Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" (5239 Views)

Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful / Covenant Time: Building A Personal Relationship With God / Testimonies: Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Christ And The Revelations Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 7:45am On Jul 05, 2014
This topic was posted on an American forum:

Christians are not made in a laboratory, but in a community called the church, Pope Francis said.

At his weekly general audience Wednesday, Pope Francis continued his series of audience talks about the church, telling an estimated 33,000 people that there is no such thing as "do-it-yourself" Christians or "free agents" when it comes to faith.

Pope Francis described as "dangerous" the temptation to believe that one can have "a personal, direct, immediate relationship with Jesus Christ without communion with and the mediation of the church."

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2586360/pg1

I will post some of the replies.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 7:50am On Jul 05, 2014
yes

bypassing the control of the church is dangerous

don't you dare have a personal relationship with jesus or God

hahahah

f-u-c-k you pope
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 7:54am On Jul 05, 2014
EXACTLY why the Pope does not speak for the majority of Christians.

I wouldn't even call Catholics Christians. They are satanists and don't even know it.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 7:55am On Jul 05, 2014
He is going out of his way to include everyone except for Bible-believing Christians into his fold.

His "succession" is built on a lie, paved by heretics, satanists, pedophiles, murderers and specifically, murderers and torturers of Christians who would not succumb to their pagan doctrine.

This is not surprising but just after the Islamic prayers in his "church" made of gold and declaration that Atheists and everyone can get to Heaven w/o Christ (Jesus said "I am the Way the Truth And the Life. NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME."wink tells me the timing is too perfect.

I see this going downhill for us "free-agents" in the next few years.

Even so, Maranatha and God's will be done.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 7:56am On Jul 05, 2014
I left that "church" almost 25 years ago, and they'll never get me back.

My Savior is real, while Catholics have a guy with a pointy hat, that sits on a throne in Rome. I'll stick with mine, thank you very much.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 7:57am On Jul 05, 2014
The entire Bible is about having a personal relationship with Jesus.

Catholics seem to be always trying to put things between people and Jesus, whether it is their religious rituals or idols of Mary.

I guess that's why the catholic authorities got so angry when people started translating the Bible for english commoners.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 7:58am On Jul 05, 2014
He didn't say any personal relationship is dangerous, he just pointed out that involvement in a community of believers is important as a supplement....I interpreted it to mean, though he didn't say it, that it probably helps to keep us honest when we are tempted to rationalize all of our beliefs.

We are all probably involved at arm's length anyway with one or several belief systems (i.e. we benefit from their years of accumulated wisdom) even though we complain about organized religion.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 8:00am On Jul 05, 2014
You better not try to have a personal relationship with Jesus.

If you try we will do to you what we did to the believing of the middle ages, remember how we would burn them, strangle them, put them on the rack, remember.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 8:01am On Jul 05, 2014
Of course, you're supposed to talk to God through your Priest, Reverend, Pastor, etc, etc...with a Generous Contribution to the Church in the process.

Otherwise you wouldn't need Religion, and they can't have that.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 8:02am On Jul 05, 2014
"Obviously, he said, it is not always easy to walk the path of faith with other people. "Sometimes it's tiring. It can happen that a brother or sister creates problems for us or scandalizes us, but the Lord entrusted his message of salvation to human beings, to us, to witnesses," he said.
"It is through our brothers and sisters with their gifts and their limits," the pope said, "that he comes to us and makes himself known. This is what belonging to the church means. Remember: Being Christian means belonging to the church. If your first name is Christian, your last name is Member of the Church."
At the end of his talk, the pope asked people to join him in praying that they would never "give into the temptation of thinking you can do without others, without the church, that you can save yourself, of thinking you can be a laboratory Christian.

Christians, he said, are not manufactured in isolation, but belong to a long line of believers who handed on the faith and challenged one another to live it fully."

I totally agree!
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by faithugo64(f): 8:11am On Jul 05, 2014
Endtime!!!
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 05, 2014
Not surprised by his utterances. The pope just told us what the catholics stand for and that is putting between us and God several intermediaries in clear violation of the very gospel of Jesus.

Little wonder people of shady pasts are being beatified and made into saints in order for prayers to be offered through them to God thereby relegating the vicarious death of Christ for mankind to naught.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Dubby6(m): 8:58am On Jul 05, 2014
Op how stingy of u to be d op, ftc...etc
on post, no comment

Who get tissue, i wan shitt
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by PastorOluT(m): 10:52am On Jul 05, 2014
Upholding the church? Little wonder they mostly believe that once u belong to their church u are saved.

Disuading personal relationship which is the foremost to encourage papacy in disguise
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by fr3do(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2014
Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is not unhealthy as long as your Jesus doesnt contradict with the teachings of Christ in the bible.
The church or a brethren acts as a buffer.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by italo: 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
@OP, your topic is false.

The Pope never condemned "any" personal relationship with Jesus. He condemned supposed personal relationship "without" the Church.

Please change the topic in the spirit of honesty.

And the Pope's statement is even backed by scripture. Scripture never encourages such a personal relationship, but condemns it in many ways. I will give you instances if you cannot remember them.

I am Catholic and I have have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Infact, because I'm Catholic, through the Church, I have a more personal relationship with Jesus than you, a non-Catholic, can ever dream of.

