales boy, he was new. She knew this because she used to frequent this store with...she stopped the thought and sent a warm smile his way, pleased he returned it, she went on her way, at least she didn't look so crazy he wouldn't return her smile.

She made her way to the aisle where cereals were sold just looking at the other stuff they had up for sale with no intention of buying anything else but the Lucky Charms. When she finally got to the shelf for cereals, she scanned through everyone up, finally spotting a box of Lucky Charms at the far end of the shelf. It was the only one left, she sighed in relief, happy she had met the last one.

She walked briskly to it and reached for the box despite the fact that it was almost beyond the reach of her 5ft.4" frame. Her hand finally grabbed it...but her fingers weren't the only ones on the box.

Selly's eyes left the box and shot at the owner of the pale fingers that now refused to let go of HER cereal. Her breath hitched in her throat as a pair of brown eyes fell on her, eyes she had fallen in love with, only, they didn't belong to the same person she knew possessed them.

Rather than the huge, caramel-skinned man she had been engaged to, this man was tall, lean and Asian. He was beautiful. His hair was midnight black and went past his shoulders, she didn't know where it ended, bit she assumed it was just a few inches above his mid-back, it was held by a thin piece of rubber band right at the nape of his neck, two loose strands on both sides of his face framed it beautifully, softening otherwise masculine features, his nose was small and aquiline, his upper lip was thin, but the lower half was much fuller- and in a tight frown. He looked like the human version of Samurai Jack, she knew that was a lame comparison, but she swore if the cartoon had a movie, he would play the lead.

"You know you can let go of my cereal now." Samurai Jack finally spoke in a deep, velvety voice that complemented his looks and was filled with...irritation?

It took Selly a few seconds to register those words, but when she did, she was far from pleased by them, "Excuse me?" She spat, who did he think he was using that tone with?

He rolled his eyes like she was exasperating him, "My cereal? You're creasing the box." He said with the same tone.

This time, she frowned, "YOUR cereal? I got this first."

He scoffed, "Oh, really? You mean when you were jumping to reach it?"

Now she was offended, typical, the hot ones always had an attitude, "Really? Short jokes coming from an Asian?"

That question got the desired effect as he frowned, "Who's over 6 feet tall."

"A rare breed in millions."

"You sound ignorant, didn't you go to school?" He chuckled and then answered his question, "Of course not, you'd rather live off of tax payers' money and whatever you can squeeze out of your 'baby daddy'" he had on a smirk at that statement.

Oh, he did NOT just say that to her, she was just minutes away from damning it all and finally getting booked for assault, or even murder if he couldn't zip his pretty mouth, "You fucking jerk! That's racist!" Technically, it wasn't, but it was still offensive.

"You drew first blood, stop screaming blue murder."

Selly wanted to make a retort but bit her tongue instead, he was right, but that didn't make her feel any better, "I need this cereal."

He laughed, it was a pleasant sound that gave Selly goose pimples- and not in a bad way. The last time someone's laugh had had this effect on her was..., "Well, lucky you, I need it too."

It was apparent he wasn't going to make this ease, "Please, I need it more."

"Is it a matter of life and death?"

"No, but.."

"Then you don't need it."

Selly sighed, "Aren't gentlemen supposed to let ladies have what they need?" That was her being desperate. She looked up at his pleadingly.

He was amused, "You women always want to have your cake and eat it. When things favor you, it's because you deserve it and you're a lady, when they don't, you pull out the gender equality card, how convenient."

Selly went still at those words, she vividly remembered who used those exact words everytime she gave him that line. Her mouth went dry and she felt a headache coming on, she looked up at those familiar brown eyes and slowly let go of the cereal and stepped away from the man. No, this wasn't happening to her, it was too surreal.

The man looked at her with a mixture of concern and confusion, "Are you okay?" He asked.

She shook her head absent-mindedly, she turned on her heels and ran out of the store with the speed of light totally ignoring the Asian man who was now calling for her to take the cereal, she guessed her efforts to look sane had gone to the dogs. She ran to her car and got in starting it as quickly as she could. She knew she should have remained indoors. Damn Chuka! He hadn't come to her for over a week and then he suddenly came today of all days and convinced her to go out and look where that had gotten her- right back to her hysterics....no, no, she didn't mean that, she wasn't mad at him.

"I'm sorry Chukky." She spoke into the empty car as she drove home. She just needed a good sleep is all, she had been going through a terrible case of insomnia, so it wouldn't be far-fetched that she was seeing and hearing things that weren't real. But how did he...? Sleep. She would just sleep.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
* there's some PG18 ish going on in this update, so do well to avoid it if you're underaged wink

Tai maintained a firm grip on his steering wheel as he looked ahead at the house he assumed the strange lady lived in and debated if he should go knock at the door or just drive home, after all he had already gotten his cereal.

Why had he even followed her in the first place? It was almost 1:00am, he shouldn't be out this late sitting in the driveway of a female he knew nothing of. He wasn't sure why he had chased after her, but that look of fear and bewilderment in her eyes just before she ran oFf had affected him more than he cared to accept. He usually didn't care about that, there were loads of crazy people in this country any ways, but her....there was just something about her that drew his interest and he didn't just mean her beauty.

Despite the cool facade he had displayed at the convenience store, he did find her disarmingly beautiful. He wasn't one to take interest in black women- he was no racist, but prior to today, he had pretty much been indifferent towards them, this one though, was breath-taking. Her skin was a rich dark tone, reminding him of coffee beans, her eyes were dark and expressive with a feline slant to them, they were framed by thick lashes, she had a cute little button nose, her lips were a light shade of pink- contrasting beautifully with her dark skin, they were full and pouty and he wouldn't deny he had envisioned kissing them during their exchange just to confirm if they were as soft and supple as they looked.

She had a petite frame like the women of his race, but she wasn't as thin, he had noticed how her breasts filled out the tank top she had on and the generous cleavage she had on display, and even in her Minnie Mouse pj's- which he found oddly cute, he could tell she possessed full hips as well.

In all sincerity, the whole scene at the store was quite unnecessary, he could have let her have the cereal, he had just thought to drop by the store on his way from a friend's place, it wasn't like he had gotten out of bed and driven all the way like she did, he could have waited till the morning for a re-stock and just returned then, but he wanted to keep her there while he checked her out. Her change in demeanor though, changed his train of thought.

He grabbed the box of Lucky Charms sitting in the passenger's seat and got out of the car, he walked up to her door and could have sworn she was talking to someone in there, though her voice was faint and he couldn't hear anyone else. He knocked softly and listened, he couldn't hear a sound, he repeated the action and waited, still nothing.

A small voice in his head told him to try one more time just when he turned to be on his way thinking she was in no mood for visitors. He obeyed it and knocked just a little louder this time.

"Who's there?" He heard a small voice ask.

Who's there? Tai thought. Truth was, he hadn't quite come up with a reply when she asked that question throughout his drive here- it was hard to think up much while trying to keep up with her driving, "Um...it's the guy from the convenience store, I don't know, you seem like you wanted the Lucky Charms so badly, I thought I should just bring it over, we could share..." The door flew open before he could finish his sentence.

"Come in." She spoke softly as she stepped aside.

He smiled, "Thank you."

Selly couldn't help the odd stare she was sending this guy's way. She was grateful he decided to share with her, but why? It didn't make any sense for one to just drive up to a stranger's house and offer to share a box of cereal with her, plus, he hadn't exactly been nice to her at the convenience store. She thought she should be wary of him, but he hadn't sent any negative vibes her way so far- well, apart from his following her.

"You know, it's not polite to stare." He spoke as he dropped his bowl of cereal on a nearby table, she assumed he was through.

"I wasn't staring." She lied diverting her eyes to some other object.

He chuckled, "Yes, you were just looking intensely." He replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm. She shot him a glare he didn't fail to take notice of, but thankfully, said nothing, "My name is Tai, any chance I will be getting yours before the morning comes?"

It was only now she noticed he had a slight accent making her wonder were in Asia he was from, "Selly."

"Is that the full name?"

"No."

He raised his brows, "Do I get the full name?" He asked when it seemed like she wasn't forthcoming with any information.

"Is Tai your full name?" She snapped.

What was up with her? She was so temperamental, "As a matter of fact, yes, it is. What? You thought my full name would be Tai-rese or Tai-ron, no wait, Tai-chi maybe?"

Selly frowned, okay, so maybe she was just a little too aggressive, "Selena." She grumbled.

"Excuse me? I didn't get that, could it be another witty comment?"

"It's Selena alright? My full name is Selena." She shouted.

He just sat there, unaffected by her raised voice, she knew only one other person who gave her that reaction when she raised her voice at him...she didn't want to remember, "You do know it's like two in the morning, right?"

Selena ignored his comment, what she really wanted to do was ask him to leave, he was making her really uncomfortable with those damned gorgeous eyes and roguish looks. Why the hell would Chuka want her to meet him? Was he so sick of her that he wanted to pass her off to another man? And even at that, couldn't he have just sent someone who looked more like Homer Simpson rather than her cartoon crush? She still wouldn't wrap her head around the fact that there actually was a living, breathing Samurai Jack.

Tai knew he had over-stayed his welcome, it was evident in her body language that she didn't enjoy his company anymore, it kind of saddened him. So why wasn't he standing up and saying Sayonara to the pretty black lady? Because that damn voice wouldn't leave his head and was pushing him to stay longer, "So who's he?" He began casually. He had no idea where that question came from, it just popped out...but he wasn't taking it back.

"Excuse me?" Selly shot, how dare he ask her such? He had no right.

"The man you're wasting away for, who is...or was, he?" He asked with a quirked brow.

Selena's gaze hardened, "You should leave." She replied as she stood and made her way to the door. In her head, she was cursing the shit out of Tai, and saving some for Chuka, oh he was going to get an ear-full once Tai was gone.

Tai smiled and got off the sofa, he walked to the door, taking his time out to ogle her curvy behind just a little, she had a perfect little butt, "Was he a loved one? Of course he was. Your boyfriend? Fiance maybe?" He asked standing behind her.

Now, he had crossed the line, "Listen, you..." The words got stuck in her throat as she turned around and discovered he was much closer than she had thought. She suddenly felt nervous, and some other feeling she refused to acknowledge.

Tai stepped closer, making her back away, her back hit the door and a devilish smile crept upon his lips, "You were saying?" He asked, he didn't care that he had only known this woman for a few hours, one thing was clear- he wanted her, he knew she was recovering from- or rather, wallowing in what must have been a serious relationship with another man, but it wouldn't be insensitive if he just got a little taste of what his predecessor had been enjoying

Selena felt his hand wrap around her waist, what the...? She was pulled flush against his body, she stared up at him, too shocked to speak, had he lost his mind?

"I'm going to kiss you now." He stated.

Before Selly could fully process those words, his lips came crashing down on hers, her eyes widened in shock, what the Bleep was he doing? She tried to push him off, but he wouldn't budge, instead, his hand palmed her butt. She gasped and without missing a beat, his tongue shot into her mouth. A tremor passed through Selly at the contact of his tongue in her mouth and she released a needy moan. Damn, it had been so long since she had been kissed, and Tai was so good, he tasted of the Lucky Charms they had just had and something else...mint? Every flick of his tongue made her tremble with desire, she found herself returning his passionate kiss as her tongue duelled with his, his other hand grabbed the assss cheek that hadn't been touched and fondled her behind making her whimper, she felt a dull throb begin in her nether regions and her nippl/es harden, for the first time in months, she was sexually excited.

And then it occurred to her what exactly was going on, she was making out with a man she barely knew, but even worse, what if Chuka was somewhere around? With a strength she hadn't known she possessed, she pushed Tai away.

"How dare you?" She asked as she slapped him hard across his cheek. His hand came up to touched his slapped cheek, the heated desire that had filled his eyes only moments ago, now cleared, as he stared at her in shock, "Get out! Get out now!" She screamed.

His eyes toured her body lascivously one more time, lingering on her chest where her betraying nipp.l3s poked out of her shirt, "I guess I'll see you some other time than." He said with a smirk, he winked at her and opened the door, "Oh, and keep the cereal." He added just before he stepped out.

Selly banged the door shut. She dug her fingers in her hair, what had she been thinking? How could....why? Christ! What would Chuka say?

"He's nice." The very familiar deep voice broke the silence.

She turned to her fiance with blazing eyes, "What the hell Chukky?! You knew about him, didn't you?" She asked, her voice accusatory.

He shrugged, "Maybe. He's quite straightforward too." He continued.

"Why are you doing this Chukky?" She asked, her voice filled with despair, she didn't understand why he'd want to get rid of her, she had mourned him for months!

He sighed and approached her, "Because Selena, I want the best for you..."

"And you think he's the best? A man who's so brazen he kisses a woman he barely knows?"

He smiled as he looked down at her, "You liked it, didn't you?"

If she wasn't dark, she would have turned crimson at his accusation, "I...he...that's not the point Chukky!" She snapped as she glared at him, she didn't mean to flip like that, but the truth in those words angered her.

He maintained a warm smile like she hadn't just snapped at him, "What are you scared of Selly? It's been 7 months, you've had more than enough time to grieve, it's time to start living again, and that guy...Tai, he's who's best for you." He spoke softly, his eyes pleading with her to understand his motive.

"How do you know that? You're what's best for me." She insisted, her voice almost inaudible.

