Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,120 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training (84582 Views)

Check Out Your Nigeria Brides On My African Bride Episode -1 / Photo: Check Out This Funny Head Gear(gele) A Woman Wore To An Occasion / This Is Me In My African Print Dress. I'd Like To Read Your Comments. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 10:20am On Jul 02, 2014
Hello NLers.

I have been following this section silently for quite a while now and i must say i am truly impressed by the kind of talent i have seen here. Well done guys!!!

Well, i decided to upload some pix of my creations past, present and ongoing. I would also be uploading pix of the construction process as time permits. Feel free to try some of them out.

I also teach pattern design and sewing, location Ajah Lagos.

So here goes!!

The first dress is a knee length chiffon dress with ruffles down the front, second one is a navy blue evening dress with ankara waist band and front and back peep-hole at the neckline.

You can call or whatsapp me on 080 33304712.

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 10:30am On Jul 02, 2014
Red draped gown

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 10:33am On Jul 02, 2014
Sorry the blue dress is not uploading maybe the size is too large.

This one is a fushia pink party dress.

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2014
hot off the sewing table. Side draped Ankara dress with chiffon inset and bead detail.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
More creations...

Side draped ankara dress with chiffon inset and bead detail.

5 Likes

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
Blue floor length dress with ankara waist band. The idea was to make a curved band that would look like a belt. The dress has front and back peep-hole at the neckline.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Another happy customer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
YES, we do Lycra too. I know most people are weary of sewing Lycra but i think its such a sweet fabric. no need for lining and usually wash and wear. If you cant get ball point needles, your best bet is to run a stick of candle along everywhere on the fabric your needle would go. It works like a charm for me.

Lycra dress 1: Cowl neck knee length dress with gathering detail on both sleeves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lycra dress 2:

Anyone who sews would know that once in a while, you come across a clients fabric that is so lovely you wished it was yours cheesy. this is one of those fabrics.

Its a black, heavy lace lycra. Its covered in lovely pink embroided roses. The client was going for the vintage look. Its a sweeping length with a see-through panel at the cleavage to the waist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
This dress is an oriental styled full wrap dress.

I used 1 and half yards of patterned chiffon for the upper part and and almost 3 yards for the lower part. I must say the client nearly knocked me over hugging me when she saw the finished dress.

That's the joy of sewing to me, the smile on my clients and students faces when projects are completed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2014
Call, SMS or whatsapp 08033304712 la Rosa Fashions for inquiries about our training programs or sewing of your clothes. We are located at Ajah Lagos.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2014
pleated bustier gown with mermaid flare and one shoulder roses
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by Empressgifted(f): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
Nice clothes, they really remind me of onila's works, well done.

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 3:55am On Jul 05, 2014
Empressgifted: Nice clothes, they really remind me of onila's works, well done.

thanks for your comments you have made my day. more pictures soon.

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by Empressgifted(f): 10:22am On Jul 05, 2014
larosa:

thanks for your comments you have made my day. more pictures soon.
u are welcome dear.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by VikkyD(f): 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
larosa: Blue floor length dress with ankara waist band. The idea was to make a curved band that would look like a belt. The dress has front and back peep-hole at the neckline.
kiss. This is my favourite. Your works are really beautiful.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
VikkyD: kiss. This is my favourite. Your works are really beautiful.

awwww thanks, just following my passion and loving every minute of it.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by VikkyD(f): 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
larosa:

awwww thanks, just following my passion and loving every minute of it.
. It's a wonderful thing to follow one's passion. Keep it up. More Grace to you.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by ladyju(f): 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nice works. How I wish I stays in Lagos
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by cheries: 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
larosa: Blue floor length dress with ankara waist band. The idea was to make a curved band that would look like a belt. The dress has front and back peep-hole at the neckline.
I love this.... Can u teach me how to make it?
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
ladyju: Nice works. How I wish I stays in Lagos

Thanks dear
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by VikkyD(f): 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2014
cheries:
And me too, pleaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeee.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by tandj: 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Love the gowns.
Mostly simple yet elegant.
Kudos kiss
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 3:51am On Jul 07, 2014
cheries:

VikkyD: And me too, pleaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeee.

Lol

No problem but are you familiar with pattern design? you will need that to be able to recreate the dress and get a nice fit ooohhh.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 3:52am On Jul 07, 2014
tandj: Love the gowns.
Mostly simple yet elegant.
Kudos kiss

Thanks much appreciated
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by VikkyD(f): 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
larosa:

Lol

No problem but are you familiar with pattern design? you will need that to be able to recreate the dress and get a nice fit ooohhh.
. I can sew a little. I might not know what you call pattern design 'cause I'm not a pro but if you can just tell me what to do and I should be able to get it.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
VikkyD: . I can sew a little. I might not know what you call pattern design 'cause I'm not a pro but if you can just tell me what to do and I should be able to get it.

OK no problem am currently working on the entire bridal train dresses for a wedding next month (pix soon). but by the Grace of God I would start the tutorial for the blue dress by next Sunday after church ie 20th July pls have your fabric ready.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by VikkyD(f): 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
larosa:

OK no problem am currently working on the entire bridal train dresses for a wedding next month (pix soon). but by the Grace of God I would start the tutorial for the blue dress by next Sunday after church ie 20th July pls have your fabric ready.
. Ohhhhhhh, I'm so so happy. Thank you so much ma'am. I'll be waiting patiently but anxiously. Please, what type of fabric should I get and how many yards? Thanks a lot ma, I'm excited already.
Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
@ Vicky D you would need 3 and half yards by 60 of chiffon, 3 yards lining (aba lining) and about half yard Ankara print of your choice .

1 Like

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
More pix......

Chocolate silk satin with a surplice (false wrap) bodice. the sleeve and hem is edged with bias.

2 Likes

Re: My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training by larosa(f): 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Bridal / evening tinzzzz...

Purple pleated bustier gown with mermaid (trumpet) skirt. A row of roses is used to form a one shoulder strap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Mexican Woman Looks Like Real Life Vampire After 49 Body Modifications (Graphic / Some Men Are No Longer Behaving And Dressing Like Men (Photos) / Female Guests Bare Cleavage At Lagos Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.