₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,233,753 members, 4,888,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2019 at 11:30 AM

Renamed Wp-login.php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Renamed Wp-login.php (2398 Views)

Adobe Flash Renamed As Animate CC / How To Change The Admin Dashboard Login Url From Yoursite.com/wp-admin / Download WP Genesis Framework Latest V 2.0.2 For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renamed Wp-login.php by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2014
I have a consistent login attempt on one of my websites and I think they are using a bot.

The user name they are trying is wrong so plugin I use automatically blocks the IP at the very first try of a wrong username. So no harm done except for this persistency.

If I should rename WP-Login to something else temporarily I think that will confuse the heck out of the bot but would that cause me any other issues?

Thanks.
Re: Renamed Wp-login.php by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
changing wp-admin can be tricky sometimes as the url (i think) is automatically generated so you have to bookmark the page or remember it....once you lose it, iouno what's gon happen

What login plugin are you using ?
Im using login lockdown and it's great ...
max login is three after which there's a time limit under which the hacker can login...... Settings can be changed
u can have ur max. retry at 1..after one attempt, voila...na too rest remain grin
Re: Renamed Wp-login.php by hilaryiwens05: 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
Follow the link, it will guide u thru d proceed: https://managewp.com/change-your-wordpress-login-url
Re: Renamed Wp-login.php by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
I use Wordfence.

Works pretty good and stops these issues but I want to stop the needless traffic load on my site.

Thanks guys.

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Successful Networking With Other Bloggers / Female Bloggers On Nairaland! Come Here!! / Whmcs Full Templates And Feature Management Admin Addon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.