Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,807 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? (30683 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by oamronnie(f): 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
Let me tell you how to get into trouble after marriage: Keep in touch with your ex girlfriend!
What are you doing?! Why are you scouring for trouble? You know she still has feelings for you.
Why are you texting and calling her, speaking in that low sensitive tone as if you never married
It almost always begins with a 'How are you?' A stiff 'I'm fine. You?' So so! That's at 9am. Then at 1pm your mind wanders. Now you want to know how she's doing in her new unit at work. As the Good Samaritan you just want to make sure her feelings are ok; you know, smooth things over... Then she asks if you've eaten. You smile. Kind of reminds you of old times. You smile again. Sheepish smile
Then her ping comes an hour later, followed by "Missing you!" You hesitate, but to be polite you send back "Missing u 2!
And the texts proceed along that corridor, throw in one or two borderline comments and jokes.
Then it becomes "Let me buy you a drink. For old times’ sake." Both of you know what you're doing.
You know you're working to a common answer. You know you're skirting an edge. But you really don't know which edge it is, whether Sheol or Abyss. "Why not?!" she replies. "But you know I can't be seen out with you. You are now MISTERRR! How about my new apartment. You haven't seen it. "Won't mind!" you say, excited in your belly. You're flirting with temptation and you know it. But you are cool! Can handle it!
At the close of work you nervously drive to her apartment. She's just a friend. You can visit an old friend, right? Well she's waiting for you. She makes sure to kiss you on the cheek. Nothing untoward. A friend's kiss. She's just arrived from work too. Only you notice the apartment is rather too cool for that statement to be true. Nervous, you stand up. To look around the apartment. You like that painting. Which one? You're backing her. Oh that one! Now she's standing next to you. Close. You perspire under the skin. You know she wants you. And you want her. But who'll make the move? You look at her. She looks up at you...those round eyes. Why did I let you get away, she's saying...softly, her hands on your chest. Then comes your kiss. It's a tentative kiss. And then the kiss changes nationality. It becomes a French kiss. And the clothes start flying off. Greedily. Just like in the movies. You know you ought to stop. You know you can still stop. But you don't. Then the clasp comes undone. The zippers follow suit. Like a Hollywood script. Now you're an adulterer. All because you couldn't cut off ties with an ex. It ended for a reason, you know.
There are relationships you must cut off once you marry. Especially relationships with high passion potential.
In a marriage, two is a company, three is a crowded stadium. You can't crowd in your ex girlfriend into your marriage. You're going to create trouble. Women are very territorial. And to a woman her marriage and her man are real estate.
Culled from Leke Alder's Letter to Jack.
U can follow @Leke_Alder on twitter for more interesting articles.

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by breathless(m): 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
@OP. Why on earth did you have to go dub jacknjilllive?
Bros Leke can sue you for this if he finds out. It called plagiarism
The least you could do was to give credit to the source and not make it look like yours.
Stop the copy cat syndrome and be original. You short change yourself and thwart your creativity.

7 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by oamronnie(f): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
breathless: @OP. Why on earth did you have to go dub jacknjilllive?
Bros Leke can sue you for this if he finds out. It called plagiarism
The least you could do was to give credit to the source and not make it look like yours.
Stop the copy cat syndrome and be original. You short change yourself and thwart your creativity.
I never said it was mine but thanks for the correction.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Sijo01(f): 6:11am On Jul 04, 2014
Badest idea.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Badmushazan: 6:13am On Jul 04, 2014
There most be something fishing .... Beware. Of adultery... Jst saying ni ooo
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Moblord(m): 6:15am On Jul 04, 2014
Don't do that If u want u spouse to trust u
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Yoney007(f): 6:17am On Jul 04, 2014
Its called an EX....why keep the past in your present...#Call me an oldie...and I will leap for joy coz I don't play the EX friendship card.

9 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by tuoyoojo(m): 6:21am On Jul 04, 2014
Truly! There is a burst of flame one gets when one makes contact with an ex. Especially, when the breakup was not a "bad" one and if one is not in a too exciting relationship

U know u shud stop but u don't.

If the eyes doesn't look the neck won't turn. So if u nor want wahala. Jejely delete that ex's number when u walk down d aisle

5 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by justi4jesu(f): 6:24am On Jul 04, 2014
Very bad idea...who does that undecided
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by ajibadeol(m): 6:27am On Jul 04, 2014
undecideda very sweet temptation please run away from it. but everybody seems not to like it, deep down there they are doing it angry

3 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Syenite(m): 6:31am On Jul 04, 2014
Bad Idea angry
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by lonelydora: 6:33am On Jul 04, 2014
Once happened to me. promise never to do it again.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 04, 2014
I'm learning for that day I will say I do.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by chelseabmw(m): 6:38am On Jul 04, 2014
To me it's not a bad idea tho depends on the line of communication...

I called her on her birthday just to wish her longevity

She's on my bbm list... we only chat about her work n family

When I'm in nigeria I always see her esp at her bank because she's my account officer n I run most of my bank transaction through that particular bank

We don't discuss about our relationship way back because I have moved on n she's married

My opinion tho

6 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by kingthreat(m): 6:39am On Jul 04, 2014
Why is it that men are so scared of their wives' ex?
If you're way better than the ex in everything including being romantic, why will she even remember him?
When I was young I promised myself never to nod a woman, but if that's what it takes to give 100% satisfaction and forget about her guys from history, I'll gladly be a bushman grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by korel9: 6:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Just 10 comments and already on FP?
Seun seems to have lost his swag angry
I have better topics that haven't made FP yet and this?
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by G12(m): 6:43am On Jul 04, 2014
My belle dey sweet me, dis' d 3rd time i'm makin FP dis mrnin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8XZLqIMmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vdC0i9uqRw

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 04, 2014
justi4jesu: Very bad idea...who does that undecided

Errrm...... More than 70% of guys?

