Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Bro Paul-- A Short Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bro Paul-- A Short Story (7868 Views)

Shocked! My Cousin Bro Died Of Motor Accident But His Spirit Is Disturbing / Paul A Liar? / Paul, A Confused Man, Very Illogical... (2) (3) (4)

Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hi readers, I just finished writing a script on an interesting christian story and I thought the best section to post it is on religion section. Pls bear with my grammatical errors and blunders. Thanks for reading....
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Paul was born into a family of three. His father is a corporate worker who sets out as early as 5am in the morning only to return home at 10pm and above. His mother was a business woman who sells provisions in wholesale and retails. She also closed as late as 10pm. Paul has two junior sisters who were in KG 2 and primary 4 respectively while he was in SS2.
Due to lack of parental monitoring, paul had mingled with the bad guys in his neighbourhood. Every evening after school, he would go to the neighbourhood to play, the bad guys would send him to buy cigarettes and alcoholic drinks. Atimes, he would be sent to call a pretty lady passing by.
At ss3, paul had started smoking indian hemp, his parent tried so many times to correct him but he had turned to a dry fish difficult to bend. Paul had became notorious in the neighbourhood causing trouble and atrocities. He wrote his first jamb after ss3 at 18 but he failed. he made another 3 attempts at the next 3 consecutive years and still failed. he was frustrated with his failure and yet, he wouldn't give up on his bad attitude,.
He was at home one day watching a programme on the TV station and after the program, a religious program came up. Paul was captivated by the preacher and followed the preaching from bumper to bumper. It got to a point, the preacher made mention that "you should make a difficult vow with God and be serious with it. It should be something that will cost you pain . And tell God that if you can do this particular thing for me, this is what I will give you/ do for you.".. Paul got the message and decided to give it a trial. He promised God to be born again and served him with the whole of his live on campus and beyond if God could give him an admission the following year. As luck would have it, paul gained admission to study micro-biology the following year. At the beginning of his year one. He was finding it difficult to born again due to the high number of pretty chicks who are freshers on campus. They are indeed tempting and seductive. The way this girls packaged their assets could make a G.O commit "side-game".

To be continued...........................

Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by iamsegsy(m): 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
following.... smiley smiley
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by msporche(f): 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ride on
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by Hawlahscho(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2014
Onihaxy, you're inside church here again!!! no wonder we didn't see you in d club again.... Abeg make time table joo. one must not disturbed d other o....

wink thumb up oga

Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by tunery004(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2014
Ride on bro...following with great alacrity
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hawlahscho: Onihaxy, you're inside church here again!!! no wonder we didn't see you in d club again.... Abeg make time table joo. one must not disturbed d other o....

wink thumb up oga

Yes bro. I go show up for club dis nite,
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
At first semester, paul enjoyed life, bleeped 3 freshers and clubbed forgetting that he made a promise to God. Towards the end of first semester, he had a dream seeing an old man in white gown reminding him of the promises he made before he got his admission. He woke up and began to cry, he cried and realized he didn't fulfilled his promises. The following week, he joined a fellowship of one of his numerous girlfriends.
At the beginning of second semester, paul had beacame a changed person. He doesn't flirt and clubs again. He joined bible study and Prayer units. He was so fervent in the service that he doesn't miss any of the weekly programs and activities, you would always see paul at every campus religious gatherings and events. At 200level, he was made the bible study secretary of his fellowship. He was so diligent in the stewardship that he was made the president of his Fellowship at 300level. All through this periods, paul was binding and casting out demons and doing special miraculous works. The entire campus could feel it that there was someone named paul.
He graduated from school and went for his NYSC and was posted to a public secondary school in calabar, that was where trouble started.........................

Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by Sebastine92(m): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2014
Which problem, abeg complete d story

Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by iamsegsy(m): 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hmmmmm..... cry
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by Talk2Deji(m): 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
If its a music! Will say let the music play on. But this is a story, let the story continue.
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by tunery004(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
Guy cum finish dis story na since last month
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
Bro paul got to NYSC. He was posted to a public secondary school. he tried to keep and maintain his religious standard at all cost but temptation started befalling him. Many of the students will walk pass him flaunting their "ukwus' and "bobby". He was trying all his best to resist the sexual urges and temptations with the power of the holy-spirit in him and it worked. Three months after his commencement in the school, another female corper named eunice was posted to the school. Eunice was 29years old, a very beautiful and elegant lady. She is naturally pretty and endowed. Eunice was a rough girl who had flexed and enjoyed her life as a runs girl while on campus and had the determination of hooking a God fearing guy during service. Weeks after eunice commencement of her service to her fatherland at the same PPA with bro paul, they became friends. Eunice studied paul and noticed he was a God fearing man, without wasting time, she began to form holy just to gain the attention of paul, she would sing gospel song, read xtian books, she stopped using jewellery and makes sure she wore moderate cloths. Bro paul was carried away by the looks and display of Christianity, he was happy that he met a dedicated xtian like him and didn't bother to involve God into it, he followed his mind and asked eunice out. Without wasting much time, eunice gave a YES answer after 2 weeks and that started dating.
As times goes on, eunice couldn't hold on to abstinence has she began to desire for sex in the relationship. He tried so many means to seduce bro paul but he kept resisting. After long weeks of resistance, bro paul finally fell for it and they have sex after 4months of the relationship.

Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by tunery004(m): 11:26am On Jul 17, 2014
Pastor Onihaxy...pls cum and finish bro Paul story abeg......ur delay tactics don make plenty of ur followers lose interest for d story...but me na james bond....I dey follow u till .........
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by iamsegsy(m): 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
continue now angry
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by crusader01(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
Remember you are in religion section,no foul language.
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ok sir
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ok sir
crusader01: Remember you are in religion section,no foul language.
Ok sir
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
..................Continues.
Bro paul started drowning spiritually into the ocean of eunice's touch. Every moment, bro paul would go on his kneels and cry to God for forgiveness, only to fell back on eunice laps weeks later. His prayer and devotion life began to reduce drastically to the extent that he doesn't read bible again frequently like before. (That is the power of woman I must say, behind the downfall of most spiritual leaders are woman of easy virtue who knows how to manipulate them to get what they wanted).
Paul began to struggle with his spiritual life. He began told hear strange voices and found it difficult to identify the voice of the holy spirit from that of the devil, one voice will say "paul! Paul! Paul!!!, leave that woman alone, she is going to destroy you!!!. Then another one will say, paul! Paul! Paul!!!, he who finds a wife has found a good thing and obtains favour from ME. Do not loose her because she will make a good wife with her cool and nice attitude!!". He loved eunice so much because eunice seems to posses everything he wanted in a woman, the sexual intercourse is just the problem with this two lover birds. At one moment, they will pray and cry to God not to indulge in immorality again. At another moment, they are both back to the bed. "This must be the devil's trick" bro paul thought. He decided to take a great risk that involved his life. After so many failed attempt to flee immorality, he called eunice into his room one evening, he went on his kneels and told eunice to do the same. He told her about his decision to finally quit sex until marriage, though eunice wasn't feeling comfortable with the decision, she enjoys sex but she isn't ready to loose paul simply because paul is a God fearing man who loves God and also cared for her, eunice believed that she can't be maltreated by paul and believed paul will always be there to help in times of prayers and sacrifices. She pretended to be cool with the "no more sex" decision with the mindset that paul would still fall back on her laps.
Paul held her hands, they both closed their eyes and paul started praying and crying for forgiveness. After 15 minutes into the prayer, bro paul made a strong vow to God on behalf of the lover birds and he said, "oh lord, any day WE decided to engage in sexual again, may WE be strike with leprosy and epilepsy instantly!! AMEN". Eunice was shocked to the extent that her heart almost burst out of her chest, she removed her hands and stood up, she refused to say Amen to it and she frowned her face and telling paul how she felt bad because she wasn't consulted before making the leprosy vow. Paul walked to her, held her and comfort her, he made her to see reasons for his vows and promised to be there for her in everything. He made her realised that the delay in sex will hasten his urges for it and will help to fast track his marriage preparations. Eunice thought for a while, she enjoyed love making but she never wanted to loose paul due to his God fearing and cool headed attitude. She agreed with paul and they both resumed to continue the prayers......................
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Weeks after weeks, months flies, they were struggling with their sexual urges anytime they are together. They would engaged in kissing and romance, but when the got to love making mood. Something will strike bro paul's heart like thunder and reminding him of his pledge and vows, and the urges would die down immediately. When paul realises that he was only punishing himself with the romance of a thing. He decided to put and end to every romance and kisses. He decided to remain on holy hugs until they are married. Gradually, paul was getting back to his spiritual stand. He now prays regularly and also studies his bible. Eunice wasn't getting comfortable with paul again, she isn't getting the pleasure and emotional attention she always wished for, but she had no choice than to wait and be patient since she isn't ready to loose paul.
3months to the end of NYSC, eunice impatient grows into maturity and she decided to seek comfort in the arms of valentine who happens to be one of her toasters who eventually became her friend. They began to get intimate within the twinkle of an eye, eunice began to find valentine interesting and lively because he would always discuss and say dirty things she wanted to hear, with time, she reduced her visitation to paul and increased her visitation to valentine, since paul was more concerned about spiritual growth and less about emotions and romance, eunice's attention of hanging out was now on val. "I will keep paul for marriage and keep val for friendship" eunice said to herself.
2months to the end of NYSC, eunice and valentine began to have romance, but each time they were about to move on to love making, eunice was always scared of the vow she and paul made together, and she would always cry and resist. She always wanted to have fun but she wasn't ready to suffer leprosy and epilepsy. After several resistances, val decided to get what he wanted in a hard way. He drugged eunice's drink and eunice became weak and went unconscious. Valentine had his way and made love to eunice. When eunice became concious, she realised what valentine had done to her and she began to cry. Valentine tried to comfort her but he got a slap in return as eunice walked out in tears.....
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by oluwashedy: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
Onihaxy, i can't believe u could start up a wonderful thread lyk dis wifawt informing me

Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by chrisviral(m): 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
And?
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
oluwashedy: Onihaxy, i can't believe u could start up a wonderful thread lyk dis wifawt informing me

No vex bro. It wasn't on sexuality section, that's why it didn't get enough publicity
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by oluwashedy: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
onihaxy:

No vex bro. It wasn't on sexuality section, that's why it didn't get enough publicity
Apologies accepted
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by PastorAji(m): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
WALKS INTO THE THREAD........

WOW....
GOOD NEWS.... ALL MY CHURCH MEMBERS I RESERVE THE GALLERY FOR YOU.

(SEATING AT THE PASTOR'S SEAT)

ME WEY BE THE SENIOR PASTOR FOR NPA AND NSA.........................

BISHOP ONIHAXY...MORE SUBSCRIPTION TO YOUR BB
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
Eunice got back to her room, closed up the door and began to cry, she would check her skin over and over again every minutes hoping to see leprosy on her spotless skin, she switched of her phone and neither paul nor valentine was able to reach her, after hours of crying, she thought of it that it would be better for her to go to paul and confess her sins maybe paul would be able to pray to God on her behalf.
The next day in school, Eunice was sad and scared of relating her sins to paul. Paul also was wondering what could have went wrong with eunice because the sad look was obvious on her face. After closing for the day, Eunice followed paul to his apartment. On getting inside, eunice began to cry, paul was worried about what could have happened. He pulled eunice closer and said "whatever it is, please stop crying and tell me about it please. Eunice minimised her crying after several pleas and cuddling. She took the boldness to start a conversation. "Paul, you see, ehhhhmm, I don't know how to say it, ehhhhm" eunice was stammering. "Pls just say it in any way you can please" paul whispered silently.
" Ehm paul. I know it is not morally and religiously right to say this, you know, we are humans, though I am religious but not up to your level, you know..........." Eunice was beating around the bush.
"Eunice, please just hit the nail at the head"
Paul said.
" Ehm paul, atimes, I used to have this feelings of kissing you, holding you tight, feeling your heartbeat, laying my head on your chest but..............................." Eunice began to cry again. Paul pulled her closer, wiped her tears and looked into her eyes. "Eunice my love, don't speak further, I knew what you wanted to say, I just don't want to jump at it. "Really, eunice was nervous, thinking that holy spirit had revealed to paul about her lovemaking with val.......", paul replied " yes dear, I understand how you feel, I felt your pain. The truth is that the pain is mutual, I'm not also comfortable here. Doing all these things you said isn't a problem to me. But my main problem is that it would give me sexual arousal and urges which will make us thirsty to have sex. And you still remembered the vow?". Eunice nodded.
"So eunice, I just felt it would be better not to perceive the aroma of the food we can't eat. I told God to strike us with leprosy and epilepsy any moment we have sexual intercourse, and I'm not ready to face God's wrath". Eunice's heart beats faster on hearing about the vows again, she became restless and asked "you mean when YOU and I having sex?" Paul replied "Yes". She asked again, you mean "YOU and I?", paul replied again "YES, is there any problem"?. "NO" said eunice.
She hugged paul and felt relieved inside of her with the thoughts that since it wasn't between paul and her, she was save. Paul also cuddled her and promised to be romantic in a moderate way that won't raise any sexual urge.
Eunice returned home with relieve in her heart. She switched on her phone and saw 15 apology texts from valentine. 3 days later, she forgave val and they resumed their intimate friendship, val was surprised that eunice no longer resist him again whenever its time to make love...............................

Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by PastorAji(m): 10:52am On Aug 06, 2014
chei....................

[size=22pt]CHIZOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[/size]

Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by Hurklan(m): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lobatan
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by Achieverbb(m): 8:36am On Aug 07, 2014
Onihaxy my guy......following you like a ghost from "Romance CUM Sexuality" and here again we r on Religion Section, good work bro more ink to your pen....Ride On
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
@Op, are you really sure that this your story is supposed to be under nairaland's religious section? I tried to read your story but couldn't bear some of the word's used. I'l suggest you go straight to your point and give us the morals of the story. Thanks.
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by pickabeau1: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
PastorAji: chei....................

[size=22pt]CHIZOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[/size]
Re: Bro Paul-- A Short Story by onihaxy: 9:54am On Aug 08, 2014
Paul wanted to fulfil righteousness and be holy to God, his girlfriend he loved so much was out there feeling lonely and bored. Paul was confused on how to balance his spiritual life with his emotional life. He wish he could make eunice happy but he doesn't know how to go about it. He was already back to his spiritual stand with God. He wish he could make eunice spiritually fit like himself but it was always impossible. He couldn't leave eunice because he loved him so much and the love was hindering him from thinking straight. He keeps hearing this two contradicting voices about Eunice. One voice will tell him to quit, another voice will tell him to hold on to eunice. He couldn't tell which of them is of God and of Demons.
After struggling with thoughts, paul decided to consult a spiritual leader for a divine insight on his situation. He knelt down and he was prayed for. After 18mins of prayer, the spiritual leader told paul that he wasn't compatible with eunice, they are two opposite character and it wasn't God's chosen. Paul tried to let the pastor realises how he often dream about her and how a voice always spoke to him about eunice, but the pastor repeated it again that eunice was a wrong choice, the only solution is to quit. Paul was shocked. "How do I go about quitting with the girl I loved with all my heart?, I need to go on to God personally for confirmation" paul thought.

The following week, eunice's attention was shifting gradually from paul. Even at school, she wasn't fond of staying around paul again like before, she was always seen chating on her phone and laughing out alone at intervals. Paul wasn't getting comfortable with this latest development, he decided to go on a 3 days fast and prayer to get a confirmation about eunice.
3days into the fast, he had a dream and saw himself sitting infront of a house containing maidens. He came there to pick a wife, Eunice was in rags coming out of the room looking dirty and smelling. Then someone called her back and told her " see that guy out there (pointing at paul), he wants a clean woman as wife. Take this clean cloth and perfume to cover yourself so that he would pick you." Eunice immediately sprayed the perfume and wore the clean with cloth, she washed her face and she appeared good looking. On getting outside, paul was carried away by the outward look without taking a look at the inward appearance and he immediately picked eunice and left for the aisle. Along. The road to the aisle, wind was blowing and eunice's good looking dress was about to be blown open by the wind, then eunice told paul. "Dear, I don't want you to see me until we get to the aisle. Let me tie this little cloth on your eyes and I will hold your hands to lead you till we get to the aisle". Paul agreed and his face was covered.
Eunice held paul's hand as the walk along, on their road. They met another dirty young man eunice immediately held the man with her left hand and the 3 were walking along while paul was blindfolded to notice the latest development and also, he couldn't see people waiving at him to stop and see his new company. Paul woke up immediately and started sweating. He picked his bible and began to pray. This time, he held a voice clearly with any hindrance saying "paul, paul, paul!!!, she is not your woman!!!!".
Paul took the boldness and courage to open up to eunice and broke up with her, telling her it was an instruction from God. The both cried for days. Few days later, eunice finally cheered up and sticked to valentino. NYSC ended, paul travelled to lagos to stay with one of his friends who promised to help him with a job. At lagos, another problem happened to paul........

Audio Bible — (Genesis to Revelation.) / Now, With Science And Money, the Curses On Adam And Eve becomes Inconsequential / Christians: Would You Prefer A Muslim Or A White Garment Partner?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86