He reached for her and pulled her into his arms, he began patting her hair, "I'm not with you anymore my love, I'm not in this world, you have to move on. You know I would never let just anyone near you."

Selly held on to him, he was right, he wouldn't let just anyone come around her, she could tell, even if he failed to show it, that he wasn't enthusiastic about giving her up, but just maybe, this was what was best for her.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
Tai stared at his work two hours after he had started it, it was completed. It wasn't what his normal characters looked like, but he felt his audience would be receptive to the idea and he could even attract more followers.

He had worked as an artist and writer for an Anime company for six years rising in the ranks to be one of the best in what was popularly known as Japanese Anime, he created all sorts, from kids animation to Anime po/rn, though he was more involved with the latter. His characters were usually Asian, in the last two years, he had tried to infuse some variety by including caucasian characters, his audience had received the change quite nicely, and he even had an increased following, but this was different.

Today, his work was a reflection of his fantasy- or fantasies, the last time he had fantasised so much about a woman was when he was fourteen, the object being his friend's mother. This time though, it was none other than the woman he had encountered two days ago- Selly, even her name got him worked up in all the nice ways, he wouldn't even say what thoughts of the kiss they shared did to his internal organs.

He was so smitten with her it bordered on obsession, all he could think of was her expressive eyes, her full, soft lips, the way her soft, feminine body molded against his when he kissed her, if he were a musician, he would've written songs to make the late great Frank Sinatra green with envy, being an artist though, he channelled his thoughts to other areas.

The drawing portrayed an Asian man with a black woman, who he had to admit, looking harder now, looked a lot like Selena, in various stages of love-making, he had to admit, it was his best work so far- or he just thought that because it was connected to him unlike past works.

"Nice."

Tai turned swiftly to find Dylan, his friend and co-worker a few feet behind him, staring at his work, "Hey." He said returning his eyes to the painting that had held his attention before Dylan's interruption.

"Hey to you too." Dylan replied as he approached his friend, "This is new." He commented on the work.

"Yes, I know that." He replied, he stared a little harder at it, suddenly doubting if it would sell, "You think the boss would like it?" He asked, seeking validation from someone else, he had never done that. Basically, he was an arrogant jerk as far as his works were concerned, he might as well have been Michel Angelo to the Japanese Anime industry in his view, he did what he liked and anyone who didn't approve of it could go skydiving without a parachute, this time though, this meant a little more than his ego.

Hence, Dylan's silence, Tai had to turn to him to confirm that he truly had spoken to him before the blonde, spiky-haired, blue-eyed man asked warily, "You were asking me?" He asked, his voice laden with disbelief.

"Except there's someone else in the room, I believe so." Tai replied.

Dylan raised his brows and chuckled, "Dude, have you been smoking some illegal shit?"

"Not that I'm aware of. Do you think the boss would like this? Or our audience?"

"Well, hell yeah! The shi/t's giving me a hard-on already, how the hell did you think up that sexy vixen?" Dylan asked, his eyes returning to the impressive painting. He always had thought of Tai as a bad-ass artist, but this just raised his cred two notches higher. He didn't think he could get any higher.

Tai restrained himself from looking lower to confirm if Dylan truly was having a boner, the comment about the female in the painting though made sure of that. He knew it was just a painting of her, but he couldn't help but feel jealous that another man found Selly sexy.

"I didn't think it up." He replied plainly.

Dylan creased his brows trying to figure out that comment, "So you're saying...that s/hit is real? Like, there's actually a woman who looks like that?" He asked his voice filled with disbelief.

Well, not exactly, he thought, most of it really was what he thought she looked like beneath her clothes, the rest was confirmed.

"Dude, you gotta hook me up..." Dylan stopped speaking when Tai's eyes narrowed in on him and basically dared him to keep talking, his eyes widened in realisation, "You like her?"

Tai was silent, he just returned to staring at his work.

"Dude, I would've figured you for a lot of things, but a mocha-lover? I thought you were stuck on the Asian honeys? What happened to not ruining the gene pool and all that shiiit you preached?" Dylan asked.

Tai again, ignored his friend, yes, he had said those things, and he had been adamant on dating strictly East Asians, but that was before he met Selena, all that shi/t went out the window and into the garbage once he tasted her lips.

Dylan's hand came on his shoulder, "I must warn you my friend, if you're going to go after a black chic, you better have some balls on you, cos those ladies don't take shit from nobody, they're not like your Asian chics that bend over when you say so, they'll fight you tooth, nail, claws, and whatever other sharp objects they can come up with before they bend."

Tai smiled, he could imagine Selly fighting him, she would make a sexy little hell cat. Inwardly, he was hoping Dylan was right, he was itching to tame whatever sexy beast she turned out to be.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 10:53pm On Jul 01, 2014

The smell of pancakes, bacon and eggs wafted through the air, music from the stereo filtering through the entire house, Trey Songz' 'Simply amazing' was the chosen song of the day- well, it was the chosen song for everyday since the first time they heard it.

Both occupants of the house sang along to it, though in separate parts of the house, making sure the other party heard them.

A smile was plastered on Selly's face as she set their breakfast on the table and waited for Chuka to come join her. She couldn't remember a morning spent with him that she didn't smile. His presence made her happy, it warmed her to think that in a month, this was going to be the rest of her life; waking up in the arms of a gorgeous man, hearing him declare his love for her before anything else, watching his beautiful smile, having chit-chats over breakfast before heading for work, meeting up for lunch and then going home with him later in the day to relax and watch the news or a movie. Things couldn't get better than that.

The last two years of her life had been surreal and the happiest in her life, she had met a man who loved her and who made her believe in love, sure he had flaws, but who didn't? She counted herself lucky to have gotten someone as nice, caring and loving as Chuka was, she knew it sounded soppy, but love made one think soppy thoughts.

She smiled as the sound of his voice let her know he was coming closer, that deep, soronous voice that reminded her of Bryan Knight, she almost laughed at herself, she swore she was getting cornier by the day.

"Hey beautiful." He greeted as he walked into the kitchen. It didn't matter that he had called her beautiful eight times just this morning, it was something she was accustomed to hearing.

"Hey handsome." She replied as she rinsed off the frying pan. He came up behind her and pulled her into a hug, she closed her eyes briefly loving the feel of his hard body pressed against hers and breathing in the intoxicating scent of him. She smiled, he was wearing the Calvin Klein cologne she had gotten him for his birthday, he said the smell of it reminded him of her.

He placed a light peck by the corner of her eye, "So, what are we doing today?" He asked, he gave her arms a quick rub before he went to the table. She sighed longingly at the loss of his warmth.

"Working." She replied with a smile as she joined him. He returned her smile and shook his head as he dug into her tasty pancakes, "So,have you applied for that transfer we talked about?" She asked. For the past two months, she had been trying unsuccessfully to talk him into leaving his position as a Literature teacher in a public school in the Bronx, she understood that he felt he had an obligation to help out some gifted but disturbed kids and his determination to do this made her love him even more, but she needed him alive and the school he taught at had a reputation for having teachers turn up dead.

She knew this conversation would end up just like the others- with him assuring her that all was well, and she would take his word for it and let it go, but it wouldn't hurt to try and hope she was successful this time.

Chuka shook his head with a warm smile, "Selly, we've talked about this before, if you need an update, my answer remains, 'no'" he replied. It didn't matter that she had tried to convince him to change his mind more times than most men could tolerate, he always remained calm, level-headed and jocular with his replies like she was bringing it up for the first time.

"Chukky." She whined.

"Selly." He mimicked her tone making her smile, "Seriously baby, I know how you feel about this and I understand it, I would be worried too if the tables were turned and you were in a dangerous situation, but I would also learn to respect and live with it, that's all I ask of you, trust me to keep myself safe."

"But what if something beyond your control happens? What if...what if you're killed?" She asked, her mellowed voice speaking of the fear that gripped her at that thought, she couldn't bear to live without him- no, she just couldn't live if he died.

He took her hand in his and brought it to his lips, "Obi m, I won't be killed, no powers on earth or beyond can stop me from making you my wife, so death shouldn't even be considered."

She gave him a nervous smile and reluctantly dropped the subject, she did have his word.

It turned out his word meant nothing over the things he couldn't control. She vividly remembered the call that came in in the late hours of the morning that same day; it was 11:34, she could never forget the time. Chuks- Chuka's younger brother, had called her and told her he needed to see her and it was urgent, just the sound of his voice had told her something really bad had happened and she couldn't stop her mind from going to Chuka, she went into panic mode, she had asked him a ton of questions all at once, but Chuks had told her it wasn't something he could say over the phone and that he was on his way to her office.

By the time Chuks got to her office, she was already waiting- and crying. Somehow within that ten minutes it took Chuks to get there, she had figured something was wrong with Chuka, why else would Chuks make an impromptu stop at her office instead of Chuka? It was Chuka who made stops, and if ever Chuks did, Chuka would call her and inform her he wouldn't make it, she had checked her call log many times and saw nothing. All she could think of was that morning, dammit she should've insisted! She knew something would go wrong, she should've made sure he never left the house.

As soon as she got into the car, the first words she spoke were, "Where's Chukky?"

Chuks hadn't given her an answer, but going by his blood-shot eyes and trembling fingers, she knew it wasn't good news.

"Chuks, where is Chuka?" She asked, her voice a pitch higher in her agitated state. Still, she got no response, she thought she was going to have a heart-attack with all of this tension.

She couldn't stand it, this suspense, it would kill her, "Damn it Chukwudi, where the Bleep is Chuka?!" She screamed using his full name for the first time in....ever.

"He's at the city morgue." He replied quietly, his eyes never leaving the road.

A chill ran through Selly's body, she suddenly lost the ability to breathe, no, it couldn't be, it simply couldn't be, "Wha...what is he...what is he doing at the mor...morgue?" She croaked, her voice low and a rivulet of tears slowly streaming down her cheeks. She waited with lost hope for Chuks' reply, it never came- at least not with words, instead, she watched a teardrop roll down her future brother-in-law's cheek- that was all the answer she needed.

She went numb as realisation hit her like a wave of tsunamic proportions- he was dead. Her rock was gone.

The car slowly came to a halt as he parked in the hospital's parking lot. He turned off the engine but neither of them made any attempt to get out.

"What happened?" She asked quietly after a few minutes. She knew it wouldn't change anything for her, but still, she needed to know.

Chuks took in a deep breath, a sure sign that he was about to say something, "He...he was stabbed...in the chest." He replied coldly, that was the only armour against the pain he felt coldness.

Selena's hand flew to her mouth to stop the wail that was set to escape as the tears returned in full force, she couldn't imagine her Chuka lying dead, his blood leaving his body and staining the ground. Her brain produced various questions, but her mouth couldn't utter one.

She didn't have to ask any as he continued, "He...a student of his was in a fight with another boy, something about a debt or so, he stepped in to stop the fight, he was talking to his student to calm him down and the other kid...he got out a knife...." He paused to gather his thoughts and emotions as he shook off the brimming tears, "....he got out a knife and charged at them, Chuka turned around to stop him, but he wasn't fast enough and the knife was lodged in his chest, he died on the spot."

He died on the spot.Those words were the end of her.

Selly didn't realise she was crying until she was the tear drops on the surface of the framed picture of she and Chuka. She had been re-arranging some of her things more out of boredom than anything else when she came across the picture, there was no doubt in her mind that Chuks had hidden it- not well enough though. Still, he was smart enough to hide all the pictures in different places so even if she did find one, it would take her a while to find another.

"How did you get that?"

Selly raised her teary eyes up to see Chuka looking not-so-pleased, he wasn't frowning, but his lips were closer to a frown than a smile, "I..." Her voice croaked.

"You know it's not even important, just return it."

She sat there for a while, just staring at him, her grip tightening on the picture.

An exasperated sigh left his lips, "You can't keep doing this to yourself Selly, you can't keep doing this to me, you have no idea how much I want to kill myself a second time everytime I see you cry knowing it's my fault."

"It is your fault. If you had just listened..." Her voice trailed off as she fought back more tears- unsuccessfully.

He went to her and stooped so that he was eye-level with her sitting form, he leaned closer and kissed the tears away, his brown eyes losing their anger to compassion, "We can't choose the way we go my love, or the time."

His words just annoyed her the more, "That...you were only trying to help, you didn't deserve to die Chukky! We were going to be married in a month's time, just one fucking month to go and they killed you! They...he killed you." She broke down this time, her face resting against the crook of his neck and her trembling hands wrapped around it for support.

"Shh." He soothed as he stroked her hair lightly, "Better that I left before we got married, it's much harder being a widow than a dead guy's fiancee."

She shook her head in disagreement, "I would've preferred to be your widow."

He smiled, "No, you would've been dead if I had married you and died on you." His eyes bored into hers, daring her to challenge that fact. She didn't, "Now, get up, take a shower and change into something nice."

She gave him a puzzled look through teary eyes, "Why?"

"Well, for one thing, I'm sick of seeing you in these darned pj's, it must smell like a dead rat by now, and another, Linda and Chuks are on their way here with the full intention of breaking down that door if you don't open, I don't know about you, but I really like that door."

Selly chuckled as she wiped her tears, "Will you be here when I'm through?"

He returned her smile, "Obi m, I will always be with you." He replied, he placed a light peck upon her nose and faded away.

