Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today (4089 Views)

(abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above / Photos Of Norwegian Prison Where Inmates Live Like Kings / Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by Inxyz: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
Class 101 is dedicated to all Naija and prospective naija student who wished to learn norwegian.

This is an idea from Starflux, an active member of Norway forum and its my pleasure to create this thread.

Let's go...

Very soon I will share videos and audios that we make us learn faster.

Ok na... Word of today

Norwegian: hvit
English: white

Norwegian: svert og hvit ku

English: black and white cow.

Your contributions are welcomed to make this forum better.

Subsequently, I explain how they are pronounced.

Thank you and welcome everyone.

For starters: Learn the alphabet.
A B C D E
F G H I J
K L M N O
P Q R S T
U V W X Y
Z Æ Ø Å

1 Like

Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by StarFlux: 1:26am On Jul 06, 2014
Perfect! Will be posting from tomorrow in this thread actively. For starters, add the alphabet to the top post:

A B C D E
F G H I J
K L M N O
P Q R S T
U V W X Y
Z Æ Ø Å

2 Likes

Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by StarFlux: 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJRnvxPMuA8&index=2&list=PLVmwQqYSq4rmHls_3e3RNtwiWswYyIC9b

Fact of the day: Norwegian is actually a tonal language similar to many Nigerian languages such as Edo and Yoruba (though it is not as reliant on these tones to make yourself clear as these other two languages). However, tonal markings are absent in writing. You already have an advantage if you speak your native tongue.
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by Fulaman198(m): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
StarFlux:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJRnvxPMuA8&index=2&list=PLVmwQqYSq4rmHls_3e3RNtwiWswYyIC9b

Fact of the day: Norwegian is actually a tonal language similar to many other Nigerian languages such as Edo and Yoruba (though it is not as reliant on these tones to make yourself clear as these other two languages). However, tonal markings are absent in writing. You're already have an advantage if you speak your native tongue.

::Facepalm::

Norweigian is a nordic language, much like Danish and Swedish. It was one of the vast languages spoken in the Viking lands in the olden days.

1 Like

Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by StarFlux: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
Fulaman198:

Norweigian is a nordic language, much like Danish and Swedish. It was one of the vast languages spoken in the Viking lands in the olden days.
Typo ^^

Appreciate the correction, but apart from the "other" part, hence referring to related languages by mistake, it is correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
StarFlux: Typo ^^

Appreciate the correction, but apart from the "other" part, hence referring to related languages by mistake, it is correct.

Sorry did not mean to come off as arrogant if I did.

1 Like

Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by Inxyz: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
Fulaman198:
StarFlux:
Fact of the day: Norwegian is actually a tonal language similar to many Nigerian languages such as Edo and Yoruba (though it is not as reliant on these tones to make yourself clear as these other two languages). However, tonal markings are absent in writing. You already have an advantage if you speak your native tongue.

Thanks very much.
Lets keep it rolling.
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by Fulaman198(m): 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
StarFlux: Not a problem Fulaman, glad to have people like you around!

Thank you my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by Ozat: 2:09am On Jul 13, 2014
@ starflux.. Pls I wanna enquire on studying in norway...am a graduate waitin for NYSC nd will like to go to norway 4 ma masters and some other things..pls mail me...akinzereal@gmail.com... Tnx in anticipation
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by Inxyz: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ozat: @ starflux.. Pls I wanna enquire on studying in norway...am a graduate waitin for NYSC nd will like to go to norway 4 ma masters and some other things..pls mail me...akinzereal@gmail.com... Tnx in anticipation

Ozat I welcome you to this forum...

You will find answers to your inquires here: www.nairaland.com/260142/nigerians-oslo-norway/16
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by rafcrown(m): 1:42am On Jul 15, 2014
What are the various ways of learning the language before coming to Norway?I understand Swedish litle bit.
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by StarFlux: 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2014
Please keep this thread clean. There's already another thread for study inquiries, this is for learning the language. (Any chance you could unlock my post above Fulaman198 ?)

rafcrown: What are the various ways of learning the language before coming to Norway?I understand Swedish litle bit.
Online resources are probably your best bet. If you have a big dataplan you can watch Youtube videos for more effective learning, if not I suggest following this thread and utilizing other sources such as NTNU's course: http://www.ntnu.edu/now/intro

@ Ozat. I sent you an e-mail yesterday.
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by Fulaman198(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
StarFlux: Please keep this thread clean. There's already another thread for study inquiries, this is for learning the language. (Any chance you could unlock my post above Fulaman198 ?)

Online resources are probably your best bet. If you have a big dataplan you can watch Youtube videos for more effective learning, if not I suggest following this thread and utilizing other sources such as NTNU's course: http://www.ntnu.edu/now/intro

@ Ozat. I sent you an e-mail yesterday.

Lol this is the general section not culture section my friend. Sadly I can not display your post because I don't moderate this section.
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by fame12k(m): 11:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
Am in for this please, is there anyway to get people to talk to with dis new acquired language than just reading it?
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by StarFlux: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
fame12k: Am in for this please, is there anyway to get people to talk to with dis new acquired language than just reading it?
I suppose if someone would be willing to provide support on Skype.
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by StarFlux: 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
Special characters (særbokstaver):

Æ/æ - similar to a in "ash".
Ø/ø - similar to u in "hunter".
Å/å - similar to a in "jaw".

General greetings:

Hi/hello - hei/hallo

Welcome - velkommen

Good morning - god morgen

Good evening - god kveld

How are you? - går det bra/hvordan har du det?

Bye - ha det

See you later/talk to you later - ser deg senere/snakkes senere
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by StarFlux: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
Subjective personal pronouns:

Jeg = I
Du = You
Han = He
Hun = She
Vi = We
Dere = You (plural)
De = They

Objective personal pronouns:

Meg = Me
Deg = You
Ham = Him
Henne = Her
Oss = Us
Dere = You (plural)
Dem = Them
Den = It (masculine/feminine)
Det = It (neutral)

Possessive pronouns (eiendomspronomen) according to gender:

Feminine/Masculine/Neutral/Plural

Mi/Min/Mitt/Mine = Mine
Di/Din/Ditt/Dine = Yours
Hans/Hans/Hans/Hans = His
Hennes/Hennes/Hennes/Hennes = Hers
Vår/Vår/Vårt/Våre = Ours
Deres/Deres/Deres/Deres = Yours (plural)
Deres/Deres/Deres/Deres = Theirs
Dens = Its (masculine/feminine)
Dets = Its (neutral)

Word of the day: Bil (car).
Sentence of the day: I dag var det kaldt (it was cold today).

1 Like

Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by StarFlux: 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2014
Nouns (substantiv)

Nouns in Norwegian are conjugated into four basic forms. Definite singular, definite plural, indefinite singular and indefinite plural. In addition, Norwegian also employs genders (neuter, masculine and feminine), these forms also needs to be in agreement with their respective artricles. There's also quite a few exceptions to the conjugation pattern.

Masculine
En gutt - a boy
Gutten - the boy
Gutter - boys
Guttene - the boys

Feminine
Ei jente - a girl
Jenta - the girl
Jenter - girls
Jentene - the girls

Neuter
Et dyr - an animal
Dyret - the animal
Dyr- animals
Dyrene - the animals

1 Like

Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by Easternheart: 3:42am On Sep 19, 2020
Is this group still active?
Re: Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today by StarFlux: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2021
Easternheart:
Is this group still active?
Sure! If there is interest.

(1) (Reply)

Hemingways Safari / For All Those Who Want To Travel To America, You Better Shine Your Eye. / Ember Months: LASWA Issues Safety Caution To Ferry Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.