Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia (38658 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by henryobinna(m): 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ask4bigneyo: Jumia will soon sue you for tarnishing their image on NL...
LAST BULLET:
For those that Love Play Station,
right now m playing FIFA 2014 and i need a tutorial on which button to press if i want SUAREZ to bite someone...! Very urgent pls
bite your game pad and he'll do the same to his opponent. good luck

www.legitstuffs.com

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Adekdammy: 10:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
have been enjoying jumia, though na pay on delivery o
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by saasala(m): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
Firefire:

Total war against the enemies of Nigeria.

Remain in His Grace.

Jumia. Refund that money in the next 48 hours or face the consequences sad
Brother fire for fire, I no even know say na you.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by AMADU77: 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
frankben: 69k? That's the money i spend on my breakfast alone...

im sure u r sucking Gari right now

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
AMADU77:

im sure u r sucking Gari right now

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Firefire(m): 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
saasala:
Brother fire for fire, I no even know say na you.

Na me ooooooo.
You got the logic to call the name correctly. Bravo!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by showbiz4all27(m): 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
Coolcash1: I am happy that the OP brought this very important discuss about Jumia up.

I too had a very terrible experience with them when I placed an order for a BB phone. When the product was delivered I was excited and glad that my money didn't go down the drain. However, it turned out to be a mirage as my excitement was short lived arising from some faults the phone started developing. For instance, the battery was bad, the casing, albeit white was already peeling and the speaker not too okay.

I complained about these problems to Jumia and told them that I want to return the phone because I couldn't believe a phone of just 1 day old would start having issues. Jumia's response was that before they can accept the product back I need to produce the phone pack. I told them that the based on previous transactions with them which had been okay I felt this won't be an exception- sadly not so. They still insisted on the pack which did not make any sense to me anyway.

Based on this, I have vowed never, never to patronise them again and also de-market them where I have the opportunity. OP, i share your concern. Please make sure they refund your money back. useless company...shiorrr

why not provide them a day old phone pack and get your cash refunded or product exchanged. I returned my laptop after 5 days of correct used. But i met all there terms and conditions.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 3sha4lyf: 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dee60: I suggest you try some other approach, possibly going to their office. Trying to de-market a brand on social media can rob that company of important goodwill. Remember that it takes a lot to build reputational capital and anyone in business knows this. Jumia does well 99% of the time and that is good enough. They are humans remember.

I know how you feel being tossed around but please remember that you could be in Jumia's shoes tomorrow. Who would not want to be as successful as them.

I think it is next to impossible for any company to get it right 100% of the time.

Please calm down.

If you spend 100% of your time building your reputation and 0% on managing it! then you've wasted your business time. Sometime businesses need to be defamed before they sit up. Have heard so many absurd reviews about jumai, even with recruitment. But then, my pity is for the owners because I think, and I stand to be corrected, it's the staff that ruin the great initiatives the owner put in to set up jumai. Annoyingly, when customers run from jumai, jumai folds up, these same people wld seek employment elsewer, get employed based on stupid "previous experience" and begin to plummet that company to liquidity.

Pls @ poster, take that voucher to EFCC or the consumer right protection... Can't remember what they are called in naija but they really do work. It's crazy to give someone a voucher for that amount. That's ludicrous. The manager who okay end that, as well as the person who sent u that mail must be jailed.

If you need any help, tell me. #SaharaReporters must be looking for news like this. wink

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by dytbabe: 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Seriously
Dunno why jumia advertises goods not in stock
Same with my husbands stuffs, got a mail the things were not in stock and then gave options for another
Advanced scamming

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by UnknownT: 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
Some people will never learn. I believe you are not new on nairaland and you most have seen some online shopping complaints making front page and you still went ahead to pay without the pay on delivery option? I believe a part of you went ahead with that deal waiting for this to happen, so you can come on social networks and tell your stories. Goodluck as you embark on your #JumiaRefundMy#69000 campaign

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by saasala(m): 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
Firefire:

Na me ooooooo.
You got the logic to call the name correctly. Bravo!