Selly sat in the silence for a while, finally pulling herself together. She stood up and made her way to the bathroom, she supposed she'd have to look decent for her guests.

She started the shower, adjusting the temperature until it was warm. She stepped into the shower and let the water hit her for a while, relishing the soothing feeling that washed over her tense nerves, damn, what she would do for a nice massage now.

She wondered if Tai was a good masseuse...Tai, how had she remembered his name with such ease? She was terrible with names, and why the Bleep did he come to mind when she thought of a masseuse? She barely even knew the guy and she was already thinking of his hands massaging her.

She shook thoughts of him away, refusing to even consider the fact that she was actually thinking of another man for the first time in almost 3 years, she chalked it up to being locked up in the house for so long. Of course, when she had alienated herself from the rest of humanity for so long, it made perfect sense to be plagued by thoughts of the first man that had actually touched her in any way.

When she finally got out of the shower, she was met with her reflection, she didn't look as gutted or untidy as she had a week ago, but her hair remained in that ponytail. It had been so long since she had touched it, maybe it was time she did something about the dark mass, she did have to look presentable for her visitors. And so she began the arduous task of fixing up her hair, she had always been good with hair, so it wasn't anything she'd need help with.

Twenty minutes went by before she was finally able to tame her wild hair to look presentable, it wasn't as pretty as she used to make it, but it was lookable. She had ended up cutting off a good amount when she found it difficult to comb through, so now the hair lay just past her ears, she had curled the front to a cute side bang that covered one of her eyes. She was fairly pleased with the result.

Just as she took out a pair of skinny jeans, she heard the sound of a car parking in her drive-way, she didn't need to look through the window to know who it was- or who they were. She quickly pulled the jeans up her legs, she dragged the first shirt she could lay her hands on and pulled it over her head, it was a blue-colored, sleeveless sequined top she had bought on an impulse two years ago. She didn't bother remembering what had happened after that buy.

The first knock came as she strapped on her blue flat sandals, "I'm coming." She shouted.

The knock didn't repeat it's self. She managed to powder her face and add a little amount of gloss on her full lips before she left her bedroom. As she made her way to the door she wondered if they had left already, the silence on the other side was weird.

She unlocked the door and took in a deep breath as she prepared her mind to finally see the loved ones she had kept at bay for 7 months, but never stopped visiting her. These were her true family, the ones who hadn't tired of her and her 'antics', the ones who weren't planning to throw her into a mental home.

She opened up the door and was met with...shock. Chuks and Linda stood at her door, their eyes filled with shock and disbelief, perhaps they hadn't thought they'd have things this easy with her. She gave a shy smile, "Hi."

Linda was the first to come out of that shock. She gave a loud shriek and pulled Selly into a lung-constricting hug, "Selly!! God, I've missed you so badly, promise you'll never scare us like that ever again, we've been so worried. I told Chuks I'd break the door down if you didn't open up." The blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty said, her eyes gleaming in her excitement. Linda was always the fun-loving, bubbly one of their crew.

Selly smiled, "I got tired of being locked up, and I ran out of Lucky Charms." She replied.

Linda laughed, "Really? You opened up because of cereal?" She asked in disbelief, it didn't matter why she opened up though, she was just glad she did.

Chuks, who hadn't spoken all the while stepped forward, Selly looked up at him, a sad ☺ came upon her face, God, he looked so much like his brother she felt she'd go into a relapse again. He pulled her into a warm hug, he was the one with the most understanding of what she had been through these past months, he had been the last person to see her before she had secluded herself, he had been the one to call and give her the daily dose of humor she was in desperate need of. No day passed without a call from him, many times when she had felt suicidal, it was that one message from him that made her think otherwise. The fact that there was somebody- no, two people in the world who cared for her almost as much as she had cared for Chuka, two people whose lives would be empty without her as much as hers had been without Chuka, kept her going.

She breathed in his scent, pushing away the tears that threatened to fall as she thought of how similar this felt to when she would hug his brother, "Welcome back Selly." He said softly once he released her.

She smiled her appreciation, "Thanks Chuksy." She replied.

"Okay, okay, enough of the emotional re-union." Linda said as she stood between Chuks and Selly, she flung an arm around Selly's neck, "my girl is finally out of her self-imposed house arrest and I propose we celebrate."

Selly smiled, just like Linda to always have a reason to 'celebrate' ie find some place to party until they got kicked out.

"Sounds like a good idea to me." Chuks replied.

"I know just the place."

Selly almost rolled her eyes at that, Linda knew ALL the places anyway.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by princesa(f): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2014
Yes oh, na only me waka come cool

Thanks girl...keep the updating coming. I've read past this updates.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
princesa: Yes oh, na only me waka come cool

Thanks girl...keep the updating coming. I've read past this updates.
I was thinking of uploading some pictures of the characters.

What do you think? Should I?
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by princesa(f): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
safarigirl:
I was thinking of uploading some pictures of the characters.

Tis good, I'd personally love to see how Tai looks like with the brown eyes and long hair grin and offcourse little grieving Selly sad.

But dnt make it too heavy so it doesn't sap mb wink
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by heemah(f): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
Following. You are good.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Lorlaahlozz: 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
Following...I love d way u write
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Coolval22com: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
safarigirl: I was thinking of uploading some pictures of the characters.

Nice, cøol story. Sent you a PM
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
'The place' turned out to be a nice restaurant on the other side of town that had been opened sometime during the 7 months she had been locked up. It was a Thai restaurant that Selly absolutely fell in love with once she stepped in. She loved the ambience of the place, she loved the mixture of red and blue colors that adorned the place, she especially loved the art, they were apparently of Thai origin, and they were perfect. Whoever did them must be one talented artist.

She was listening to one of Linda's many stories about 'some skinny ho', she always found Linda's 'skinny ho' stories interesting mostly because Linda wasn't exactly a 'thick ho', hell, selly could bet some of the females linda dubbed that title were much thicker than he. Not that linda was skinny in the real sense of the word, but her 112 pound frame didn't pack a lot of fat.

"Like, the bitch got all up in my face and I won't having none of that so I told her to back off before I gave her face a re-construction, and you'd never guess what happened next." Linda said, she paused to take a sip of her iced tea, "...damn, we gotta ask them what they put in this shit, it is good..." She said as she dropped the glass by her side.

Chuks smiled, "I doubt they'd want to tell."

Linda leaned closer like she was about to divulge a damning secret, "Maybe we can steal it." She whispered.

Selly shook her head, she had definitely missed Linda. She shoved another forkful of the meal on her plate, she couldn't remember the name, but it tasted heavenly, she made a note to get the name before she left this place- and find out if they did take-out too.

As she chewed on her meal, her eyes took a quick survey of the place, the customers were evenly spread, mostly Asians and caucasians though, perhaps she and Chuks were the only black people here. It was hard to tell though, since she didn't have a view of the entire place from where she sat.

She was just swallowing the delicious food when she caught sight of a familiar face, was that Tai? She choked on her food as her eyes widened, she began coughing erratically.

"Oh my God, Selly are you okay?" Linda asked as she hurriedly handed her the glass of iced tea by her side. Selly accepted it and drank a little, by the time the coughing stopped, virtually everyone in the restaurant was looking their way- including Tai.

An Asian woman who had been sitting at Tai's table with him stood up and made her way towards them, her face filled with concern as her petite frame reached their table at lightning speed.

"Hello." The woman began with a friendly smile, "I hope you're okay." She said as she leaned closer to look straight at Selly's face. She was a very pretty woman, her hair was dark and was fixed in a bun, she was fairly old going by the crow's feet by the corners of her eyes.

Selly nodded,taking her eyes off the woman to glance at Tai who was staring at her with a smirk on his face, "Yes, yes, I'm fine. I just need to use the rest room." She replied, suddenly feeling the need to get away from those brown eyes.

"Of course, it's over there." The woman said pointing to the other end of the restaurant, "Just walk down the hallway, the first door to your left." She directed.

"Thanks." Selly replied with a smile, she stood up immediately.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Linda asked, her voice laced with concern.

"No Lin, I'll be okay." She replied, she made her way towards the direction the woman had pointed at, cursing the fact that she'd have to walk past Tai on her way there. She made sure to keep her head down and walk briskly past him, she felt his eyes on her as she walked by but didn't look to confirm.

Once she made it to the rest room, she released a breath she hadn't been aware she was holding. What the hell was he doing here? Was he stalking her? She hadn't seen him when they came in, had he come in later? But she could see the front door from her position and she hadn't seen him enter, maybe he had been there and she hadn't noticed him. She stared at her reflection, she looked like she had seen a ghost. She almost laughed at that thought, she had been seeing a ghost for the past 7 months and she had never looked half as pale as she did now.

Suddenly she didn't feel like going back out there. Why did she feel this way when she saw him? Fine, he was a hottie, but so what? She had seen her fair share of hotties, she had been engaged to a hottie and she had never felt so...self-conscious and shy. She had to get a hold of herself, besides Linda and Chuks were out there, they were going to start thinking she truly had lost her mind if she didn't get out soon.

They wouldn't be here long, she could just go back there and tell them she wasn't feeling good and they'd be out of here and she would be away from Tai, she'd never have to see him again....maybe that last part wouldn't go as well as planned.

She did some breathing exercise to calm herself and walked to the door, thankful no one else had interrupted her little session. Now, she'd just have to walk past him again, it shouldn't be that difficult, she'd just do as she did on her way here.

She opened the door and literally bumped into something hard, damn it, what kind of person stood right in front of a freaking rest room? She raised her eyes at the imposing structure that almost took up the entire space to find those familiar eyes, her breath seized in her throat, she should have known it would be difficult to escape him.

"Hello Lucky Charm." He said softly, "Fancy we meet again."

Selly's eyes moved to his lips, God they were beautiful! Just remembering how well he used them made her feel warm, she quickly lowered her eyes, he was an irritant, yes, he needed to stay away from her and mind his own damn business, "You're in my way."

"I know that, and I intend to remain in your way throughout the duration of this conversation." He replied cockily.

She could hear the smile in his voice, "Listen Mr..."

"Tai." He corrected, "I doubt I was that bad a kisser that you'd forget my name." He teased.

He just had to remind her, she raised her head up at him, damn he was tall. She initially intended to focus on his eyes, but the familiarity of those eyes made her uncomfortable, so she brought her eyes lower so that she was looking at his nose instead, yes, much better for her senses, "That was a mistake, I don't know you and you don't know me either. I understand that you must have been very tired that night like I was and...we do dumb things when we're tired and sleepy, so I won't hold it against you, but you need to stop following me."

He scoffed, "Following you? Honey, this restaurant belongs to my sister, the Asian lady that came to ask how you were feeling. I didn't know you'd be here, but I am very glad you are, I won't lie cuz I'm truly tired of driving past your house five times a day hoping that I'll catch you outside. I've been doing that for a week and I have to tell you, I don't have a lot of gas money."

He had been driving by her house? What the hell was he thinking doing that? Her neighbor, Mrs. Peterson was very paranoid and could've called the cops on him. Then again, what did she care if he got arrested? It would even do her some good to know he was locked up somewhere he wouldn't get to disturb her.

"That's nice of you, but you need to stop doing that, my neighbor doesn't take too kindly to strange cars passing our street five times a day."

"You mean Mrs. Peterson? Lovely old woman, did you know she loves Thai food?"

So he had met Mrs. Peterson and somehow wormed his way into her good books, she wasn't sure if she should be disturbed about that fact or indifferent because that woman was difficult to please. Maybe she had a thing for tall, handsome, strapping Asian men who brought her Thai food, "No, I didn't know that. Can you just leave my way? I have to return to my friends."

"Well, I was hoping you could give me your phone number so I wouldn't have to waste gas driving by your place so many times." He suggested, a mischievous glint in his eyes

Her phone number? He had to be off his rockers if he thought he was going to get her number or any other form of contact relating to her, "No, no I won't give you my phone number. I don't know you."

"You know my name, and I believe letting me into your house and kissing me has automatically removed me from your book of strangers."

"I don't even know your last name..."

"Tarrin. Get used to it because it could someday be your last name too."

This guy really was full of s/hit. The only person whose last name she wanted was dead, she was never going to get another last name, "I don't like you Mr. Tarrin, get that into your thick skull, what happened between us was a mistake, it will NEVER happen again."

He cocked a brow, "Are you sure of that?"

"One hundred and ten per..." His lips landed on hers before she could finish her sentence, he was hard and demanding at first. Selly's eyes widened in disbelief, he had some guts, she should shove him away and give him a good smack...so why wasn't she doing that? Why was she letting him corner her to the wall? And why the hell was she closing her eyes and returning his kiss?

He softened his assault on her lips and coaxed her lips open, slipping his hot tongue into her mouth once he succeeded. Selly heard a soft sigh of pleasure escape someone's lips- definitely not hers. The way his expert tongue flicked across every inch of her mouth made her body forget they were in a public place; her nip/pl3s hardened, her neglected womanhood began to throb, seeking that much needed attention it had been denied for so long, she was so horn/y she probably wouldn't care if he backed her into one of the stalls in the rest room and bleeped her silly.

Her hands slipped up his toned chest to wrap around his neck, her fingers slipped into his dark, silky hair that was once again in a ponytail. His hands were doing their own little exploration along her body, first resting on her waist, and then dancing along her ribs, stopping just below the curve of her breasts in a maddening tease.

