Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution (36010 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Video: Footballer Kicked Off Team For Having Sex With Fan During Match / Revealed:mikel Kicked Against Introduction Of Ramon Azeez For Onazi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Dotng: 11:37am On Jul 05, 2014
MIKEL KICKED AGAINST RAMON AZEEZ SUBSTITUTION - OFFICIAL
Mikel kicked against Ramon Azeez substitution - official

by Staff Reporter
Saturday Jul 05, 2014. 07:08
Mikel Obi kicked against the introduction of Ramon Azeez in place of the injured Ogenyi Onazi during the round of 16 match against France, a top team official has specially told AfricanFootball.com

Almeria midfielder Azeez was preparing to come in for the injured Onazi, when within moments coach Stephen Keshi asked Reuben Gabriel to come in instead for the Lazio youngster.

“Mikel made it very clear to Keshi that he did not wish for Ramon to play alongside him in the midfield and that was why Azeez was asked to sit down and in his place Reuben was brought in,” a top team official informed AfricanFootball.com

The player power Mikel wielded in the Super Eagles was such that coach Keshi asked the midfielder if he wanted to be replaced during the Bosnia-Herzegovina match after he appeared to tire.

“Should it be the player or the coach who should effect a substitution?” asked a baffled top official.

http://africanfootball.com/news/436780/Mikel-kicked-against-Ramon-Azeez-substitution-official

6 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by goalburner(m): 11:49am On Jul 05, 2014
God bless you OP. We av been debating and emphasizin this same issue everyday in my area. Some of us believed Mikel must have paid Keshi lots of money before the WC. This can be verified in all nigerian matches with his performances, he played like he's never controllable. Even for Keshi to substitute him is a nightmare.....

41 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by vicadex07(m): 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
Why wouldn't it be like that when a player is getting more pay than his coach. In this part of the world, money talks. Assuming Stephen Keshi was a foreign coach, his salary will be in millions of dollars and will never be delayed. And the funny fact is none of our foreign coaches in times past has ever achieved what Keshi did with the super eagles within the short time frame. You think South Africans are dumb. They are praying that Keshi is sacked so they can employ him. A prophet is never appreciated nor respected by his people.

35 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by cheguevera: 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
THE Ramon azeez is not even a world cup material.Poor keshi,poor bench

13 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Syenite(m): 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
Let Mikel know now that the young shall grow. That Azeez he looks down on will one day take that no.10 Jessy from him.

49 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Fresia01(f): 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
he was scared his flaws will be made manifest,, Dnt blame him!!! plus wait ooo, is he d coach,,?? last time i checked,, Stephen okechukwu keshi was d name of our coach,,!!

8 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by IAMBREEZY: 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
That snail mikel.

56 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Guykhena(m): 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
So players do influence coaches decisions,,, na wa for 9ja o,
And to think its Mikel undecided

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by mfm04622: 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
Syenite: Let Mikel know now that the young shall grow. That Azeez he looks down on will one day take that no.10 Jessy from him.
Mikel is not looking dpwn on Azeez, he is afraid of Azeez. He is afraid he will take his position.

14 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
Wow unbelievable.

Mikel plays like a typical player in a street football would play.

He played lazily throughout the tournament and he was not meant to play in some of the matches. Even Yobo messed up. Lots of them.
If we say its a mistake why are Brazil and Germany and Argentina not making mistakes.

When you are signing cheques and paying your workers or signing a huge business deal or submitting proposals, there is no room for mistakes. There is no room for mediocrity in professionalism.

What happened and what is happening is not my cup of tea. They will all bear the consequences in their careers and various football clubs. Its just that "tag" Nigeria is really a shameful one.

We are supposed to be greater than this as a country.
1. Good Environment.
2. Good geography.
3. Arable lands.
4. Oil and some other materials.
5. Intelligence.
6. Sportsmanship.
7. Military power etc but rather we do what?

1. We bomb each other.
2. Destroy our own properties.
3. Hate each other.
4. Steal governments fund meant for the masses.
5. No justice anywhere.
6. Electricity is bad.
7. Envy, Jealousy, Hatred at work places and residents.
8. Nepotism. Gosh! We need help.

The virus has eaten so deep into us that those of us who want to change or a change are even affected by it.
We have to bribe to buy fuel.
We have to bribe for our children to get jobs.
The problem of Nigeria is a cyclical one. Its you and I and how can the sick cure the sick?.

For those looking for jobs, read whats in my signature maybe it will help. Drop comments too anyway if you can. Thanks.

I am sad for my children and the future of Nigeria. I just pray our children, both mine and yours will not be left with crumbs when they grow.

God bless my children and please God make them enjoy the good things of life.

