Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men (10593 Views)

13 Questions For Feminists / An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists / Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Too damn obvious! The joke is on you ma'am
Come on! Dnt be so sure. The party aint started yet. This is Nairaland.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Idowuogbo(f): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
cococandy: What goals?
Read the op again.
Or google feminism.
Or read the part of areacode's post that I quoted. Those are the goals. If you've been convinced otherwise discard the former.

There's no need to carry anything for head. The movement if going fine and smooth. You carry something on the head when it can't move by itself.

Or you too follow for those who see feminism as man hating? Is there something you're not telling me smiley
Eeemmm... do you want to hear the truth? U lot on nl do the opposite of the said movement. Y'all twist the real definition of feminism to favour y'all and then go about town crying when the 'rats' rush in to reign on your parade. Abi no b d same family section we dey? iLaugh

3 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Idowuogbo(f): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Come on! Dnt be so sure. The party aint started yet. This is Nairaland.
Noted
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
@ pickabeau.
The histroy of feminism?
Na. I know every bit of what I need to know about it.
From as far back as the 7th-9th AD when women used to conduct secret classes for girls because education was not allowed women
To when the movement began again after the second war for women to be included in the voting laws.
To when the movement was able to achieve the motion for women to own property.
To present day where the basic goals have been achieved in the west but still lacking here in my dear country.
(Which BTW makes women who kick against feminism appear cowardly.)

You can chose selectively what you want to see as the goal or who you want to call the real feminists. But it doesn't change the truth.

2 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
What is the said twisted definition of feminism.
I may not have heard it.
The only twisted definitions I hear come from the opposers who try cheap emotional blackmail to paint the movement back.
Like saying it's man-hating
Or anti christain
Or anti family.
And all the other unfounded stuff that don't even find place in the simple definiton of it.
I've always only known one definition and try to correct any erronuous one I come across.
If you can enlighten me how 'we lot' twist this definition. Maybe I'll get where you're coming from.

Idowuogbo:
Eeemmm... do you want to hear the truth? U lot on nl do the opposite of the said movement. Y'all twist the real definition of feminism to favour y'all and then go about town crying when the 'rats' rush in to reign on your parade. Abi no b d same family section we dey? iLaugh

3 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
Cheap blackmail?

Yet you have your fellow female attacking people in advance psychologically shaming them from not saying anything...

Lol...I laff in sexism

To your post..I said earlier lets agree to disagree..

You call them radicals..

I call you moderates the outsiders..they r d true feminists not you lot with your insipid watered down version... A true feminist never sets store by the Bible n its 'nonsensical' notions of submission, male leadership in the family, order in the church etc
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Idowuogbo(f): 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
cococandy: What is the said twisted definition of feminism.
I may not have heard it.
The only twisted definitions I hear come from the opposers who try cheap emotional blackmail to paint the movement back.
Like saying it's man-hating
Or anti christain
Or anti family.
And all the other unfounded stuff that don't even find place in the simple definiton of it.
I've always only known one definition and try to correct any erronuous one I come across.
If you can enlighten me how 'we lot' twist this definition. Maybe I'll get where you're coming from.

Candycoco, you and I know this thread will cool off in the trash section if we begin to school each other. I'll pass oooo.... let the maneaters do their thaing . smiley
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
All threads eventually end in the trash anyway smiley but not because we tried to school each other.unless you're thinking of coming at it in the wrong way.
Very well then let's agree to disagree.

But you owe me o.incase you've forgotten.
The link to that chocolate flavored cream(or is edible under wear? I can't remember which)
That I was supposed to use wow oga in the bedroom wink wink
I'm still waiting.

Idowuogbo:
Candycoco, you and I know this thread will cool off in the trash section if we begin to school each other. I'll pass oooo.... let the maneaters do their thaing . smiley

1 Like

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2014

I call you moderates the outsiders..they r d true feminists not you lot with your insipid watered down version... A true feminist never sets store by the Bible n its 'nonsensical' notions of submission, male leadership in the family, order in the church etc

And that there pickabeau is classic bullsh1t.
I used to think there was even some modicum of sense to it until I actually read and read and followed the history of feminism. What led to it and what brought about it and it's achievements and it's standing so far.
And just like expected some females are shushed from speaking their mind about how they want to be treated because they don't want to appear untrue to their beliefs.

Well. You know the definition of feminism. Or you can deny that you don't.
If you do.that quoted there is just obvious religious blackmail.those who want to fall can fall for it.

You're talking of male headship. In families or the society at large?
Like I said before. I only read marriage feminism on nairaland because yous look for all possible points to try discredit it.
I've not seen someone in a happy marriage claiming to want liberation.what has it got to do with two soul mates sharing their lives together?