He ended the kiss with a bite on her full bottom lip, stopping them from doing anything she'd regret once it was over as difficult as it was for him. He looked down at her, at those dark expressive eyes that were clouded with desire and those beautiful, full lips that were now swollen from his kiss and it took everything in him to not shove her into the rest room and finish what he started. He wanted this woman like he had never wanted anyone or anything in this life and it sucked that she was holding back for some reason he still didn't know.

He wasn't sure if he was ready to give her time to get over whatever she was going through, and he didn't fancy the fact that another man held her attention to this extent. He knew she had lost someone, a loved one, he had figured he hit the nail on the head at his guess a week ago. He didn't know what it was like to lose someone you were engaged to, he assumed it was terrible, but she had to get over it sometime, but when?

"I don't know the history you had with him, I won't ask, but please Selena, I beg you, give me a chance too. I may never be a good as he was to you, but I will give it my best. I swear to you, just...I just need a chance." He said, his voice low and sincere.

Selly wanted to break down right then and there, she wasn't sure if it was because someone else knew she was going through shit after losing the love of her life, or because of how sincere Tai sounded, or that desperate look in his eyes, but she just felt a tightening in her chest, "I..."

"Selly."

Her head turned to find Linda staring at both of them curiously.

"Are you alright?"

At that question, she remembered how close she was to Tai and quickly pushed him away- well, she tried to push him away, so he just stepped back, "I...yes, yes, Linda I'm fine."

Sensing that he wasn't needed anymore, Tai said, "I'll just leave now." With that, he walked down the hall and away from both women, taking one last glance at Selena on his way out.

Linda went to her friend once the stranger had left, "Are you okay? Are you sure you're fine? Chuks sent me to look for you, you took so long."

"Linda, I said I'm fine."

"Who was that? And why was he so close to you?"

Selly shook her head, "I'm not feeling too good Linda, can we just go?"

Linda nodded, "Sure, let's go. Chuks has paid for the food and everything, the nice Thai lady even gave us some free take-outs when I told her how much you liked the food."

Selena had zoned Linda out, her thoughts drifting towards Tai, she didn't want to think of the things he made her feel when he touched her, the last time she had encountered those feelings were with....no, he could never be him, he had said it himself. She just wanted to get the hell out of this place and maybe lock herself up in her house again, it was apparent that everytime she came out, she somehow came across Tai, she didn't want that, she just didn't think she'd be able to move on as easily as he made it sound.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
Coolval22.com:
Nice, cøol story. Sent you a PM
that e-mail isn't in use anymore. You can contact me via lannasage@gmail.com cheesy
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2014
"Who did you say she was talking to?" Chuks asked later that day as he and Linda made dinner. They had dropped Selly off earlier in the day and promised to check on her the next day after making sure she was feeling better. Now, Linda was telling Chuks of the stranger she saw with Selly.

"Some guy, I asked her about him, but she avoided my question, like she didn't even hear me." She replied as she popped a slice of carrot into her mouth- she could never resist eating what she cooked while it was being prepared.

"Hmm." Chuks thought to himself, that was weird, Selly usually didn't avoid questions. His thoughts went to the tall Asian man that had followed Selly few minutes after she went to the rest room. He had only spotted him because he was pretty big, it was almost impossible to miss the big Asian dude in the room since there weren't a lot of big Asians to start with. He figured the guy to be around 6ft.1", about 2 inches shorter than his 6ft.3" height, they were around the same size in stature, but the guy was leaner. His thoughts hadn't ventured toward the reason the man followed Selly, he hadn't even thought he was following Selly, but now that Linda mentioned it, maybe he should've paid a little more attention.

"Was he Asian?" He asked as he took out the casserole and placed it on the counter carefully.

"Yes...some big dude that looks kinda like that cartoon guy, what's his name...?" Linda clicked her fingers, her own way of thinking up the name of the character she was referring to.

Chuks chuckled, his thoughts had gone in that direction too when he saw the guy, "..Samurai Jack?"

"Yes! Him."

Chuks shook his head, "It sounds weird to compare a human being to a cartoon character." He went about getting the plates they would use to eat.

Linda shrugged, "He looks like him, that's not my fault..." She sighed and turned toward Chuks, she watched him place the plates on the counter, and then go to the cupboard to get the cups, he was in a pair of khaki shorts and a white singlet, an apron tied around his waist, whenever they were in the house, he loved to walk around in shorts and a singlet, displaying his bulging biceps and the outline of his muscled torso. When they had first started living together 5 months ago, it had been cool, he had agreed to move in with her after she told him she was afraid of living alone, he had been the nicest flatmate anyone could ask for. For a guy, he wasn't messy, in fact, she thought he was cleaner than she was, he cooked too, he liked to try out various recipes from different continents, sometimes the food was nice, other times, there was a consensus never to try that recipe again.

5 months later and Linda found herself thinking more and more about her best friend, she had tried to stop thinking of him in an intimate sense, but it was becoming more and more difficult as the days passed. She wondered if he knew she liked him romantically, he was certainly aloof about it- he was aloof about everything, he didn't even know how hot he was, or how cute the dimple on his left cheek looked when he smiled, or how totally sexy he looked when he walked around the kitchen in an apron, or how downright fuckable he looked whenever he decided to torment her by walking around the house in his towel, showing off his ripped body and toned abs, sometimes she thought he was doing it on purpose, but she knew he wasn't a tease or a flirt- he sucked at flirting particularly. She wondered if he would ever see her as more than a friend, she didn't think she was all that bad looking, hell, a lot of people thought she was pretty and she never had a problem getting free drinks from guys at the club, she wasn't very tall at 5ft.6", but her legs gave off the illusion that she was, she had a nice pair of 30C breasts, she thought them her best assets- well, apart from her eyes. Generally, she was pretty decent in the looks department, and she got attention from lots of guys- just not the one whose attention she wanted.

A longing sigh escaped her lips, pulling his attention, he raised his head up and gave her a weird look, a smile dancing on his lips, "Are you okay?"

She immediately caught herself and turned around quickly to finish the salad she was preparing, "Yes, yeah, um...so, you think I should ask her about that guy again?" She asked to divert the conversation.

His eyes remained on her for sometime, considering her words and at the same time wondering if he should go along with her little diversion or insist on knowing her problem, he settled for the latter, soon enough, she would tell him why she had been acting so weird the past months, maybe she didn't feel comfortable with him around anymore. That thought saddened him a little, he loved spending time with her, she was fun and free-spirited and save for her sometimes very disorganised escapades, he learnt a lot from her.

He shrugged, "She'll tell us when she's ready, no need to begin questioning her, she just got out of the house recently, we don't want to send her back."

She nodded, though her thoughts had left Selly and her mystery man, she swore she had to do something about Chuks, ignoring him wasn't an option anymore, he was always in her face, she just had to confront her feelings, soon she would tell it all, and hope her feelings were reciprocated.

Tai stared intently at the design he was drawing, Mina was looking to expand the restaurant and she needed more designs on the wall, as usual, she ran to him for that and was quick to pull out the "I'm your elder sister" card if he even thought to refuse her. It wasn't that he didn't love creating the designs for her, it was just that she had a thing for being present when he was working and she was a huge distraction, she usually used the opportunity to ask him random questions and butt in on his life.

From the intense look she had been giving him the past ten minutes, he just knew that it was only a matter of time before she started asking questions. He tried to think up the possible questions, but she was pretty unpredictable in that area, so he thought it best he focus on his work, perhaps if he was able to finish on time, he would avoid her questions.

"Well?" She began.

He sighed deeply, well, he never got lucky enough to escape her questions, "Well, what?" He asked, curving his pencil delicately so as not to ruin the perfect flow of the drawing.

"Aren't you going to tell me about her?"

He paused and stood straight up, he turned toward his pint-sized elder sister, it was almost difficult to convince some people that they were related, he had inherited his father's huge stature and she had taken their mother's smaller one, some of his friends used to ask why she wasn't taller, he thought she was perfect this way, when they were younger, he got a kick out of raising things high above her head and asking her to grab it if she could, sure, it had gotten him a few bite marks whenever he took things too far, but it never stopped him from doing it again another time.

"Her who?"

She frowned at him, she was pissed at his attempt to act like he had no idea what she meant, he always acted this way whenever she asked about a new lady in his life, "Her. That black woman you followed to the restroom at the restaurant two days ago. I know you followed her, I saw that look in your eyes when you stood up."

He leaned against the wall and folded his arms across his chest, "What look? What are you talking about Mina?" He sure as hell wasn't about to start spewing his guts out to her, even when she was giving him that death glare she thought intimidated him. He didn't think she'd ever realise that he was almost a foot taller than she was and more than twice her size, hence, her attempt to intimidate or scare him had zero effect.

"That customer that came in two days ago, the one who was choking. I saw you follow her to the restroom, I saw the way you looked at her so don't deny it. Do you know her from somewhere?"

Tai raised his brows and then smirked, "And how will that information help you pay me more for all the work I do for you in this place?"

Mina frowned, "Don't change the subject Tai, do you know her?"

"And if I do?"

"Is that a yes or no?"

Tai sighed in exasperation, "Mina, you need to stop interrogating me concerning any woman you think I'm interested in, it's not like I ever ask you about you and your husband's sex life. Now please, if you don't mind, let me finish this thing you have me doing so I can return to the job I'm actually paid good money for."

"You mean the po/rnography job?" She sneered.

He rolled his eyes dramatically, "First off, it's not por/nography, it's called adult movies, secondly, yes, I mean that job, you may not like it, but like I said, I'm being paid good money for that job and I don't plan on leaving it anytime soon."

"You were supposed to be an accountant, not a p/orn artist." She spat.

He swore she would never drop this argument, yes, their parents had wanted him to go into accounting so that he could help in the family business, but accounting was not his passion, he thought it boring and he honestly sucked at Math anyway, his degree would've been disgraceful at best, "I repeat, it's not po/rn and it's not like I'm lining up the restaurant with paintings of n/ake/d men and women, as you've seen, I'm pretty good with other branches of art." He argued.

She scoffed, "And you choose to do por/n instead."

She just would never understand, "Call it whatever you want Mina, I make good money from it and it's legal, that's all I'm interested in."

"So, you won't tell me about that woman?"

"You don't need to know anything about anyone sister, whenever I choose to tell you, I will, but for now, leave it as is." He knew that was asking too much of her, fine, she would probably let it go for now, but he could bet she would bring it up the next time he was here. He just hoped he wouldn't have to be here in a long time.

She huffed and walked out of the room, thankfully. He looked at the drawing, it was almost done, he smiled to himself, once he was through, he would definitely be visiting his new favorite person.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
Characters (will be updated)

Selena

Linda

Chuka

Chuks

Tai

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by princesa(f): 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
safarigirl:
Characters (will be updated)

are they hot or what!! cheesy

chuks nailed it. That brown eyes though... Its to die for! cheesy

Selly is too dark, hmm...

Linda is cute, but i thought she was on the big side. Hmm...

Chuka, oh RIP to such handsome dude, but I've pictured him in my imaginations differently though.

My money though is on chuks! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by timpaker(m): 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2014
Oh Selena! I have opened a piggy bank for you.
Please just remain single for a while.....
I'm coming for you...

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
Selly picked at the peas in her plate as she watched the latest episode of Spongebob Squarepants, the cartoon distracted her from the food so that she was able to eat it without really noticing she was eating. She preferred to have her meal in the sitting room, the dining table was a no-go area for her, she couldn't bear to sit there and re-live the many happy memories she had had in that part of the house. It had even been quite the task cooking in the kitchen, another area that brought fond memories. She had moved out of the bedroom they shared a month ago and locked it up, choosing to stay in the guest room instead.

She thought she was slowly making progress towards moving on....slowly. 'Yeah right!' A voice said in her head. She pushed it back, instead, a flashback of herself and Tai came at the forefront of her mind, how he had kissed her, how good it felt being in his arms, the heady smell of his cologne, the way every touch of his caused an electrifying effect on her body, and even the words he had spoken. Those words. She swore they haunted her every thought, even in her sleep, she heard them, she saw him, she saw his eyes, the sincerity that lay beneath those eyes, the desperation. She had tried unsuccessfully to banish thoughts of him, but it was damn near impossible.

The worst was, Chuka hadn't visited her since the last time making her wonder if he was staying away because she was thinking of another man, had her thoughts perhaps pushed him away? She didn't want to think so, she didn't want to believe he was gone, maybe he was busy or something, he would be back soon. There was no way she could have offended him in any way, she missed him.

She sighed, her eyes went to her answering machine, Chuks had left her a message this morning, and then Linda, both asking her to call if she got their messages, she was yet to do that, she would eventually, she just wasn't ready yet. Her thoughts wandered to Tai, if she had given him her number would he have called? Did it matter? She hadn't given him for a good reason- she didn't want to maintain contact with him....right? Then again, whether she gave him her number or not was inconsequential, he knew her house, if he wanted to see her so bad he would drop by.

Her eyes went to the window, had he passed by? How many times? She shook her head, she needed to stop thinking about Tai and start thinking about Chuka, why hadn't he shown up?

She stared at her plate of mashed potatos and peas, was it just her or did the food taste like sawdust? She wondered what Linda and Chuks were eating, she could bet it was much better than this and tastier too if Chuks was involved in it's preparation.

