Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG (14150 Views)

Only Seen On Lagos Roads (photo) / Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by alpha75(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
It is good to say the truth. FG I agree on this one,for example enugu-abakaliki road is wow. Any folk that has ply that road will bear me witness.

2 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Daddybee: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Let us all leave politics out of this....are we better off with any of these no-mercy-parties? I never fooled myself beyond a second
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by MARKone(m): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
grin grin grin I hope the minister for works, or somebody that know the minister for works, do see this tread.

Bloody Liars angry angry
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by kgbd(m): 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
He said motorable, can somebody look up the word "motorable" for us?

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by jaytee01(m): 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
ikwere militant: my broda u spoke my mind.sm also had poor way of comprehension or just hate good news.d report said 75percent nd sm re expectng all d roads to be given atention at d same time.travel to vom manchok road see d enginering masterpiece by pw done by gej.see d bida mokwa rd leadng to lagos dat ws formerly a death trap,see suleja minna rd on going,wat of enugu ph rd,auchi okene rd,gombe yola rd.katsina fontua rd.ds roads i pasd myself o.gej hate hm or lv hm d man hs done wel on roads in nija.period!
Mr Traveller, abeg mention the roads constructed in the south south and south east and shame the devil. GEJ loves us too much. Oya!
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by sleekman(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Evy.uc:
Remember enugu onitsha exressway is not motorable geting to 10 years. I, personally wil not vote 4u if dat road is not fixed.
I laff in hausa. U think ur vote will count? GEJ will get close 2 100% votes across d SE and SS. Gbam!
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Larich01(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ok Taken
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by masqot(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
Gone are those days when you feed people with
lies and they take it hook, line and sinker. 71%
must have been a slip of tongue or typographical
error. Someone said maybe it's 21%. Unbelievable;
"It said a total of N1.469tr had been spent on
federal roads across the six geopolitical zones in
the country since 2011"
They should tell us the actual amount spent on
roads and the amount that went down the drain.
"According to him, some roads alignments in
Nigeria presently, can compete favorably with
roads in the developed parts of the world".
All lies as Lagos/ Ibadan road still remains "death
trap".
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by jaytee01(m): 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dmentor: Is Enugu-PH express road still part of the federal roads? Action is needed, that is still a death trap.
Don't worry, when GEJ comes for campaign there, he will promise to reconstruct the road in addition to the second Niger bridge. Just be patient, ok?
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Cooljoe1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
theshadyexpress: JULY 3, 2014 BY OKECHUKWU NNODIM, ABUJA
Leave a Comment
The Federal Government on Thursday said over 71 per cent of federal roads in Nigeria are currently in good condition and are motorable.

It said a total of N1.469tr had been spent on federal roads across the six geopolitical zones in the country since 2011.

The Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, stated that from about 5,000km of fair roads in 2011, Nigeria currently has about 25,000km of the 35,000km of federal roads in good and motorable condition.

Onolememen, in a statement from the Federal Ministry of Works, said the present administration inherited federal roads which were generally described as “death traps,” as many road projects were either abandoned or moving at snail speed due to paucity of funds.

According to him, some roads alignments in Nigeria presently, can compete favorably with roads in the developed parts of the world.

He added that throughout the six geo-political zones, travel times had reduced between origins and destinations, cost of vehicle maintenance had drastically reduced, while accidents and carnage on Nigerian roads had dropped due to better pavement design and construction.

Onolememen said economic goods were better distributed through the nation’s arterial roads with better turn-around times that lead to more profits for entrepreneurs.

The minister said the ministry was currently executing 184 contracts across the country, majority of which were inherited by the present administration.

He stated that progress had been made with the rehabilitation, construction and expansion of key arterial projects.

Onolememen outlined some of the challenges faced by his ministry since assumption of duty to include the insurgency in the North-East, excess axle load of trucks beyond acceptable tonnage on highways and indiscriminate cutting across the highways.

Others include burning of tyres on the roads, erection of bumps on roads, destruction of road furniture as well as encroachment on right of ways.

The statement noted that 30 road projects with total length of 1255.1km, worth N275.6bn, had been executed in the North-Central zone.

It said 27 projects with a length of 1287.7km and total cost of N319.1bn were executed in the North-East, while the North-West had 20 projects, 1040.2km long, and worth N157.1m.

The South-East, South-South and South-West, according to the statement, had 45, 32 and 30 road projects executed in the zones respectively.

It noted that with the advent of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme, the government recorded remarkable progress in 2013 on the dualisation of four key arterial roads across the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/71-federal-roads-now-motorable-fg/#respond
pls does that 71per cent include d lagos-badagry expressway??
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Galadimabawa: 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
I believe u, e No finish?
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Dogzimalon: 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
theshadyexpress: JULY 3, 2014 BY OKECHUKWU NNODIM, ABUJA
Leave a Comment
The Federal Government on Thursday said over 71 per cent of federal roads in Nigeria are currently in good condition and are motorable.

It said a total of N1.469tr had been spent on federal roads across the six geopolitical zones in the country since 2011.

The Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, stated that from about 5,000km of fair roads in 2011, Nigeria currently has about 25,000km of the 35,000km of federal roads in good and motorable condition.

Onolememen, in a statement from the Federal Ministry of Works, said the present administration inherited federal roads which were generally described as “death traps,” as many road projects were either abandoned or moving at snail speed due to paucity of funds.

According to him, some roads alignments in Nigeria presently, can compete favorably with roads in the developed parts of the world.