Then when you talk about male headship in the society at large. That's where it comes in. Because as a woman,I won't want to be bossed by a less qualified male just because I'm a woman and assumed to not have leadership qualities.

Watered down? Very funny. You see something that is being radicalized yet call the proponents of the original idea as those holding the 'watered down' definition.
So I guess the new radicals are the ones holding the real and core values.
The ones who started the movement centuries ago,those who have made it possible for women to get to where we are today. The pioneers.
The originals are the watered down ones.

While the everyday over fed rich kids who pick up new silly rights to add to their ideas of feminism are the real feminists.
Smh undecided

3 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 10:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
@ pickabeau.

And BTW I and you never agree on this issue. Why do we still do it?
cheesy
Ok I drop my pen here.
My stand is summarized in the OP.
You keep yours I keep mine.
Goodnight
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by troy20(m): 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
cococandy: The lady is not hiding her identity smiley
aha! I thought as much.so what happend to the other one?
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hurricane nairaland blew it away.
In a way.
troy20:
aha! I thought as much.so what happend to the other one?
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
If you do.that quoted there is just obvious religious blackmail.those who want to fall can fall for it.

this is also classic bullsh1t too... u agreed women can be sexist yet u only blame men..
now u r saying feminism has no place in marriage when destruction of marriage n maleheadship is its objective

ive also told u countlessly... you guys carry an ideology u know little about....

where is fellis, de beauvoir to school u...

enjoy

1 Like

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
You made made marriage it's objective?
Conspiracy theories too badt. grin
Some women sat down and decided other people's marriages were hurting them so they began a campaign to subtly destroy marriages across the globe.
cheesy I can't believe people still say such things much less believe them.

And I guess de beauvior is the founder of feminism.

I'm sorry everyone can't fit into your percieved notion of anti manism and anti marriageism.

You are the chief of those who need schooling in what feminsm stands for.
Even with evidence ranging from 100s of years ago as to it's origin and reason for existence you believe and propagate your personal blackwash of it because deep down you don't believe in equality.
Too bad for you it's here to stay smiley

While we are redefining definitions older than our grandparents,
can we also say the first christains who suffered to pass the gospel under rain and shine are not true christains but the new breed of money driven dupes using the gospel to propagate their personal agendas are the true and core christains?
Makes much sense huh?
I know you know the truth.
You only chose the sides that fit your mindset
But as this dude would say

3 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 05, 2014
What's funny is nairaland is replete with "feminists" who have been bought by their husbands with yams, oranges and "tinned tomato" of less than one dozen. "We are equal, we are equal". You guys need to shut up. Feminists who will tell their boyfriends and husbands to "be a man". Shior. Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 12:57am On Jul 05, 2014
Yeye dey really smell... grin grin

Don't worry about Kermit.. He is doing well

Its clowns that buy in your double standard of preaching marriage equality I pity while u have a sweet union with your hubby

They reach their 40s wondering what went wrong

You don't need to school me

The hypocrisy is there for all to see..
When you women are ready to take responsibility for consequences of your actions..then u will be taken seriously but while you still around waiting for one guy to pay your bills, clean your mess etc bla bla bla.. Its not gonna fly

Lol

4 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 05, 2014
^^ I just find it hard to reconcile reality with all this noise one reads up here. These ones calling themselves feminists is like roadside mechanics referring to themselves as "engineers".
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 1:10am On Jul 05, 2014
^^^I know the feel bro.. grin
She is enjoying her man jejely introducing crisis for other ladies...

Cococandy

Leave all this threads on feministic crap and open a thread on eye candies
At least u get candy for your name..

Did u see the hot dames at the Brazil Colombia game

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: ^^^I know the feel bro.. grin
She is enjoying her man jejely introducing crisis for other ladies...

Cococandy

Leave all this threads on feministic crap and open a thread on eye candies
At least u get candy for your name..

Did u see the hot dames at the Brazil Colombia game
Pickabeau1, you're sexist. How dare you objectify a woman, appreciating her beauty?! Oh, the nerve on you! You're such a misogynist grin
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 1:27am On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: Pickabeau1, you're sexist. How dare you objectify a woman, appreciating her beauty?! Oh, the nerve on you! You're such a misogynist grin

Leave that thing

You see Kim Kardashian dey discuss feminism? or Nicki Minaj or Amber Rose...

I no understand why cococandy no dey give us eye candy

where is onila sef
if u cant live up the moniker... drop the moniker angry angry angry angry

===============================
From the world cup

Colombia dames

brazil
[img]http://2.bp..com/-4LyIjMe4fTQ/Ub3VgVzmoLI/AAAAAAAAAyg/6UHy2cs9yhQ/s1600/brazilian+girls.jpg[/img]

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 2:00am On Jul 05, 2014
Those ladies you mentioned are not my role models.