She groaned and got off the couch, she went into the kitchen and dumped the rest of the food in the dustbin. She took her time washing the plate, she really had to call Chuks and Linda, maybe she could spend the night at their place, they did say they had started living together. She didn't ask why, she had given them the odd looks since they weren't all that close before the death of Chuka, she assumed something had happened during the months she had been locked up, whatever it was, it seemed the living arrangement affected Linda more than it did Chuks. She thought he acted pretty normal about it, Linda was a little more evasive.

She barely made it to the couch when she heard a knock at the door. She almost smiled to herself, maybe Chuks and Linda had come by instead, she ran to the door, eager to have some company and flung it open. Her smile faded once she saw who was waiting at her door.

It wasn't Chuks or Linda, it was Tai. What the hell was he doing here? She glared at him, she had been wishing for company from friends not this bug.

"Wow, so eager to see me, are you? I'm flattered." He gushed, placing his right hand against his heart, "And a nice welcome it is too." He added, his eyes raking over her body.

Her eyes followed his and she almost had a heart-attack at what she saw, she hadn't remembered that she was dressed in just a white tank top and pink shorts that just scraped past her bum, she didn't even have on a bra. She gasped loudly and slammed the door shut.

She placed her back to the door, damn it, she had been so stupid. She listened keenly, hoping he'd drive off soon enough, she had banged the door in his face, that was more than a sure sign that she didn't want him around.

The sound of laughter came from the other side, "Really Selena? Running like a child?"

She wasn't running, she just didn't want to see him. How true was that? Hadn't she been thinking of him just now? Hadn't she wondered if he was passing by? How could she say with conviction that she didn't want him there?

He knocked at the door, startling her out of her thoughts, "Selena, I'm sure you must have put on a robe by now. Kindly open the door please."

A robe, of course! Why hadn't she thought of that? Where did she keep her robe? It would take forever to find it. He had seen her already, what would she lose if she just opened up? Nothing. She pulled herself off the ground and opened the door.

His eyes widened in pleasant surprise, "Ooh, an early Christmas present?"

"Shut up. What do you want?"

He gave her a lopsided grin, "Well, I thought I told you before..." He stepped closer until he was at the threshold. She stepped back into the house instinctively, "..I want you." He said softly, his hand caught a strand of her hair and twirled it.

Selly stared up at him, entranced, God, the man was beautiful! The way those eyes bore into hers, she felt like they bored into her soul, it was unsettling. She couldn't stop her eyes from drifting lower to his bow-shaped lips, she bit her lower lip as she thought of how good those lips felt against hers.

Her action brought his eyes to her lips, he found himself stepping closer, this time, she didn't step back. Her eyes remained on him, a little apprehensive, but she didn't look scared, that was good. He leaned closer, his eyes skimming her pretty face, he had never seen anyone look so innocent and still look hot as shit, he cradled her left cheek, his pale hand contrasting with the dark of her soft skin. Her lips full and inviting, he knew more than anything how soft they were and how good she used them too.

Selly watched him move closer, her thoughts too hazy to make sense of what was going on between them, his lips grazed hers slightly making her shudder. That touch made her realise just what was going on, she pulled away before he could move in for a proper kiss. She stepped back, her eyes lowered. She didn't want to look him in the eye- they were too familiar.

He sighed, dropping his hand by his side, "I...I'm sorry."

She raised her eyes up at him, why was he apologising? She never pegged him as someone who apologised, for all his cockiness, he did have a sober side, it was good to know, "What for?" She could barely believe those words were leaving her lips, she didn't need a reason, he had apologised, she ought to have told him to leave and slammed the door for effect, not ask his reason.

He gave her a look of surprise, had she just asked him why? And without hostilities? He found he preferred her voice when it was soft and feminine, "Well, it's obvious you didn't want to kiss me. And I have been taking you unawares, it's just...I like kissing you, I like touching you and I like being around you." He shrugged, reminding her of a teenage boy confessing his feelings to a girl he had a crush on, sans the swinging of one foot.

She sighed and buried her face in her palms, "You don't know me." She needed him to get away from her. How hard was it to understand that she wasn't ready for a new relationship with anyone?

"Help me know you, I want to know you." He took her hands in his and stepped closer, "Am I asking for too much here?"

He needed to stop looking at her like that, like...like he used to. She looked away and walked off, "Listen, Tai, you're really nice..." She caught herself, no, he wasn't nice, he was an irritant, a stalker, that wasn't nice, that was creepy. He was giving her that look like he was just waiting for her to take those words back, and she wasn't about to disappoint him "...okay, maybe not. I'm sure someone would think of you as nice, not me. You're hot and all, but I'm not interested, okay?" She looked up at him like she expected him to understand, he didn't seem like he did.

"And why is that?"

"I don't have to give you a reason." She replied as she folded her arms across her chest defiantly.

He raised his brows, how quickly she went from soft and feminine to defiant, he liked the switch, "Well, since I did give you a reason for apologising earlier, I think I also deserve a reason for being rejected."

She stared at him, waiting for him to take his words back and walk out peacefully. He wasn't moving.

He folded his arms, mirroring her stance, "Well?"

She raised her chin up at him, he wanted to know her reason? He would. She marched to her bedroom and retrieved a picture of Chuka. She returned to him and shoved the picture in Tai's hands, "That is my fiance, he's dead, because of me. Do you want to die too?"

Tai looked at the picture of the huge black man, he thought he was handsome, and his eyes were arresting, a bit like his, but on a different face. Her words shocked him a bit, she killed her fiance?, "What? How do you mean?"

"You don't need to know my meaning, just know that if you love your life, you need to stay away from me." She snatched the picture from him.

He shook his head and chuckled, "And if I don't?"

She stared at him like he had gone bunkers, well, he had to be crazy if a threat of death didn't deter him, "If you don't, you'll die!"

He laughed at her, she really was a character, it was apparent he had inherited more than he bargained for, he thought that was awesome, victory would be that much sweeter, "Sweetheart, even if your daddy was the devil, I would still try my luck with you and risk his wrath."

"You're crazy."

He smiled and placed his hand against her neck, he bent lower to look her in the eye, "No, if anyone is crazy it's the woman who thinks it's her fault her fiance died. Now, except you're a serial killer, which I doubt you are, I can't think of any other reason why you would be responsible for his death."

She shook her head, "You don't know...you..." The words were choked in her throat as she felt her eyes well up in tears, she thought she had gotten past these random waterworks.

"Whatever it is, it wasn't your fault." He said softly, he pulled her into a hug and patted her head.

His touch reminded her so much of Chuka's; firm and gentle, even the way he stroked her hair was akin to how Chuka stroked it. She cozied up to him, loving the warmth that she felt from his body, she could get used to being held this way....what the hell? No, not with him.

Tai instantly knew something had changed when her body stiffened against his, she slowly left his embrace, his body reeling from the disconnection, he liked having her close, her body fit snugly against his. She looked up at him apologetically.

"I'm sorry, sometimes I get emotional..."

"No, please don't apologise..."

"No." Her voice was firm, "I was out of line and I shouldn't have...I'm sorry."

He wanted to say something, but she turned around and returned to her bedroom, leaving him standing in her sitting room.

Tai sighed, so she was emotionally broken a bit, it was nothing he couldn't fix. Normally, he couldn't be bothered with women who had emotional issues, he just didn't have the strength or time to handle women he considered unbalanced, but with her, he was willing to make that time. Yes, it would be difficult, but when you wanted something of importance, it wasn't supposed to be easy.

Selly stared longingly at the picture of a smiling Chuka, she wished he was around to hold her and tell her all was well.

"You should go back to him."

She turned to the direction the voice had come from with a huge smile, "Chukky!" She stood up and went to him, wrapping her arms around him.

"Selena." He sounded like he was exasperated.

She looked up at him, "What's wrong?"

"This is wrong. You've got a guest in your sitting room."

"So?"

He grasped her shoulders and moved her away from him, "You have a man who's crazy about you waiting for you, a MAN, not a figment of your imagination, but a REAL LIVING MAN."

She scrunched her brows at him, "You're not a figment of my imagination."

"Yes, I am. Tai on the other hand, is not. You need to stop thinking of the past and start looking at your future."

A feeling of hurt went through her, why was he saying that to her?, "What are you saying?"

He sighed, unsure of how to say what he needed to say without hurting her, "You need to move on Selly. I know you feel something for Tai, and I know you're stopping yourself from feeling it. You didn't kill me, I'm dead because fate had other plans for you, Tai is your present and he could be your future too, but if you push him away, you may never get another chance."

She shook her head defiantly, she didn't like what he was telling her, "I don't want another chance, I want you."

"Listen to me, you think you want me, but you don't. You need to stop trying to fight Tai off." She said nothing, but the way tears welled up in her eyes gutted him making his next words even more difficult to utter, "I...I have to stop seeing you."

"What? What are you saying?" She asked quietly.

He sighed, "I can't keep coming to you Selly, I'm a distraction..."

"No, no you're...."

"I'm stopping you from moving on, if you didn't see me so much, you would give Tai a chance..."

"Chukky please." She cried, the tears pouring down her cheeks. He couldn't leave her, he was her only lifeline, she had only left the confines of the house because of him, didn't he understand that without him she had no motivation?.

He wiped her tears, "Don't cry, you'll only make this harder. You've met Tai, it's time for me to step back. I'll always be around, you just won't see me for a while."

"I need you, you can't leave me."

"No, you need your life back, neither of us will be happy if you don't move on." He gave her a sad smile, "Stop crying, go to Tai. I'll be watching." He said softly.

She watched as he faded away, "No, don't go, please. I'll move on, I swear to you, just stay...please." She whispered. She stared at the spot he had occupied. He was gone, "Please." She said to the silence of the room. Had she chased him away? She had, she had chased him away.

"Chukky." She sat in the middle of the bedroom and cried her eyes out. He was gone. For real this time, even his ghost wasn't going to come back.

"Selly?"

She heard his voice, but she made no move to stand or even attempt to reply him, why hadn't he left? How long had he been in her sitting room? Didn't he know when to leave? It was his fault Chukky was gone, if he hadn't come into her life, she would still be talking to her love, he wouldn't have any reason to leave her.

"Selly?...Selly."

She heard him move closer, and then he was raising her head up to look at him, "Selly." He sighed, "What happened? Why are you crying?"

His eyes bathed her with so much compassion, why couldn't she scream at him to get out? It was his fault Chukky was gone, "He...he's gone."

Tai stared at her in confusion, what did she mean? He wanted to ask, but he knew she was in no position to explain, she just needed someone to comfort her, "Shh, it's okay. I'm here for you, alright?" He assured her. He pulled her into his lap and cradled her smaller body as he cooed to her.

Selly buried her face in his shirt, why was he so nice to her? Why didn't he just leave? They barely knew each other so he wasn't obligated to be here. She didn't understand, but somehow, she knew she needed him here, she needed the comfort he offered. He wasn't Chuka, Chuka was gone, but Tai...Tai was here, he wasn't in her head, he was real.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by heemah(f): 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mehn! Chuka is handsome. Hmmmmm, buh he is dead..RIP Sweetie. I guess I ll have to settle for Chuks.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by princesa(f): 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2014
Keep it coming. Can't get enough. Did i tell you I love the way you write? Its so damn professional. Keep it up.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Dyoungstar: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
I didn't see this?
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
She could do this, she was going to do it. Selly stared at the application letter she was set to e-mail to one of the companies that had put up an ad for an accountant. She had resigned from her job 6 months ago when she realised she couldn't handle it due to her frail emotional state. Now, she wanted something new, she was starting her life all over again so she was changing everything; her clothes, her job, her hair-do, the only thing that wasn't affected was the house.

It meant too much to her. Not only was it an inheritance from her grandmother, but this was also where her best memories lay. She had decided to renovate it instead, she was doing some re-painting, changing the windows, and especially, she was turning the bedroom they had shared to a study. Chuka had loved books, he used to tell her how he was going to have a huge study with more books than he could read. She supposed this was as good a time as any to fulfill that wish.

She clicked 'send' before she could convince herself not to. For what felt like hours, she sat staring at the screen of her laptop for what felt like hours. She had done the right thing, he had said she needed to move on, what better way to do that than to get a job, right? She could keep herself busy and forget about him.

It had been over a week since she last saw Chuka, he had been true to his words. He hadn't returned since he told her he would leave her, she couldn't say for now if his decision had been good or bad for her. She would guess it was good, she hadn't regressed to her old state so far, she was doing everything she could to please him wherever he was and convince him to come back- he had said he would always be around, she just wouldn't be able to see him.

She stood up and made her way to her room, she needed a nice, long nap, Tai had invited her out to 'hang' with him. She knew he actually meant to invite her on a date, but she was thankful he hadn't used that word, 'hanging out' was void of pressure unlike a date. She had promised she'd get back to him on that, she had initially meant to decline the invitation, but after further thought, she realised going out would help her 'move on' like Chuka wanted. She just wasn't sure if she was ready to be out with a guy yet, at least not alone.

She would call him and make a proposal once she woke up. She lay on her bed and closed her eyes to sleep, but it evaded her. She sat up, something kept telling her to call now. She would lose her guts if she slept on it. She stood up and went to her phone. His number was written on a piece of paper which she had placed under a vase. She took it out and dialed the number.

It rang the first time, then a second time, she made up her mind to cut the call if he didn't pick on the third ring. He didn't have her number so he would never know she was the caller if she chose to cut it. The third ring came, but she didn't get lucky.

