Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area (18005 Views)

Rechargeable Blasting Device For Unexploded Bombs Unveiled By Army - Photos / Bombs Found Inside Church Few Hours Before Commencement Of Service / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 04, 2014
Residents of Ohafia in Abia State were jolted yesterday by reported discovery of bombs in the community.

This was coming barely three weeks after Improvised Explosives Devices (IEDs) were discovered at the headquarters of the Living Faith Church (a.k.a Winners Chapel) in Owerri, Imo State and the arrest of 486 Boko Haram suspects at Aro Ngwa Junction and Imo Gate, near Aba.

But when contacted, Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of Abia State Command, Geoffrey Ogbonna, denied the discovery of any bomb in the area, saying what happened was just a bomb scare.

Reports said at about 9.00a.m. yesterday after some herdsmen had passed the area, between the house of Nigerian Ambassador to Canada, Chief Ojo Maduekwe and that of the member representing Ohafia South in the state House of Assembly, Mba Ukaha, soldiers on duty along the Ebem/Asaga Road received information about some strange objects found in the area.

The soldiers were reported to have, after seeing the objects, alerted their superiors at the 14 Brigade headquarters, Ohafia and after visiting the site, they ordered the cordoning off of the area while vehicles were stopped from plying the Ebem/Asaga Road.

Our source said men of the Bomb Disposal Unit of the Abia State Command of the Nigeria Police in Umuahia were immediately drafted to the area and on their arrival saw one of the bombs allegedly connected to a high tension wire.

The police were said to have detonated the bombs and took them to Umuahia for analysis.

Our source said the bombs discovery caused pandemonium in the area as people who had gone to work, on hearing about the incident, rushed back home.

“It was around 9.30a.m. after I had already gone to work that I received the information and I had to rush back home. On my way back, I stopped to see some of the soldiers at the checkpoint because we are friendly and they confirmed the incident to me and I had to rush home immediately,” the source, who would not want his name in print, said.

“Thereafter, the road was cordoned off for about three hours even after the bomb disposal experts from the police had left with the objects to Umuahia,” the source, who would not want his name in print, said.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=70450
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2014
they wan try am for my village May amadioha strike dem all

3 Likes

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by lakpalakpa: 9:45am On Jul 04, 2014
Shebi some people were glad that Lagos was bombed...

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by Onwe101(m): 9:50am On Jul 04, 2014
Na wa o
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 04, 2014
donmix: they wan try am for my village May amadioha strike dem all
You took the word “ Amadioha ” rai outta ma mouth ¤ ¤

1 Like

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by coded01: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
Make them no enter South oh... angry

2 Likes

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by Beehshorp(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
Apc don carry their boko boys dy threaten us easterners... See lemme warn u guys we av been silent cos the northern bombings does nat affect us.u guys are indirectly reducing ur numbers hu cares tho..but if u dare us IGBOS we would tell u dat we dont need the U.S or international bodies to find awt wia shekau is..we would hunt u guys one by one nd mk sure we serve ur sponsors punishment d last...Bewarned!!!! #antiprogresscongress..AaayFeeCee

25 Likes

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by Olucheye(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
This is why The National Grazing Lands Idea is dead on Arrival To me.

Send All Those Fulani Men back to their lands. I'm Sure Hell-Rufai can afford to import their cow meals or start growing weeds for them in his backyard.

But having them in the South (West & East) Is a NO NO!!!
If they like make dem turn Norther Nigeria to Iraq it's not my biz....But if them don reach Bacita Kwara state, Kogi State and other major passageways for them down south, they should all be stripped searched to their pants.

8 Likes

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by saasala(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Slowly the bokos are finding their way to the south. And there is an update on the soldiers along Ikorodu road, they have started setting BRT buses on fire. Read it here + photos: http://www..com/photos-soldiers-set-brt-buses-on-fire-on-ikorodu-road/

1 Like

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by ednut1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
made in aba, now we will soon discover that diff pple have been bombing and we are made to believe its boko, Shekau also comes to nairaland, see news den later go and claim glory, this shit cray. 'paraliptic conspiracy in a disastrous and pestilential aqua@
'

2 Likes

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by Joshuadon: 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
EXCEEDING GRACE ••••?
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by Joshuadon: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Joshuadon: EXCEEDING GRACE ••••?

22 Likes

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by kossyablaze(m): 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
Make dey no just carry their rubbish enter Anambra State the light of the nation.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by zeanslim(m): 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
Will this ever end ?
Bombs don't kill people
people kill people...
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by chibuike65: 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
No woo umunnem the won try uS

1 Like

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by ossaisly(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
hausa/fulani moslems faithful should be careful o. dnt joke with the igbos!

1 Like

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by LMAyedun(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
No where is safe again..
We all have to move with caution.

1 Like

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by drizzytee: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
this is prove that dividing this country cannot end bh insurgency.

politicians...all the blood uPple are makin dem to sharin, for all yo selfish interests...

..............oooh
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by mmmustapha(m): 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ramadan kareeem to my Muslim brothers, juma@ kareeem

2 Likes

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by myspnigeria: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
it ain't safe no more. God help us
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by ASOROCKb(m): 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
coded01: Make them no enter South oh... angry
They are already in the South oh.
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by kay2000(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
This whole bomb thing is becoming political and it all gears towards 2015. May God help us.
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by point5: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Apc again ...
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by AJ01(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Make dem try and see...1967 G̲̣̣̣̥o̶̲̥̅̊ Βε̲̣̣̣̥ mustard seed compare to the wan wey G̲̣̣̣̥o̶̲̥̅̊ happen ..boko haram ma foot...biafra for all..

2 Likes

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by chaberry(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ndi ara
Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by igbsam(m): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
Those of you screaming APC this, APC that.........I wonder if there's one single matter of brain in your think skulls....

How is this news related to APC, political bigots.

This is a National Issue and its not about political parties.

Y'all need your heads examined.

Al-shaabad, Isis, Al Quaeda and the rests are terrorizing other countries, and we have our own here called Boko Haram.

Mumu dem be screaming APC, PDP as if that's the next thing to do to tackle this insurgency.

Meanwhile, everyone should be vigilant as these terrorist seems to have spread their tentacles all around Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by nyerem(f): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
I heard by one of my collegue dat bomb was found in fmc umuahia abt 2wks ago.since dat day av not slept with both eyes close.

1 Like

Re: Bombs Found In Abia, Military Cordons Off Area by Hoebinar(m): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Mocks Buhari’s War On Corruption / Photo Of Tambuwal In Makkah, Saudi Arabia / Governors Upset By Excess Crude Account Depletion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.