2 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by gbaskiboy: 6:46am On Jul 04, 2014
The best is to cut off any ties that bind both of u together. It starts with simple 'hello' but at end it results to adultery. And u start going about with guilty conscience that last for months.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Chuukwudi(m): 6:46am On Jul 04, 2014
m
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 04, 2014
justi4jesu: Very bad idea...who does that undecided
You will be amazed at the number of people who engage in such and before you judge, pray you do not get caught in the trap also. Its not as if they all planned for it to become an extra marital affair, sometimes it becomes almost inevitable.

3 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by NaLaugh: 6:50am On Jul 04, 2014
great idea, if you're tryna get punched in the balls.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by technophile(m): 6:57am On Jul 04, 2014
dot
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by ezicospot(m): 6:58am On Jul 04, 2014
oamronnie: Let me tell you how to get into trouble after marriage: Keep in touch with your ex girlfriend!
What are you doing?! Why are you scouring for trouble? You know she still has feelings for you.
Why are you texting and calling her, speaking in that low sensitive tone as if you never married
It almost always begins with a 'How are you?' A stiff 'I'm fine. You?' So so! That's at 9am. Then at 1pm your mind wanders. Now you want to know how she's doing in her new unit at work. As the Good Samaritan you just want to make sure her feelings are ok; you know, smooth things over... Then she asks if you've eaten. You smile. Kind of reminds you of old times. You smile again. Sheepish smile
Then her ping comes an hour later, followed by "Missing you!" You hesitate, but to be polite you send back "Missing u 2!
And the texts proceed along that corridor, throw in one or two borderline comments and jokes.
Then it becomes "Let me buy you a drink. For old times’ sake." Both of you know what you're doing.
You know you're working to a common answer. You know you're skirting an edge. But you really don't know which edge it is, whether Sheol or Abyss. "Why not?!" she replies. "But you know I can't be seen out with you. You are now MISTERRR! How about my new apartment. You haven't seen it. "Won't mind!" you say, excited in your belly. You're flirting with temptation and you know it. But you are cool! Can handle it!
At the close of work you nervously drive to her apartment. She's just a friend. You can visit an old friend, right? Well she's waiting for you. She makes sure to kiss you on the cheek. Nothing untoward. A friend's kiss. She's just arrived from work too. Only you notice the apartment is rather too cool for that statement to be true. Nervous, you stand up. To look around the apartment. You like that painting. Which one? You're backing her. Oh that one! Now she's standing next to you. Close. You perspire under the skin. You know she wants you. And you want her. But who'll make the move? You look at her. She looks up at you...those round eyes. Why did I let you get away, she's saying...softly, her hands on your chest. Then comes your kiss. It's a tentative kiss. And then the kiss changes nationality. It becomes a French kiss. And the clothes start flying off. Greedily. Just like in the movies. You know you ought to stop. You know you can still stop. But you don't. Then the clasp comes undone. The zippers follow suit. Like a Hollywood script. Now you're an adulterer. All because you couldn't cut off ties with an ex. It ended for a reason, you know.
There are relationships you must cut off once you marry. Especially relationships with high passion potential.
In a marriage, two is a company, three is a crowded stadium. You can't crowd in your ex girlfriend into your marriage. You're going to create trouble. Women are very territorial. And to a woman her marriage and her man are real estate.
Culled from Leke Alder's Letter to Jack.
U can follow @Leke_Alder on twitter for more interesting articles.
.... Way too bad
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by onyeuka: 7:00am On Jul 04, 2014
D badest one
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by ICEKID334(m): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2014
sad
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 04, 2014
The situation you just painted is for people without self control.. If you can't stick to ur wife, don't get married.. When a man has surging li'b'ido such as you painted, he would invariably cheat on his wife and it doesn't have to be with an ex... Cutting off ties with all ur ex is somewhat difficult especially if you have a relationship with the person that is not sexual... What if the person is important to you somewhat, has helped you in desperate situations, is a business partner maybe, is a confidant... You cannot cut off such people from your life simply because you got married... You might need their help someday and your wife wouldn't be able to render.... Marriage does not have a manual... You are trying, "as most women do", to paint all ur husbands ex as enemies... Not all men have no control and for those that do, there is nothing you can do about it.. They would cheat on you even if you shoot all their exes... Know the man you are getting married to...

9 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by zeb04(f): 7:17am On Jul 04, 2014
Kikikikiki this is a sweet temptation but why not make it unisex?there ve been a lot of thread about women and their ex recently

2 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by u9052: 7:22am On Jul 04, 2014
It's always better to cut off all ties after a break-up.. you know what they say: old firewood no dey quench finish.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Exponental(m): 7:34am On Jul 04, 2014
Dis is nt totally true. Some men/ women are responsible and will always take their stand. Make friends in d public without any privacy
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:38am On Jul 04, 2014
All this gra gra self so this leke na Nigerian doctor Phil .......isssssoraaaitt
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2014
Best is to stay off,many can't pass the test...seems you talking about me,though not married,but have an Ex,that we chat on whatsapp,next thing,I went to see her,she was excited,one thing led to another,before you know it,clothes started flying off,till we got down..funniest things,she knows my fiancee,and I see her fiancee on her whatsapp dp...guess what-tonite,we are seeing again..fiancee is in school,and am bored....Am I a cheat?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Ways A Nigerian Mother Reacts When You Are Not Ready For Marriage / I Will Share Her Husband Till I Get Mine / Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.