"Hello." The sound of his deep voice filtered through the receiver.

She found his voice calmed her a lot, was that good or bad?

"Hello?"

She gulped loudly, she could do this, it was just a guy, he wasn't some evil monster or her boss or anyone she should fear, just a man.

"I don't know who this is, but I'm very sure your phone bill is adding up and I'm not nice enough to end the call on your behalf, I suggest you stop making prank calls and get a real jo..."

"It's me." She blurted out.

There was a long silence on the other end, making her wonder if he had dropped the call, but she hadn't heard the beep that signified that the call had ended. Maybe he hadn't expected her call, he must have forgotten about her. Of course, what did she think? That she would hold the interest of such an attractive man that long? Her solitary state had definitely made her think things that were wrong.

"Selena?" He asked, his voice filled with disbelief.

He had recognised her voice?, "Yes." She replied reluctantly.

"Wow, oh my goodness, I didn't think you'd call, I...how've you been?" He gushed.

She felt her heart leap in excitement, "I've been fine, I...I called about the da...you wanted us to hang-out?"

"Yes, yes, I did. Are you...would you like to?"

Selly bit her bottom lip to stop herself from saying no and ending the call. She breathed in and out, she hadn't called to say no, "Yes..but, if you won't mind, I'd like us to go on a double da...hang-out" She suggested. She was yet to consult Linda and Chuks on that, but she assumed they would do anything to get her out of the house- including tag along for a double date.

"Sure, I'm okay with that if you are." He replied, his hastiness giving off his excitement. She could hear the smile in his voice.

She smiled and then caught herself, she smiled? A man made her smile, not Chuks, but some other man that wanted an intimate relationship with her, that was...good, right?, "Okay, okay. Um...is Friday fine?"

"Yes, Friday's great, where would you like to go?"

"Um...how about the restaurant? That's your sister's place?"

There was a bit of silence on the other end before he replied, "Okay, I'm cool with that."

She didn't think he sounded as 'cool' with it as he wanted her to think, but she didn't investigate further, "Okay, see you on Friday."

"Yes, Friday."

"Bye."

"Bye." He replied.

Selly ended the call and sighed deeply. Friday. That was three days away, she hoped she wouldn't change her mind before then. Only one way to make sure she went through with it, she scrolled through her phone book and found the number she was looking for. Time to call the third and fourth parties.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
Thanks for the comments guys. I look forward to more reviews, keeps me going. Once again, we have more PG18 material here. You know how it is wink grin

"Chuksy can you get the phone?" Linda shouted from her room. She didn't feel up to the task of walking all the way to the kitchen to get it, not that the kitchen was that far away, she just felt too lazy to do that.

"I'm in the bathroom Linda, you get it." He replied.

Of course, how convenient for him to be having a shower just when a call was coming in. She buried her face in her pillow, damn it all she wanted was an hour's sleep, she had only just gotten in bed. Whoever it was would call back if it was that important, maybe Chuks would be out of the bathroom by then.

"Go get the phone Lin, it could be Selly." Chuks said as though he could hear her thoughts.

She grunted and dragged herself off the bed, once she got her paycheck, the first thing she would do was get another phone and connect the line in the kitchen to her bedroom, that would be much better.

She reached the kitchen and pulled the receiver from its hold just at the last ring, she pressed receive and placed the phone to her ear, "Hello?"

"Lin? Is this a bad time?"

"Selly, no, no, what's up? How are you?" Linda asked, all thoughts of sleep temporarily wiped out once she heard her friend's voice.

"I'm fine, how's Chuks?"

"He's good, hope you're okay?"

"Yes, I am. I actually called to ask you guys a favor."

Linda raised a brow, "Really? What is it?"

Selena took some time to reply, "I...a friend of mine asked me to hang-out with him, I was wondering if you and Chuks could tag along."

Linda smiled, Selly was definitely leaving her cave, "Like a double date?" She asked.

"It's not a date Lin, we're just hanging out." Selly corrected.

"I hear you, what's his name?" Linda asked.

"Tai, listen Lin, don't blow it out of proportion, I know what you're thinking and that's not how it is." Selly said defensively.

A sly smile crossed Lin's lips, "I never said anything Selly, you're just being..." Linda's voice trailed off as she watched Chuks approach her, his towel wrapped around his waist and his toned body semi-wet, what the hell? Now he was doing this s-hit while she was on phone? Didn't he know walking around half-naked and partially wet was inappropriate when someone was on phone? She had to catch herself from drooling, gosh, even the way he walked had 'MAN' written boldly. He stopped inches away from her , folded his arms across his buff chest and gave her that look that told her she was in for some scolding once she got off the phone, she unconsciously clenched her thighs to stop the moisture that was slowly gathering between them.

"Linda? Are you there?" Selly's voice pulled her back to reality before she made a fool of herself- thankfully.

She coughed and turned her eyes away from the scrumptious specimen of man that stood a few feet away from her lest she get distracted, "um..yes, yes I am. So, when is this get together going on?" She asked, suddenly the thought of a double date appealed to her, maybe it would give her that avenue to finally tell Chuks how she felt- or make him realise he liked her too.

"On Friday, so you'll come?" Selly asked.

"Sure, I'll just tell Chuks, I'm sure he won't have any objections." She replied.

"Thanks, thank you Lin. The venue is that Thai restaurant we went to two weeks ago." Selly added.

"That's great. We'll be there."

"Thank you Lin. See you Friday."

"See you, and take care of yourself." Linda replied before the line went dead.

She held the phone to her chest for some time, her eyes closed as she mustered the courage to look at Chuks once again, maybe he had put on some clothes during the period she was on the phone.

"Who was that?" His deep voice asked, she had always liked his voice, it wasn't that irritating deepness, it was deep and velvety, kind of like Idris Elba's, but a little softer.

She turned around- no such luck, there he was in all his masculine glory, his body had dried up considerably, but it didn't have any less an effect on her being, still hot, "Selly." She replied after she had found her voice.

Chuks raised his brows, "What did she say? Is she alright?"

Linda couldn't believe the wave of jealousy that passed through her hearing Chuks sound so concerned about Selly, she knew he didn't have any feelings for her romantically, but she still felt bad that Selly evoked such feelings in him. She wondered if she'd ever matter to him the way Selly did, "Yes, yes she's alright." She replied.

He narrowed his eyes at her reaction, but said nothing about it, "So, what did she want?" He asked.

"She asked if we could have a get together with her and this guy, Tai."

"Tai? You think it's the Asian guy?"

She shrugged, "I don't know, could be."

"When and where?"

"Friday, at that Thai restaurant we went to." She replied.

He nodded, "Okay." He turned to leave and then remembered why he had come out to start with, "Hey, where's my body cream?" He asked.

"Oh, I kept it in the top drawer." She replied. She had purposely switched the position of his body cream this morning just so he would come out like this, she did that a lot.

"Really Linda? How many times do I have to tell you not to move my stuff?" He asked as he made his way back to the bedroom, "If you don't want me here anymore just say so, I'm not good with hints." He added.

Linda froze at those words, why would he say that? Of course she wanted him here, where else would she want him?, "I don't want you gone Chuks, that's silly." She replied as she returned to her room. She passed by his room, he had left his door slightly open, she was going to keep walking, but couldn't help her curiosity and peeped in, she almost sulked when she saw that he had put on a pair of khaki shorts, but took consolation in the fact that his toned torso was still bare.

"Really? Well if you keep moving my things I'll be forced to think you're trying to tell me to move out." He replied.

His back was turned to her so he didn't realise she was standing at the door. She said nothing to that, her sole focus being to take in as much of his magnificent body as she could without being caught. Nothing would please her more than having him pull her into his room, place her against the wall and fu/ck her like she was a ragdoll, just the thought of that caused a riot in her system, she wanted this man so bad she swore it was driving her mad.

He turned to grab his shirt and his eyes fell on her. She froze noticeably at being caight, "Linda? What are you doing there?" He asked.

Linda gulped, what was she doing here? What could she say? That she was ogling him? No, that would be all kinds of wrong, he was going to think she was crazy, "I..nothing, I wanted to..." Her gaze raked over the parts of the bedroom she could see for an alibi, she finally spotted one on his dresser, "...I came to get some cotton wool." She said as she stepped into the room and walked briskly toward the dresser, "Mine is finished and I forgot to get more, silly me." She chuckled nervously, she was yet to raise her eyes up to look at him, but she could bet he was staring at her like he thought she was crazy.

"I'll get out of your hair now." She laughed, she had barely walked past him when she felt him grab her wrist. She could swear her heart stopped beating at that touch.

"Linda, what are you doing here?" He asked, his voice firmer.

"I told you already, I came to get some cotton wool." She replied, unable to turn to him.

"Say that lie again, and if you can, say it to my face this time." He challenged.

Linda gulped nervously, damn it now he thought she was psycho, well, it's not like she had anything else to lose from here-on. She turned to his face, or more like his chest, raising her head to look at that gorgeous face, she had never liked men with beards until she met Chuks, he was the only one in her eyes that could make a beard look sexy, she liked that he made sure to groom it, it was a little fuller than a stubble, but not quite as thick as Ice Cube's was. Brown eyes stared down at her waiting for an explanation, their owner unaware that she was appraising him.

"So?" He asked.

She bit her bottom lip, of course, she was supposed to be telling him what she was doing at his door, not eyeing him up, "I...I was wondering, I wanted...I wanted to know if..." Damn it why couldn't she just say it? She was supposed to be gutsy, what was so hard in telling a guy she liked him? She had to be realistic here, Chuks wasn't just a guy, he wasn't just someone she could spill her guts to and get rid of if he failed to reciprocate her feelings, he was her male best friend, he would be around for a while, taunting and teasing her on what could've been. Could she stand that? Wouldn't it be much better and wiser to keep her feelings to herself and hope someday he'd feel strongly enough to make the first move?

She shook her head with a smile, "Never mind, it was a silly thought." She turned to leave but he wouldn't let go of her wrist.

"Chuksy..." Linda's eyes widened as she felt what she never thought she'd feel- he was kissing her, she wanted to think she was dreaming, but she wasn't, Chuks was actually kissing her- and he was good at it too. She moaned into his mouth as his tongue found the inside of hers and made short work of whatever doubts she had been having. She fluttered her eyes shut and her arm wrapped around his neck as she savored the moment. She had pictured this so many times in her head, but for all of her imagination, this was electric, she had never come up with this scenario. Her hand found the back of his head and pulled him further down, if this would never happen again, she planned to make maximum use of this opportunity. She felt his hands on both sides of her waist and then she was hoisted up, she reflexively wrapped her legs around his waist as she wondered about her earlier thoughts, maybe she would get that ragdoll fucking after all. Her pus-sy creamed even more at that thought, her tongue flicked against the roof of his mouth and she earned a groan for her efforts. She began moving up and down, rubbing her crotch against his clothed c-ock, damn, it felt so hard and deliciously thick, thoughts of what it would feel like inside her was all it took to have her moaning again. She could barely believe he was still holding her up despite her every action, she knew she didn't have a lot of weight, but the man made it seem like he was carrying a child, but by the way his lips moved against hers, it was clear he knew she was no child.

Feeling her gutsy self-return, she took his hand, determined to show him that even though she was just 21, she knew what pleased a 26-year old man. His other hand wrapped fully around her waist with amazing speed so that she didn't fall off. Her hand led his to a boo-b and made him squeeze it. She whimpered at that. Taking her initiative, his hand continued to move against her bre-ast, finding a peaked ni-pple and tweaking it, she moaned loudly, rubbing her crotch against his hard-on with more fervor to ease the throbbing between her legs.

He held her tighter, stilling her moving hips, his hand moved off her bre-ast and slid to her neck making her groan at the loss, what was he doing? Couldn't he tell that she needed him right now? Maybe she'd have to tell him. With great pains, she ended their kiss and looked down into his eyes, she almost orgas-med from the lusty look in his eyes, to think a man could be this sexy and not even know it, "Chuksy, please, I need you." She said huskily.

His eyes ran across her face, "Not like this Linda, you're more than this." He replied, he kissed her chin softly.

What the hell did he mean by she was more than this? As of right now, she was a ho-rny woman in need of a good sexing by the man that had her in his arms, nothing more, how hard was that to understand?, "No, please just have sex with me." She said breathily, she kissed the corner of his mouth, "I've waited so long for this, fu-ck me already."

He brushed a strand of loose hair away from her face with a smile and shook his head, "I don't fu/ck women I care for, I make love to them." He replied. He kissed her again, making her shiver at the intensity of his kiss, she felt him moving and then felt herself being lowered to the bed, making her think he was going to fulfill her wish despite his initial objection...she thought too early. He ended their kiss and smiled at her, "...but like I said, not now and not like this."

She stared at him, bewildered, was he serious? Her eyes briefly fluttered close and she let out a strained moan when he ground his hard di/ck against her clothed mound, how could any sane man not want to get rid of that erection? It was huge.

He got off her making her mourn the loss of his body, "I have to go pick up a few ingredients from the grocery store, I found a recipe for some Indian dish I'd like to try out. Don't miss me too much." He placed a chaste kiss against her cheek and breezed out of the room before she could protest.