How you dey today nau
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by boladez(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
No Doubt Jumia is horrible when it comes to having advertised items in stock and indeed delivery dates

Konga is now competing with them to take the last position . I have ordered for two months and still waiting.....checked my online account only to see that they have refunded the money!!!!....and it has not hit my account one month on....Konga is hopelessly inefficient. I will write them a good letter.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Firefire(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
saasala:
How you dey today nau

I maintain my cool as usual.

Kool!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Tyche(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
Shuga jay: Such a sad 1.. So sorry bro embarassed.., I do the 'pay on delivery' system n it wrks well 4 me...

Hey shy one
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by kentorks: 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
equlibrium: @op
my gf wrks 4 jumia.
u no wan mak I see chop again abi? angry
God punish u! angry
Ur mumu nor get part II, wetin concern agbero, concern overload, infact u be muntula
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 3sha4lyf: 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
Laredojohn: Hmmm really bad experience, sure their terms and conditions would have stated that money paid can b replaced with shopping vouchers , that no refund, we naija peeps dnt read terms and conditions, anyway Konga is no difference, the only diff is that your money will not get stocked the more u chose pay on delivery, ordered a generating set that shows in stock on konga website, they call normal that it will be delivered 5 days later..all I get next is the moment its the third or fourth day the order is cancelled due to unavailability, check the website the next min its still displayed as available..those sites are just mordernized scammers .

Unfair to say the bolded, especially when you yourself don't read what the poster has read and reason it.
Poster said he made a purchase during a sales/promo period. Though they claimed it was already out for despatch, days later, they come back to say its out of stock AFTER the promo has ended. That therefore nullifies any terms and conditions stating a refund with voucher cos in this case, the customer neither receive his order nor voluntarily cancelled the order. Who does that
In fact, if this is true, Jumai needs not only refund his money but also give him a consolation voucher, no matter how small, to save the so called business reputation an earlier poster was talking bout. That's how to do business.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Sixteen2012: 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
I never finish purchase from aliexpress finish, e kon become jumia. anytin is misused naija . jumia refund that money asap.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by cannonnier(m): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dee60: I suggest you try some other approach, possibly going to their office. Trying to de-market a brand on social media can rob that company of important goodwill. Remember that it takes a lot to build reputational capital and anyone in business knows this. Jumia does well 99% of the time and that is good enough. They are humans remember.

I know how you feel being tossed around but please remember that you could be in Jumia's shoes tomorrow. Who would not want to be as successful as them.

I think it is next to impossible for any company to get it right 100% of the time.

Please calm down.
hear Him
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by vividfinger: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
I just downloaded and installed their apps from
Google play store today, with this and other negative comments I just read, I will uninstall the app immediately.

Thanks for the info, and I hope you will be compensated soon.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
zeemore:

THAT IS A LIE.... KONGA.COM IS FAR WORSE THAN JUMIA.... KONGA HAS NEVER DELIVERED AN ITEM TO ME IN ABUJA... NEVER. THE LAST ITEM I ORDERED AND CLICKED ON PAY ON DELIVERY, TILL TODAY, 4 WEEKS LATER, STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED. TUFIA!!!!

Are u sure of this....i ordered for a laptop from konga and it was delivered on a pay on delivery bases. Please, verify it was konga u ordered from cos dis dayz guys are creating their own sites for scam

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Konga,jumia or lumia,pay on delivery beta pass. sorry bro,u might stil b ans.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by equlibrium(m): 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
kentorks:
Ur mumu nor get part II, wetin concern agbero, concern overload, infact u be muntula
hahahaha. . .
joker
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by nylawal(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
This is not good for online business in Naija. Its possible there are no adequate laws protecting the consumer online since the phenomenon is still a few years old.

