Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia (38655 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com / My Unfortunate Shopping Experience With Konga.com - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
tai wo: I jes reasoned paying 69k in cash is quite much.

Dont they have an office? Go there and ask for your money!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by mathmatica: 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dee60: I suggest you try some other approach, possibly going to their office. Trying to de-market a brand on social media can rob that company of important goodwill. Remember that it takes a lot to build reputational capital and anyone in business knows this. Jumia does well 99% of the time and that is good enough. They are humans remember.

I know how you feel being tossed around but please remember that you could be in Jumia's shoes tomorrow. Who would not want to be as successful as them.

I think it is next to impossible for any company to get it right 100% of the time.

Please calm down.
....YOU'RE A TYPICAL NIGERIAN....WHY COMPLAIN,WHEN YOU CAN BE SUFFERING AND SMILLING?RIGHT?

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by redcliff: 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
babe_online:

Dont they have an office? Go there and ask for your money!

I swear i would do the same for that amount of money..i would scatter the whole place if they dont refund me the moment i steo into their office but i think its jist an online store then they would have an admin offfice somewhere and a warehouse where they get theor goods from..this is theifry at its best...they dont want the money to leave the store like its their own...
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by initialize(m): 11:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
All the sites now have other sellers selling on their website.

Be sure it is truly from jumia store you order and not another seller's store hosted on www.jumia.com.

I have a store on , they advertise my phones for me and whenever you make an order, they inform me to go and drop the item with one of their courier partners so that the item can be shipped to the buyer and he pays when the item is delivered to him.

You can visit my Konga.com store by clicking on the link below

/Bangysmv

Or my nairaland store by also clicking on this link; www.nairaland.com/1788642/octacore-jiayu-g4s-38k-gionee

Or my store on www.kaymu.comwww.kaymu.com.ng/seller/bangysmv/

Or my olx store cheesy

Or my Facebook page grin

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Funniez: 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Gud information, but they say; dont go about telling people ur problems cus 70% of the people dont care, and 27% are glad u have them. Only 3% are ready to hear u out. Well, as 4 me, I tink I dont even know if online shopin wil ever come to my mind after all the 419 evrywhere. Tufia! Am I no longer a Nigerian
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by aieromon(m): 12:02am On Jul 04, 2014
lomaxx: Jumia and Arik Air seem to have one unfortunate thing in common.

Arik has a messed up online payment platform.

Arik,please refund my N34000.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by touchmeder: 12:06am On Jul 04, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Unfair to say the bolded, especially when you yourself don't read what the poster has read and reason it.
Poster said he made a purchase during a sales/promo period. Though they claimed it was already out for despatch, days later, they come back to say its out of stock AFTER the promo has ended. That therefore nullifies any terms and conditions stating a refund with voucher cos in this case, the customer neither receive his order nor voluntarily cancelled the order. Who does that
In fact, if this is true, Jumai needs not only refund his money but also give him a consolation voucher, no matter how small, to save the so called business reputation an earlier poster was talking bout. That's how to do business.
well spoken. They can't reply on any terms and condition with op cos they failed to fufill theirs. Op has a very good case anyhow u look at it. A strong worded letter from a lawyer may just do d trick.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by blaksmith: 12:13am On Jul 04, 2014
I actually had a similar experience with Jumia for a 50'' JVC tv...after a week, I logged in to check the status of my order only to see that my order had been cancelled. I called customer service to ask why the order had been cancelled...guess what, they were out of stock. I gave them a huge chunk of my mind. No decency or courtesy to call me. Fortunately, I had selected Pay on Delivery.

tai wo: There was a promo by samsung on their 40" Led Tv. which costs 69,000. this promo ended 30 june 2014.

The promo granted me the opportunity to buy a 40inch tv at that price. and Quickly I went to to place an order on 27th June 2013 so as to beat the deadline. After several days of waiting to see my order, (since I ve been mailed that the order has been shipped) I contacted them and they promised I will get my product asap. 8days later which is today, I was informed by jumia rep that they ran out of stock. I was pained and queried why they didn't inform me about this. that now I have to pay more than 25% on the tv elsewhere since the promo has ended.

