Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey (56018 Views)

Livestock Production: Fisheries, Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Sheep And Goats / Fully Functional Farm (poultry, Fishery, Cattle, Sheep) For Sale/lease / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by loshybab(m): 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
GGfadar:

Thanks
As long as we r still alive and agile, blessed financially, its never to late to start.
May GOD grant us d ability to contribute to d nations agric sector.

Ameen bro! Thanks so much
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by AreaFada2: 3:05am On Jul 25, 2015
GGfadar:

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

northern goats varies and ranges in price,
a 3 - 4 month old kid costs 6,500 - 8,000 naira depending on growth rapidity.

make sure you observe the state of the animals health and consider the fitness before selecting for breeding.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................
a day old turkey is sold for 450 Naira in my location.
i will advice you start with a 6 week old turkey if u r a starter in this business
a 6 week old turkey cost btw 1,300 - 1,500 Naira

Nice one.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by funjy: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2015
Hello, please how many years does it take a cow to be fully grown and producing calves.
Also how many calf(ves) can be produced on first delivery. Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
GGfadar:
coming up next

my backyard mini organic turkey farm.......
costs little capital.....

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 3:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
sizes of UDAH breed of sheep to select either for breeding or fattening......
the breed I usually recommend....

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
GGfadar:
sizes of UDAH breed of sheep to select either for breeding or fattening......
the breed I usually recommend....

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by murshid09(m): 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
My bosssssss
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:59am On Aug 07, 2015
murshid09:
My bosssssss

my Oga
I just dey try nii ooooooo
building my future gradually

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by docjuli(m): 11:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice. More feeders to your birds. smiley
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by freelife4all(m): 12:16am On Aug 08, 2015
interesting Bro, keep it up and ride on.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by actoor(m): 2:19am On Aug 08, 2015
Nice writeup.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by nwabuwa: 8:14am On Aug 17, 2015
pls can i get four female goats and one male goat for start up..I stay in anambra..
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by kabsun(m): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2015
nwabuwa:
pls can i get four female goats and one male goat for start up..I stay in anambra..

yes. I am in Bauchi the hub of livestock
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by nwabuwa: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
how do I get them.. whats the cost implication.tot u have a farm in Ibadan
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by kabsun(m): 12:17am On Aug 18, 2015
Lemmi get your email address or phone number so that we can have a good time to discuss the issue in details
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by EmmaAjayi(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
GGfadar, please l urgently need 8-12 weeks broilers. About 30 birds are required. Kindly come back to me if you have the source
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by nwabuwa: 9:54am On Aug 24, 2015
kabsun:
Lemmi get your email address or phone number so that we can have a good time to discuss the issue in details
really
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:02am On Oct 30, 2015
My new livestock farm at Olorunda aba, ibadan.

1 plot of land fenced with wire fence
A room apartment for herdsman
A store room for feed storage

6 cattle for startup

Anyone interested in setting up something like this can contact me for details..........

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2015
More pics

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:17am On Oct 30, 2015
5 GUDALI breed ( 4male and 1 female and 1 NDAMA breed- male )

The feed in stock------

Dry cassava peels
Dry maize residue
Millet
Wheat offal
Dry Groundnut leaves

Regular supply of clean water and readily available pasture

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by alakara(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
GGfadar:

The feed in stock------

Dry cassava peels
Dry maize residue
Millet
Wheat offal
Dry Groundnut leaves

Kudos siR, any idea for goat set up of this nature.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 3:49am On Oct 31, 2015
alakara:

Kudos siR, any idea for goat set up of this nature.

Yes.....................
I can do such for goats and sheep of any 9ja breed.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 4:02am On Oct 31, 2015
Basic medications after purchase of flock...

Mainly antibiotic, multivitamin and worm expel caplets

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by RehobothFarms: 1:38am On Nov 01, 2015
GGfadar:

The feed in stock------

Dry cassava peels
Dry maize residue
Millet
Wheat offal
Dry Groundnut leaves

Oga, what's your phone contact details? I'll like to discuss this on phone. Thanks
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
Call/whatsapp
RehobothFarms:

Oga, what's your phone contact details? I'll like to discuss this on phone. Thanks
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 02, 2015
GGfadar:
Basic medications after purchase of flock...

Mainly antibiotic, multivitamin and worm expel caplets

Well done bro!

I see the drugs are in big capsules, so do one just give them to cows to swallow or how? And how much is the deworming drug. Thks
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
I will post pictures for u to know how I give them d captlets

Check any vet store for d price of d drug
Its called ALBENDAZOLE
OTDR:

Well done bro!

I see the drugs are in big capsules, so do one just give them to cows to swallow or how? And how much is the deworming drug. Thks

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by dgitrader(m): 3:51am On Nov 04, 2015
GGfadar:
My new livestock farm at Olorunda aba, ibadan.

1 plot of land fenced with wire fence
A room apartment for herdsman
A store room for feed storage

6 cattle for startup

Anyone interested in setting up something like this can contact me for details..........

Nice work GGfadar. I follow you keenly.
1.What are the technical and economic differences between this your new one plot ranch and the one hectare ranch u always advocated.

2.Also, how do u deal with security threats from well armed catle rustlers who recently operate in urban environments.
3.Can three PLOTS of 50*100 land be sufficient for a new herder? Bearing in mind turkey and rams to be added.
4.Is there any threat rearing rabbits near cattles and rams.
5.Using wire fence as shown, how do u deal with snakes and deadly rodents?

I will personally contact you, just want you to respond openly here so that many others can continually learn and be inspired too.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 5:21am On Nov 04, 2015
There's no technical difference but economic difference considering d cost of fencing 1 acre/hectare. I av plantain on one acre farm which I used a part to raise cattle, they're gradually destroying my plants and sincerely the plants are doing great dis year.
I only used dis plot just to avoid crop destruction.
Another reason is about d enviroment, the plot is not close to any crop farm where I will always settle issues of farm destruction.
If anyone has enough capital to run 20 hectare cattle ranch succesfully and puts all facilities in place, then, no problem.
The capital involve will decide how large u can grow.

There's enough pasture and security threats is not an issue cos dis is a developing area where no one else is raising such animals.

3plots is enough to raise d flock if and only if there's enough pasture around. The plots of land will serve as a camp during the night and they can graze around during the day

About keeping rabbits close to cow ?, I don't think its ok though I av no proof against it but they've nothing in common but Turkey can do well with cow, sheep and goats if one desides to raise Turkey organically

Talking about issues with snakes, the herdsman takes care of that although I've never experienced snake attacks with large animal. I only know snakes attack poultry.
Pls which of the rodents do u think can attack a cow

I hope I've answered u ?

dgitrader:

Nice work GGfadar. I follow you keenly.
1.What are the technical and economic differences between this your new one plot ranch and the one hectare ranch u always advocated.

2.Also, how do u deal with security threats from well armed catle rustlers who recently operate in urban environments.
3.Can three PLOTS of 50*100 land be sufficient for a new herder? Bearing in mind turkey and rams to be added.
4.Is there any threat rearing rabbits near cattles and rams.
5.Using wire fence as shown, how do u deal with snakes and deadly rodents?

I will personally contact you, just want you to respond openly here so that many others can continually learn and be inspired too.

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by peacemaranatha(m): 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
Well done op. Pls I have this question to ask. How can one rear turkey organically? We buy feeds for them and they are doing well or will the organic method makes them grow more and cut cost. Is there any disadvantages with this method pls I need information

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter / Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Monster Fish Killed By Two Nairaland Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.