Linda sat staring in disbelief, f*ck, what was she supposed to do about her ho/rny state now? She unbuttoned her jeans and slid her fingers into them, finding her soaked panties and then moving further to her swollen pussy, she slipped a pair of fingers easily into herself, her imagination replaying the event that had just taken place, she was definitely going to get back at him, he wasn't the only one who could play games.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 3:24am On Jul 05, 2014
Selena stared at her reflection, the last time she had looked this pretty was...well, a while. She had on a nice , scoop-neck golden dress that hugged her petite frame, the sleeve kissed her elbows and the length stopped a few inches above her knees.

It wasn't brand new, far from it, she had bought it three months before Chuka's death on a whim, she had liked it when she saw it in the showglass and had thought Chuka would like it too. It had been two sizes smaller, but she hadn't cared. She remembered clearly the conversation that had transpired between herself and the salesperson

"Hello, how may I help you." He had asked, he had light-brown hair and piercing blue eyes, he was tall and leaned towards lanky, someone that she thought would've fit better on the runway than behind a counter.

"Hi...Maurice?" She asked, reading his name tag.

He smiled at her, it wasn't a pleasant one, it was quite condescending, as though she had made an error he was lenient enough to ignore, "It's pronounced with a French accent dear, it's not English."

She wanted to tell him they weren't in France, but was in no mood to get into a petty argument with a salesperson, and even less in such a fancy place, "Right. Please, I'd like to purchase a dress, the golden one." She pointed toward the show-glass.

His eyes followed the direction her hand had pointed at, he looked at the dress and then at her and at the dress again, apparently he was trying to figure out how her size 14 frame would fit into a size 10 dress, he smiled at her- again, nothing pleasant, "For a friend or a relative?" He asked, his pea-sized brain already deciding it couldn't possibly be hers.

She bit her tongue to prevent herself from making a smart comment and replied instead, "I don't believe it's any of your business who the dress is for. Your job is to take my money and hand me whatever I want, isn't it?" She replied, using the same tight smile he had bestowed upon her.

She wanted to click her heels in excitement when his smile became a frown, "Of course." he replied in a clipped voice. He left his post to get the dress while Selly fed her eyes, the store definitely had some classy outfits, most of what she assumed socialites would love to have on, none of which interested her- it's not like they would fit anyway.

The man returned with the dress in his hand, he folded it and placed it inside an expensive shopping bag with the store's name boldly written on it, "That will be $1,100 please."

Selly's mouth went agape, what the hell? Eleven hundred dollars for a dress? What was it? Prada? She had never spent anything more than $600 on an outfit, and that had been for graduation- and she had beat herself up after she bought the dress. Her first instinct was to walk out of the store- and never return, but seeing that triumphant smile on the salesboy's face, like he knew she couldn't afford it anyway, made her banish that thought, it wasn't like she couldn't afford it, she just preferred not to waste her money on items she knew she wouldn't have in her closet in two years. She chewed at her bottom lip- something she would do when she was in thought.

The salesboy was staring at her with that smirk she wanted to slap off his face, she could tell he was just waiting for her to tell him she wasn't buying and walk out of his store- well, it would be a cold day in hell before she'd let him win. She got out her wallet and removed her credit card- the one she kept for emergencies because this classified as one, she slid it over to him, a warm smile on her face, and said in her sweetest voice, "Here you go."

The smile briefly faded from the salesboy's lips as he took the card, his eyes remained on her as he swiped it as though he was just hoping it would be declined, unfortunately he didn't get that. The money was deducted and he all but slammed the card on the counter, "Here." He ground out.

"Don't break it please. Can I have my purchase?" She asked sweetly as she returned the card to where it was kept.

He pushed it toward her, "Thank you." She turned to leave, but felt the urge to rub her victory in just a little more, she smiled at him, "Sorry, don't I get one of those appreciation speeches? I mean, this is a fancy place, I would expect some gratitude for all the money I just spent on a dress I'm sure isn't worth half the price I paid."

He glared at her, his bad mood was leverage for her good one, "Thank you for shopping here, do come again." He said coldly.

"Well, unless someone sacks you, I'll just get my clothes at Target from now on." She replied and then walked out with an extra sway to her hips, a shit-eating grin on her face.

Selly sighed, her eyes leaving the mirror. She had bought this dress for one man, but was now wearing it for another. She had debated with herself extensively if wearing this dress was the right thing to do, but she had come to the conclusion that Chukky would approve of this. He approved of Tai, so he would be pleased that she was putting some effort into this.

She looked at her wrist-watch, Linda and Chuks would be here any minute now, they had insisted on picking her up to be sure she wouldn't cow out. Chuks was especially cool with her dating again- he insisted it was a date. She had thought he would disapprove of his brother's fiancee dating another guy, but she was pleaantly surprised to find that he was ecstatic about it.

She let a small smile light up her face, it felt good to have people around encouraging her. Just as the thought crossed her mind, she heard the familiar sound of Chuks' salon car pulling up her drive-way...show time.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by yummy001: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2014
I'm loving this mhen.........Weldone Safarigirl!

Please update more often.wink
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 10:12am On Jul 05, 2014
Tai straightened his burgundy blazers for what must've been the thousandth time that evening as he awaited Selly's arrival with her friends. He hadn't been this nervous since his first date at 15, but even that couldn't compare to this. Once again, he was befuddled as to why this woman wielded such powers over his psyche. She wasn't the most beautiful woman he had come across, but he liked that there was a uniqueness in her beauty.

There was also the thing about his strange need to protect her. He swore he had never felt such a strong urge to protect anyone, fine, he could attribute it to her vulnerability, but he knew he would only be kidding himself. He honestly wasn't one to give two bleeps about anyone's emotional woes. Prior to meeting her, he had worn the tag of 'selfish jerk' with pride and dedication, but with her, he wanted all of that to change, he swore she was doing the weirdest things to his psyche, he wasn't sure if he should embrace the feelings or fear them.

He looked at his wrist watch, 6:54, okay, 6 minutes more. He could wait an extra 6 minutes...or an hour even, just as long as he saw her.

"Is she the one you're waiting for?"

Tai almost jumped out of his skin at the sound of that voice, he turned to find his elder sister looking up at him questioningly, but he could detect the displeasure in her eyes as well, not that he gave a hoot about that, "What the hell Mina? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" He asked, he only gave her a brief look before returning his eyes to the road for any sign of Selena and her friends.

"Is she the one you're waiting for?" Mina repeated, ignoring Tai's earlier question.

"Yes, now it would be nice if you returned to whatever it is you were doing before coming out." He replied already regretting his agreement to meet up with Selly here, he hadn't liked the idea from the get go, but he was willing to do anything to get Selly to go on a date with him, now he thought he should've suggested some other place.

"Won't you at least introduce us?" Mina asked, her dark eyes staring up at the brown pools that belonged to her brother defiantly, he knew she wouldn't leave that easily.

An exasperated sigh escaped Tai's lips, "Mimi, this isn't the time for this, I'll introduce you guys, but I have to settle some things with her first, you don't understand, she's special."

Mina raised a dark brow questioningly, "She's special? You think a woman is special? Are you okay?"

No, he wasn't okay. She was doing the weirdest shit to his brain and he understood Mina's concern. It just wasn't like him to think of anyone as special, "Mina, just go, please."

Just as those words left his lips, he watched an ash-colored Lexus IS salon car slow down a few metres away. Damn, that car was nice. After art, he had a thing for autos. He had once considered being a mechanic and had even worked at a few auto shops when he was younger, over the years though, art had taken up most of his time and his interest in autos waned- but not so much he didn't know a damn good one when he saw it.

Forgetting about his annoying older sister, he moved toward the car to at least ask the owner if he could get a better look at it. A familiar male form stepped out stopping him in his tracks. He knew that guy, he had seen him somewhere, he was hard to miss or forget, the man had the build of a basketballer and looks better suited for a model. He watched the man turn around as he tried to remember where he had seen him.

The man opened the passenger door and Tai watched a long, slim, milky leg in a silver-sequined, 4-inch heel step on the pavement, it's twin followed suit, the man's hand was offered to whoever owned those legs and he helped her out....her! Of course, now he knew where he had seen the black guy, as well as the female who had just stepped out of the car, they were friends of....he gulped uneasily.

Damn. He had been waiting for her for hours and now that she was here, a nervousness that hadn't resided in him since they had agreed upon their date suddenly came over him. He smoothened invisible wrinkles on his navy blue blazer as he watched the tall man open the backseat door.

Unlike the first one, he took extra time talking to the occupant of the back seat before letting her out. A wave of jealousy passed through Tai when he noted the man's somewhat doting nature towards who he knew was Selly, he acted like he was her boyfriend or something. He shook off the thought, he wasn't her boyfriend, he didn't know their relationship as of yet, he was sure they weren't blood relatives because they looked nothing alike....he paused in hid thoughts. He definitely looked familiar, he had seen a similar face before....her fiance, of course. The man shared an uncanny resemblance with the other man in the picture she had given him of her fiance, they had to be brothers. He almost laughed at himself and his childish jealousy.

The other woman, whose eyes had been searching the street, finally caught sight of him, a small smile came upon her lovely features and she approached him, he had to admit, she was very pretty in that high-class lady kind of way and he didn't doubt she was the outgoing one of all three, she dressed the part. Her shoes were matched with an orange-coloured sleeveless chiffon top and a high-waisted metallic skirt that hugged her hips which weren't quite as thick as Selena's.

"Hi, Tai, right?" She asked once she reached him.

Tai gave her a warm smile, "Yes, good evening."

She returned his smile and extended her hand out to him, "I'm Linda, Selly's friend, remember me from the other day?" She asked, a mischievous glint in her eyes

He had a feeling she was willing to enumerate more on the 'day' in question, but he didn't give her that opportunity, "Yes, I do remember you. Nice meeting you again." He replied.

"Same here." She replied, her eyes taking a not-so-quick perusal of him.

Tai didn't doubt for a second that tonight would be more about his relationship with Selly than anything else, sure it was supposed to be a double-date, but he could bet her friends would zoom their interests on him all night long.

Luckily, he didn't have to stay under the curious gaze of Linda as Chuks and Selly joined them.

"Hi." A cheery male voice greeted.

He looked away from Linda and his eyes fell not on the over 6ft tall male standing inches away, but the less commanding, more conspicuous smaller woman by his side, he had to blink twice to be sure his eyes weren't deceiving him. She was gorgeous!

For the past few weeks he had only seen her in a natural state- no make-up, casual, or mostly sloppy outfits, dishevelled hair. This was the first time he was seeing HER. Selena. And boy was that outfit doing a number on his senses. The gold dress hugged her silhouette sensually, it was sexy, the colour complementing the coffee-bean color of her glowing skin- yes, her skin looked lovely as well, not the dull he had seen these past weeks. She looked like a different person totally. Her face had a new glow to it as well. It wasn't heavily made-up by any stretch of the imagination, but there was more of an effort tonight and he appreciated it- he more than appreciated it, he loved it.

She gave a small, unsure smile and said "Hi" in a quiet voice.

Unconsciously, he replied with a "Hi" in a whisper, the knowing smile that graced Linda's lips made him regain himself. He gave a small cough realising that they both looked like two shy teenagers going on their first date, "Hi." He repeated, his voice firm. His gaze reluctantly left Selly's to rest on the man beside her, "Hi, I'm Tai." He said as he stretched his hand out for a shake.

The man took it without hesitation, "Chuks, nice to meet you." He replied, his eyes looking him over like he was trying to assess the kind of man Tai was.

Tai made a mental note to himself to find out who exactly this guy was to Selly because it seemed he was the one he'd have to go up against if something went wrong...not that he ever wished for that, but this man gave him even more reason not to Bleep with Selly.

He watched a faint smile appear on the man- Chuks' face, perhaps a sign that he had passed the preliminary stage of acceptance, "Nice to meet you as well." He returned the smile with one of his own.

He was optimistic that by the end of the evening, he would've gained two allies in his quest to win Selly's heart.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 10:15am On Jul 05, 2014
The dinner was going much better than Selly thought it would and she was yet to decide whether that was a good or a bad thing.

She found Tai was having an enviable conversation with her friends, she almost felt like the spare wheel in all of this. She couldn't remember the last time Linda and Chuks had laughed this hard, and she would be getting a good laugh too if she wasn't over-thinking everything....and worrying about what Chuka would think if he saw them like this, or if he was somewhere around. She wanted to know what he thought, no, she just wanted to see him. But he said he wouldn't show himself to her anymore, so that was a lost cause.

Inwardly, she berated herself for even thinking about Chuka, here Tai was in all his gorgeous sexiness, right beside her, dressed to the nines in a pair of grey slacks, a white dress shirt and grey blazers that fitted his tall frame perfectly, his midnight-black hair was bound at the nape of his neck with a thin hair band with a strand falling loose, reminding her of what he looked like the first day they met- Samurai Jack- with a better outfit than the cartoon character.

His cologne teased her sense of smell, she couldn't tell what brand it was, but she made a note to herself to find out. It was masculine, but not so strong that it was offensive or cough-inducing. And he used just the right amount.

Virtually every woman in the room was giving their table more than just passive glances every 5 minutes as thought they were checking to confirm if the two hot pieces of male eye-candy were still there while they formulated a grand plan to shift their attentions away from the women they arrived with.