At every mass, Jesus offers me his whole self: body, blood, soul and divinity. He comes into my body and my soul.

It cannot get more personal than that...and that cannot happen without the Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by italo: 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pastor Olu T: Upholding the church? Little wonder they mostly believe that once u belong to their church u are saved.

Disuading personal relationship which is the foremost to encourage papacy in disguise

Show me where a Christian in the Bible existed without the Church.

smiley
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by nannymcphee(f): 8:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Kei144: This topic was posted on an American forum:

Christians are not made in a laboratory, but in a community called the church, Pope Francis said.

At his weekly general audience Wednesday, Pope Francis continued his series of audience talks about the church, telling an estimated 33,000 people that there is no such thing as "do-it-yourself" Christians or "free agents" when it comes to faith.

Pope Francis described as "dangerous" the temptation to believe that one can have "a personal, direct, immediate relationship with Jesus Christ without communion with and the mediation of the church."

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2586360/pg1

I will post some of the replies.

You have started again!!! Where is ur apocalyptic end time thread

Your heading is misleading & besides the source is not a reliable source, since it was a weekly broadcast have u checked the Vatican source to see if that's what he said

Mind you I'm not Roman Catholic & you're taking what he said out of context

How can someone claim to have a personal & direct relationship with Jesus Christ & not have anything to do with the church(which is the body of the same Jesus) is that relationship complete?

What is the true definition of church? Is it the building or a makeup of fellow believers?

how then can u live a Christian life in isolation? Did ur apostles in the bible live the Christian life that way?

Jesus asked us to break bread or have communion in his remembrance, how then can u say u have a relationship with Jesus without breaking of bread(catholic calls it communion)

If u want to take the other definition of communion which is fellowship, can u have fellowship with Jesus & not have with his followers ?

1 Like

Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by kadaffitupac(m): 8:59am On Jul 08, 2014
the problem with those bashing the pope is: They hate the catholic church and the pope so much that they did not take time to read the full text of the pope's statement

2 Likes

Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by advocate666: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2014
italo:

At every mass, Jesus offers me his whole self: body, blood, soul and divinity. He comes into my body and my soul.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by PastorOluT(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2014
italo:

Show me where a Christian in the Bible existed without the Church.

smiley

Who is talking about without d church?

And a question for u;

* What is the church, local n universal?

* What does it mean to have a personal relationship with Jesus?

A serious look at this two questions reveals what is wrong with that speech.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by italo: 9:24am On Jul 09, 2014
PastorOluT:

Who is talking about without d church?

And a question for u;

* What is the church, local n universal?

* What does it mean to have a personal relationship with Jesus?

A serious look at this two questions reveals what is wrong with that speech.

You can't show where a Christian existed in the Bible without the Church...

...that is because this 'only me and Jesus' doctrine of yours is not of God.

smiley

1 Like

Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by PastorOluT(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
italo:

smiley

Smile, I give up on ur finally (though I know God will never anyways), if what u can still deduce from what I post is without the church?
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by Kei144(m): 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
italo:

smiley

Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

The problem with the Roman Catholic Church is that when it enters a new place, its missionaries just get people to come to Church and get baptized. When they have been baptized, the church now begins to teach them about God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, Virgin Mary, St. Anthony of Padua, Novenna, mass, etc. What matters most is being a member of the church; the members may not really take any of these teachings seriously.

But the Bible says that believing in Jesus is the starting point, followed by repentance from sins. Only those who satisfy these prior conditions are qualified to be baptized into the Church.
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by italo: 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
PastorOluT:

Smile, I give up on ur finally (though I know God will never anyways), if what u can still deduce from what I post is without the church?

Stop clutching at straws. You are unable to cite biblical evidence for your 'only Jesus and I' doctrine...because it is not of God.

Christians cannot and shouldn't exist without the Church...according to the Bible and Pope Francis.

smiley
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by italo: 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
Kei144:

Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

The problem with the Roman Catholic Church is that when it enters a new place, its missionaries just get people to come to Church and get baptized. When they have been baptized, the church now begins to teach them about God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, Virgin Mary, St. Anthony of Padua, Novenna, mass, etc. What matters most is being a member of the church; the members may not really take any of these teachings seriously.

But the Bible says that believing in Jesus is the starting point, followed by repentance from sins. Only those who satisfy these prior conditions are qualified to be baptized into the Church.

When you prove anti-Catholics wrong, satan in them pushes them to change the topic rather than accept the truth.

The Pope is right in condemning supposed personal relationship with Jesus without the Church.

How can you have a relationship with Christ and not have a relationship with his body - the Church.

You anti-Catholic Protestants are really lost!
Re: POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous" by dnacrystal: 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
italo: @OP, your topic is false.

The Pope never condemned "any" personal relationship with Jesus. He condemned supposed personal relationship "without" the Church.

Please change the topic in the spirit of honesty.

And the Pope's statement is even backed by scripture. Scripture never encourages such a personal relationship, but condemns it in many ways. I will give you instances if you cannot remember them.

I am Catholic and I have have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Infact, because I'm Catholic, through the Church, I have a more personal relationship with Jesus than you, a non-Catholic, can ever dream of.

It cannot get more personal than that...and that cannot happen without the Catholic Church.
lol

(1) (Reply)

Hell Believers; Are You Going 2 B Watching Us Atheists Burn In Hell From Heaven? / Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob! / Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.