Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? (29112 Views)

Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? / What Will Be The Fate Of Those Mentally Challenged on Judgement Day? / How Do Mentally Ill People Praise God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by kattyagbagidi(f): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2014
JustCare:
if you ain't ready to examine the concept of reincarnation with strict sense of logic as well as considering that whatever you sow shall you reap whenever it's ripe or matured for your harvesting ie now or anytime in earth time then you ain't ready to grasp holistically the dynamics behind the concept in the question you have asked!

U are correct. The answer of d question is in reincarnation believe it or not. Its not a force to believe d spiritual laws but they are d laws and dey exist and bind us too. knowingly or unknowingly we are rule by it.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by fairheven: 11:48am On Jul 06, 2014
seunbadmus:
No. I disagree.

We are not God but the bible is God's word. Ecclasiastes 2: 18-21 helps us understand that we'll all return to dust.
Eccl 9: 5,6,10 helps us understand that we are mortal and do not survive the death of our body. So there's nothing like spirit living elsewhere..
There will be the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous- Acts 24: 15...
The unrighteous will be given an opportunity to serve God during a period of 1000yrs known as the Judgement day. If after this 1000 years, anyone is satan's camp will be destroyed alongside satan...forever, that is everlasting destruction. Does it not sound absurd to imagine a loving God will continue to torment people he created forever in fire?
Jah is not a sadist... He is a loving God.
Why not capture the scriptures u quoted in written and then explain to buttress ur point.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by tonididdy(m): 11:51am On Jul 06, 2014
Tolexander: Their judgement will be based on what their 'ways' were before being mentally unstable.
what about imbeciles?...that were deformed mentally from birth
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by rhymz(m): 11:53am On Jul 06, 2014
Soloter: 1.If a drug addict becomes a lunatic - we can then conclude that his destination is Hellfire. why? the Bible has warned us against polluting the temple of God, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16,17(KJV)." , therefore, one who refused to accept this injunction when insaned, shall rot in hell.
2. insanity is occasioned by demon- possession and demons will only possess those who have rejected the Son of God- Christ. for the Bible says "You are of God, my little children, and you have overcome them because he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" 1John 4:4.
Conclusively, one's believe and state before madness will determine where he'll spend eternity.
Look at this stoopid Christian brute that thinks the world revolves around his small little delusional bible rife with inconsistencies that defile logic.
So you think people go mad because they allowed themselves to be mad? what next are you going yo tell us, that retards, schizophreniacs and the disillusioned too are demon possess....drop that freaking book in your hand and start thinking with your damn brains....WTF is wrong with some of you religious ignoramuses. Do you know anything about mental ailments at all, na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by myspnigeria: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
nice responses
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by seunbadmus(f): 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
fairheven:
Why not capture the scriptures u quoted in written and then explain to buttress ur point.
Done sir
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Proffdada: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
It's the way you view madness. Which simply is the torment of demons leading to disorientation. It maybe lack of proper communication with the environment,but the soul is what lives after death and is an accumulation of one's life and activities. Even in madness the soul accumulates virtue and vice which will determine its terminus in afterlife. To sum it up,a madman will still be judged irrespective of his madness.

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Terminal madness has got to be hell.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Taolyn4lif(m): 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
seunbadmus:
No. I disagree.

We are not God but the bible is God's word. Ecclasiastes 3: 18-21 (18 I also said in my heart about the sons of men that the true God will test them and show them that they are like animals, 19 for there is an outcome* for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome.+ As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit.+ So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place.+ They all come from the dust,+ and they all are returning to the dust.+ 21 Who really knows whether the spirit of humans ascends upward, and whether the spirit of animals descends down to the earth?) helps us understand that we'll all return to dust.
Eccl 9: 5,6,10. ( For the living know* that they will die,+ but the dead know nothing at all,+ nor do they have any more reward,* because all memory of them is forgotten.+ 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.+10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave,*+ where you are going). helps us understand that we are mortal and do not survive the death of our body. So there's nothing like spirit living elsewhere..
There will be the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous- Acts 24: 15. (15 And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection+ of both the righteous and the unrighteous.)
The unrighteous will be given an opportunity to serve God during a period of 1000yrs known as the Judgement day. If after this 1000 years, anyone is satan's camp will be destroyed alongside satan...forever, that is everlasting destruction. Does it not sound absurd to imagine a loving God will continue to torment people he created forever in fire?
Jah is not a sadist... He is a loving God.

