Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,388 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

From Job Seeker To Marketing Manager Without A Certificate In One Day - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / From Job Seeker To Marketing Manager Without A Certificate In One Day (729 Views)

Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression / Sign Your Offer Of Appointment Letter...from Job Career Limited / Customer Service Officer And Personal Assistant To Marketing Manager In Ikeja, L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Job Seeker To Marketing Manager Without A Certificate In One Day by jdilight(m): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2014
Am repeating a story a cousin of mine told me.

He told me when things were rough with him; no job, no money, nothing to rely on. He was always at home doing nothing. One day he heard his pastor say. God doesn't bless people, He blesses the works of their hands. He decided that day to get his hand constructively engaged, but he had an obstacle: no certificate. In the morning presiding the day he made this decision, it came to his mind that serving a house builder is a job and will put 1000 Naira into his pocket before he retires to bed. So he went out and got himself engaged as a masonry servant, at the end of that day he was given 1000 Naira. This was 5 years ago.

The next day he went out again to work there but he said as he was working something told him to go outside the gate, he tried resisting it. The impression was so much that he had to go out and as he stepped out he saw a friend of his who asked him what he was doing dressed the way he was dressed, he informed him what he was doing. The friend in turn informed him about a job in a biscuit company but told him he was going to pick up a recommendation from someone before going. My cousin asked him why he was trekking, he replied he had no money on him. My cousin asked him to wait for him to change so both of them will go together and pledge to assist with transport fare which is from yesterday pay.

When they got to the place, the whole place was filled with job seekers with files but this young man had nothing on him. When they were asking to submit there application letters, this young man borrowed a pencil and wrote one at the venue and submitted. On seeing his application letter the manager asked, "who is the person that wrote his application with a pencil". The crowd of job seekers resounded with laughter as the young man raised his hands. The manager continued, "are you so poor that you can not buy a common pen?", he replied, no sir I heard about this job less than 1hr ago so I couldn't prepare a good application as I am coming directly from a personal development center. The manager asked his workers to show him his office and echoed, "this is the kind of people we are looking for".

........ to be continued.
Re: From Job Seeker To Marketing Manager Without A Certificate In One Day by jdilight(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
The young man was ushered into a very neat and spacious office, during lunch he was offered a delicious meal. According to him, that meal was the best meal the was having inn many months. To the glory of God he has taken that day meal. At the close of the day he was told the manager want to see him. He came out of the office, behold everywhere was road. He didn't know which route to take. Unaware to him, the manager was watching him from his office. The manager sent someone to direct him. When he came up, the manager asked him if he had done any marketing job before? He replied no. He ask him to resume work tomorrow that someone will take him to the field.

He told me he was the first person to come to work and the gate was locked. He started hitting the gate, so they can open for him. The gateman came out and asked him what was the problem. He said he was confused and had to asked if the was no work today? The gateman burst out with laughter, after laughing he told him to calm down and continue are you the only one going to work here. By then others have started arriving and they also added, "leave am jor, over sabi dey worry am". The guy said, he was not interested in what they were saying but in proving he has some thing to offer. As of this time no one has talked about salary or any form of payment. But what kept him pushing on was that, "no matter how bad the pay will be, it must be better that his last payment when equated with the quality of job he will put in".

He was assigned to someone and a driver to go and market the biscuit. Within three hours there were through selling a lorry load of biscuit. He said, while the other guy an undergraduate then was carry one or two cartoons of biscuit, he was carrying four to five cartoons. The driver and his partner decline returning to office saying it is too early to return to office. To keep him engage to something, they took him out and bought him food and drinks. Despite the time they wasted, they still returned first and with all goods sold off. The management was so surprise that the asked his partner what happened. He say na God. This continued till for a few days till his partner returned to school. He went along with the driver and in less than three hours they were back. When the manager looked out of his window and saw their lorry, he asked while the young man did not go to the field today. They told him he has finished and has return. The manager said its impossible. He asked about the money from the goods, he was told every amount has been remitted. He asked, "who did the young man went with", they said he went alone.

He repeated the same result the next day and the third day he was sent to a part of Lagos where the company biscuit has never sold up to 10 cartoons. He told me when he landed there, he knew he was in a barren land. No shop, nothing. He told the driver to pack and when on a survey. After his survey, he went to a woman who has a little kiosk and told her what he was marketing. The woman ordered for 2 cartoon. He asked the woman how much she makes here. She was both surprised and embarrassed. He told her, he want to make her rich. The woman then sat up and asked how. He told the woman to follow him. The woman and himself took 20 cartoons of the biscuit to one of the schools there. He opened it and within a few minute he sold the entire 20 cartoons. He then told the woman to take over. In less than five hours there were back at the office with an order of 250 cartoons from the woman for tomorrow.

The management of the company was so shocked that they offered him a position to teach others his marketing strategy. When others return and saw he has received a new assignment, they were so shocked that one of them a graduate will always come to this window and be singing, "me I no send you o". One of those days the manager came to his office to discuss some thing with him and hear the young woman singing her song and gave her a sack letter immediately. The manager asked him why he had not reported the girl to him since, he replied,"he is not aware of someone was there".

After a few months, he resigned to start out on his own. When he tender his resignation letter, the manager asked him if there was any problem. He said no, but was starting of on his own now. He man asked him to always come around if he has a problem.

This is the kind of people that every employer is looking out for. With or without certificate, they head their team. Till I heard this story, I never believe this kind of thing do happen in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Customer Service Representative Job At GE Oil And Gas / SSCE & OND Graduate Vacancies At Sence Nigeria / Customer Service Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.