Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby (35671 Views)

Pics: Korede Bello Shamed By Alma Mater, Kneels Before He Could Perform For Them / Iyanya & Yinka Ayefele Perform For Jonathan & Patience In Abuja / Goodluck Pays N40m To "moise Bently" (nigerian Artist) To Perform For Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by dontega(m): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Lolz smiley ; #4ck dem all haters.
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by inception101(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
undecided undecided
T-val:
It's better we start rejecting their award if this is the way they will continue treating our African Stars.
[color=#990000][/color]
The funny part was, almost all the african artist did d same thing including sarkodie,davido n d likes!!!! What's d point performing when u kno its demeaning ? undecided undecided
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
It is a big lie! Even if they were. Aren't they human beings? What is wrong in doing that? I have seen famous Americans performed for terminally ill people, army, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVQ1a-zypU

1 Like

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by daviesmania(m): 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
Lols. Sorry this is not funny sha, buh 4 her mind was she thinking she was doing the real deal?
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Giannakopoulos(f): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
Are cleaners and technicians not supposed to have fun as well or was Tiwa reserving her unclad body for Bill Gate,she cm enta 1 chance

2 Likes

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by myspnigeria: 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
BET shld be called to order for misleading d public
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by vislabraye(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
Did they force her? Doesn't she have a good publicist? What about her husband/manager ?

I don't think they can do this to Tu Face or Dbanj.
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
F**K BET! Do people take it serious? I don't listen to what they do in the TV show though!
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by smudge2079(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mtchewwww, are passers-by, cleaners and technicians not human beings??

1 Like

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by homesteady(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
After the sensational headline linda ikeji gave the video, i was compelled to watch it, expecting to see tiwa performing on the main stage, lo and behold I was shocked when the person videoing it showed the audience, I was like WTF!!!!!!!!!
I just cancelled the video! I no get MB to waste!

4 Likes

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by slex(m): 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
ggrin: Abeg who sing eminado by tiwa salvage?

Raz Kimono

2 Likes

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Amya(f): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
Is is just me or was Imelda throwing an indirect jab at Tiwa savage?

4 Likes

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by 50calibre(m): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
Nigerian artists are all turning into bunch of groupies for american entertainment industry. Grammy awards, oscars, BETs, MTVs.. you will find them lurking around the premises, photobombing and stealing selfies with hollywood celebs. i though money drives away inferiority complex, why the need to go to a place where you neither noticed nor appreciated?

Breaking into American entertainment is near impossible for any Nigerian artist, america is never short of talent, the cultures are way different, the typical american public cant relate to an Nigerian entertainer, when will these people understand a simple fact.

its better to be a lion in the jungle than a dog in the city, i thought Dbanj should have been a good lesson?

Femi Kuti has twice or thrice been nominated for grammy awards, but i haven't seen him attend any.

8 Likes

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
She did her job and get out of there. I don't know what Nigerians are asking for. Americans don't recognize Nigerian artistes.

1 Like

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by oyin01(m): 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
Technicians no be human?
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
You guys are just a bunch of cry babies. no one listens to your sort of music here. only nigerian immigrants watch nigerian movie or music. create your own award . Nigerian entertainment is not one of the best,you guys are delusional .
Jamaican music and movies are better than Nigeria . South African music and movies are better than Nigeria . why do you want a special treatment?
Japanese movies and music are better than Nigeria. Brazil,Argentina, Italian movies are better than Nigeria. Cuba manufactures their own vehicles. Argentina,Italy,Japan,India etc. manufactures their own vehicles.

listen to this japanese songs (pop and Jazz) below and tell me if it doesn't blow your mind away. I think they should be invited to perform at the american awards instead as I have a great admiration for the Japanese and their ways of doing things .I love how they learn from the united States and make it their own . I love their Animes as well .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-Iqs1ASxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XybNzDmjoD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UK4lR2bTqg

1 Like

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by vislabraye(m): 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija: It is a big lie! Even if they were. Aren't they human beings? What is wrong in doing that? I have seen famous Americans performed for terminally ill people, army, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVQ1a-zypU

My brother its a different thing. If she does it for terminal ill people or the army, it's a different thing. But not doing it in the backstage !
I'm sure she would not do this in Naija. Some artistes are even too big to snap with fans or sign authographs.

