Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,013 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Always Add Value To Yourself - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Always Add Value To Yourself (662 Views)

E-learning Folks In Nigeria & Abroad: Let Add Value To Nigeria Education. / How Can I Add Value To My 3rd Class? / Add Value To Your Life, Acquire Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Always Add Value To Yourself by Champella(m): 2:03am On Jul 05, 2014
You can imagine some people wasting their time to argue if a University Graduate is superior to a Polytechnic Graduate or not.

Whoever told you that your greatness or success is tied to a piece of paper must have told you the biggest lie of the century.

People are busy adding more value to their lives on a daily basis and you're here arguing on the inferiority or superiority of both certificates

So many silent Billionaires are having the world at their feet and others are just there arguing over what would not put food on their table.

The moment you start feeling that your certificate is a meal ticket to land a juicy job is when you'll start coming to terms with reality

For those of you who have not seen or read the job adverts by some Companies, i'll advise you do so for your own good.

Make no mistakes, as a fresh graduate you'll be competing with graduates from all over the world

If you graduate from say UNIUYO, UNICAL or even KadPoly, Akwa Poly, etc be rest assured that you'd be competing with graduates from top skols locally and internationally - UNILAG, OAU, UNILORIN, UNIBEN, ABU, UNN, FUTO, COVENANT, PTI, YABATECH, MIT, Stanford, UniAberdeen, UniAlberta, RGU, Imperial, etc

I bet so many people haven't heard of Aptitude tests and Interviews conducted by the likes of Shell, Chevron, Total, Mckinsey, KPMG, PWC, etc. For those who have, please tell others. For those who haven't, please ask those who have.

These Employers/Recruiters/Companies have shifted their attention from where you graduated from to "WHAT CAN YOU DO" for us?

They are simply asking you what "skills" you possess. They will recruit you if you have any value to add to them

* You need a job and your Oral and Written English isn't top notch? Please just forget it
* You're applying for a job and you can't manipulate MS Suites - Powerpoint, Excel, Word, etc please stay back
* You're an Engineering graduate and you can't play with AutoCAD?
* You're using expensive smart phones yet you don't know anything about:

www.nairaland.com
www.linkedin.com
www.rigzone.com

* You don't know about volunteering?
* You don't know about networking?
* You don't know about Jarushub?
* Your CV is not top-drawer?

Well, the list is just endless. But the truth is this. . .

"Be informed today. Information is power"

"Pursue excellence and success will chase you pants down"

In all the nonsense i may have said, please try and pick the "sense" in it and leave the "non". Coz na u go smile afta 90 minutes.

Wish all of us the very best!

1 Like

Re: Always Add Value To Yourself by lonngmann(m): 4:42am On Jul 05, 2014
Thanks. .you are right!
Re: Always Add Value To Yourself by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Information is power!!!I have learnt a great deal from your post. Studying to show my self approved!!!!!! Learn learn learn and someday lead!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Help / Best Sap Mm Online Training In India | Uk | Usa | Australia | Singapore | Canada / University Of Nsukka Pre-degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.