63 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by dejt4u(m): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
IAMBREEZY: That snail mikel.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

48 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mikel making me vex since 1998.

But seriously o, if this is really true, cos some unscrupulous individuals might use this opportunity to ruin Mikel.. I would hate Mikel for the rest of my life. And Reuben Gabriel or whatever he calls himself should just retire from international football.

BUT THIS LIE GET AS E BE OO.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by timnelander: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
imagine a player controlled.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by metorichmond(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
Taaaaaaaaaa,who is he to kick against substitution. So for him mind na ball him de play so *runs to d bathroom to freshen up 4 5pm match abeg*
Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by homesteady(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
sorry I don't believe! Keshi that refused to take a high scoring Uche to brazil will now start taking orders from benchwarmer Mikel?
Keshi that was even fighting will NFF officials will now start taking orders from that idiiot Mikel?

taaa! Please tell me another lie!

33 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by orobs93(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
This disgusting mikel,I think its high time we show him,we can deal with him,pls who has his house address in jos and d name of his transport company.just want to go there for prayers.

12 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by barthchuks(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Yungmilio2(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
cheguevera: THE Ramon azeez is not even a world cup material.Poor keshi,poor bench
Ramon Azeez is better than Mikel...
he only started one match and you say he is not a WC material
Babatunde also wasn't a WC material but better Dan Moses...
Azeez plays well for his club side... not like Mikel who sits on the bench

32 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Pavore9: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
hmm..
Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by LMAyedun(m): 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mikel should honourably retire from international football... We don't need him anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
Na every story una de believe?

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by CaptJHMiller: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
Keshi yes tried when he lead the eagles to victory in the cup of nations. But to be fair, he is a local champion. I do not mean that in an offensive manner. His technical skills in coaching is limited to the African scene.
This was very obvious at the confederation cup but became more obvious from the game with France at the world cup.

The Nigerian team did not practice on some caring little this that might seem little but in the long run turned out to be major.

-How can you have 7+ corner kicks and non of the crosses connected with your player?
-How can you have a counter where you have 3 on 2 players with a player to your advantage, get to the edge of the 18 and don't have any ideas of what play to make and then the ball is tackled away, you can't even string passes and shoot at the target?
-How can your free kicks not connect with your players?
-How come your players gass out at about 70min and lose concentration.
-Why must one player run with the ball half field, when the best thing is to sting passes and advance(destabilise the opponent and you cut through them like knife), there by not over working the players (no cohesion and team work) just individual style of play.
-Why stick to a tactics that is obviously not working?

It was evident they did not train on a lot of things, it was just the old way of training (enter field and kick ball) no specified/ laid down game play.

And lastly I expected them to send a message to the world at the end of the game when they were knocked out. Fine, you will not donate tour money but at lease hold our a banner with "pray for #ourgirls" or something in that line! Just to show some support and patriotism to the fight for the missing girls.

30 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by 3ace(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
To ruin ur relationship,text Mikel to 3888.To save your relationship,text Enyeama to 3880.For free megaBITE,text Suarez to 3881.To achieve your own goal,text Yobo to 3074.

I couldn't help but lol when someone sent this to me.

60 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by englishmart(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
That name mikel is boring.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by seunbadmus(f): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mikel Slowbi

5 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by CLIQBOY(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
Why should I believe this??
Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by colossus2: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Super Chickens don comot. Make una let person rest. If 11 Azeez like make dem enter join the 10 players for the field, naija no go still win the match tongue

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by 4reigningqueen: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
mikel haters! Na wa o.

On top ur hatred the guy still dey smile go bank.

My guy mikel, if u dey read this, me i be ya number 1 fan. I even gbadun ya slow motion on top field.We have people with intelligent minds but most Nigerians are naturally narrow minded.No wonder the country is where it is now. Praise them last year, curse them this year. Nonsense people.

***spits***

11 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by Guykhena(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
3ace: To ruin ur relationship,text Mikel to 3888.To save your relationship,text Enyeama to 3880.For free megaBITE,text Suarez to 3881.To achieve your own goal,text Yobo to 3074.

I couldn't help but lol when someone sent this to me.

7 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by bemagnify: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Na wa 4una'o... Na evry story una go beliv.. So as keshi big reach hm no knw hm left frm his right ni!

6 Likes

Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by MillionDollars: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
We are now crying over spilt milk!!! Mtchewwww
Re: Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution by barthchuks(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Blazey J: Mikel making me vex since 1998
could you pls elaborate?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes Forbes Highest Paid NBA Players 2018 List / Victor Anichebe: Stéphane Sessègnon Is Owing Me $10k / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Puts Club Up For Sale For £2 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.