** Isaiah 33:24. (24 And no resident* will say: “I am sick.”+
The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error.+)
helps us understand that there'll be no sickness in paradise earth...

In a simple sentence, how do all these tell us how God would judge someone that was mad?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by ojimbo(m): 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
Tolexander: Their judgement will be based on what their 'ways' were before being mentally unstable.
you score 0/10
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by ojimbo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Soloter: 1.If a drug addict becomes a lunatic - we can then conclude that his destination is Hellfire. why? the Bible has warned us against polluting the temple of God, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16,17(KJV)." , therefore, one who refused to accept this injunction when insaned, shall rot in hell.
2. insanity is occasioned by demon- possession and demons will only possess those who have rejected the Son of God- Christ. for the Bible says "You are of God, my little children, and you have overcome them because he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" 1John 4:4.
Conclusively, one's believe and state before madness will determine where he'll spend eternity.
imagination

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Lachynos2k2(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
skillet: n
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by tunapius(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
Eureka007: my girlfriend said she does not love me anymore.should i kill my self (a)yes (b) no
NO, i'm nt ready to type ''ripp'' yet.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by seunbadmus(f): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Taolyn4lif:

In a simple sentence, how do all these tell us how God would judge someone that was mad?
They were mentally ill before they died. At resurrection they'll be sane again as many others like amputees will gain their lost limbs etc. The rest is in my initial post, so if you re-read you might get the point.

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by ojimbo(m): 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
LogoDWhiz: @ freecocoa
Well, from my own perspective.
It depends on d kind of they lived before going insane.
and you think they won`t blame God for not giving the opportunity to repent. What about the little babeis that died whithout been baptised because christians believed they were born with sins
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by seunbadmus(f): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
rhymz: Look at this stoopid Christian brute that thinks the world revolves around his small little delusional bible rife with inconsistencies that defile logic.
So you think people go mad because they allowed themselves to be mad? what next are you going yo tell us, that retards, schizophreniacs and the disillusioned too are demon possess....drop that freaking book in your hand and start thinking with your damn brains....WTF is wrong with some of you religious ignoramuses. Do you know anything about mental ailments at all, na wa o.
That was too harsh. But your disagreement with his points is laudable.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by clefstone(m): 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: Please I'll be glad if anyone can help me on this topic, I've been wondering about thiw since I was a little girl in the sunday school class, I even asked my teacher then but she didn't even answer the question.

I mean, we've been told that all sinners will rot in hell and I know some mad people do what would be considered a sin if done by a sane person, now, will they get a pass because they are mentally unstable? Or will they roast in hell like every other sinner?Does the bible even say anything about mad people?

I'm just really curious, where will they go when they die?or when rapture occurs?

P.S. Don't know if the topic's been discussed previously, so...
Only God can answer your question. But we must live with the assurance that He will judge all justly, both the sane and insane

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by tunapius(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
if they died, they will start a new life else whr as a sane fellow to complete thr part in dis wrld in order for them to be assessed hereafter. I mean, insane pple's life get part2.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Lachynos2k2(m): 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
skillet: If i say i was your mothers father in my previous life, you will think i am insulting you. Why will you ask me such a mundane question? Behave o.

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by soldierdollar(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2014

what of imbec.ile ?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by NigeriaArmy15(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
skillet: #fela
Zombie no go come until you tell am to come
Zombie no go THINK until you tell am to THINK
Zombie o, zombie
Zombie o,
Stuupiddd army mad man. Zombie.

A special treatment for you,m still monitoring Shekau movement here in Sambisa forest, when am through with him I'd open your file, by then you and your father will sing that song again......
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by tunapius(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
clefstone: Only God can answer your question. But we must live with the assurance that He will judge all justly, both the sane and insane
@op, this post means no one on earth can answer ur qstn... thumbs up jare clefstone....
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by ojimbo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
every human being is atleast 1% mentaly unstable. so wait till after death, we will give scores to those who get the answer on nairaland. Una no go think how to make nigeria a better place.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Good day all, I think the op of this topic shouldn't be castigated or criticised for asking such question because everyone here can't deny that they don't know or have one mentally insane person in their family, community, environment, etc and sometimes you maybe having pity on them and wondering too many things about them; including where they would spend their eternity after death.