He added that throughout the six geo-political zones, travel times had reduced between origins and destinations, cost of vehicle maintenance had drastically reduced, while accidents and carnage on Nigerian roads had dropped due to better pavement design and construction.

Onolememen said economic goods were better distributed through the nation’s arterial roads with better turn-around times that lead to more profits for entrepreneurs.

The minister said the ministry was currently executing 184 contracts across the country, majority of which were inherited by the present administration.

He stated that progress had been made with the rehabilitation, construction and expansion of key arterial projects.

Onolememen outlined some of the challenges faced by his ministry since assumption of duty to include the insurgency in the North-East, excess axle load of trucks beyond acceptable tonnage on highways and indiscriminate cutting across the highways.

Others include burning of tyres on the roads, erection of bumps on roads, destruction of road furniture as well as encroachment on right of ways.

The statement noted that 30 road projects with total length of 1255.1km, worth N275.6bn, had been executed in the North-Central zone.

It said 27 projects with a length of 1287.7km and total cost of N319.1bn were executed in the North-East, while the North-West had 20 projects, 1040.2km long, and worth N157.1m.

The South-East, South-South and South-West, according to the statement, had 45, 32 and 30 road projects executed in the zones respectively.

It noted that with the advent of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme, the government recorded remarkable progress in 2013 on the dualisation of four key arterial roads across the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/71-federal-roads-now-motorable-fg/#respond

He is joking enugu -otukpo rubbish. Enugu onitsha half done.Enugu - ph rubbish.Enugu Ebonyi rubbish.pls is he blind, stupid or Dump?
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by SpanishExpat(m): 8:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
Cooljoe1:
pls does that 71per cent include d lagos-badagry expressway??

,,,,and my garage space also.... smiley
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Cooljoe1(m): 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
SpanishExpat:

sooo u dhey work for gareji badagri? Alaye orita ni bobo yiii ooo grin
SpanishExpat:

sooo u dhey work for gareji badagri? Alaye orita ni bobo yiii ooo
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
I have travelled by road, and I confirm the ones I av passed in the south, More grease to ur elbow! Those that will see truth will hide from it... Before we Nigerians condemn good works by people! Don't forget where u are coming from.Kudos...FG!
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by chucky234(m): 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Skilled LIAR
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
alpha75: It is good to say the truth. FG I agree on this one,for example enugu-abakaliki road is wow. Any folk that has ply that road will bear me witness.
You right!
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Alexmania: 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sum of d roads cut across sum part of d biziest area of sum of our cities nd d state govmnt claim dat dey r responsible 4 d construction.. Only God knowz who is decieving who
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by horchukoh(m): 9:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
Yeah i pass through that road some month ago never knew it is a federal road most roads in delta state are in a sorry state even the one that links to osubi airport smh
Orlando Owoh: Refinery Road, Ekpan, Warri.

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Godisnear(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
Does he mean roads in Nigeria or in Niger Republic?
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by otokx(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
Is 71% of the east west road dualization complete? The answer is NO.
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by adanny01(m): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
ikwere militant: my broda u spoke my mind.sm also had poor way of comprehension or just hate good news.d report said 75percent nd sm re expectng all d roads to be given atention at d same time.travel to vom manchok road see d enginering masterpiece by pw done by gej. see d bida mokwa rd leadng to lagos dat ws formerly a death trap,see suleja minna rd on going,wat of enugu ph rd,auchi okene rd,gombe yola rd.katsina fontua rd.ds roads i pasd myself o.gej hate hm or lv hm d man hs done wel on roads in nija.period!

Concerning the bolded part. Obasanjo gave that contract. Btween 2009-2011 was when the real work was done. I supervised the 132kv transmission line u see around there. We did our blasting at the same time theirs was going on. I passed through the road on daily basis going to my sites while road users were prohibited. Thats not GEJ project. He only extented the contract to kagoro and samaru from manchok where its was initially supposed to stop. The part he gave is uncompleted and since abandoned. Infact the samaru part is unmotorable right now (i know cos the road leads to my wife's village).
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by roxell120(m): 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
Evy.uc:
Remember enugu onitsha exressway is not motorable geting to 10 years. I, personally wil not vote 4u if dat road is not fixed.
u re a supporter of APC. When did u ply there last? Work is seriously ongoing there stretching from onitsha to awka and heading to enugu? Thos that said apapa rd is bad ,when did u visit oshodi mile2 where work is in proggress which will extent to d said apapa? Rome was nt built in a day its step by step.poverty has made us to overlook so many achievements of this govt.what abt benin/ore rd,lagos/ibadan expressway ,onitsha /owerri rd? Some people just want Gej death no matter how excellent he performs. God bless my president.
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by roxell120(m): 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nosurrenda: Fed govt has 71% to boast of but Lagos govt has less than 20%, they just believe in planting flowers.
nairaland! Its gud to reads coments to cure high bp. Chei!
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by excelabbey(m): 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
........crap!
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by okotv(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
lagos - ibadan.....third mainland bridge....lagos-abeokuta....are these not in nigeria

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Blue Magic: How do Nigerians put up with these mediocre kind of Government

how do people in europe put up with racism
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by ziziponsche(m): 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dis is a political YAGA YAGA! Our vehicles still dance d Macabba Dance. #seeyanmayanma #Aromaoflies
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by muraj1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
If the deceived is unaware of the deceit, at least the deceiver is very much aware of the deceit. "THERE IS GOD O".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. / Blown Head Gasket: Detailed Explanation / Amazing New Cars From The 2019 Geneva Motor Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.