Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

A Choice Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Choice Of God (1161 Views)

An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / Imo Catholics Reject Pope’s Choice Of Bishop / "POVERTY" Is A Choice, True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Choice Of God by Abeem(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2006
The purpose of this treatise is not to convert anybody but to educate and be acquianted with what make other people strong and steadfast in their belief.  To start with,  I wish to quote the response of a Christian revert to Islam, Muhammed Stuart Clark in Australia when asked why he sought other religion beside Christianity.    He said: "I was not searching for any other religion but I was open about discovering the truth. When Islam came along, I looked into it as being possibly true - reading the Qur'an, considering its theology and finding about Muhammed (saw). What I discovered was truth, and I was forced logically to accept it, regardless of my personal views or biases. I thought, why shouldn't God send a prophet to the Arabs - from God's perspective ethnicity doesn't matter. I think many people do not look into Islam simply because of their racism".   Food for thought.

Depending on the religious belief you profess, you either believe that your scripture is divinely revealed and the contents are Words of God and the other scripture, not so divinely revealed.  Some believe that both the Qur'an and the Bible are of similar natures and contents. Some are of the opinion that the author of the Qur'an must have copied from the Bible judging by the similarities of the two books. They based their argument on the fact that the Bible had been in existence before the advent of Islam.  What can be further from the truth.
On the whole, the present Bible and the Qur’an are as dissimilar as the night and day, death and life and evil and good.  Precisely, the gulf of difference between these books widens by every attempt at comparison.  For example, let us examine how these books present God, the Almighty Creator and Sustainer of the whole universe.

The Bible describes God in human form, with human characteristics and with limited knowledge because man can hide from him.  But the Qur’an clearly absolves God (the most High, the all-Knowing and all-Powerful Being) of such derogatory demotion.

Bible Version
“Let us create man in our image, after our likeness” (Gen. 1:26).”  “… For God made Man in his own image” (Gen. 9:6)   “…For six days the LORD made heaven and earth--- and RESTED the seventh day…” (Gen. 2:23, Exo. 10:11) “And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD among the trees of the garden.  And the LORD called unto Adam and said unto him where art though? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked and I hid myself.” (Gen. 3:8-11).
Qur’an Version
“…He has made for you pairs from among yourselves …there is nothing whatever like unto Him…” (Q42:11).  We have indeed created man in the best of moulds.” (Q95:4)  “Allah! There is no God but He, the living, the Self Subsisting, Supporter of all.  No slumber can seize Him, nor sleep…” (Q2:255)  “No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things” (Q6:103).  “…He knows whatever there is on the earth and in the sea.  Not a leaf fall but with His knowledge… It is He who does take your souls by night and has knowledge of all that you have done by the day…” (Q6:59).

Further while the Bible presents God in several passages as being sorry and repentant, as weak and one that was defeated by a man; the Qur’an, the criterion and a guide to all truth lack such ridicule and blasphemy.

Bible Version
“Then God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth…and the LORD was SORRY that he had made men on earth, and it GRIEVED him to his heart.  So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created…for I AM SORRY that I have made them” (Gen. 5: 6-7).  “And the LORD REPENTED OF THE EVIL which he thought to do to his people.” (Exo. 32:14, Judges 2:18 and Gen. 18:20-21). Jacob wrestled and defeated God (Gen.32:24-30).  “And the LORD was with Judah: and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain, but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley because they had chariots of iron” (Judges 1:19)
Qur’an Version
“It is HE who has created for you all things that are on earth; then He turned to the Heavens and made them into seven firmaments. And of all things He has perfect knowledge.” (Q2:29).  “Verily Allah will not deal unjustly with man in aught: it is man that wrongs his own soul.” (Q10:44)  “…Allah said: ‘Did I not tell you that I know all the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what you reveal and what you conceal?” (Q2:33).  “Say: “O Allah! Lord of Power (and Rule) You give power to whom You please and You strip off Power from whom You please” (Q3:26, also Q51:58).

Bottom line: What the Muslims believe is that, the earlier scriptures (Tawrah, Zaburah and Injeel) were from Allah but later corrupted by the Jews.  Further, we believe in the infallibility of the Qur’an as promised by Allah, “We have without doubt, sent down the Message (Al-Qur’an), and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). (Q15:9). Truly amazing is the Qur’an. 
(Culled from Deen Digest May/June 1997).
Re: A Choice Of God by Gwaine(m): 7:20am On Jul 17, 2006
Well, I'm not surprised that you would go this far to even open a thread to post what you already have in another thread - Are Christians in Conflict or Does the Bible Contradict Itself?. In anycase, I've posted a reply there, and you can read it by clicking on this link: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=2496.msg493943#msg493943 .

(1) (Reply)

Asalamu Allaikum / A Letter From God "i Have Needs" / No More War In Warri, But More Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.