Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Help! On Building A Forum Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! On Building A Forum Site (1098 Views)

Looking For Nigerian Forum Site / Help Review This Forum Site / How Do I Create A Forum On My Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! On Building A Forum Site by kabarka(m): 9:54am On Jul 04, 2014
hello webmasters,

i will appreciate a kind of guide on how to get a forum site in place.
ofcourse,i need it for my kind of biz.
You can read through my thread "pure water biz(Discuss)",so that you see what we
have done over the years.And possibly see what the features of the site could be.

How is domain name secured?
Is it possible i have my input in deriving the domain name?
How are the site features(button) developed?
Who are the moderators.
Are they full time workers or part time?

what of web hosting?
and the likes.

NB:The forum site is meant to engage people interested in the water biz.

Please he who can,should give me a plan or procedure and if there is anything like proposal
it should be sent to watercruise10@gmail.com

Having said that,i will need another website(for a different kind of biz) not forum but a kind of an information gathering site.
The site performs a simple task.
E.g 1, A buyer make a request of his need,drop his info.
2, A seller submits what he has for sell.
3, The buyer and seller are not to meet.
Re: Help! On Building A Forum Site by aikfrank(m): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2014
what exactlydo you want?

want to hire or a free tutor?
Re: Help! On Building A Forum Site by kabarka(m): 11:36am On Jul 04, 2014
aikfrank: what exactlydo you want?

want to hire or a free tutor?

not Free

hire but with step by step procedure indicating financial implication involved.
This will enable me plan for it.
Re: Help! On Building A Forum Site by egift(m): 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
@Kabarka:
For you 2 websites, here is what is obtainable:

1. The Forum:
You will get a complete Online Discussion Forum developed for you. It will have all the Categories and Sections/States you want it to have. People can register and participate.

2. The Business Site:
A professional business website will be designed for you. With your contacts (with feedback form and Map), business profile, services and products you offer. Also your clients can submit interactive forms to request purchase or product availability forms, etc.

Additionally:
For the two sites, you will get free Domain registration, Web Hosting and support.

Click the link on my signature below to submit your order and enjoy our current Promo offer.
Re: Help! On Building A Forum Site by WebHostingPal: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
kabarka: hello webmasters,

i will appreciate a kind of guide on how to get a forum site in place.
ofcourse,i need it for my kind of biz.
You can read through my thread "pure water biz(Discuss)",so that you see what we
have done over the years.And possibly see what the features of the site could be.

How is domain name secured?
Is it possible i have my input in deriving the domain name?
How are the site features(button) developed?
Who are the moderators.
Are they full time workers or part time?

what of web hosting?
and the likes.

NB:The forum site is meant to engage people interested in the water biz.

Please he who can,should give me a plan or procedure and if there is anything like proposal
it should be sent to watercruise10@gmail.com

Having said that,i will need another website(for a different kind of biz) not forum but a kind of an information gathering site.
The site performs a simple task.
E.g 1, A buyer make a request of his need,drop his info.
2, A seller submits what he has for sell.
3, The buyer and seller are not to meet.

Hi, most popular forum software can be easily installed via your web hosting cpanel, provided you have one.

If not, it's better to purchase a web hosting plan that comes with bundle of ready to install scripts that will help you get started with your projects.

Checkout this video presentation http://vimeo.com/97567879 on our web hosting company.

Hope this helps.
Re: Help! On Building A Forum Site by Sub5(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hi, if its a forum you are looking to create and use for you business, there many softwares out there that will serve this purpose for you, such as NinjaPost , Get Satisfaction , IP.Board (Invision Community Suite) , PHPBB , Advanced Electron Forum , Vanilla ,bbPress ,Phorum , PunBB , UBB.threads , XMB , SMF (Simple Machines Forum) , UseBB , MyBB , vBulletin , YaBB , ASPNetForum .

Some of this software are free, and one of the most popular is the SMF (Simple Machines Forum). you can google each of the above forum name and download them, or Click on List of top forum softwares, to get the download link to each.

To get started with creating you forum, you will need
1. A domain name and a hosting space: you can get that at www.ezyhostng.com

2. Forum software : you can use any of the above listed forum software, note some are free and some are paid.

3.Get the forum software install on you hosted space configured with your domain name.

Thats all, you can follow me on www.allstudentforum.com
Re: Help! On Building A Forum Site by kabarka(m): 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
Thanks guys.
i think these will help for now.
i will be back for the next level after am done with these solutions.
Re: Help! On Building A Forum Site by Chukkieadams: 6:35am On Dec 21, 2020
Hello ,

I have questions about running a water factory in Lagos.
I have an existing pure water section but I am going to start up a bottle water section too, my questions are:

1. For the pure water section, how should drivers be paid sp they do not become lazy and not want to work because that is what I am facing now, and should the drivers be living in the company?

2. For the bottled water section, I got a marketer that wants my water in wholesale and distribute to the North, how should I go about it

3. I just want your view on how a factory should be run

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

How To Setup Custom Domain On Blogger With Godaddy / Best Free And Unlimited Sms Sites You Can Use In This 2015 / Whats Happening To Nairaland Interface Or Is It My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.