Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (34145 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by olushowunm(m): 7:35am On Jul 11, 2014
doctorisa: before i continue lets enlighten our self about various type of cassava species we have so we can know the best and time of harvest,most cassava harvest are due for harvest between 6-14months TME 419 and TME 0326 are widely grown in western nigeria and are known to contain large percentage of starch and its average yield per hectare is 25-40 tons per acre, also very common is TME 7 also known as oko iyawo....for those interested in supplying cassava to starch companies this are the best specie to plant TME 419, TMS 97/0162 and TMS 98/0505...lets share address of starch company that buy cassava if you have such..
@OP... I don't want to comment but i have to because some people will start making budget on your figures.. First no variety can achieve 25tons/acre maybe per hectare. Then if you are able to even achieves it on hectare basis, you budget with worst-case scenarios and not best case scenarios...

*** I already added you on BBM***
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2014
olushowunm:
@OP... I don't want to comment but i have to because some people will start making budget on your figures.. First no variety can achieve 25tons/acre maybe per hectare. Then if you are able to even achieves it on hectare basis, you budget with worst-case scenarios and not best case scenarios...

wow what a big mistake am sorry i mean per hectare thanks for the correction
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 11, 2014
olushowunm:

thanks once again i have correct it
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by tundenojim: 8:14am On Jul 11, 2014
If you need advise and purchase of good cassava processing equipment of food agencies requirement contact me via alayanmetal@yahoo.com or tundenojim@yahoo.com our fabrication team 'Alayanmetal' has helped lot of agroprocessors in several states which you might be in one to witness our designs function,workablilty (equipments) and sincere services.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2014
tundenojim: If you need advise and purchase of good cassava processing equipment of food agencies requirement contact me via alayanmetal@yahoo.com or tundenojim@yahoo.com our fabrication team 'Alayanmetal' has helped lot of agroprocessors in several states which you might be in one to witness our designs function,workablilty (equipments) and sincere services.
give me your phone no and where is your company location,i might have to visit you...by the way can you fabricated a cassava peeling machine and whats the price
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 11, 2014
tundenojim: If you need advise and purchase of good cassava processing equipment of food agencies requirement contact me via alayanmetal@yahoo.com or tundenojim@yahoo.com our fabrication team 'Alayanmetal' has helped lot of agroprocessors in several states which you might be in one to witness our designs function,workablilty (equipments) and sincere services.

do you also fabricate palm oil processing equipment,do you have a website and can you show us pix
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Facosco(m): 10:05am On Jul 11, 2014
Hello forumite I av a 10 acre of cassavation plantation that I want to sell it has bn planted for the past one month but I don't want to continue with it due to some reasons the location of the farm iis iwo osun state if you are interested u can contact me on 08076151497
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2014
doctorisa: thank you mr slidewaxie can you give us the contact of mr peter of cassava department ,incase we have someone here interested in buying the stems, I also have Tme419 stems in abundant here in ogbomoso
wow, I wish I cld but I can't because its a personal line which he warned not to give out.
Nevertheless, his name is mr. Peter .O. Iluebey. Workers are not allowed to gibe out their personal numbers but u can contqvt them thru iita.organd u'll be directed to him via mail.
U can contact him directly at p.iluebbey@cgiar.org

Or go directly to iita. Though seeing him directly will be quite hard.

I hope that helps
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by helsinkiman(m): 10:21am On Jul 11, 2014
Hello everyone, thanks for your educative posts. Please I am contemplating to acquire 2 acres of land for future purposes. However, in order not to allow the land fallow and also to be able to secure the land, I am contemplating to plant either plantain tree or cassava on it. Please which is more beneficial. Thanks
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 11, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: wow, I wish I cld but I can't because its a personal line which he warned not to give out.
Nevertheless, his name is mr. Peter .O. Iluebey. Workers are not allowed to gibe out their personal numbers but u can contqvt them thru iita.organd u'll be directed to him via mail.
U can contact him directly at p.iluebbey@cgiar.org

Or go directly to iita. Though seeing him directly will be quite hard.

I hope that helps
thanks sir it help
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 11, 2014
helsinkiman: Hello everyone, thanks for your educative posts. Please I am contemplating to acquire 2 acres of land for future purposes. However, in order not to allow the land fallow and also to be able to secure the land, I am contemplating to plant either plantain tree or cassava on it. Please which is more beneficial. Thanks
its better to plant cassava. Plantain will eat up the land. And discourage future development..

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by helsinkiman(m): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2014
Please, what do you mean by future development as I am not contemplating to use it for agric business in the future.

[quote author=doctorisa]its better to plant cassava. Plantain will eat up the land. And discourage future development..
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 11, 2014
doctorisa: its better to plant cassava. Plantain will eat up the land. And discourage future development..

how do you mean?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2014
doctorisa: TME is an IITA genebank number..you can get the stem in IITA or any agric institute closer to you
TME is Tropical Manihot Esculenta, That is specific and Generic name for the Cassava Family. Not as Genebank number of iita improved varieties as smentioned By Dr isa..
A lot people on this thread do not know what Cassava Production is all about, Not just get the write up anywhere and try to relay as if one has tried it. I am not condemning everybody contribution but lets just be factual, truthful and sincere.
I want people to be sincere 100% about any information are sharing on this forum.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2014
doctorisa: its better to plant cassava. Plantain will eat up the land. And discourage future development..
Plantain and cassava are two different plants that there agronomic practices are entirely different.
Plantain is perennial while cassava is annual crop. One can plant them together if the land is yours. Plantain will be on the farm until Jesus comes while you can be harvesting your cassava from the same farm year in year out.
The spacing of your plantain will determine how you are going to plant your cassava, they will normally not discourage and disturb their mixed cropping .