I tried to reach them but to no avail then I resorted to the social media where eventually someone called me. I mailed Jumia to kindly refund my money as I will NEVER have any business with them again. I was still waiting for an alert when I got a mail that a voucher has been created for me without my consent, that such voucher is valued at N69,000 (the amount I paid for the tv) and I can only use it to purchase another item on their website.

I told them I wanted the particular tv and since I cant get the product they sholud return my CASH. Since then they havent gotten back to me. Now my money and product is stuck with them. My advice to anyone is to avoid shopping with Jumia and if u insist on shopping online use another online store and the pay at delivery system, so u wont fall victim like I did.

As at the time I am posting this I have not gotten a response from them. And Unfortunately we are in a country where this type of thing fly.

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Atmmachine(m): 12:16am On Jul 04, 2014
Shuga jay: Such a sad 1.. So sorry bro embarassed.., I do the 'pay on delivery' system n it wrks well 4 me...

I swear, you fine like mammy water
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Ndipe(m): 12:18am On Jul 04, 2014
And I was on jumia's website minutes ago before I stumbled on this discourse.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by AMADU77: 12:22am On Jul 04, 2014
[quote author=frankben][/quote]

U just did .. Silly arrogant
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 04, 2014
Op, thank you oo. I was about making an order for an Ipad 4. Gbege for be my name. I heard another one is Kara.com.... Has anyone bought anything there? I saw them on google.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by adanny01(m): 12:36am On Jul 04, 2014
I would never ever use any other method other than pay on delivery as long as am in Naija.

I made an order on konga to be delivered to my Abuja office. I was buying 3 items but from 2 sellers. There was 2 shipping charges of N930 and N1,250 on two of the items individually. But after i added all items to cart the sub total N9,300 plus N930 giving me a total of N10,230. I was happy that i got off the second higher charge. 4 days later, the 1st item came, a Bosch engine oil filter worth N1,800 and paid N930. From my total i am to pay the exact price of the two items remaining, but to my surprise, they demanded for N1,250 for delivery making my unofficial total of N11,480 . They had to go away with their stuff.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by nkpommpko(m): 12:40am On Jul 04, 2014
Dee60: I suggest you try some other approach, possibly going to their office. Trying to de-market a brand on social media can rob that company of important goodwill. Remember that it takes a lot to build reputational capital and anyone in business knows this. Jumia does well 99% of the time and that is good enough. They are humans remember.

I know how you feel being tossed around but please remember that you could be in Jumia's shoes tomorrow. Who would not want to be as successful as them.

I think it is next to impossible for any company to get it right 100% of the time.

Please calm down.
I think social media is what we need in this country people are taken for granted, trust and convenience is what this people are selling if you can protect it how do we build this nation, where all nigerians and their business are defined to be 419,this is where we will get our redress! PEOPLE POWER!

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Mattex001(m): 12:47am On Jul 04, 2014
its advisible to make use of d POD option (Pay On Delivery)......besides its normal to run out of promo stock of a particular ptoduct, because there are thousand's of Nigerians who wans to take advantage of the decrease in price, which brings about competition on who will get d product, the company might even make use of first come first serve basis for allocating the product to the consumer, and sometimes prefrential treatment might come into play....so bro relax, u can even sell the voucher to some1 who wans to buy from the site, but am sure nt the first person to be a victim of this shii so definately it wilk be resolved
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Mattex001(m): 12:52am On Jul 04, 2014
its advisible to make use of d POD option (Pay On Delivery)......besides its normal to run out of promo stock of a particular product, because there are thousand's of Nigerians who wants to take advantage of the decrease in price, which brings about competition on who will get d product first, the company might even make use of first come first serve basis for allocating the product to the consumer, and sometimes prefrential treatment might be adopted...so just take it easy or better still sell the voucher to someone who wans to buy sth from their site....my opinion though
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 04, 2014
He is sayin the truth.my hubby bought an invater wit them in April for 135k,when they brought it,after installation it wasn't charging. We called them to come n collect it back n bring another one,but der excuss was that they were out of stock.they refuse to refund d moni.instead they issue a voucher of 135k which we used in buying other tings on there site that we neva planned for.