That said, let me try and answer the op's question: where will mentally insane people spend their eternity?

Some background views before my answer:

God is a kind and just God. God is not responsible for any evil we witness today. It hurts God whenever humans perpetrate evil against one another.

Of course God can put an end to all evil and suffering in mankind but he won't do it now, why

God has already set a time (which only Him knows) to bring an end to wickedness and inhumane by mankind, and he is only giving all humans an opportunity to hear the truth so no one would say he or she didn't hear the truth before the earth is brought to an end.

Now have u wondered this: in football match, it last for 90minutes; that's the set time. Now, will the referee end the match at say 55minutes just because a certain team scored too many goals? The answer is no! The sufferings mankind witness today hurts God but He has a set time and He can't change His word- He is not a God that lies. So he is waiting for the set time which u and I don't know.

So God will bring judgment on earth when the whole ends of the world have heard about the good news about Jesus Christ as a witness and the end will come.

So all you Christians wishing for evil to end, then u must strive hard to spread the good news so everyone on earth would hear it as a witness in order for second coming of Jesus Christ to happen. God can stop Boko Haram, Alshabab, Aqaeda, ISIS, ritual killings, robbery, etc...but again remember that Satan himself challenged God's rulership on earth, and like a student who challenged his mathematics tutor in class that the tutor didn't solve a certain math question correctly, the teacher had to invite the student and hand him the chalk to solve the maths the way he knows is correct so that the student can prove himself foolish before other students in the class rather than shut him up.

Now, after the student fails to solve the maths correctly within the set time the teacher gave him/her, the whole students will bear the teacher witness and won't question or condemn the teacher when he flogs and walks the student out of his class.

And it will be foolish for the teacher to help or be helping to correct the student who challenged him as he makes mistakes while solving the maths.

This is exactly the scenario we are in today: God is the teacher while Satan is the i-to-know student who challenged his tutor, God. So if God stops all evil and corruption in the world today, Satan will be happy that He has won, so God has a set time to put Satan to final shame after all have heard God's words and have witnessed Satan's evil activities as evident in the world over today.

Back to topic.

Remember in the Bible when Jesus Christ died, he was buried and he rose after 3 days, have u ever wondered y he didn't ascend straight to heaven but died and got buried to spend 3 days and then to rise again before ascending back to heaven?

Here is why.

Before the coming of Jesus Christ, many people were practising the old testament- eye for an eye, some were worshipping idols, etc and were living by the law; so many sinned and died before Jesus Christ came to preach love and to bring peace and salvation to mankind.

Note: God is Jesus Christ and also Holy Spirit. Just as we humans have: body, soul and spirit. We can't see God, we can't see Holy Spirit.

God regretted creating mankind after man sinned...he wanted to redeem mankind but if he had came as God He is, many will run away, so He sent His bodily form- Jesus Christ so we humans can accept Him as one of us.

Remember a place he asked Peter: who do u think I am? Go and research it. He also said sth about David calling Him Lord when He still descended from David's descendants, so why did David called Jesus Christ Lord? Because David knew that Jesus Christ is God!

Remember, even in the witchcraft rem, they can be here physically while their spirit is out. So know it today that Jesus Christ is God and Holy Spirit and not 3 in one (Trinity). Back to topic...

Now, it would be unjust for God to judge those who died before the coming of Christ because they didn't had the opportunity of hearing the good news.

So Jesus Christ went to the world of the dead after he was buried to preach the good news to those who died before his coming, and he set many dead people free and conquered death...so to those dead people before His coming who accepted him, they will make heaven during Jesus Christ's second coming while those that still refused to accept Him down there in the world of the dead will not make heaven.

Now for children who died during childbirth or before they knew left from right, they will be judged by what they know- so if they know nothing, they will be free. God is a just God...He will judge people by what they know and that's why it looks like He is prolonging the second coming of Jesus Christ: He wants all to hear His word as a witness.

So for the mentally insane people, they will be judged by what they know: the good and bad they know- not really by what they did before going mentally insane because some even after going mentally insane, still know what's good and what's bad.