The closest I came to Buying from them was for a bb phone. I needed to know the cost of delivery and the cc guy over the phone was patronizing me to order the phone immediately. I always have a sixth sense when I'm being rushed into a purchase (maybe because I'm into construction). I always want to buy things on my own terms. Afterall they didn't know I existed until I called. So I told the guy I would call back n went to a store to buy it (costing a little extra). Mind u, even in the uk u might be kept waiting for days n u get disaspointed on getting d item. This maybe because the picture u saw might look slightly different n sometimes mixup in orders or even getting a shoe size wrong. It takes time to return n be refunded.

@op just take to the social media threaten them that you will report them to cpc. Which kind of useless terms n conditions would state that goods not in stock cannot be refunded. Pls take to twitter= Facebook and invite your friends to do same. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by ayoola2002(m): 10:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
equlibrium: @op
my gf wrks 4 jumia.
u no wan mak I see chop again abi? angry
God punish u! angry
If u dont have anything reasonable to comment, pls shutt up. Ok

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by solasalako(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Bleep JUMIA.. THEY HAVE DONE WORSE TO ME.. I ORDERED A PARTICULAR PRODUCT AND WAS SENT SHIPPING NUMBER AND WAITED TILL ETERNITY FOR THE GOODS TO BE DELIVERED.. NO EMAIL NOR PHONE CALL TO UPDATE ME UP TILL THIS MOMENT- IT WOULD BE 6MONTHS IN 4DAYS TIME THAT I HAVE ORDERED FOR THE GOOD. GOOD RIDDANCE
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by equlibrium(m): 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
ayoola2002:
If u dont have anything reasonable to comment, pls shutt up. Ok
hahahaha
troll
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by 3sha4lyf: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
UnknownT: Some people will never learn. I believe you are not new on nairaland and you most have seen some online shopping complaints making front page and you still went ahead to pay without the pay on delivery option? I believe a part of you went ahead with that deal waiting for this to happen, so you can come on social networks and tell your stories. Goodluck as you embark on your #JumiaRefundMy#69000 campaign

Not true, n not fair... Guess you have read each and every single post on nairaland and if care's not taken, on the whole internet. Sometimes, experience opens your eyes to what you've been missing out on. Now poster may go back and read poor reviews of jumai online and that's only because he's been hit. You will do same if it wer u.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by ziziponsche(m): 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
rattlesnake: i had the same epereince
BUT

THEY WERE SO IMPRESSIVE AND PROFESSIONAL eventhough i was far far from lagos

THEY COLLECTED MY RETURNED GOOD AND RETURNED MY 50K

Maybe ur luck is affected from ur village grin grin grin angry angry angry

D last sentence is a proof dat u've neva bought anything online not even a toothpaste. I am sure Mallam Bala is d one dat sold a brush to yu and u discovered its bristle was not as strong as u expected it to be, so u decided to return it and collect ur 50 naira. Nairalanders shaaa!!!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by redcliff: 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
saasala: I hope you are not from one of the other online shops trying to tarnish the image of another so as to promote yours. If that's your intentions then thunder fire your left nyansh and right eye, and if this is true then thunder fire Jumia website for 20 days. #justsaying sad

But was there anywhre in his post he made reference to an alternate online shop like jumia? Can you reason before typing? why not think logically.. because you have access to the internet does not give you the right to be steewpid.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by patriki(m): 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
It's Dooms day for Jumia.... I have never, can never and will never purchase anything online in Nigeria without using the pay on delivery option....be it Jumia or Konga or what have you...Simple
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
lighternote: at poster, sorry o if had that experience actually o. continue bombarding the customer care lines, they will surely respond.

As for me, my experience wt Jumia has bn wonderfully blissful. Most times, I wonder if it's still jumia Nigeria or jumia America. lol. All the led tvs, I got from jumia through one promo or the other, then when I moved to mine, I got all the fans ; industrial n mid, frames, more tvs n some kitchen stuffs from them without any hitch n they r working perfectly. I always pay on delivery.
I wonder y u thought 69 K is a lot to pay on delivery. as someone said, that's d best option in naija, any other thing is try ur luck.

nawao how many tv u buy in a span of hw many yrs abi when jumia start work
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by agrovick(m): 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Bringbackourmoney

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The CORRECT Nigeria Zip Code / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire / Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.