They can sue me n I wil b glad to prove d op right.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by adisa204(m): 1:01am On Jul 04, 2014
rattlesnake: i had the same epereince
BUT

THEY WERE SO IMPRESSIVE AND PROFESSIONAL eventhough i was far far from lagos

THEY COLLECTED MY RETURNED GOOD AND RETURNED MY 50K

Maybe ur luck is affected from ur village grin grin grin angry angry angry
hmmmm how much were u paid for this update better don't lie.*just kidding
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Wadosky(m): 1:17am On Jul 04, 2014
sincerely speaking, I had my first deal with jumia the other day and it went smoothly simply because I used payment on delivery system.it puts me at advantage since I can terminate the deal at anytime before delivery.i don't take chances with online stuffs.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by HandOfChukwu: 1:45am On Jul 04, 2014
Jumia.com is owned by dirty thieving oyinbo scum, they aren't African or Nigerian, I use Konga.com because they are owned by Nigerians and it is a way better website.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Desmog21(m): 1:52am On Jul 04, 2014
tai wo: There was a promo by samsung on their 40" Led Tv. which costs 69,000. this promo ended 30 june 2014.

The promo granted me the opportunity to buy a 40inch tv at that price. and Quickly I went to to place an order on 27th June 2013 so as to beat the deadline.

Your date is confusing o!!!
You place your order last year June 2013 or this June 2014
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Decryptor(m): 2:13am On Jul 04, 2014
Ask4bigneyo: Jumia will soon sue you for tarnishing their image on NL...
LAST BULLET:
For those that Love Play Station,
right now m playing FIFA 2014 and i need a tutorial on which button to press if i want SUAREZ to bite someone...! Very urgent pls

While Suarez is on the ball, Press the O button+ UP button+ R3button + L2button then release.

This is because O is round as Mouth (in some pads, it is "B" which stands for bite...so it depends on the kind of pad you are using), then the up button is to help him jump incase the player is taller since Suarez is short (You don't need this if you mod or tweak his height settings), then the 3 and 2 means 32 which makes a complete set of teeth in an adult.

I tried it on Obi Mikel in a match against chelsea and Suarez bit of mikel's hand entirely. would have post screenshots for you but the files are large. angry

Thank me later. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by ceejay80s(m): 3:12am On Jul 04, 2014
A friend orderd for a 32gb memory card & a 20000 Mah power bank which comes with a free 2800 mah power bank yesterday , can u believe that the free 2800 mah power bank was missing in the pack?
Thank God it was pay on delivery,the dispatcher was convincing my friend that he would help him get it, and I told my friend not to trust them.
Can u imagine they tore opened the pack and removed the free item?
We rejected the stuff immediately. Jumia are
Bunch of silly criminals

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 04, 2014
We have been singing it like a song that you all should not shop online in Nigeria because your money go enter voicemail. But una nor dey hear.

Ntoogi tongue
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by bimbor(m): 4:05am On Jul 04, 2014
MARKone:

Humans indeed. Converting ones' cash to voucher, without that person's consent is inhuman and fundamentally wrong.

Call it what it is......It's daylight FRAUD!!!

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by jeffizy(m): 4:25am On Jul 04, 2014
sluvy4tune: Just 4 reply and its already on front page ? With no prove of payment /evidence of transactions ?

@Op guy who u be to seun ?
Who you be to Jumia?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by revelationuche: 5:06am On Jul 04, 2014
No u over reacted by droppin dah stament.I ve bought several tins frm Jumia wiv out any complaint.Dere customer service is far beta than odas dah i ve traded wiv.Jst talk wiv there customer care service.I bet u ,ur complaintz will be well attended to.[img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by kasheemawo(m): 5:22am On Jul 04, 2014
brownlord:

Seun brain still dey malfunction as result of that blast, no be em fault
this is an insult upon injury dude and very bad of you.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by jodeci(m): 5:27am On Jul 04, 2014
Jumia with their fake products. I bought two Tshirts from jumia,priced 7k and 6k+.,only to discover they are the worst tshirts anyone could ever buy after just one wash.

Most of their wares are knock offs.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia by Justice629(m): 5:45am On Jul 04, 2014
Why Naija experience go always dey different? Other online marts, (international) you no go ever hear something like this but for we country everybody they try scam everybody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The CORRECT Nigeria Zip Code / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire / Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.