Cococandy is food.
Coconut candy.
You want pics of it? smiley

Introducing crisis for other ladies meaning that in my posts or any posts relating to feminism you've seen women being advised on how to relate with their husbands?
Like the movement was started because of a need to dictate to women how to treat their men.

Insecurities sha.

4 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 2:03am On Jul 05, 2014
Spoken like someone who's really blind to his surroundings. Actually feminism isn't for you. It is for ladies who are yet to realize their potentials. The messages will go on until it is absorbed. So trouble not your soul.

pickabeau1: Yeye dey really smell... grin grin

Don't worry about Kermit.. He is doing well

Its clowns that buy in your double standard of preaching marriage equality I pity while u have a sweet union with your hubby

They reach their 40s wondering what went wrong

You don't need to school me

The hypocrisy is there for all to see..
When you women are ready to take responsibility for consequences of your actions..then u will be taken seriously but while you still around waiting for one guy to pay your bills, clean your mess etc bla bla bla.. Its not gonna fly

Lol

3 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 2:09am On Jul 05, 2014
Feminist can't tell the man to be a man?
Why? Because feminism means turning into a man? And what happens to womanhood then? I guess feminism preaches to throw it away.

*Rubs my forehead in exasperation.*
The kind of dumbness lipsrsealed
It's always tough to deal with.
Local reasoning.
Because you performed your traditional marriage according to your custom means you've bought your wife.

I see. Good purchase for you.
Anyway you never do have anything worthwhile to say ever. Am I surprised?

3 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 2:10am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: Spoken like someone who's really blind to his surroundings. Actually feminism isn't for you. It is for ladies who are yet to realize their potentials. The messages will go on until it is absorbed. So trouble not your soul.

i could say u are also blind to yours'...
my soul is calm... no worries... dont trouble your soul....

cococandy: Those ladies you mentioned are not my role models.
Cococandy is food.
Coconut candy.
You want pics of it? smiley

we want eye candy...
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 2:13am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: Feminist can't tell the man to be a man?
Why? Because feminism means turning into a man? And what happens to womanhood then? I guess feminism preaches to throw it away.
*Rubs my forehead in exasperation.*
The kind of dumbness lipsrsealed
It's always tough to deal with.
Local reasoning.
Because you performed your traditional marriage according to your custom means you've bought your wife.
I see. Good purchase for you.
Anyway you never do have anything worthwhile to say ever. Am I surprised?

What do you mean by dumbness...
Have u started insulting too like your friend..

It will be dumb of u to tread that path

2 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 2:14am On Jul 05, 2014
That's not for you. He knows himself.
And until he can quote me directly to debate like a 'normal' person,that's what he gets.

Friend? I'm not here to make friends smiley
pickabeau1: What do you mean by dumbness...
Have u started insulting too like your friend..

It will be dumb of u to tread that path
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 2:16am On Jul 05, 2014
Goodnight sleep tight.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 2:19am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: That's not for you. He knows himself.
And until he can quote me directly to debate like a 'normal' person,that's what he gets.

Friend? I'm not here to make friends smiley

Ok... try and be more specific...

Friends..? i know u opened this thread in true spirit of discourse but your friend derailed it

Anyhow... give us some pics of some naija beauties

My eyes are full of Latino beauties from the world cup

Did u see Amber Rose recently...now thats a babe... u dont see this one calling feminism
simple beauty

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 2:23am On Jul 05, 2014
Abeg go and sleep o. I'm so drowsy don't be surprised to see a few typos in there smiley

BTW
Nigerian beauties full your house. From momma to sisters. Feast your eyes on them.

Feminism and beauty. Is there a relationship?

pickabeau1:

Ok... try and be more specific...

Friends..? i know u opened this thread in true spirit of discourse but your friend derailed it

Anyhow... give us some pics of some naija beauties

My eyes are full of Latino beauties from the world cup

Did u see Amber Rose recently...now thats a babe... u dont see this one calling feminism
simple beauty

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 2:39am On Jul 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin

few beauties engage in such isms.. grin grin
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 2:43am On Jul 05, 2014
Another pulled out of the air theory

I am beautiful. Now that I support it I guess that makes me ugly.
Ok if you say so.

1 Like

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: grin grin grin grin

few beauties engage in such isms.. grin grin

Lol @ you pickabeau grin

I didn't know this about you. What's up?

The women you listed...are they role models for women? I would single out Kim K as the best among them, and that says a lot! Amber Rose is someone's baby momma, for Pete's sake.

Your above statement is a myth btw. An interesting correlation, but also extremely false. Come to America: plenty of feminists of all races, creeds and ethnicities. Ugly? Hardly! There should be more feminists across Africa. I firmly believe it would be a better place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Parents Are Always Quarelling And Fighting What Do I Do? / Please Help Me, What Do I Do To An Ungrateful Wife? / How Can I Know Im Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.