Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 - Sports (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 (79659 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! / Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 / Brazil Vs Germany: World Cup 2014 Semi-final (1 - 7) On 8th July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
Missy89:

by the way did you know that Germany could easily win by double digits? they only slowed the game down in the second half because they wanted to be magnanimous and professional

Lmao...can we place a bet on double digits as well? grin

The stakes are going to be VERY high for this bet though.

Are you game? grin
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by 50calibre(m): 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
favoryte33: : what makes u fink u culd come up with such a hasty conclusion. The germans were 2 gud 4 brasil,that I know but football is not a game of number. Let me take u back 2 d premiership last year were chelsea defeated arsenal 6-0 but later went ahead 2 loose 2 astonvilla.dats d beuty of football.its unpredictable.I see dat game being a 50-50 chance as no team is being regarded as an underdog @ dis stage of d world cup.

Fair point! Personally I don't see the Argentines withstanding the tenacity & ferocity of the Germans who will come out firing on all cylinders on Sunday.

I haven't been too convinced with Argentina's performance throughout this tournament. Their defence has improved a lot, but their over reliance on Messi, is their weakness. Germany on the other hand is a perfect example of team work, there are no big name stars, but their co ordination on the field is impeccable, anyone can punish you.

The last time Germany was in a World Cup final was 2002 in Japan/Korea, they faced a real Brazilian side & lost to the brilliance of Ronaldo, Argentina is not strong enough to stop them this time, Perhaps Netherlands may have had a chance.

Need I remind you that the last time these two met at a World Cup was 2010, Germany routed Argentina 4-0

Well as you say, this is football where anything can happen, so lets watch & see but my money is 100% on Germany
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Missy89(f): 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao...can we place a bet on double digits as well? grin

The stakes are going to be VERY high for this bet though.

Are you game? grin

how about you predict a score line with a ± 1 margin of error

deal?

do u know Brazil and Italy won their 4th title 24 yrs after the 3rd? cool
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
Missy89:
how about you predict a score line with a ± 1 margin of error

deal?

do u know Brazil and Italy won their 4th title 24 yrs after the 3rd? cool

Well, Brazil haven't lost on home soil in a competitive game for more than 50 years before that massacre.

And the last time the Argies won the World Cup, it was in Latin america(Mexico) against the Germans lool.

I predict 1-0 2-1 3-2.

Ready with ya very high stakes?
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Missy89(f): 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
shymexx:

Well, Brazil haven't lost on home soil in a competitive game for more than 50 years before that massacre.

And the last time the Argies won the World Cup, it was in Latin america(Mexico) against the Germans lool.

I predict 1-0 2-1 3-2.

Ready with ya very high stakes?

4-1 3-1 5-0 cool

1. the 24 years observation
2. extra rest
3. physiological boost (7-1)
4. team work vs one man team
5. A Pragmatic German team
6. Brazilian fans will support Germany
7. German efficiency
8. German Goalie
9. Argentina is Brazil 2.0 ( depends too much on the midget from Barcelona)
10. You cant stop this German train cool
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by fredoooooo: 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
safarigirl: bette they come 3rd than to meet Germany and take 2nd again. OluwaMessi gonna crash and burn when he meets ChukwuMuller grin

funny girl ... grin
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Missy89:

4-1 3-1 5-0 cool

1. the 24 years observation
2. extra rest
3. physiological boost (7-1)
4. team work vs one man team
5. A Pragmatic German team
6. Brazilian fans will support Germany
7. German efficiency
8. German Goalie
9. Argentina is Brazil 2.0 ( depends too much on the midget from Barcelona)
10. You cant stop this German train cool

This is football, not mathematics. Come on, whoever wants it more is going to win. And make sure you expect at least one moment of magic, from Messi.

Also, the two teams are well balanced, apart from Argies lacking a bit of flair, and susceptible at the back. However, they make up for that with two world class strikers - and the best player in the world, Messi, in the midfield.

Close game.

I can't wait to lips you!!! grin grin

"oda na eylelele...I tell her jeje she ain't ready for the roads"- Timbo!! cool
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by coded01: 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
philfearon:
Am telling you bro...Like play like play,Argentina are in the final...like play like play,they will win it...
And so far so good,they are still have the best defence in this tournament so far,conceding only 3goals(And that was even in the Group stage!!)..

Please tell them... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Swash042(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
philfearon:
Even without Cortana,a look at Argentina in this Tournament tells u that though they may not be the best team in this tournament,they always get the Work done...That's the difference,coupled with the fact that they are the only team that grew with the tournament...
true talk sha.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Missy89(f): 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
shymexx:

This is football, not mathematics. Come on, whoever wants it more is going to win. And make sure you expect at least one moment of magic, from Messi.

Also, the two teams are well balanced, apart from Argies lacking a bit of flair, and susceptible at the back. However, they make up for that with two world class strikers - and the best player in the world, Messi, in the midfield.

Close game.

I can't wait to lips you!!! grin grin

"oda na eylelele...I tell her jeje she ain't ready for the roads"- Timbo!! cool

lol

so what happened to the messi magic yesterday? he was pretty much no where to be found
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
Missy89:
lol

so what happened to the messi magic yesterday? he was pretty much no where to be found

Off day - saving it for the last dance.

Watch Messi dance Azonto against the Germans on Sunday. grin

Anyway, this is the tune I'm going to play when I lips you. tongue cool Timbooooo Eylelele!!! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV17n3xCZac
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by aizeowen(m): 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
argentina will win d finals n messi will take the world best for d 5th tyme

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi's Children Arrive Nigeria For His Burial Preparation (photo) / Meet Tolulope Omogbehin Aka Omos, 7"3 Ft Tall Nigerian WWE Superstar / Meet Jose Mourinho's Daughter, Matilde & Son, Jose Jr (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.