Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

List Five Things You Need From The Next Governor Of Your State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Five Things You Need From The Next Governor Of Your State (900 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / MY SON WILL BECOME THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF KWARA STATE ..bukola saraki(PHOTOS) / Who Is Most Likely To Become The Next Governor Of Anambra State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

List Five Things You Need From The Next Governor Of Your State by Tiyazman(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2014
I'm an indigene of Imo in the South East of Nigeria, I'm from Oguta local government, and i'm from Oguta(1)

I created this thread for every Nigerian to speak up, let them tell the new Governors and upcoming Governors in 2015 what they need from them! We don't just vote them for nothing, as democracy gives us the grace; we are to tell them what to do to make a better state!

We own the Governors, and they are our servants! They must attend to our needs, and listen to us!
So i urge you all to take this seriously, list atleast Five(5) things you need your Upcoming or new Governors to do in your respective states. . .

THESE ARE MINE:
1. I need the next Governor of my state(Imo) to build infrastructures, factories and do everything they can to make international Companies invest in our state and establish a branch here, it's high time Imo is recognized in Nigeria as a BIG and reliable state it is!

2. I need the Governor and his Government to seriously and i say seriously put enough money into constructing of WORLD CLASS ROADS! They should stop deceiving us and giving us these 3rd World roads they construct everywhere! We are not FOOLS!! It's high time we started making a change! angry

3. I need the next Governor to top up the security forces we've got here in Imo, give the police better uniforms, equipments and important weapons to enable them fight crime! They should stop making Policemen look like beggars and confused set of people, let them kit well! This is for the comissioner of Police specifally. And i think the next Governor should ban Vigilantes, these guys are no good to the state, they cause nuisance and encourage "Jungle Justice!"

4. I need the next Governor and his Government to invest in the Entertainment industry, let them build entertainment structures, top up the public Radios and TV stations(these two are becoming a joke, a foreigner would never listen to their low class radios or watch their joke of a public station!) . . . We are angry! Let them invest money into these things, build structures like the Lagos Alaba, but in a more classy way! I don't think our artiste would go to Lagos for a better audience if all these has been dealt with!

5. And lastly and more seriously! I need the next Governor and his Government to look into sport! They should invest enough doughs for sport. . . I need the Governor to build atleast one WORLD CLASS Stadium in Imo state! They should stop deceiving themselves and looting our money! They should take a look at Akwa Ibom, see? The Governor is so awesome! He's done so well for Akwa Ibom people. Please Mr/mrs next Governor, build a world class stadium for us!

#BLESS

(1) (Reply)

U.S Ambassador Visits Emir Of Kano / Former FCT Minister Nasir El-rufai Loses Son In Ghastly Motor Accident / When A Corrupt, Alleged Murderer Ate With 10 Fingers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.