Or haven't you seen very disciplined and good-mannered mentally ill people? I know one mentally challenged guy in my place from when he was small, and anytime I am in the village during festive periods, he is always in church- seated at the front row and after church service he goes back to the market square.

Another one, an slowpoke also comes to church, and from what I learnt from people in d village, both of them hardly miss church on Sundays and the slowpoke even give offering. And both started from when they were small kids.

So God will judge every man and woman according to what they know. Remember, you and I don't know what's going on in the minds of the so-called mad people; some may know partially or fully what's good and bad.

Lastly, God is one, there is nothing like trinity- God is Jesus Christ and also Holy Spirit and after judgment, Jesus Christ will return back to God to sit on His thrown....it is in the Bible, search it...don't be lazy, I won't give u the quotes, let this make u to research. So get up and work! Happy Sunday beloved people.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by malvisguy212: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
skillet: Wow. Where are the "reasoning abilities" you were boasting of a second ago? Have u ever seen a cheetah running in circles without direstion? Or have yo ever seen a drifter with a direction? Please i reject for you to be likened to a "drifting log of wood" in Jesus name. Amen.

my good friend , let her be, she has already make up her mind before she open this thread, this is the fallen away, knowledge has increase just has what jesus said" KNOWLEDGE SHALL BE INCREASE,THE LOVE OF MANY WILL WAX COLD" haven't you notice the way people open thread nowadays on nairaland, questioning God? GOD IS REMOVING THE WHEAT FROM THE CROP.
THANK YOU.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by KENFERDYOORI(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
Psylas: They will go to nowhere

Nichomatian Ethics has it that a human being is judged only on acts he performs as a free_rational_agent. Mad Men actions re considered involuntary hence, they re not culpable. For those of u saying they will be judged by what they did before, don'tforget that God uses ur last deeds to judge u and not those u ve done before. tanx.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by gabicon: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
It all depends on their state before the ran lunatic. If they are born again before the devil afflicted them then heaven is their home reasons being that mental illnesses are as good as any other disease like cancer and hepatitis if a born again child of God is sick and dies with these diseases won't dey go to heaven yes they will so also will a mentally I'll person that is born again.

Most importantly is the fact that we as children of God shouldn't allow the devil put sickness on our bodies since Christ strips has paid the price for us already.

It also is a point of being our brothers keeper to loose our brothers that the devil has held captive.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by overhypedsteve(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2014

i think someone mentioned earlier the issue of some religious people trying to get meaning from their little knowledge, so from what you re saying medically insane people do not exist, thos born with mental issues do not exist or those few group of people that may have suffered a head accident thereby suffering from a brain trauma do not exist, the only mental people are those that smoked igbo and got mad or those that got mad from watching demonic films, shey you see your level of understanding, i keep telling people that: no matter how spiritual we become we should not forget that we live in a world dominated by mortal beings
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Lachynos2k2(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
skillet: I use to smoke weed before I craze,shebi I fit make heaven?
sorry ur already in hellfire.

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by HerexG(m): 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by mcfarlin(m): 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
seunbadmus:
They were mentally ill before they died. At resurrection they'll be sane again as many others like amputees will gain their lost limbs etc. The rest is in my initial post, so if you re-read you might get the point.
Regain their lost limbs?...the bible clearly stated that we will be given new bodies(both the heavenbound&hellbound)..not perishable like the earthly one which fades away.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by seunbadmus(f): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
mcfarlin:
Regain their lost limbs?...the bible clearly stated that we will be given new bodies(both the heavenbound&hellbound)..not perishable like the earthly one which fades away.
Isaiah 35:5-6 ( 5 At that time the eyes of the blind will be opened,
And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped.
 6 At that time the lame will leap like the deer,
And the tongue of the speechless will shout for joy.
For waters will burst forth in the wilderness,
And streams in the desert plain.)

If you don't mind sir, where in the bible did you read about people burning in fire forever?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mentally Challenged Man Healed By Lords Chosen Church Members In Ebonyi (Photos) / 10 Categories Of People That Are Interested In The Downfall Of Apostle Suleman / 10 Types Of People We Meet After Church Dismissal (hilarious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.