Yes, even Chuks was quite pleasing to the eye this evening, then again, just like his brother, he was always pleasing to the eye- even when he failed to dress up. He had come in what she had aptly tagged 'classic Chuks'- a pair of black jeans and a black shirt to go, she could bet her dress the dark green blazer he wore over the shirt had been forced on him by Linda. Probably one of the clothing items Linda bought him that he liked to shove in the recesses of his wardrobe until she made him wear it- or somebody died. Because Chuks had zero sense of style. He had a buff body, but couldn't figure out how to show it off in his clothes. He was just that clueless....and it wasn't just the clothes he seemed to be clueless about.

Selly hadn't failed to notice the looks of longing Linda had been giving Chuks when she thought no one was watching, she was going to ask her friend what exactly she thought she was getting into once she got her alone. As much as she had nothing against Chuks and Linda hooking up, she knew Linda would need a lot of attention and as much as Chuks was caring, he wasn't one of those people who caught on to things with ease so that would be something of an issue eventually.

"Earth to Selly."

Selly snapped out of her thoughts when she heard those words escape Linda's lips, she found 3 pairs of eyes staring at her in a blend of confusion and concern, she wanted to punch herself, it was downright rude to have just zoned out of the conversation, "I..I'm sorry, um...what were you guys talking about?" She asked as she reached for her glass of iced tea and took a small sip.

"Are you okay?" Chuks asked with concern.

She nodded, "Yes, I'm fine." She gave a small smile that was meant to assure them, but none of her companions seemed convinced as their expressions never changed.

"Are you sure? You know, if you're tired we could leave." Tai suggested.

She smiled her appreciation at him, she wasn't sure if his concerned tone should sooth or worry her. He had suggested this dinner and had booked the reservation hoping he'd get to know her more and she him and all her silly self had done the entire evening was sit there like some statue saying and doing nothing. If it were someone else, he'd have been pissed and his mannerisms would've shown that. Tai on the other hand, barely seemed affected by her lack of attention, she knew her friends were interesting, she just didn't think them that interesting.

"It's late anyway." Linda piped in as she flipped her wrist to look at the watch attached to it, her eyes bulged, "Wow, 9:50, how time flies."

"Time does fly when you're with good company." Chuks added, his comment clearly targeted at Tai. He found him an interesting fellow, he was nothing like the random people one met on the streets, he had a uniqueness about him that Tai liked and wholly approved of...not to mention, he clearly felt deeply for Selena. He didn't know many men who could stand being ignored by their date for the amount of time Selly had ignored Tai without losing their shit. He knew she didn't do so intentionally, but it didn't stop it from being off-putting to the average person.

Tai had played the role of a doting lover since they got here, he repeatedly asked if she was okay- his own way of making her aware of his presence most probably, he wanted to know what she wanted to drink, eat, if she was filled. He hadn't bothered asking her a lot of questions as most of her replies were monotonous in nature, he had kept it brief and simple with surface questions like what she majored in in the University, her hobbies, her favorite food and all of that. He had noticeably avoided any questions pertaining to past relationships and Chuks had to commend him for that, besides, he was sure he knew most of what there was to know about Chuka.

"I suppose we should pay for our meals." Chuks began as he reached for his wallet in his pants.

Tai waved him off, "No need, my sister owns the place, bill's on me."

"Wouldn't be right if I let you pay for it all, I should at least get mine and Linda's bill." Chuks insisted as he fished out two fifty-dollar bills, oblivious to the look that passed between Linda and Selly.

Linda grinned at Chuks' statement, she knew it didn't seem like much, but she was definitely getting somewhere with Chuks if he was willing to foot her bills, he knew her financial status was better than his presently- she had a well-paying job, plus her inheritance, but he didn't let that stop him.

Tai shrugged, "If you insist."

"I do." Chuks smiled as he dropped the notes on the table and held them down with a glass cup.

Tai nodded and stood up, "May we?" He asked, his hand outstretched to Selly.

She smiled coyly at him and took his hand, "Thank you."

"You know there's no need for such chivalrous acts, now Linda's gonna be expecting me to do the same." Chuks joked, his jibe won him grins from Tai and Selly and a playful hit on the back from Linda.

"It wouldn't hurt to be a gentleman once in a while." Linda said.

He smiled at her and replied, "I no be gentleman at all...I be African man, original, I no be gentleman at all." He sang along to Fela's hit song.

She threw her head back in laughter and stood up, "Let's go Shaka de Zulu."

Chuks followed and shook his head, "Shaka's Southern African, I'm West African." He corrected as he often did whenever she referred to him as Shaka.

"It's all Africa." She countered as she hooked her arm around his. He made no attempt to disattach himself from her and she smiled inwardly at this, once again lauding her progress.

All four of them walked out of the restaurant unaware of the prying eyes that followed them and had been watching them since they entered.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2014
Dunno if I've said this before, but I REALLY appreciate comments and reviews. If I fail to see any, I might stop posting with the thought that no one is interested anymore.

Kindly comment PLEASE

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by chibwike(m): 10:33am On Jul 05, 2014
safarigirl: Dunno if I've said this before, but I REALLY appreciate comments and reviews. If I fail to see any, I might stop posting with the thought that no one is interested anymore.

Kindly comment PLEASE
am with u dear
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by heemah(f): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
Thumbs up dear....Kip it kumin....
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by FruityLass: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by FruityLass: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Don't stop please! Please drop more updates. Ur good
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
Tai stared at the door which looked larger and more ominous than he remembered it to be. It was funny how some previously insignificant object would suddenly gain a new meaning or seem of higher importance when one faced certain situations.

His situation this time, was that he had to drop Selly off. He swore he had never had a shorter drive. Granted, they hadn't spoken much on their way, they had hardly spoken in fact, there had just been tranquil silence with the soft blues song coming from the stereo filling up the silence. He never thought he'd love silence as much as he did today.

He found her even more intriguing than before, he couldn't remember going on a date and driving back in silence, the other ladies he usually went on dated with liked to talk like paid chatter boxes, they went on and on about random shit he never guessed anyone would notice like the couple across from them with the obnoxious laugh, the rude waiter, or the lady who had on the wrong outfit. Selly had to be the weirdest woman he had ever gone on a date with- he liked weird.

He leaned into his seat, letting her know in unspoken terms that he wasn't going to start the 'goodnight' speech. Hell, left to him they wouldn't be in her driveway right now, they'd be at his place and he'd be ripping her clothes off, he smiled inwardly at the thought of ripping that sexy number she had on, oh, what he would give....

"I had a good time." She spoke up, pulling him out of his thoughts. He focused his attention on her but gave no signs that he didn't exactly hear her, she didn't care to find out if he did, "I know I was withdrawn and a little out of it, but I really appreciate what you did today, I...it's been a while since I had this much fun." She said, her voice laced with sincerity.

Tai nodded, once again thinking to himself how unusually grateful she sounded, she didn't sound like an excited teen after her first date or an eager woman even. Usually, he could tell when a woman wanted another date, but in her case, she seemed content with this one, not like she expected any future dates...he expected more.

He smiled disarmingly at her, "I'm glad you had fun. Maybe we could do this again another time?" He suggested. The words sounded alien to his ears and if it wasn't his voice, he would swear someone else was talking. That wasn't his line, he never suggested second dates, that's what the women did. He wondered if he should be scared of these things she was making him do...but they felt good, he felt...right.

She nodded in the affirmative with an uncommon eagerness, she had thought for a minute that he wouldn't want a second date, she truly did enjoy his company though it seemed like she didn't, "Yes, I would like that very much."

He grinned at her reply, "Without your friends? I mean, they're cool, but I'd really love a one-on-one with you."

She laughed, somehow she figured the presence of Chuks and Linda had deterred him from saying certain things the entire night and rightly so, "Yes, without them." She focused her attention on him and noticed with a sense of discomfort, the far away look in his eyes, he was staring at her with a lean smile which creeped her out just a little bit, "Are you okay?"

At that question, Tai's smile grew just a little wider, "I've never seen you laugh like that, it's beautiful." He replied, she stopped laughing, her face turning serious.

He reached for her and brushed her cheek with his fingertips, he swore he saw her shiver, "I really wouldn't mind seeing your laugh everyday." To emphasise his point, he went on to tickle her side, she shifted.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she dodged an incoming attack.

"Are you ticklish?" His hand flew at her, this time catching her unawares as he tickled her side, she squirmed.

"No, stop it.". She giggled.

"Doesn't seem like it." He proceeded to attack her ribs, his action fueled by the sound of her laughter and playful protest as she continually squirmed to get away from him and he teased her.

Her movements caused the seat to recline and Tai to reach lower, it was only when she was halfway down that he let-up, "Oh my goodness, oh God you're evil." She smiled as she tried to regain her breath from laughing that long. She hadn't laughed so hard in almost a year, it felt good to laugh this way.

"You said you weren't ticklish." He argued, he was now looming over her, watching the pleasant smile spread across her face which barely distracted him from her heaving breasts.

Once again, while she regained her breath, Selly noticed Tai's eyes glaze over. Only then, did she realize her vulnerable position, how she had gotten under him, she honestly couldn't remember, all she knew was that look of raw desire he was giving her was sending delightful tingles up and down her spine and so not helping her breathing. She watched him lean closer, her tongue slithered out to wet her lips unconsciously, pulling his gaze to that part of her anatomy.

He was only inches away from her full lips when he felt her hand wedge between them, he looked straight at her quizzically, "Did anyone ever tell you you look like Samurai Jack?"

Where that question had popped out of, Selly couldn't say, she only wanted to distract him, she was nervous and hadn't really thought it through before blurting it out. She could still feel her heart beating erratically, he was yet to move an inch away and was now smiling amusingly at her

"Did anyone ever tell you you look like Samurai Jack's love interest?" He countered. He didn't wait for her reply, swooping down to claim the object of his many fantasies the entire night- her lips, muffled protests dissipated into urging moans as her grip on his shirt eased, the taste of her cherry lip gloss intoxicated him like no other, working in tandem with the sounds of her soft moans to tickle his senses. If he didn't know any better, he'd think she was using some sort of spell on him, he just never thought he'd be so enamored by a female that nothing else would matter but her.

Every stroke his expert tongue took in her mouth, brought Selly to a newer height of ecstacy. Somewhere in the recesses of her mind, she was questioning the sense in letting Tai kiss her so passionately, but that was far, far behind. In the forefront were thoughts of how good his kiss felt, how heady the scent of him was and how his large frame fit so perfectly with her smaller one, she felt the unexplainable need to pull him fully atop her and spread her legs for him, give him the go ahead to ravish her just like he wanted- like she wanted. The past few nights had been filled with dreams of him coming into her room and taking her in every position she could think of and on every surface imaginable. The first time she had had that dream, she had woken up sweaty, aroused and scared, consequently, the fear had seized. Normally, whenever she woke up in such a flustered state, her fingers usually finished the work while her mind thought up some other tool that could've done it better.

As though her body was responding to the whims of her thoughts, her hands slid to his firm butt and pulled him closer.

A low groan erupted from his throat, his own way of telling her how much he was loving her take charge attitude. This night just kept getting better, having gotten her go ahead with that little action, his lips left hers and he sprinkled kisses along her jawline, "God, I want you....I want you so bad Selena." He murmured against her skin. Barely had those words left his lips when he felt her stiffen beneath him.

He stopped his ministrations and raised his eyes to meet hers, she had that look in her eyes like someone who had just come out of shock and he knew the night had come to an end. Still, he had to ask, "What's wrong?" His voice was soft, a sharp contrast to what lay beneath his pants.

Her expression changed to one of regret as her eyes looked away from his, "I...I'm sorry, it's just...." Her voice trailed off, she was unable to put her thoughts into words knowing she had once again disappointed him.

Tai lifted himself off her and returned to his seat, "It's okay, I understand." He replied simply. He couldn't say how true that statement was for now, did he truly understand? Not quite, he hadn't been in her position ever so it wasn't easy to understand. Oddly enough, he wasn't as disappointed or hurt as he thought he should be, he didn't feel that pang of hurt or rejection he knew was supposed to go through him.

Then again, he knew what he was getting into when he made the decision to court her, he didn't expect it to be a walk in the park, he supposed this was just one of those things he'd have to condone until he was able to get her out of her grieving state for good. If she had been locked up for 8 months like her friends said, then this could just end up being the most difficult thing he had ever done.

Selly closed her eyes and took in a deep breath to still her erratic heart, "Tai, I'm really sorry..." He placed a finger upon her lips effectively cutting her short.

"You shouldn't apologise." He gave her one of his charming smiles, "You did nothing wrong. I know you haven't fully recovered from what you went through and I'm not pushing you. Take your time, I'll be right here with you." He assured and found he really meant those words.

Selly smiled, she swore she didn't deserve this man, he didn't have to take all her bullshit, but he did. He was funny, witty and incredibly attractive, there were thousands of women who would willingly offer themselves to him and he was stuck with her of all people. She doubted many women got this lucky with men.

She took his hand and placed a light kiss on his palm, "Thank you."

"Thank you." He replied. They held each other's gazes for a while, communicating their feelings without words until he broke the comfortable silence, "I should've walked you to your door before attacking your lips, sorry for turning the process upside down."

She laughed, "No worries, you can make it up on the second date."

He grinned from ear to ear, he had already thought of the perfect place to take her on their second date. Now he only needed some help to achieve what he had in mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All I've Never Wanted... A Novella / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C / Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 497
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.