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by sunzie(m): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
This is a great thread...please does any one has information on land leasing in Edo state?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by yemmyurban(m): 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
This is beautiful place to be.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
soladel:
Plantain and cassava are two different plants that there agronomic practices are entirely different.
Plantain is perennial while cassava is annual crop. One can plant them together if the land is yours. Plantain will be on the farm until Jesus comes while you can be harvesting your cassava from the same farm year in year out.
The spacing of your plantain will determine how you are going to plant your cassava, they will normally not discourage and disturb their mixed cropping .
oga sola adeleke I appreciate ur comment
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
What I meanby "future development is that banana will be difficult to remove if you want to develop the land latter for building..but cassava. Can be easily harvest and erased from the land
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
soladel:
TME is Tropical Manihot Esculenta, That is specific and Generic name for the Cassava Family. Not as Genebank number of iita improved varieties as smentioned By Dr isa..
A lot people on this thread do not know what Cassava Production is all about, Not just get the write up anywhere and try to relay as if one has tried it. I am not condemning everybody contribution but lets just be factual, truthful and sincere.
I want people to be sincere 100% about any information are sharing on this forum.
Regards.
fellow nairalanders the person who comment above is a consultant in IITA you can mail him if you have futher question or want to meet him in person adelekesola@
gmail.com ....Sir I hail ooo with merciful respect
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by samuel25(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
How long does it takes these species ( TME
419, TMS 97/0162 and TMS 98/0505) before harvest?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
doctorisa: fellow nairalanders the person who comment above is a consultant in IITA you can mail him if you have futher question or want to meet him in person adelekesola@

are you serious?

pls were is IITA office in the south east
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
samuel25: How long does it takes these species ( TME
419, TMS 97/0162 and TMS 98/0505) before harvest?
Every improved varieties will give you good yield and makes you profit by one year, if anybody tells you lesser than that, let him or her demonstrate it.
Cassava is a crop of One year. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
aguiyi:

are you serious?

pls were is IITA office in the south east
IITA has its headquarter in Ibadan South west, we have research farm plots all around the country, we have one in Onne port harcourt, and some farms are in Ubiaja in Edo states. You can go to IITA.ORG for more information.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
doctorisa: fellow nairalanders the person who comment above is a consultant in IITA you can mail him if you have futher question or want to meet him in person adelekesola@
There Dr Isa, Thanks for the accolades, hopefully i will see you in of this day.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
soladel:
IITA has its headquarter in Ibadan South west, we have research farm plots all around the country, we have one in Onne port harcourt, and some farms are in Ubiaja in Edo states. You can go to IITA.ORG for more information.

please can i have their contact?

i was to buy suckers from them but the distance between Ibadan and Enugu were my farm is discouraged me though i have gotten suckers in ph here but i still need to consult them as i progress.

Are they also in Animal rearing?

thanks
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
soladel:
There Dr Isa, Thanks for the accolades, hopefully i will see you in of this day.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
aguiyi:

please can i have their contact?

i was to buy suckers from them but the distance between Ibadan and Enugu were my farm is discouraged me though i have gotten suckers in ph here but i still need to consult them as i progress.

Are they also in Animal rearing?

thanks
Ok, IITA is not into animal, our mandate based on six crops namely Maize, Cassava, Yam, Cowpea, plantain and Banana, we have another organisation in IITA called Africa Rice, that deals with Rice, also we have another one called ILRI, deals with Animal but not working along with the farmer like IITA do.
On your plantain, i can give you this number, he is our expert,08023268834, his name is Murphy.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by tundenojim: 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
Yes, we can...but currently, we are trying to come up with a model of high efficiency soon which is based on our research. because the tecnology we adopt isn't efficient enough when considering material wastage. My phone number is +2348135501268. Daniel Eyame street, hamadiya, Ijaye, Lagos.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
soladel: Ok, IITA is not into animal, our mandate based on six crops namely Maize, Cassava, Yam, Cowpea, plantain and Banana, we have another organisation in IITA called Africa Rice, that deals with Rice, also we have another one called ILRI, deals with Animal but not working along with the farmer like IITA do.
On your plantain, i can give you this number, he is our expert,08023268834, his name is Murphy.

thanks bro,

i already got his number through IITA office call attendant, i needed something close to my residence and farm.

thanks all the same.

can you share more light on the ILRI
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by tundenojim: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
Yes, we can...but currently, we are trying to come up with a model of high efficiency soon which is based on our research. because the tecnology we adopt isn't efficient enough when considering material wastage. My phone number is 08135501268. Daniel Eyame street, hamadiya, Ijaye, Lagos.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 4:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
soladel:
Every improved varieties will give you good yield and makes you profit by one year, if anybody tells you lesser than that, let him or her demonstrate it.
Cassava is a crop of One year. Shikena!
Thanks for this
Some people visit our farmers in the village with the story of 6 and 9 months. I was not in the farm during their visit. It was difficult to convince the farmers that its not true. Thanks a lot

Do you work on SOYABEANS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Planting Ugu This Month On An Acre Of Land / See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm / ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.