2 Likes

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by davidif: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

I agree with you but on the part of nudity. Africa is the king in terms of nudity because of the high temperature environment . Religion and colonialism brought about coverings .for our artist , If you gonna go nudé. Do it the African way, with leaves covering some part of body , African tribal Mark or something. Try to be original. That's what to be an artist means.
Same applies to wearing fake hair when you as an African can actually do a nice braids or have your afro intact

I highly disagree with your point about indigenous people not wearing clothes before colonialism and religion came. I have seen several pictures of various indigenous cultures that wore clothes (I.e the Yoruba's, Hausa and some Fulani's) so the perception that oyinbo's brought clothes to us his false in a number of cases.

3 Likes

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
vislabraye:

My brother its a different thing. If she does it for terminal ill people or the army, it's a different thing. But not doing it in the backstage !
I'm sure she would do this in Naija. Some artistes are even too big to snap with fans or sign authographs.
You are joking! Aren't you? She is not even recognized in USA. So get your fact straight before even talking about autographs. There's no artiste who can sign her autograph for all fans!

I think merely looking at that stage you would know BET is trying to create a platform for Africans. It is better because it tends to add diversity. This is just their first backstage performance, I guess.
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Allansmith: 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
Olucheye: Tiwa Performing to a group of Technicians, She should Be Glad She At least performed to some People.

Left To Me, They(Nigerian Artiste) Are Mostly Whores And All Hollywood Wanna-Be Artistes. See That Crap She put up in her last Music Video.

The Only Nigerian Artistes I will Ever Support To Mount The Real BET Award Stage..... to perform are, ASA and Femi Kuti.

The Rest Are just Noisemakers.
Asa is number one anyday...She's classical and beta than most naija wannabes.....Go Asa...
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by gabrielahamz(m): 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
B.E.T? Who watches that sh!t anyway??
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Allansmith: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
slex:

Raz Kimono
. Raz Kimono featuring Oliver de Coque.... grin

2 Likes

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by blesoh(f): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
hatux: As goat stand for market,na so them dey price am! Those people are just sh*ts!
lol abeg no kill me wid laf oooooooo
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by ElNur1: 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
No be only Tiwa savage ooo...
Ice Prince own worst
Last year, Ice Prince was given d award backstage nd den BET told prince to pretend it was on stage, SMH 4 BET

5 Likes

Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by slex(m): 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
Allansmith: . Raz Kimono featuring Oliver de Coque.... grin

Me sef i taya bro
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by youngice(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
gidjah: WHO D CAP FITS,let him wear it!ur talent will put u in d fore front & not in d hall filled wit cleaners & security men,our african stars like follow follow too much thus relegating them to d gutters will never be a problem wit this dumb whitey.most of them do not even know their place yet.we had great African musicians who where honored world wide wit ovations anywhere they go to,they never dared sold their culture 4stupid devilish fame like this new artists we have now.was it not that same tiwa dat was almost naked in an award recently?was is not her dat released that evil song wit half naked flesh??is that our African culture?why won't d white man help expose her foolishness & stupidity since she does not even know where she is coming from! until u show a white man some thing he does not know,he'l always rule u.u can't move a white man wit ur naked body in a movie or video song,no!he is ur master in dat area ,but once u show him u have a culture u honor so so much & u r not willing to sell,he will flow 4u!
gbam
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by maingwaest(f): 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
I knew it, the video said all.
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
BABA AND MAMA ABEG ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by lakunle1love(m): 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
El_Nur_: No be only Tiwa savage ooo...
Ice Prince own worst
Last year, Ice Prince was given d award backstage nd den BET told prince to pretend it was on stage, SMH 4 BET

Bros, u can lie o, I watched last year own, he was given in front of d audience n not back stage, he even took pictures with some other African artists
Re: BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
[size=13pt]I noticed too!! Even the awards were presented before anybody arrived. Its nonsense. if you cant honor those who you call the best artists from a continent of over a billion people, black people, Then hold ur damn glass frames you call awards..... Its embarrassing, last year wasn't like this at at.

I really was anticipating tiwas' performance until i saw her in a tiny hall looking like my secondary school dining room
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Waje’s Daughter, Emerald's 17th Birthday Is Today / Kizz Daniel Released From Tanzanian Police Custody / Kiddwaya & Erica Raise Alarm Over 'Attacks' On Their Social Media Handles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.